Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (55790 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2009
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

- Psalm 46:10
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
Exodus 3:4:

Exodus 3:4

King James Version (KJV)

And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see,
God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses.
And he said, Here am I.

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look,
God called to him from within the bush, Moses! Moses!
And Moses said, Here I am.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by bisiofgod(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2009
for we know that ALL things works together for good for them that love God and to them that are called according to his purpose
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2009
For the LORD most high is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.

- Psalm 47:2
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Maykelly(f): 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2009
mess-You:

I have got some very beautiful Bible quotations that i mediate unto since they are extremely inspiring and i hope you all memorize them and mediate on them. Thats why i love the bible so much!
@mess-You, you're a bad criminal and foolish too. embarassed angry
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2009
mess-You:

Halleluyah! grin

(1) Jael murdered . . .

(2) . . . marrying . . . cousins . . .

(3) . . . common prostitute . . .

(4) . . . an adulteress . . .

An adulteress, prostitute, incest, murderer . . .   This is beautiful and gives us hope

The KING favours. He receives us just the way you are - No questions asked. No discrimination

Matthew 13:47 highlights this wonderfully

King James Version (KJV)

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net,
that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:"

Amplified Bible (AMP)

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet
which was cast into the sea and gathered in fish of every sort.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

"The kingdom of heaven is like what happens when a net is thrown into a lake and catches all kinds of fish.
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 2:17am On Feb 27, 2009
Jeremiah 9:23:

Jeremiah 9:23

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Thus says the Lord:

Let not the wise and skillful person glory and boast in his wisdom and skill;

let not the mighty and powerful person glory and boast in his strength and power;

let not the person who is rich [in physical gratification and earthly wealth] glory and boast in his [temporal satisfactions and earthly] riches;

King James Version (KJV)

Thus saith the LORD,

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might,

let not the rich man glory in his riches:

The LORD says:

Don't brag about your wisdom or strength or wealth.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:29am On Feb 27, 2009
Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

- Psalm 49:16-17
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 12:49am On Feb 28, 2009
Matthew 26:50:

Matthew 26:50

Jesus replied,

Friend, do what you came for.

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46am On Feb 28, 2009
I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

- Psalm 50:9-11
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2009
Matthew 13:52:

Matthew 13:52

King James Version (KJV)

Then said he unto them,
Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven
is like unto a man that is an householder,
which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

He said to them,
Therefore every teacher and interpreter of the Sacred Writings
who has been instructed about and trained for the kingdom of heaven
and has become a disciple is like a householder who brings forth out of his storehouse treasure that is new and[treasure that is] old [the fresh as well as the familiar].

So he told them,
"Every student of the Scriptures who becomes a disciple in the kingdom of heaven
is like someone who brings out new and old treasures from the storeroom."

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2009
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. . . Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

- Psalm 51:10,12
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2009
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.

- Psalm 55:17
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by benedictac(f): 9:15am On Mar 02, 2009
Rom. 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
(KJV)
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
Luke 7:28:

Luke 7:28

King James Version (KJV)

For I say unto you,
Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist:
but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

No one ever born on this earth is greater than John.
But whoever is least important in God's kingdom is greater than John.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John;
but he that is inferior [to the other citizens] in the kingdom of God is greater [in incomparable privilege] than he

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07am On Mar 03, 2009
For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another.

- Psalm 75:6-7
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2009
Matthew 18:4:

Matthew 18:4

King James Version (KJV)

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child,
the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child
[trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2009
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.

- Psalm 84:11
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2009
Matthew 6:10:

Matthew 6:10

Come and set up your kingdom,

so that everyone on earth will obey you,

as you are obeyed in heaven.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2009
For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

- Psalm 95:3
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2009
Luke 13:29:

Luke 13:29

King James Version (KJV)

And they shall come from the east, and from the west,
and from the north, and from the south,
and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

And [people] will come from east and west, and from north and south,
and sit down (feast at table) in the kingdom of God.

People will come from east and west and north and south,
and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God.

People will come from all directions
and sit down to feast in God's kingdom.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44am On Mar 06, 2009
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.

- Psalm 103:12
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 8:07am On Mar 06, 2009
Mark 4:30:

Mark 4:30

King James Version (KJV)

And he said,
Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God?
or with what comparison shall we compare it?

Amplified Bible (AMP)

And He said,
With what can we compare the kingdom of God,
or what parable shall we use to illustrate and explain it?

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

And he said,
To what may we liken the reign of God,
or in what simile may we compare it?

Again he said,
What shall we say the kingdom of God is like,
or what parable shall we use to describe it?

Finally, Jesus said:
What is God's kingdom like?
What story can I use to explain it?

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2009
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

- Psalm 118:24
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Pepeye(f): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2009
JOSHUA 1-8

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have good success
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Pepeye(f): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2009
JOSHUA 1-8

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have good success
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2009
Matthew 13:31:

Matthew 13:31

King James Version (KJV)

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed,
which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Another story by way of comparison He set forth before them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed,
which a man took and sowed in his field.

Jesus told them another story:
The kingdom of heaven is like what happens when a farmer plants a mustard seed in a field.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2009
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

- Psalm 119:9
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Recognise: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2009
Matthew 13:24-25 :

Matthew 13:24-25

King James Version (KJV)
24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25But while men slept, his enemy came
and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

24Another parable He set forth before them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.

25But while he was sleeping, his enemy came
and sowed also darnel (weeds resembling wheat) among the wheat, and went on his way.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

24Another simile he set before them, saying:
The reign of the heavens was likened to a man sowing good seed in his field,

25and, while men are sleeping, his enemy came
and sowed darnel in the midst of the wheat, and went away,

24Jesus told them another parable:
The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.

25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came
and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.

24Jesus then told them this story: The kingdom of heaven
is like what happened when a farmer scattered good seed in a field.

25But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came
and scattered weed seeds in the field and then left.

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Pepeye(f): 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2009
COLOSSIANS 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentles; Which Is Christ In You, The Hope Of Glory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy / Woman Accuses Pastor Walker Of Sleeping With Her Daughter In Mississippi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.