Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga (12809 Views)

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Jhena(f): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Following changes in dates for the general
elections, NEDG cancels presidential election
debate, scheduled for Sunday, February 8,
says new date will be announced.

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/poll-shift-nedg-cancels-presidential-debates/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by dharyour93(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
This is good. I hope the debate holds sha
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by korel9: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
dharyour93:
Hh

Bros ^^^, booking space on a Sunday? undecided

You no dey go church? cheesy

@ topic, GMB can now breathe a sigh of relief or better still find his certificate before the new date grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by alobam1: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Those two guys above me..chai. this postponment is a good thing sha...third to comment.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by datguru: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Very good

At least saving buhari the shame
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by mooremedia: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Goodluck, nigerian girlfriends association (NGA) want to use this medium to thank you for the postponement.
you don spoil market for boys.
Anyways our fones will be switched off on 14th.

5 Likes

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Fribery: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
70% of my choice for president lies on dis debate.

buhari u must debate.

#ihavenotdecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Lifebender(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Since Jonathan has decided to shift the election,If APC decided not to partake in the debate it should be no biggie.Jonathan just implemented the process of partitioning this country,i hope it doesn't backfire...

Anyhow it goes otuoke is sure for GRIDLUCK Jonathan.

AND TANOIDS/SATANIST SHOULD TELL THE CLUELESS ONE TO STOP KNEELING IN PUBLIC PLACES.IF HE SPENT SO MUCH TIME KNEELIN AND PRAYING SECRETLY THINGS'D HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR NAIJA.

HE IS A PHARISEE.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by toxiflam: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
No need for a new date self.
one who wouldn't debate, won't
Right now, we need to face pressing issues and get assurance that the election date won't be shifted again.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by brainpulse: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
This is want GEJ wants, to run away from debate. He is hated the more and it proves with clear evidences that he has nothing to offer innocent and hardworking Nigerians just his insaitible quest for power and corruption.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by rozayx5(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
angry
since all the mods now work for APC let me post this thread on frontpage
[size=15pt] PICTURE OF MATERNITY WARD IN OSUN STATE UNDER AREGBESOLA [/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/2135334/picture-maternity-ward-igun-hospital#30513355

http://www.punchng.com/feature/osun-communities-sleeping-on-gold-living-in-poverty/

Poverty everywhere

Like Owu-Epe, Igun lacks a functional hospital, a secondary school, potable water, roads and other basic social amenities that make life worthwhile despite being blessed with so much gold. The people live in poverty, wuth daily survive. Many households survive on less than N500 a day. The bulk of that sum goes into providing water and food ingredients. To support their families, many women have taken to petty trading in Ilesa while the men sign up to menial jobs in nearby towns.

Peter Oluduro, another leader in the town told Saturday PUNCH that successive administrations at every level of governance have done nothing to address their sufferings. He said they have been left at the mercy of illegal miners who invade their land and steal their common wealth – gold.

“If our government were sincere, our community would have been very beautiful going by all the promises they have made to us. We have benefitted nothing from the government over the years despite all the wealth that has been taken from our land.

“There is nothing in our hospital which is about 50 years old. There is no single drug there. The health workers don’t even come regularly because there is nothing for them to work with. My daughter who fell into labour recently was rushed to Ilesa because the hospital cannot even take care of her. The situation is that bad,” he said.
Ajilore, Durojaiye

Ajilore, Durojaiye

But while residents in places like Owu-Epe, Igun and Ijana decry the destruction of their environments and sources of livelihoods, things are not also completely rosy for the young men who dig through their farmlands every day, hoping to hit gold. For many in this category, the search for the precious metal and hope of a better life often end in total disappointment, sometimes disaster.

“I was introduced to this business when I was 15 by my brothers,” Hassan Ahmed, 23, told our correspondent who stumbled on him and his gang in the forest through the help of a commercial motorcyclist who understands the terrain. “Two of them died in Niger State when the pit they were inside collapsed on them,” he continued. “Before we noticed and could rescue them, they were dead already. It was a bad experience for me as a little boy then but it did not make me stop the job because I have to survive.

“Recently, I was badly injured when a pit I was inside collapsed on me. I still feel pains all over my body but I have to continue or else there would be no food for me. If I am able to raise enough money to buy a motorbike, I would leave this job,” he said.

Ahmed had a deep cut on his palm when he climbed out from one of the pits on the field. A sharp object had inflicted a two-centimeter wound on his right hand while sifting through mud in search of the precious metal. With no analgesic within reach, he simply tied a rag on the cut, before hitting it hard with a small stick.

“That would stop the bleeding,” he said, turning to our correspondent with a friendly gaze. “This is part of what we face every day on this job. Many of us did not attend school and so this is the only means we know by which to feed ourselves. But I don’t plan to continue with this job for long, it is killing me gradually,” he said.

At 27, Sanni Mohammed, is another young man whose hope of an instant jackpot at Owu-Epe’s gold field is gradually turning into frustration. Journeying from Kaduna to the area in search of a new life, Yusuf told Saturday PUNCH that the trade is no longer as lucrative as it used to be.

“On several days we dig for hours without finding a trace of gold. But sometimes when luck smiles on us, we could leave the field with N2, 000 each. But for several weeks now, all we get after digging for so long is not more than N1, 200 when sold. By the time the group shares the money, each person could get around N300, it is from that money that we feed and buy drugs,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Diesel1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Buhari get luck... He for speak english tire 2day.... Bigups to GEJ

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Good.......reschedule it towards 1st week of March 2015 and make sure Buhari and Jonathan appears to tell the masses how they will improve the economy....... cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by soldierdollar(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ok
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Faibuhari: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
Buhari will never debate because he belives western education is Sin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by adekennis(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
I wish I could lay my hands on dat clueless man and strangle him.

3 Likes

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
I drove past 3rd Mainland bridge today and only shook my head to the defacing of all GEJ/AGBAJE posters and banners. Must politics be played this way? Why not get your PVC and reject them at the polls rather than this unwarranted provocation?

APC, stop the violence!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Fribery: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
buhari must debate!.. ur town hall meeting is not forever...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Very good. Candidates have more time to explain their plans to the public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Irony is when Mr. "Stealing is not corruptn" says how much did Jim Nwobodo stole that made Buhari jailed him.

U can oppress ur neighbours wif a second hand car bought with ill gotten money, u feel u r a legend and #GEJ shld be made a life president?

cos u can build a high barb wired fence wif hired vigilante stationed @ ur gate, u think ts d best life?

The association of witches and wizard endorsed the clueless one cos they want more innocent blood to flow. #WhyGEJ

- from @syncrospy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by IKJ66(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
LaDies A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ now happy !!!
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by jamalflame: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mtcheeew

Buhari that is not even debating in your debate that you have given Jonathan expo.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by brainpulse: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ss
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
They may decide to shift the charade to May 29, we don't care.

1 Like

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Akinz0126(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
i can see this coming.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Ruttashobolwa(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Faibuhari:
Buhari will never debate because he belives western education is Sin
Teh Teh he must have other reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by dharyour93(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
korel9:

@ topic, GMB can now breathe a sigh of relief or better still find his certificate before the new date grin

Lol at Ur signature. I'm in same dilemma As You.
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Riclord001(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
korel9:

Lol... some pdp peeps are funny... we know who is actually breathing that sigh of relief...

2 Likes

Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by Ngasky(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Who is using BOKO HARAM as political excuse not to go for Election
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by nortcentrallord(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hahahahahaha, I thought the postponed election will cancel this debate thing. Una want kill this mallam with hypertension? grin grin grin grin
Re: NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga by brainpulse: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
With all this Goatluck is hated more

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekweremadu, Mimiko, Others To Receive Integrity Award / Sani Baba-Inna, Aisha Buhari’s ADC Released By DSS / APC Convention: Prince Olatunbosun Obtains Form For National Youth Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.