Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (19432 Views)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / Javascript/ajax Or Flash / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Honeywell: 7:53pm On May 12, 2009
good posting, bros, keep it up!

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by softnsmart: 5:03pm On May 13, 2009
I am sorry to interrupt your blog but I wish to inform you about the new Nigerian made Web Development Framework, PHP Freedom Framework. It is a MVC based framework written in object oriented PHP5. I always like saying that you could develop a full database driven website in 15 minute, please pardon me but it is true.

It is flexible and allows developers to imagine more and do much more. I have worked with some frameworks for a few years, this include Zend Framework and Seagull. And lately I have been working with Oracle JDeveloper(ADF etc for JAVA). My favorite framework regardless of the language is ZF. But I always ask my colleagues if these frameworks are what we really needed. We need a framework that would help us understand the reasons for using a framework and the real concepts behind frameworks.

PHP Freedom Framework takes you straight to business and will, with time, make you a framework developer.

Post comments here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271455.0.html to avoid distracting the purpose of this thread.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/phpfreedom/downloads/list
Issues: http://code.google.com/p/phpfreedom/issues/list

Thank you and I am sincerely very sorry for distracting you, but I wish you would like to be a part of this young project.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by biggjoe(m): 6:56pm On May 13, 2009
Thats what I call a cheap shot, your apologies didnt change much of the way we see your post -- cheap advert!
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by softnsmart: 7:06pm On May 13, 2009
@biggjoe

Once again, I am sorry for getting you infuriated, it was not unexpected, though. But I wish to say that I felt that this is the best place to reach Nigerian web developers who might be interested in new developments in the Nigerian technology sector. It was meant for information purpose and not to seek for patronage. And again, I wish to say that the project is free and open source. So I would not think it was an advert, and I am not some who likes controversies that is why I apologized, and I hope you would understand and I sincerely hope that the moderator does as well.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 13, 2009
Really, this place is turning to advert zone, where is the mooooooooderator
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 30, 2009
I want to do a little diversion here, before getting back to the class project topic. . .

Let us talk about javascript/css compression, the implementation and stuffs. . .

I am waiting for comments here before i continue. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by coolnature: 11:15am On May 31, 2009
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by coolnature: 11:18am On May 31, 2009
I need a website in one week, pls call my number if u can do it good.08035178347
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2009
Well, compressing javascript and css can help reduce there download size by 50%, immagine a 50KB jscript file reduce to say 20KB, that improves the speed of your website 'cos scripts tend to download faster that way. . . .

Comments please. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by osmaah(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2009
hello dhtml. i think am interested in your phpmysql class. can we meet? pls leave a forwarding address 2 mail u. thank u.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2009
well, you can call me on 07030290746 or email: support@mwebng.net or contact me directly through my website.
At the moment, i am tryin to clear my virtual desk, i seem to be collected more work than i can handle at a time. And i dont do
one on one tutorials, too time consuming, but let's still see what you have to say anyway.

Lemme see if i can upload the javascript compression utility tonight, and continue discussions from there
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2009
Wait a minute, how is it that i am not getting any comments here? no encouragement or even discouragement. . .
Maybe i should just sit on the fence for awhile and see if anything happens
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2009
Well, like them say, seeing is believing. So lemme post it already. http://mwebng.net/utils/jscompress

There are a few rules that apply to the usage.

A valid source code can be seen below:
var mclear=new jpage();
var post_timer=null;

var mpost=new jpage();

mclear.ondownloadFailure=function() {
msgbox.show("You have been disconnected from the internet. Please check your connection.",'critical',"Internet Connection Lost","action=Close|modal=true|drag=true"wink;
};

mclear.ondownloadSuccess=function() {
document.getElementById("stat_msg_holder"wink.style.display="none";
};

function clearstat() {
var request="post/status.clear.php";
mclear.download(request);
};

var prompt;
var post;
var post_txt;
var post_btn;
var msg_holder;
var saver;
function load_events() {
prompt=document.getElementById("action_prompt"wink;
post=document.getElementById("action_post"wink;
post_txt=document.getElementById("action_post_text"wink;
post_btn=document.getElementById("action_post_btn"wink;
msg_holder=document.getElementById("stat_msg_holder"wink;
saver=document.getElementById("saver_msg"wink;

//alert(saver.innerHTML.trim());
if(saver.innerHTML.trim()==""wink {msg_holder.style.display="none";}
else {msg_holder.style.display="block";};

document.getElementById("action_cell"wink.onclick=function() {
if(prompt.style.display=='block') {
prompt.style.display='none';post.style.display='block';post_txt.focus();post_txt.select();
}

};

post_txt.onblur=function() {
try {clearTimeout(post_timer);} catch(err) {void(0);};
post_timer=setTimeout(function() {prompt.style.display='block';post.style.display='none';},1000);
};

post_txt.onfocus=function() {
try {clearTimeout(post_timer);} catch(err) {void(0);}
};

post_btn.onclick=function() {post_data();}

};

function post_data() {
post_txt.disabled=true;
post_txt.readonly=true;

var request="post/status.php?text="+escape(post_txt.value);
mpost.xdownload(request,
function() {
if(responseText2=="gmode"wink {

post_txt.disabled=false;
post_txt.readonly=false;

prompt.style.display='block';post.style.display='none';
document.getElementById("stat_msg_holder"wink.style.display="block";
alert("Your login session has expired, please login to continue."wink;
} else {
var text=responseText;

post_txt.disabled=false;
post_txt.readonly=false;

prompt.style.display='block';post.style.display='none';

var ctime=text.param('ctime').urldecode();
var ctext=text.param('ctext').urldecode();

document.getElementById("saver_msg"wink.innerHTML=ctext;
document.getElementById("saver_msg_time"wink.innerHTML=ctime;

document.getElementById("stat_msg_holder"wink.style.display="block";
}

},
function() {
msgbox.show("You have been disconnected from the internet. Please check your connection.",'critical',"Internet Connection Lost","action=Close|modal=true|drag=true"wink;
}
);

return false;
};

which was compressed to:
eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,d){e=function(c){return(c<a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!''.replace(/^/,String)){while(c--){d[e(c)]=k[c]||e(c)}k=[function(e){return d[e]}];e=function(){return'\\w+'};c=1};while(c--){if(k[c]){p=p.replace(new RegExp('\\b'+e(c)+'\\b','g'),k[c])}}return p}('2 j=s t();2 i=1u;2 x=s t();j.1c=6(){Z.12("13 X L M N K J. G H I O.",\'P\',"V W U","T=Q|R=c|S=c"wink};j.1b=6(){7.5("f"wink.1.3="b"};6 1e(){2 g="9/B.1f.y";j.1i(g)};2 a;2 9;2 4;2 n;2 h;2 r;6 1h(){a=7.5("1a"wink;9=7.5("1j"wink;4=7.5("15"wink;n=7.5("14"wink;h=7.5("f"wink;r=7.5("10"wink;p(r.m.16()==""wink{h.1.3="b"}A{h.1.3="8"};7.5("18"wink.z=6(){p(a.1.3==\'8\'){a.1.3=\'b\';9.1.3=\'8\';4.17();4.1g()}};4.1C=6(){u{E(i)}v(C){D(0)};i=1k(6(){a.1.3=\'8\';9.1.3=\'b\'},1w)};4.1v=6(){u{E(i)}v(C){D(0)}};n.z=6(){w()}};6 w(){4.q=c;4.o=c;2 g="9/B.y?e="+1p(4.1s);x.1q(g,6(){p(1x=="1r"wink{4.q=d;4.o=d;a.1.3=\'8\';9.1.3=\'b\';7.5("f"wink.1.3="8";1o("1l F 1m 1n 1t, 1A F 1B 1z."wink}A{2 e=1y;4.q=d;4.o=d;a.1.3=\'8\';9.1.3=\'b\';2 l=e.Y(\'l\').11();2 k=e.Y(\'k\').11();7.5("10"wink.m=k;7.5("19"wink.m=l;7.5("f"wink.1.3="8"}},6(){Z.12("13 X L M N K J. G H I O.",\'P\',"V W U","T=Q|R=c|S=c"wink});1d d};',62,101,'|style|var|display|post_txt|getElementById|function|document|block|post|prompt|none|true|false|text|stat_msg_holder|request|msg_holder|post_timer|mclear|ctext|ctime|innerHTML|post_btn|readonly|if|disabled|saver|new|jpage|try|catch|post_data|mpost|php|onclick|else|status|err|void|clearTimeout|login|Please|check|your|internet|the|been|disconnected|from|connection|critical|Close|modal|drag|action|Lost|Internet|Connection|have|param|msgbox|saver_msg|urldecode|show|You|action_post_btn|action_post_text|trim|focus|action_cell|saver_msg_time|action_prompt|ondownloadSuccess|ondownloadFailure|return|clearstat|clear|select|load_events|download|action_post|setTimeout|Your|session|has|alert|escape|xdownload|gmode|value|expired|null|onfocus|1000|responseText2|responseText|continue|please|to|onblur'.split('|'),0,{}))

Reducing the size from 3kb to about 1.9 KB

Notice the syntax of the source that at the end of most } i added ; now that is very important, i will continue the documentation later. Enjoy!
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by segsalerty(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2009
Nice one, but , what compressed that code and how was it compressed sir ?
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 08, 2009
Now that is a very interesting question. . .but it was compressed using php, used the p-a-c-k-e-d method which i have only slightly modified.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2009
Now i am seriously begining to wonder if anybody has tried this, i do not seem to be getting any comments and questions. . .
I can even help you debug your code sef if you get stuck. . .

No problems, lemme start preparing the css compression stuff, that one seem to be more easier. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by dearstan(m): 7:20am On Jun 09, 2009
dhtml:

Now i am seriously begining to wonder if anybody has tried this, i do not seem to be getting any comments and questions. . .
I can even help you debug your code sef if you get stuck. . .

No problems, lemme start preparing the css compression stuff, that one seem to be more easier. . .

Like you rightly mentioned, i dont think anyone may have tried compressing javascript or css files on their website because most people would see it as irrelevant. But if i may ask, cant the script be used to compress other file extensions? Also would the compressed version function properly?
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 09, 2009
The compression makes your website load faster, by reducing the size of your javascript/css to less than half of their original size.

And by the way, jquery plugin uses just exactly this same kind of compression algorithm! as in the prototype.js!

And as for compressing other scripts like php, it is done, i even have the algorithm but the differences is not so marked like that
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by fxmaxony(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
@dhtml, i like what is going on here, do you have a comprehensive e book or tutorial, let me know
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
E-book on what topic pleaze? I have ebook, but most of what i post here in webmasters are based on experience and also part
of some of the work i have done in the past mostly, and some of present.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 12, 2009
While i am still sorting out the css compressor utility and other stuffs, dont forget to join the javascript class:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279198.0.html
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 12, 2009
Well, this is the spoiler:

That is the main engine behind the csss compression stuff. . .

<?php
function readfile2($file="",$buffer=""wink {
$buffer=file_get_contents($file);
// remove comments
$buffer = preg_replace('!/\*[^*]*\*+([^/][^*]*\*+)*/!', '', $buffer);
// remove tabs, spaces, newlines, etc.
$buffer = str_replace(array("\r\n", "\r", "\n", "\t", ' ', ' ', ' '), '', $buffer);
return $buffer;
}
?>

See you guyz later. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2009
Whilst i have not yet been able to sort out the full css compression module, you can check some dhtml reference materials on
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279198.32.html . . .later
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by lannre(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
dhtml how can I talk to U online my ID is lannre@yahoo.com
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Class is temporarily taking a break, i will be back sometime later. . . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2009
CSS Compression utility: http://www.mwebng.net/utils/css.compress/index.php
That one is more straight forward compared to the javascript compression.

The efficiency however is around 95%, and it compresses the file sometimes up to 50%
which will reduce the time they will take to download from your website.

I think that ends the diversions part for now. I will get right back on the main topic
on my next post, and will tolerate any questions concerning the css and javascript compressions.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by remoranger(m): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2009
@dhtml
I will remove this post by evening. i am chatting through my yahoomail not my messenger. and the chat server get wahala. pls you can communicate with me by mail in the main time. webextremeconcept@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
No problemo, i will talk to you later then. Dont wory about removing the post. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 22, 2009
[size=15pt]News Flash: How Flash Ruined My DHTML Effect[/size]

I had dhtml effect that displays a pop-over window over a page, and on that same page, i later introduced flash.
There is this problem of flash not allowing objects like DIV to display over it, even if you make use of position:absolute;z-index:1000

Well, i was able to sort it out by visiting: http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=e5141
You will get better explanation there of what the problem was all about and how to solve it too.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kliverpool(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2009
i need to talk to u
i want somebody to build a website for me?
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by yawatide(f): 11:26am On Jul 22, 2009
News Flash: How Flash Ruined My DHTML Effect
dhtml:
Your link didn't come up but this is a common problem. I have solved this by using either z-index or an iframe or in some instances both. Whereby what is bleeding through is very "tiny", I usually fix the problem via javascript by setting visibility of the element to hidden.

I believe I even have a tutorial or quiz on this here somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

How Much Do U Make From Your Blog? Be Honest / Free Proxy And Hide Ip - Ninja Cloak / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.