Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan (35895 Views)

Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by dklex(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:
Like actions in Hollywood blockbusters, gunmen, which number could not be easily ascertained, on Friday morning raided a printing press in Shomolu area of Lagos State, carting away copies of a book on the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Our correspondent gathered that the gunmen harassed the printers and took away copies of the book, entitled Two-Faced Jonathan: 100 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Go, authored by Blessing Agbomhere.

Workers in the printing press who were too  frightened, could not ask questions or confront the gun-wielding men suspected to be security operatives.

Speaking to journalists on the development, Agbomhere said the book was scheduled for launch at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Secretariat in Lagos, before the incident.

Agbomhere, who is also the initiator of Change Ambassador of Nigeria (CAN), said, “This book was being printed in Shomolu and I was told that the book that was to be launched today (Saturday) was taken away after someone within the printing press, who has sympathy for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), alerted security operatives about it.

“They came and confiscated all the printed copies of the book.  They came in mufti.

“We don’t know the arm of security agency that they belong to, or whether they are private individuals or not.

“The printers had to immediately release the books to them, because, they were heavily armed. I am not owing them. I have already paid them.”

Agbomhere added that the book mirrors Jonathan as a “President of the cabal, Tompolo, Asari-Dokubo and a few other corrupt elements, who are sponsoring Boko Haram to destroy Nigeria’s unity.

“The book says President Jonathan has failed to defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and as such should not seek re-election or ask for a job he know he doesn’t have the capacity to do,” he said.

The author dared Jonathan to act on the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) forensic audit report and bring those indicted by the report to book.

Also speaking, Ibilola Essien, a social entrepreneur with Act Now Nigeria, a non-governmental organisation, said the present administration has not done enough to salvage the country from the many problems besieging it.

According to her, poverty and corruption have continued to soar, while insecurity in the North East has claimed over 15,000 lives since 2009.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/gunmen-storm-lagos-press-confiscate-book-jonathan/

Here we go again, we are back in the stone age. The tyranny regime is back, but in Agbada style now, my people fasten ur seat belt, because we going for a long bumpy ride with this regime.
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by ayomidegambari(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:
Buhari is a certificateless

Tinubu is a drug load

Osinbajo is corrupt for mingling with tinubu

*singing* march am march am buhari don fall for ground ooo... march am march am, buhari don fall for ground oo match am x3.....

God bless our president
what's this one saying? U dey tink lyk nigerian nt lyk human being
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by iluvnaija: 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Tell the author to sell it online we'll buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by vislabraye(m): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
Rawani:
Now who is the person violently suppressing the freedom of the press? This will only make the book go viral when released, like the OBJ book. Jonadunce will never learn.

Did the gun men tell you that they were sent by PDP or GEJ ? Let the matter be investigated.

BTW, even if GEJ was behind it, is he the first to do so? Obasanjo does so. I remeber Tinubu using thugs and area boys to seize Tell News sometime ago.

Has Fashola not also used policemen to disperse a peaceful protest? How? Let me remind you that when the Lekki toll gates were built and the residents led a peaeful protest, Fashola sent policemen to beat up innocent people. One person was shot dead.

Now when GEJ wants to use gun men, people are shouting. You guys did not say anything when OBJ sent policemen to chase out 1004 residents. Some people even loSt their lives. So what are we saying?

My major problem is those people behind Buhari. The likes of Tinubu and Amaechi are too smart for GMB to handle.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by rajiade: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:

Tinubu is a drug load

*singing* march am march am buhari don fall for ground ooo... march am march am, buhari don fall for ground oo match am x3.....

God bless our president

You didn't add that Jonathan is a clueless drunkard and woman wrapper.

You did add that Sambo is 'cerrificateless' dump

*singing* I have decided no vote Buhari no turning back, no turning back.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by eleko1: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
On point/Agreed.Let wait till March 28 and do the needful
lacasa:
GEJ will end up like Laurent Gbagbo

If not worse.

Quote me.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by watchindelta(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Richard6:
Why would someone in the first place write such silly book against your incubent president because you were paid to do so by APC because of election? Is it because Jonathan is a gentleman thats why everybody should open his or her dirty mouth to talk trash against him? How many people said so against Obasanjo even wen its obvious that Jonathan's administration is far better than Obasanjo's? None said so cus everybody as afraid and knew what would happen to you.
APC should be careful in their desperate and hunger for power. If i had such gunmen myself, i would use it when i see such disrespect to our President by clowns even without Jonathan not giving the order which i know he never authorised this but a good PDP and Jonathan's lover like me.
u wan die ? Make Obj kill that person with spiritual n EFCC grin

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by vislabraye(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
iluvnaija:
Tell the author to sell it online we'll buy it.

You'll buy it online or you will download it for free ?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by ocheu(f): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Rawani:
Now who is the person violently suppressing the freedom of the press? This will only make the book go viral when released, like the OBJ book. Jonadunce will never learn.
common sense, this is just a way to attract peoples attention towards reading this particular book. Very sure is pdp that sent those gunmen just to draw attention. They can be so ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Come May 29 Jonathan must surely handover.
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by jorlons(m): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
The international committee needs to withdraw some privileges from this administration. So the world will know what a useless dicktator we have in disguise.
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by baby124: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Fear fear president. Your time is up. Whether now or six weeks. Do the honorable thing for once and face your fears.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by clockwise(m): 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
I guess those supporting pdp or apc on nairaland re out of their mind. Come to think of it, u re all shouting change, if u knw u want change, wat u should do is to tell ur people around u to go for change nd not just exchanging words with someone on internet, nd as for pdp members dat want to remain in power, should also give people reasons y dey should be given the second chance. Abeg make we have peace of mind on Nairaland jawe. W all know the winner already.
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by wazobiaN9(m): 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:

Tinubu is a drug load

God bless our president

one of the reasons why I was hoping for the election to be held asap is so that I can stop reading crap like this from dumbos like you.

in civilized societies, the ruling overnment looks forward to quick elections to clearly see how they fare with the populace.

Dy cannot kill our spirits, progressives will only wax stronger.

#Nigeriadecides

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by jthingz: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
LOL everytime I read comments in the political section on NL and see the negative comments about GEJ and the govt. I always wonder if these are real human beings or they are computer generated responses
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Coolcash1: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
The printer should upload the book online...they have only carted away the hard copy and not the soft copy.

#march4Buhari
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by tammmy(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
pring:

INEC POSTPONEMENT OF ELECTION; THE
IMPLICATIONS?
PDP celebrating election postponement as victory.
Tells you all you need to know about the direction of this election
What difference can 6 weeks make?
Will it return our 30 trillion naira?
Will it return our 6.8 trillion naira?
Will it build our refineries?
Will it provide our promised national carrier?
Will it bring back our girls?
Will it bring back our youths? murdered by Abba Moro?
Will it sanitize NNPC?
Will it end boko haram terrorism?
Will it reduce the poverty rate?
Will it add the year our children lost in the universities?
Will it give us purposeful leadership?
Will it restore the dying naira?
Will it restore the credibility of our president in the international community.
Be patient folks, we will definitely vote out cluelessness, incompetence and corruption
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner, the owner's day is here.
Even,if the election is eventually postponed;
Nigerians have decided to vote Buhari/Osinbajo as president; Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The election is no longer between PDP & APC but between Nigerians and PDP. 
Please all, stay the course, no shaking. Spread the word!!!
March 4 buhari
March4change

Clueless nigerians talking like baboons find out why 16 parties agreed to the decision
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Franzeez(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
lacasa:
GEJ will end up like Laurent Gbagbo

If not worse.

Quote me.

No dey fool yourself, go and sit down you poor rat. Mtcheeew, just come out and say rubbish GEJ will end like Laurent Gbagbo bla bla bla. Abeg go sit down wetin u know. Kill yourself for rich politicians and die poor with your family. You better take am easy. Mumu
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by ogene007: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:
Like actions in Hollywood blockbusters, gunmen, which number could not be easily ascertained, on Friday morning raided a printing press in Shomolu area of Lagos State, carting away copies of a book on the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Our correspondent gathered that the gunmen harassed the printers and took away copies of the book, entitled Two-Faced Jonathan: 100 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Go, authored by Blessing Agbomhere.

Workers in the printing press who were too  frightened, could not ask questions or confront the gun-wielding men suspected to be security operatives.

Speaking to journalists on the development, Agbomhere said the book was scheduled for launch at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Secretariat in Lagos, before the incident.

Agbomhere, who is also the initiator of Change Ambassador of Nigeria (CAN), said, “This book was being printed in Shomolu and I was told that the book that was to be launched today (Saturday) was taken away after someone within the printing press, who has sympathy for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), alerted security operatives about it.

“They came and confiscated all the printed copies of the book.  They came in mufti.

“We don’t know the arm of security agency that they belong to, or whether they are private individuals or not.

“The printers had to immediately release the books to them, because, they were heavily armed. I am not owing them. I have already paid them.”

Agbomhere added that the book mirrors Jonathan as a “President of the cabal, Tompolo, Asari-Dokubo and a few other corrupt elements, who are sponsoring Boko Haram to destroy Nigeria’s unity.

“The book says President Jonathan has failed to defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and as such should not seek re-election or ask for a job he know he doesn’t have the capacity to do,” he said.

The author dared Jonathan to act on the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) forensic audit report and bring those indicted by the report to book.

Also speaking, Ibilola Essien, a social entrepreneur with Act Now Nigeria, a non-governmental organisation, said the present administration has not done enough to salvage the country from the many problems besieging it.

According to her, poverty and corruption have continued to soar, while insecurity in the North East has claimed over 15,000 lives since 2009.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/gunmen-storm-lagos-press-confiscate-book-jonathan/
The author should immediately be arrested and tried for treasonable felony if she is unable to provide proof on GEJ's sponsorship of BH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by obagangan: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Wat a Pity. Jona is going down. grin grin march4Buhari
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by udemzyudex(m): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
I didn't read all the story but the few i read makes me to understand that we have a lot of educated illiterate on nairaland(if there is any word like that) .
They said someone in the prunting press alerted the security and they came in mofty.. How do u know the person is from PDP? You have the right to know who they are since they came on mofty,now he is saying they don't know which security operative they are? I see this as a make up story and if you want to carry this matter on ur head by insulting me,let me do that first by telling u ur fatherrrr,cos i won't be around to reply any useless quote grin
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by babestella: 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
Some people can't find their certificate, they blame GEJ, some can't impregnate their wife GEJ is to blame, some left their stew on the cooker to watch African magic as it burnt yet they blame GEJ. When will APC and it's supporters get a life?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by faladeSM1132(m): 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
musb92yahooco:
IMPLICATIONS?
Will it sanitize NNPC?
Will it restore the credibility of our president in the international community.
Be patient folks, we will definitely vote out cluelessness, incompetence and corruption
Nigerians have decided to vote Buhari/Osinbajo as president; Federal Republic of Nigeria.
March 4 buhari
March4change
and when inec announce GEJ on election day " you can go and die

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by boytie: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
pring:

IMPLICATIONS?
Will it sanitize NNPC?
March 4 buhari
March4change

What will a vote for Buhari bring you?
Will it bring back the 2.6billion dollars PTF scam?
Will it make Buhari at least apologize for once after he incited violence after the 2011 elections leading to the loss of lives of many young Nigerians?
Will it give Buhari enough time to write WAEC and get his certificate?
Will it make Buhari bold enough to come out to debate and tell us how he really wants to change Nigeria?
Will it give Buhari enough time to strategize and come with his plan to stabilize oil price (As if Him na OPEC)
Will it give him ample time to come up with his plan to end Kworruption (In Buhari's Voice) when he his inner circle is a den of corruption
Will it make him retract his statement on the baboon and the dog being stained with blood if he looses (another statement meant to incite violence in 2015)
Will it make Buhari take back his stand to stamp out ban media houses that is against his government.

I really pity young Nigerians who think Buhari has a magic wand that he will wave and all Nigeria's problem will end. I understand that frustration will want to make people accept any change even if they are not sure of the direction of the change.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Emmahunk(m): 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:
Like actions in Ho abundance od blockbusters, gunmen, which number could not be easily ascertained, on Friday morning raided a printing press in Shomolu area of Lagos State, carting away copies of a book on the administration of. President Goodluck Jonathan.

Where then is the Press freedom they claim to give in abundance and which Buhari has been accused of having in short supply?
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by olajide8(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
And GEJ goons- they have the audacity to make a false documentary on march4buhari and they can't take a book highlighting the inadequacies of GEJ...
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by viczing(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
[s][/s]
wazobiaN9:

one of the reasons why I was hoping for the election to be held asap is so that I can stop reading crap like this from dumbos like you.

in civilized societies, the ruling overnment looks forward to quick elections to clearly see how they fare with the populace.

Dy cannot kill our spirits, progressives will only wax stronger.

#Nigeriadecides

[s][/s] swerve dude...
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by ceejay80s(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
laprince:
b

And ur illetrate religious bigot, buhari, should come to power?.

After all the wasted years he has spent before.

What do u know about history?
When were u conceived?
Did buhari rule Nigeria up to 1yr
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by viczing(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
[s][/s]
rajiade:

You didn't add that Jonathan is a clueless drunkard and woman wrapper.

You did add that Sambo is 'cerrificateless' dump

*singing* I have decided no vote Buhari no turning back, no turning back.

[s][/s] don't be clueless on a Sunday bro
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by viczing(m): 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
[s][/s]
ayomidegambari:
what's this one saying? U dey tink lyk nigerian nt lyk human being

[s][/s] have you eaten today?
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
Zellie:
All to project the president in bad light undecided

APC, continu
I dont know to call you. You sense of reasoning is very low.
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by viczing(m): 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
[s][/s]
dklex:

Here we go again, we are back in the stone age. The tyranny regime is back, but in Agbada style now, my people fasten ur seat belt, because we going for a long bumpy ride with this regime.

[s][/s] Shush mofo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau / Buhari Has Integrity? See 5 Questions His Supporters Should Answer - Reno Omokri / Buhari Wins Nasarawa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.