Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates (1145 Views)

Obaseki Sacks State Worker For Testifying Against Party In Election Case / •breaking News•new Election Dates• / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by olillywales(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2015
The United States Secretary of State, Mr. John Kerry, has expressed disappointment over the postponement of the Nigeria’s general election. According to Kerry,“The United States is deeply disappointed by the decision to postpone Nigeria’s presidential election, which had been scheduled for February 14.”

“Political interference with the Independent National Electoral Commission is unacceptable, and it is critical that the government do not use security concerns as a pretext for impeding the democratic process,” he stressed. Kerry said the international community “will be watching closely as the Nigerian government prepares for elections on the newly scheduled dates.

The United States underscores the importance of ensuring that there are no further delays. “As I reaffirmed when I visited Lagos last month, we support a free, transparent, and credible electoral process in Nigeria and renew our calls on all candidates, their supporters, and Nigerian citizens to maintain calm and reject election-related violence,” Kerry added

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/us-disappointed-over-shift-in-election.html
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Beesluv: 9:02am On Feb 08, 2015
Everybody should be disappointed except for those who hate progress.

Hit LIKE if you like this postponement and SHARE if against

11 Likes 11 Shares

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by jamex93(m): 9:02am On Feb 08, 2015
waiting consign dem??.... na dem want vote for us ni?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by utytill(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2015
Tell dem to face front.Make dem first go pay china thier credit.world biggest debtor no get mouth to talk wey naija dey.GEJ pls try behave like Mugabe sometimes.Dey fit try dis thier busy body in Zimbawe?dat ambassador for commot 20 minutes after dis mumu talk.

2 Likes

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Topkush: 9:04am On Feb 08, 2015
The I in INEC is not INDEPENDENT

1 Like

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by HURUCHI(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Shekinen
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by helpee(m): 9:06am On Feb 08, 2015
Boko haram is our cup of tea. At least USA refused to sell us arms. Wetin come concern them with our election. When george bush was busy rigging in florida, did we put our mouth. Abeg park well mr ambasador

7 Likes

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Beesluv: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2015
Topkush:
The I in INEC is not INDEPENDENT
I think so
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2015
I'm also deeply disappointed in GEJ sad inasmuch as I do not support his reelection, I never really expected that he'll go this far in order to cling to power. This is obviously a new low for him and his government. He promised never to interfere with the election process but he's now arm - twisted the INEC to achieve his selfish reasons. He may have sold his soul to the devil. I'm sure it's only perdition and regret that will be his reward. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by isan(m): 9:09am On Feb 08, 2015
Wetin concern america with nigeria election sef undecided nah we get our election and nah we postpone am

2 Likes

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by rondo235: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2015
this people talk like parrot...Wats ya concern blackYankee....mehn we are not a satellite state...meanwhile electn in america is not free n fair..

1 Like

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by kay1one2(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2015
Beesluv:
Everybody should be disappointed except for those who hate progress.

Hit LIKE if you like this postponement and SHARE if against

Are you so lonely?

2 Likes

Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Beesluv: 9:53am On Feb 08, 2015
kay1one2:

Are you so lonely?

Will you come keep me company?
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by kay1one2(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2015
Beesluv:

Will you come keep me company?

Chukwu ekwena! (God forbid! )
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by Beesluv: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2015
kay1one2:

Chukwu ekwena! (God forbid! )

Abeg, park well with your dry company
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by appini: 10:31am On Feb 08, 2015
Only insane person will expect us to conduct an election when majority of our military personnel are engaged in the northeastern part of the country.

The joint military taskforce from Chad, Niger and Cameroun will be brought in to engage the boko haram fighters, then we will deploy our military to secure the elections.

We are smarter than you and your co-travellers by trying to divide the military strength before the elections.
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by AmucheJane(f): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2015
Wetin concern them undecided
Re: US Disappointed Over Shift In Election Dates by paulolee(m): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2015
wu qivs a FCK abt dier disappointment....hw dier disappointments take affect d fact DT my qal always reminds mi of hw jeqa news made hr nyt...
click like for GEJ
click share for GBM

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Campaigning Using Match Box (pictures) / Elections Are Not Won On Social Media / Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.