Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (50366 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Buhari Called For Jega's Sack & Accused INEC Of Corruption In March 2013 / Breaking: Presidency Shops For Jega Replacement (Proof Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by makzeze: 5:41am On Feb 09, 2015
Any General who says that he does not want divided attention and wants to concentrate on one operation at a time cannot be serious.What happens if, in the midst of the Boko Haram war, skirmishes break out in Bakassi and on our border with Benin Republic? Will the service chiefs say they cannot attend to those because they already have a war going on in the North East?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by judiciarypalava: 5:41am On Feb 09, 2015
I have known JEGA is biased in his conduct since his plans to establish more 30,000 polling units in the North was foiled.

JEGA has been accused of receiving 15 laptops to assist the North in their registration
He has been accused of conniving with the powers that be in the North to rig the election in Buhari's favour, hence the need for the recent reshuffling of state resident commissioners. So that the 'born to rules' will take over again.

JEGA as been accused of relaxing the rules on collection of PVC's in the North by making use of the village heads to distribute some, hence the reason while the troubled states in the North will record higher % in collection more than some peaceful states in the South.

JEGA has been accused of denying the Ibos of their PVC's as it ws on GMB's perception that because of his role during the Biafran war, that Ibos are gearing to pay him back. He claimed it was due to loss of data.

Imagine how many people that have been disenfranchised due to lack of personnel during this last registration in the South. Were as, a close friend of mine in the North had himself registered with out much stress. A situation were a polling station serving the almighty UNIBEN community was moved to merge with another polling station (Olukwu primary school) some kilometres away from the school with only one person manning the only laptop for the registration. The crowd there as at the last day was something else.
Upon all the allegations, JEGA has not debunked any.
And l ask, truly has JEGA been compromised? No wonder the APC has been agitating for the election to hold as planned no matter what the situation is, after all, they have perfected their game plan.
In fact, l suspect international conspiracy considering US and UK's comment on the election postponement.
This is our country and we will build it ourselves.
God bless Nigeria.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Jesusloveyou: 5:44am On Feb 09, 2015
freshness2020:
...GEJ; giving APC headache!
..I thought they say he is clueless, the more they say so , the more he shows them how authorising he can be!
<<FORWARD MARCH for GEJ2015!
gej is d one having heart attack,he can't do anything,he can't escape this defect.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by disloman(m): 5:45am On Feb 09, 2015
wasn't a surprise cos we knew it but will GEJ able to withstand d outcome of his actions?GEJ!don't push it too long.u might get burnt.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Sibrah: 5:49am On Feb 09, 2015
He he he . . . Buharist are busy hustling PVC!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by disloman(m): 5:50am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is s cool, if it was me, ii will fire jega replace it with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.
lolzzzzzzzzzz.utterance of f00l.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Burger01(m): 5:51am On Feb 09, 2015
There's something profane about this government. I can't believe this is happening to my beloved country. Some wicked and clueless people glaringly support corruption and still they hope for better Nigeria for their yet unborn generation. Smh... pity.

Btw, whatever they do Buhari will contest and we shall March4Buhari..

#March4Buhari..

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Raiders: 5:54am On Feb 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I am not surprised! Jega should have stood his ground and gone ahead in conducting the election. However GEJ and the PDP may not find this ploy of their as easy as they perceive because the APC might have seen through their ploy.

If any attempt is made by GEJ and the PDP to remove Jega, then GEJ and the PDP will be pushing Nigeria into another political conflict.

Come to think of it, is it by force that one must go on leave?
I don't blame Jega. There is no way Jega would have conducted election in Nigeria without security from the police and army. If something bad happens and lives are loss during the election the government will blame Jega and Jega don't want anybody blood in his hands. The C-in-C of the army and police is to be blame because he is aware since last year that election is February 14th and should have made the necessary security arrangements. INEC has done a wonderful job and were ready for the elections .

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 09, 2015
spott:
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North
ABUJA — Vanguard gathered that in his place, the Presidency was considering bringing in another academic from the South-West, who is currently heading a tertiary institution in the country. The professor of Political Science and International Relations is said to be a sibling of a serving governor in the South-West, who is a close ally of President Goodluck Jonathan and his party.[/b]
Competent sources also told Vanguard last night that although the name of the academic had been made known in security circles, it was not clear whether the man had been cleared by the forces with a view to sending his name to the National Assembly for possible confirmation, as required by law.
Working against Jonathan’s interest
Hmm...for the sake of peace, I hope Mr Jonathan has a rethink.

#GodblessNigeria#
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by free2ryhme: 5:59am On Feb 09, 2015
It will be outrightly unconstitutional to force Jega to go on leave, as the said provision in the civil service procedure is a voluntary provision, not a mandatory one. And if GEJ continues, the National Assembly should immediately begin an impeachment proceeding against the President. It is now obvious that GEJ is no longer interested in free and fair elections; all he want is to be rigged in. I thought he and his followers were beating their chest confident of victory at the polls, why then is the need for all these unlawful machinations? If there was ever any doubt as to GEJ's corrupt tendencies, the event of the last few weeks have removed all that doubts.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Burger01(m): 6:02am On Feb 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
[s]I have known JEGA is biased in his conduct since his plans to establish more 30,000 polling units in the North was foiled.

JEGA has been accused of receiving 15 laptops to assist the North in their registration
He has been accused of conniving with the powers that be in the North to rig the election in Buhari's favour, hence the need for the recent reshuffling of state resident commissioners. So that the 'born to rules' will take over again.

JEGA as been accused of relaxing the rules on collection of PVC's in the North by making use of the village heads to distribute some, hence the reason while the troubled states in the North will record higher % in collection more than some peaceful states in the South.

JEGA has been accused of denying the Ibos of their PVC's as it ws on GMB's perception that because of his role during the Biafran war, that Ibos are gearing to pay him back. He claimed it was due to loss of data.

Imagine how many people that have been disenfranchised due to lack of personnel during this last registration in the South. Were as, a close friend of mine in the North had himself registered with out much stress. A situation were a polling station serving the almighty UNIBEN community was moved to merge with another polling station (Olukwu primary school) some kilometres away from the school with only one person manning the only laptop for the registration. The crowd there as at the last day was something else.
And l ask, truly has JEGA been compromised? No wonder the APC has been agitating for the election to hold as planned no matter what the situation is, after all, they have perfected their game plan.
In fact, l suspect international conspiracy considering US and UK's comment on the election postponement.
God bless Nigeria[/s].
Rubbish

21 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by hardbody: 6:05am On Feb 09, 2015
jorlons:
Two things will happen.

1 Sack Jega or replace him and there will be a serious revolution.

2 Disqualify Buhari and cause a civil war.

The only thing the PDP can do now is campaign with the six weeks and recapture the 14 LGA in the NE.

Join the #General March4 Buhari (GMB)

Blowing hot air. Who will be fighting against whom and why? Will you lead the attack or you think it will be fought behind your phones and computers

11 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by thaoriginator: 6:12am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ will die like a chicken on the street! Where is Fani Kayode!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Raiders: 6:13am On Feb 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
I have known JEGA is biased in his conduct since his plans to establish more 30,000 polling units in the North was foiled.

God bless Nigeria.
You are just making accusations without having concrete evidences to back your statements. I am from Warri, Delta State and when I went to collect my PVC early this year, I didnt experience too much stress. The problem with some Nigerians is that they wait till the last mins before doing anything. INEC said 98% of the PVCs are ready for collection so people should go and collect their pvc rather than come online to complain about INEC victimizing some group of people.

Its normal for the north to have more polling center than in the south because they have more states and local government. North has always have more polling centers in all elections since 1960 so I don't know why it is a problem now.

Jega is not trying to victimized anybody or regions and I think he has been fair so far. Remember it is the same Jega that got GEJ elected in 2011 but now you are accusing him of being baised.

Jega has done a good job so far and all Nigerians should be supporting him in conducting a free and fair elections rather than spreading lies about him.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by joseph1832(m): 6:16am On Feb 09, 2015
Raiders:
I don't blame Jega. There is no way Jega would have conducted election in Nigeria without security from the police and army. If something bad happens and lives are loss during the election the government will blame Jega and Jega don't want anybody blood in his hands. The C-in-C of the army and police is to be blame because he is aware since last year that election is February 14th and should have made the necessary security arrangements. INEC has done a wonderful job and were ready for the elections .
All the more reason why Jega should have stood his ground! The excuse given by the Army is lame and everyone knows it. Jega should have called all the stake holders and asked them....

Anyway whatever plan the FG is trying to hatch will meet a brick wall! If they're truly planing on replacing then the FG will surely meet resistance. The FG is aware that opposition are not sleeping either and the opposition are not dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by jorlons(m): 6:18am On Feb 09, 2015
hardbody:

Blowing hot air. Who will be fighting against whom and why? Will you lead the attack or you think it will be fought behind your phones and computers

Just pray the two points I raised doesn't happen and stop asking me silly questions.

God forbids it happen will you still be defending yourself from the back of your phone/computer

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 09, 2015
PDP Monsters, i thought as much, Enemies of +ve change!! No matter what, i'll March4buhari !!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 09, 2015
I dnt lyk this feeling am aving abt Jonathan and his intention to postpone the election. It's a bad feeling
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by ziccoit: 6:28am On Feb 09, 2015
You have got to examine your brain if you still want to vote this guy coming elections. GEJ is a curse to this nation, the faster we remove him the better for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Pangea: 6:32am On Feb 09, 2015
Jega is a bloody coward!
He deserved to be sacked!

Why can't Nigerians stand for what is right ?

He knew the game plan well before hand and he still went ahead to play their script!
By postponing the election he had rubbished all he had work for all his life.

Coward!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Validated: 6:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Jega is compromised for allowing different criteria for collection of PVC between the North and the South. At first he wanted to create bogus polling units of over 30000 in the North with just 12000 in the South. He was prevented, then he resorted to this hidden agenda.

Accepting Buhari's form without certificate and telling an incumbent president to go to court is the height of affront. I won't take such bullshit as a manager from my subordinate not to talk of a sitting president. He should be replaced as he is already biased.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Another civil war looming!
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spott(m): 6:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Sibrah:
He he he . . . Buharist are busy hustling PVC!

u are silly bro provide evidence of that
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Masifa1: 6:50am On Feb 09, 2015
in what planet does PDP think they can mess with INEC at this time and get away with it undecided

I believe these people really just wanna drive this country to chaos.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Purehuman(m): 6:50am On Feb 09, 2015
This is not good for democracy. This election should be issue based and not play bad game.
Jonathan should not be myopic because the problem that will arise from silencing two prominent northern leaders will go a long way in destroying the peaceful co-existence of our unity.
We urge the president to stop this move and go to the polls without flaws. He'll win the election with his issue based campaign.

GEJ till 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Caseless: 6:53am On Feb 09, 2015
malele:
GEJ is s cool, if it was me, ii will fire jega replace it with somebody thaT will rig the whole election iN favor of PDP,and nothing will happen.
illiterate.
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 09, 2015
There is going to be trouble in Nigeria this year....
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spenca: 7:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Okay the replacement sounds familiar, the brother of olu segun mimiko, formerly a professor in OAU and now the VC of Akungba
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2015
Usless goverment
Re: Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News by spott(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Purehuman:
This is not good for democracy. This election should be issue based and not play bad game.
Jonathan should not be myopic because the problem that will arise from silencing two prominent northern leaders will go a long way in destroying the peaceful co-existence of our unity.
We urge the president to stop this move and go to the polls without flaws. He'll win the election with his issue based campaign.

GEJ till 2019

Tell ur GEJ oooo

SaiBuhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Besieged By Crowd At The Prayer Ground Today (photos) / Atiku With 489,045 Votes Defeats Tinubu In Katsina / The Worst Dressed Governor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.