Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (19159 Views)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / Javascript/ajax Or Flash / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by segsalerty(m): 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
Yeah , Nice tread here , i've gone thru it , took alot of time , really impressing ! like i used to say ( i wish to know Book like DHTML when i grow up )

Pls ooo , i dont know if this Post can proceed ?
i mean let we students/learners here tell DHTML sir to proceed and lets get to put together what he had thought us and lets get to know how to build a working Forum , using XHTML , CSS, PHP , MYSQL , it seems a Forum dont really need Javascript !
So, let the class start now ! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
That reminded me sef. . .shortly before becoming dhtml, i set a project for myself. . .to build a very simple forum. . .as a test of my newly acquired skills. . .about 10 years ago. . .here will a very good opportunity to bring that in. . .
but first, i must simplify the codes. . .there are 2 much redundant codes in the forum. . .you will find a copy of this forum on my old website:
http://mwebng.net/dhtmlonline/index.php?hash=forum - and by the way, that forum is working, but i dont use it. . .it is only there for demo purpose

That is the pattern. . .

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by segsalerty(m): 12:03am On Mar 21, 2009
Uhmmm, nice one , Teach us ! let the lectures start now ! lets be like you na !
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 21, 2009
Minimum requirement to enroll for this project is php / mysql . . . javascript is optional, and very little if any all will be used. . .

Processing files needed. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 21, 2009
Since posting something in the forum will require you to have user account. . .i am going to add the forum to the former dhtmlproject we were working on
to prevent duplication of having to start teaching how to create user accounts. . .

However, i will like first to try to summarize what we have been doing all along. . .to those later comers just joining the class. . .make them no lost for road

I started a project on tryin to help freshers learn how to put together html, javascript, css, php and mysql. . .and i think i partly succeeded. . .

In that step, i introduced something called the dhtml file browser, which is a utility on my website that you to view / run the tutorial online and also
get to download the source codes for free. . .

To launch the dhtml file browser, please click here and note the link too.
Remember that to start off a project, it is the index.php that you need to open in that file browser. . .and all the steps are zipped too.
To download say step1, you will see step1.zip and so on. . .

In case you still dont get all of that. . .here is a shortcut to view the steps. . .easier to download with the browser. . .
View Step 1
View Step 2
View Step 3
View Step 4
View Step 5
View Step 6

Aaaaand, if you still have any questions to ask concerning the steps. . .please feel free to ask them here. . .

So the next project. . .adding a simple hand-coded forum. . .will start off the step 7. . . but i will skip out what has been learnt in
the other steps to make this one less bulky. . .

And by the way. . .i have not forgotten my ludo. . .not just yet (@segun, i was able to get the ludo algorithm from that Indian programmer chic i was
talking about. . .tracked her all the way to facebook. . .) . . .and the flex tutorial too . . . what tutorial i post on depends on the current work i am doing at the moment . . .

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2009
So that forum consist of 4 tables:
- categories
- subcategories
- topics

birthday.xml
[off-topic]
And by way my birthday is coming up on 25th. . .next week wednesday. . .well wishers, please send your text messages to: 07030290746 . . .
And for those that dont wish to write text messages. . .you can post it directly to my facebook profile. . .
[/off-topic]

Before i proceed any further. . .lemme upload the former dbase. . .done. . .so check the dhtml browser for forum_dbase.zip

Add the tables there to your existing dhtml project dbase. . .if you encounter any problems, please lemme know, by posting the error messages
here if any. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 21, 2009
If you have followed the steps above. . .please lemme know before i continue with the next step. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by ndimension(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2009
Hi dhtml. I want to set up a bulk sms site. It will have membership accounts and members can send customized bulk sms branded in their organisation name from the site to the phones of their prospect. Please can you set up such a site for me and how much will you charge for such a job. Thanks
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2009
That is off-topic. . .if your question / request does not relate directly to this thread, please visit my website and send a request, or check my profile and send me mail to me. . .at support@mwebng.net. . .anyone. . .

Questions from the students please?
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by segsalerty(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2009
UHmmm, Nice one ! we are all following the class.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 23, 2009
Make sure you study the steps properly so that you do not get lost!
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 28, 2009
I just made a little post on how to do pagination of your mysql query, please follow this link

It is especially important in the forum, i will continue that one later on.

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by 4watever: 1:28am On Mar 31, 2009
sorry to butt in but just wanted to letýa know that the ebook at mwebng.net is currently undownloadable
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 01, 2009
Well. . .the stuffs on my site will not download using all them accelerators, straight browser download. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 04, 2009
Well. . . .looks like there are no questions. . .so i guess we continue with the forum then. . . .almost fully back from my leave. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
@dhtml have some challenges with the codes.

I am sorry I wld be taking you back some few steps (step 5)

I am using wamp 2.0c with Vista OS

The login.php page does not validate if the user exists already in the db or not it just goes ahead to display the index page
without any notification, I guess this is not suppose to be.The login.php is suppose to validate b4 displaying the index.php pageI guess.

I dont understand why.

The register.php page also when loaded from the home page does not verify if the information exists in the db.
If the information entered by the user exists, it does not add the registration info but if it does it does not
add it to the db. i.e the msg 'The information exists on file'.I dont no why dat is I think maybe it is the wamp dat I am using because b4 I even got tit to work on Vista it was a serious headache.

Any advice
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2009
I have some challenges with the codes.

I am sorry I wld be taking you back some few steps (step 5)

I am using wamp 2.0c with Vista OS

The login.php page does not validate if the user exists already in the db or not it just goes ahead to display the index page
without any notification, I guess this is not suppose to be.The login.php is suppose to validate b4 displaying the index.php pageI guess.

I dont understand why.

The register.php page also when loaded from the home page does not verify if the information exists in the db.
If the information entered by the user exists, it does not add the registration info but if it does it does not
add it to the db. i.e the msg 'The information exists on file'

Any advice
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by sirleodon(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2009
Date and Time

Live Clock FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
An extremely versatile cross browser live clock script. Every aspect of it is configurable, from specifying whether to just display the time, the time plus date, to the clock's font size/color, and more. The ultimate live clock script this is!

Local Time script FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
Want to display the current local time of a specific place in the world? This DHTML script uses your server's time to calculate and display the local time of anywhere on Earth. Note that the page using this script must either be PHP or SSI (server side includes) enabled.

LCD Clock FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
This digital clock attempts to mimic that cool "glow in the dark" look of a LCD watch when it comes to its interface. Displays the time in standard 12-hour format, with a "AM" and "PM" indicator.

Upper Corner Live Clock FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
A live text clock that displays itself in the upper left corner of the screen

Analog clock (static) FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
DHTML clock scripts sure have come a long way since the straightforward numeric display. Meet this clock app, which shows neatly in the browser's corner the time in standard format.

Analog clock II (VML) IE5+
-User submitted
This script harnesses the power of VML in IE 5 to create a VML analog clock. The clock can be displayed anywhere inline on the page, and both it's size and coloring can be modified. Degrades well with all browers.

Analog clock III (Mouse trail) IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
Your mouse cursor will never be the same, not with an analog clock following it around!

Popup analog clock IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
Use this cross browser DHTML script to display the analog time to your visitors via a popup window. Activated either through clicking a link, or automatically as the page loads.

Dynamic countdown script FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
This is a live count down script that can be set to count down to any future date/time, such as Christmas, your dad's birthday etc. Customize all aspects of the count down, such as what text to display, even the action to perform at the end of the count down. Note that the date/time is derived from the visitor's computer, so it's relative to each visitor's time.

Universal countdown script FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
This is a "universal" count down script that lets you count down to absolute events whereby the target date/time needs to be specific to a certain time zone, such as the launch date of a web site, the date/time of the next Solar Eclipse etc. It accomplishes this by using your server's time to calculate the local time of the desired location on earth before performing the count down.

Dynamic countup script FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
Display how much time has passed since an expired date with this rare script. It's sensitive to the second (ie "April 9, 2005 13:30:00"wink, and thanks to a custom "oncountup" event handler, you can control exactly the action to take each second as the script is counting up, most commonly, display the results inside a DIV.

Refresh Page script FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
Certain situations call for the refreshing of the webpage every few seconds/ minutes (such as a webcam page). Use this script to carry out this task in a graceful, "visual" manner.

Live Date FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
A script that displays a live date, in the format of Sunday, June 07, 1998 9:22:58 PM that is updated every second.

Title date FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
This is a simple yet useful DHTML script that displays the current date as the title of the document. It utilizes the exclusive document.title property of IE 4 to accomplish this, therefore, is only visible to IE 4 browsers.

Title time FF1+ IE5+ Opr7+
-User submitted
This script displays the live time in the title of your surfer's browser! It does not erase the default title of the document, but rather, simply appends the time to it.

help me chose short form of date or I need it from you guzs
thank you all
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2009
Erm, @ kolexinfos best thing is to change to reactor server 1.4 - the username:root, password: password
wamp can be a bit of a headache to configure atimes especially if you are not used to it . . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Willyesq(f): 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Poster

i need the services of a website designer urgently. i have gone through your postings to find a direct contact but could not, hence this open notice.
pls contact me on mailme5485@yahoo.co.uk.

thank you.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 08, 2009
You can click on my profile link - u can try support@mwebng.net - have a 9ce day. . .aaand to the students, i am on a temporary leave - leave for work this time. . .coding day and night. . .but i will be back soon. . fully in maybe 2 weeks time
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 13, 2009
I am really missing some of you guyz. . . .some interesting posts are coming very soon, some tidbits from the current projects i am working
on, like how to upload say 100 photos at a go with ajax (without leaving the page), and get results back on the same page, like download failed,
a particular file failed to upload. . .

And also an exclusive on how to bypass the ajax transfer limit. . .for instance, how to submit say 500MB of data and even more sef with my new ajax simulator - a simple javascript class file. . .

I have already posted it on: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-261073.0.html#msg3721851 . . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2009
My website is temporarily down at the moment, it will be back soonest. . .hopefully in the next 24 hours
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by lazywealth(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2009
Get the latest webmaster tools and create a website that is powered by javascripts.It comes in cd only and not e-manuals if you are interested call kenny on 08038294995,08055753349.Do you know that there are some company that will pay you for designing website for them online?hop in right away,
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2009
Websites powered by javascript does not sound too fun!
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by lazywealth(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2009
Then you are talking about flash! I so much like it but it is not the best for beginners. Newbies can master javascript code from the scratch. I know you are so dynamic,
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by lazywealth(m): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2009
Even you know nobody is an island you also need this software of mine. You will be more dynamic with it lol wink cheesy
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2009
Yeah right, my website is mostly ajaxified, i love javascript really, just that it lacks security and all that. . . .but it is nice to know. . .
Just dont rely too much on it. . .and i am already dynamic really. . .that is why i am called dhtml short of dynamic html. . .

To the class, sorry, i have been on an away job, which is taking all my time finish, though i am not making active posts, but i will respond to any questions asked in any of my favorite languages including javascript. . . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2009
And by the way, maybe you can send me a demo of this your software, if it is good, maybe i will recommend my former students. . . i used to teach web design in the past. . .
But let me warn you that i also do softwares by the side, i came from software development to websites, so if your software is thrash, well. . . .i hope not. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by lazywealth(m): 1:07am On May 07, 2009
well i may consider sending you the demo cos i know you will even need it! so dear, call me,
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by biggjoe(m): 5:00pm On May 07, 2009
@[i]lazy[/i]wealth,

website powered by javascript as dhtml said is not fun and i will add not secure and dynamic.

dynamism is everything and we all know how easy it is to goof javascript since its clientside.

again, i think you are trying to derail this tutorial with your adverts. everything around here has been given free so far and i think you should emulate dhtml et all and stop asking people to call you.

From the much you you have said so far, I dont think dhtml needs anything from you neither do i, i am also good with php and asp myself.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 12, 2009
Well said big joe, i am tryin to round up a very difficult project which is taking up loads of time, i hope to be back latest next month, with more interesting stuffs. . .
And by the way, security with javascript and ajax exist, but is quite tricky and difficult to use. . . .but in the end, it is almost as secure as php
alone. . .you just need to be very careful about stuffs you allow javascript alone to handle, and be more extra careful with your php
scripts. but having said that, it is easier said than done!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Musk: Twitter Taking Legal Action To enforce Agreed Deal / How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.