Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? (14073 Views)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 12:21am On Nov 12, 2006
@gbade.x: If I answer your assertion with the personage of the father of mankind, Prophet Adam (AS), you and me, if we are to be objective and sincere in thought, we will agree that at the time of Adam, there was nothing called Judaism! If this is true, then there was nothing called Christianity. Since Christianity is a later word.

I may illustrate this point further with Oduduwa and his people. They existed long time, from the birth of Oduduwa, then his people and before they arrived in the present day Yorubaland! Before they arrived in Yorubaland, they were probably not known amongst their large group of people as yoruba nor dis they separately speak the yoruba language. Yet they were people. Their story, if it was written prior to this period of their yorubaness, will still be a story of the same people who will be refered to as from the larger group sub group, prior to existence of Yoruba!

From Adam (as), allthe way to Jacob (as0, the word Judah or Jew, which is a derivative of the former never existed. The religion known as Judaism and proper Jew as a people, a tribe from the children of jacob (Israel), came after Jacob. Then, what was the religion of Ibrahiim (AS), for example? God said in the Qur'an that Ibrahiim was not a Jew nor a Christian, but a Hanifan (a person who negates worshipping anything other than God the Almighty!), he (Ibrahiim), did not associate anything with God!

I ask you, how is this possible that Muhammad (AS) could copy the Bible? When Muhammad is the classic Iconoclast, following the same pattern as everyone of the prophets (AS) before him! Qur'anic story is essentially different from Biblical story of any of the common personage that they address, eg Moses, Joseph, etc (AS). If Muhammad had copied from the Bible, one will expect at best a rearrangement of details or exact text or less deatails. But the story in the Qur'an about any of the common personages is superior and fully detailed, without the usual romantic writing style, the Bible is known for.

Please, my brother, be serious. I know that you love your religion, but save your hide from the fire of Hell. Go to www.shareislam.com, to learn from an expert of the Bible. God guidance on you.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2006
Babyosisi, i can understand why you hit so much on the issue of sex and polygamy. you are only exhibiting the weaker side of yourself. you may probably be wondering why there are so much western muslim women who see our holy prophet as their hero. They dont share your weak and spitefull excesses.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2006
@Olabowale- couldn't get the table feature to work so have highlighted your quotes in blue

Posted on: November 11, 2006, 07:34                                                                           PMPosted by: olabowale
Now, Enugu, the topic is about Terrorism being Muslim problem, exclusively. If you look thoroughly, the starter of this thread is a christian. hence, you will be forced to ask, which group, is trying to malign the other, Christians or muslims? The answer is very obvious. However you may see it differently. The christians are even going as far as insulting Allah and His messenger (AS)! Yet, you can never find any muslim, anywhere on earth that will ever insult Jesus (AS)! Any insult levelled against any prophet is a direct insult on every prophet, from Adam all the way to jesus and ending up with Muhammad. so when a christian thinks that he/she is insulting Muhammad, it is also unknowingly directly insulting all of these men which include jesus (AS to all of them).[/color][color=#990000][/color]

@Olabowale,

I'm not sure that a christian asking a question about terrorism being a muslim problem is necessarily trying to malign islam. Right now in the UK, a lot of the indigenous white populaton (who are not christians), see terrorism as a muslim problem; consequently, there have been a lot of debates in the news- on TV, radio etc. Their intention is not to malign islam because they are not religious;however, their country is being transformed? by values different to their own so questions need to be asked.
I think this question of always assuming that you are being victimised because someone comments on your religion (whether of a pure heart or not) suggests something untoward- whether you are hindu, muslim or christian.

As for those who you say insult mohammed, why focus on them? The focus is on terrorism & muslims. If people cannot debate maturedly, then ignore them at least that's what the Bible says '[color=#990000]do not answer a fool according to his folly
'

[
[Enugu, the concept of turning the other cheek, is not in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. However, muslims are given the encouragement and commanding advise to not over step the bound of revenge and not to start a conflict. We know from the Qur'an that God says that Oppression is worse than Killing. On the other hand, from the bible, you are commanded to turn the other cheek. Please tell me here and now, have you ever seen any individual, group or society or country mong the christians that has turned the other cheek? Please let me know, from all the recorded history of christian nations or groups or individuals. 

Again, you have revealed the foundation of your religion which differs so much from our way of life. If the concept of turning the other cheek is not in the quran or sunnah then that explains things. I have seen individuals, groups and societies that have turned the other cheek- one example remains the christians in China; persecuted on a daily basis- you probably never hear of it because[b] they don't fight back[/b]!  Suffice it to say that those who hear the word of the Lord and obey it will turn the other cheek

[Unfortunately, the reverse is always the case. You will see the christians practicing preemptive strike, or instigating conflicts among people. Inshort, they are always itching for a fight. I guess all the preaching of Jesus (AS), fell on deaf ears! You ask any unbiased historian, under the rulership of Muslims, you found the renaissance of Europe's Jews and christians. They became enlightened and men and women of scholarship and it was this period that laid the foundation of today's Europe and indeed America's advancement.

undecided I'm not quite sure what reverse is the case and which christians are always itching for a fight and what fight they are itching for. Neither am I sure what Europe's renaissance has to do with terrorism being a muslim problem- which I believe is the issue facing us today

It was the openess of the Muslims that the palestinians practiced in palestine that made it possible for the Jews to even lhave a noticeable presence o that land, before 1850. Then the Zionist movement began with the help of the Crusaders' offspring in Europe, specifically in England. Well, you know the rest of the story. Enugu, even though i am a Nigerian, how will you like it even if i were to spent a trillion USD in Igboland, that i displace the indigenous Enugu people, for example your family? If the shoe is on the other foot, the story is always different. think about it, my sister. Think about it before you answer

@Olabowale,
It was also the openess of the Africans that caused the trans-saharan/atlantic slave-trade and the consequent colonisation by the various European countries. We fought for our independence (and usually bloodless) I might add. If an indigenous people are displaced, by all means, they should fight for their land but in so doing target their oppressors and not innocent people who were in  the twin towers or the London underground.

What if those of us who suffered loses decide to fight back? People who suffered the loss of family and friends decide to go around bombing all the mosques and madrassas in the UK? Do you know how many muslims will suffer and if they decide to fight back, the kind of large-scale conflict that will arise?

Think, Olabowale before replying.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 14, 2006
belloti:

Babyosisi, i can understand why you hit so much on the issue of sex and polygamy. you are only exhibiting the weaker side of yourself. you may probably be wondering why there are so much western muslim women who see our holy prophet as their hero. They don't share your weak and spitefull excesses.

That was the main message of Mohammed,sex was his message,his actions and his promises for jannat AKA Islamic paradise.
I highlight it only to show he was no prophet.
I have never attacked you personally,I'll like to keep it that way.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2006
@Enugu: Thank you for reminding me to think. This is a good quality. In Islam, the books talk about thinking, reflecting, pondering, etc. Please apply the same thing to your dialogue  dynamics, as we go along.

In the Qur'an's Chapter known as Criterion, Allah says that when you are in the company of those who make idle/bad speech about your religion, say peace and depart from their company. This is the reason that I have avoided some of the men. Of course, sometimes, it is with great restraint.

In China you also have a good size of its people that are Muslims. The muslims and the Christians are others are minorities, however weilding no substantial influence based on political and numerical head count disadvantages. Your analysis of the docile China Christian is not applicable at all. However, in the west where Christians are dominant, at least those who claimed it by their word of mouth, tend to be not the ones that will pracice turning the other Cheek. You know that is a rediculous proposition.

I will buttress my argument by the you are either with us or with the terrorist roar. Why can not you be neither and try to be a peace maker? It was this armstringing that dragged Pakistan to take side, fearing that it will be bombed to pre Pakistan period. Sometimes on this board, you will read some of the Christian peace loving intelligentia saying that they will launch the Tomahawk.

They even forget that the word Tomahawk is very offensive to the natives, who were almost killed to extinction when the religious and holy men of Christian arrived on the shore of America. They killed the food source and this people. They did not even discriminate against the  animals, the Buffaloes.

The Christians communities and government carrying the water pot for the Zionist, are today creating crisis within the Islamic world. The destruction of the worldtrade centere was a trgic thing. The Muslims who participated in it can not justify their action and no one can justify it by the Qura'an or Sunnah.
When Islam ruled Europe from Andallusia, it heralded the renaissance of the Europeans. The age of enlightenment came to Europe where in it Jews and Christians occupied important positions. Then of course, King Ferdnand and Queen Isabella began their infamous Spanish Inquisitions. Muslims and jews were sacked, killed or forcefully converted. I do business with a woman in madrid whose name is Mrs Medina. I asked if she or anyone from her family is muslim. Her answer is that it was in the generation that was in the time of Islam! We must no forget the Jewish Pogrom and Crystalnoit in Europe. The Crusade against islam was before that.

And of recent generations, France almost singlehandedly destroyed Algeria because the Algerians wanted independence. Today, the west mostly Christians are imposing a concept which they taged "Democracy" on the Muslims They chose where they want democracy and when it does not sooth its agenda get upse like little children. If you are sincere about democracy, then put your house in order first, then go to your friends and help them to put their house in order. Let us start with the like of Egypt's Hussaine Mubarak, and the rest of the gylf nations.

Freedom is a God given value. With or without the Christian west, people all over the world yearns for it. But do not impose your brand of freedom on me, especially in it you have all kinds of societal ills. If you love me and want me to suceed, give me wha is good and wholesome, not what may be a way of temptation for my heart. Fighting temptation is a struggle and many people fail very easily at it.

Their was a movie in the day called Lawrence of Arabia. This lawrence was a British agent. Britain used him and his officers to divide the Arab Muslims against their Kalifah, the Turks. The arabs insincerity and their lukewarm commitment to islam made them follow the way of the devil whereeby they fought their own muslim brothers.  The unfortunate thing today, is that from the rank of the Muslims, The Kings and Presidents and rulers, and the Scholars and others you have hypocrites who look the other way or they instigate the oppression of their own Brothers and Sisters in their own land or outside of it. You find the ones who are preaching and feeding the communities lies and poisons, because they do have the attention of these people who are islamicall ignorant and very frustrated as well because of the worldwide situations of the Ummah. You have some who have this warped political view and ubfortunately begin to use islam towrap it. However we in islam know this, it is alway opposite to the teaching that you will find in Qur'an and hadith under a given condition.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2006
@Babyosisi: What happened to m4-Malik and Orikinla? I hope that they are alright. I ask Allah the Almighty to protect them where ever they may be. Amiin.

When are you getting married? You talk to much about sex. Then you jump up and down on my neck. Glory belong to Allah alone. He provides my brother Belloti to calmly discuss the issues with you. See the diffenece between he and the crew you used to hang with. It goes to show that if you lay down with dogs, you will catch fleas The Yorubas say that the lamb that keeps the company of dogs will feed on feaces. You need to change company. Crossover> Thats not a difficult thing to do. Afterall, that will free you from dependences on a mere mortal like you and connect you directly, without obstruction to your God, Chineke. I use Chineke to get to your emotion.

Even though I wrote you to uour email, you have failed to acknowledge it it. is this the way friendship is nourished? Common on.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2006
Olabowole what do you mean by jumping up and down your neck?abeg O
smiley smiley smiley
About my marriage etc,my dear I decided that I will not discuss any more personal issues about me,sorry.
I also hope 4malik is fine,I loved his postings and I miss him.
Orikinla is a funny guy,I love him too,he's active in other threads,he recently responded to me on a politics thread which he started.

Thanks for caring,I still pray for you regularly and I know God will continue to keep you safe until you come to the saving knowledge of Christ.
You have many admirable qualites,I pray God will bless and protect you and especially that Christ may reveal Himself to you in a personal way.

Make sure to keep warm in NY,and take good care of my sister.

Bellotti was a firecracker when I first read his postings,he's calmed down quite a bit.
I'm sorry for not replying your email,I received it,however,I made it a point not to respond to any emails from any males on nairaland.
Nothing against you at all,just would like to not get personal with anyone for my own sake(I'm not saying your email had any hidden agenda),I'm sure you understand what I mean.
Take care Olabowale.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2006
@Babyosisi: So how do you make friends then? I hope that you do not think that only meadocracy is found on Nairaland. My objective is to continue to agitate and provide avenue for soul searching, if Allah wills it. The Yorubas say that it is from mankind that you find benefit. However, we must not forget that altimate goodness is a benefit from God the Almighty Allah.

We all hope in God and this is the reason we are ministering one another. We muslims make da'wah for the pleasure of Allah in the way of His last link in the chain of Prophets, Muhammad ibn Abdullah (AS). Join our party and be benefitted. Bringyour future husband along. You will be even be sweeter for him, like a sweet nectar of an exotic flower. The concept of Boyfriend/Girlfriend is childish and devoid of any lasting tangible value. I often ask myself, those who claim to follow Jesus ignorantly or intentionally ignore his not ever having sexual relation? They engage in illicit sex thinking they can blindly believe in his death on the cross and still carry on all kind of filth! This sexual illicitness is one of my biggest beef with Orikinla. In all human decency, it is evil. You do not have to be religious to know that it is evil. Then when you do it and claim that you are religious it clear indicate hypocracy. No one will want his or her family to be stigmatized as the door mat of the neighborhood, be it male or female.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2006
@Gbade.x/Babyosisi,
In fact, not only is terrorism a muslim problem for the whole world. Islam and it's sex-pervert prophet, Muhammed bin Abdullah, were the products of the one "mistake" of Abraham (you know the story,,,,,agreeing to sleep with Hagar bla, bla, bla). A product of a 'mistake' will always be a mistake, and those who blindly follow a religion of 'mistake' have ultimately become a 'mistake' to the world now how unfortunate!!. The ultimate root of extremism/terrorism, anti-semitism and anti-west tendencies by these 'mistakes' could be traced to the jealousy of Ishmael towards Isaac following his rejection despite being the first child; resulting in him and his mother being cast out by Abraham.(Gen 16, 17 and 21 confirms this). Ishmael was the progenitor of the Arabs and thus of Islam and their fake prophet muhammed; thus Islam is a product of bitterness.If only we could look at the true scriptures, we will have better understanding of what is happening in the world now, and what is to happen
Just look at the world today, or even take a look at this forum on Nairaland; the most incoherent, rabble-rousing, intolerant, name-calling, indolent entity with a 'perverted' paradigm of thinking is in this 'mistake'. No wonder sensible peoples are keeping their safe distance. The decision by the rest of the sensible world to confront these 'mistakes' now is the best because, again, the Bible says' "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you".   You cannot negotiate with satan and those who decide to follow his deity allah to the extreme.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2006
@Olabowale,

Thanks for replying promptly. I've read your post and I have thought and the result of that thought process is this

- anyone and that is anyone who has had an intimate relationship with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, will not kill in His name; will not murder, exterminate, bomb, maim in His name. Those who do so and call themselves 'christians' are not- they are not Christ-like- that is what to be a christian means.

So anytime you bring up historical evidence of 'christian' , I will not argue with that. However, I will argue with the fact that that West you're referring to is not a christian West. If they were, then the UK[b] will not [/b] have made same-sex marriages possible, neither will France identify itself as a secular nation.

Long and short of it is there will always be elements from all religions who are the worst examples of that religion but Christianity is hardly that; it is a way of life. Those who live that way, live the Lord's way.

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem?, Unfortunately, in this day and age, yes. Like the English say, 'Two wrongs cannot make a right'. Bombing innocent people will not justify anyone- be they hindu or buddist. When people kill others and proclaim that god is great while they're doing it, it makes you wonder

I know you have a lot of historical facts to back your reasons for present-day muslim actions but Olabowale, peace (islam) is not war. Muslims will have to decide if they want to reflect their religion which means 'peace' or whether they will spend the time justifying their actions and pointing fingers at the 'christian' West.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 12:16am On Nov 16, 2006
@Enugu:As I have stated earlier, people like you are a breath of fresh air. This quality is a rarity among the elites of Christianity of nairaland. Just take a quick glance and you will read what the leadership is upto. It amount to ranting and rage. It is all for nothing.

If you read the Qur'an and the explanations provided in authentic Sunnah and the history of Muhammad (AS) and his followers and the 2 generations of the muslims which followed, you will find the finest in Human kindness and best quality of human behaviour. I will not point a finger of blame to the christian west for the woes in the rank of the muslims, the world over. Rather, I willblame the hypocrites among the muslims who are using Islam to further their own personal agenda, or allow themselves to be used by the enemies of Islam to undermine the strenght and unity of the Muslims.

These muslims are at least ignorantly in the ranks of the enemies of Islam. If only temporary, they have allowed people to look at islam from the wrong prism. Islam governs all aspects of the Muslims' lives. Politics is no exception. Unfortunately, the ignorants are using this inseparation between religion and politics in an unIslamic way. They are lashing out, waging illegal war and even killing other muslims! Allah commands muslims to be rational and do not transgress the right of anyone. He commands also, that muslims must be practical and never be immotional and kind and merciful, always. It is abomination for a muslim to kill any muslim, or people unjustiably. Wars are never fought by choice and by pockets of people or group. Even muslim engage in fight, there are rules of engagements. Muslims the world over are support to fight as one body. In other words, the total 1.5 Billion muslims are to fight, all together. This is not the case here and now. What you have then is illegal protocol of war and it is wrong. The muslims need to have a unification under a Khalifah and then begin to correct their own evil deeds. If these two can come to place, then what you will see is the good neighborliness of the Muslims.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2006
Hmmm. . . . .one thing worthy of note. It's the fact that other muslims, those who 'seemingly' condemn the killings and bombings and all don't do jack to educate their other brothers who are supposedly ignorant and in the face of this bombings are usually passive to condemn them. After all, if u see ur brother acting in error, isn't it not ur responsibility to correct that same brother?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2006
@gbade.x: Muslims do plenty of inhouse condemnations. In all the masajid that I have ever been, they talk about this ill. You have CAIR and other USA based organisations involved in this effort, too. Further www.readmirror.com will also guide you. www.harunyahya.com has a book written on terrorism,etc. You can also go to www.answering-christianity.com for additional research.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2006
Christ is the answer.
see this secular site for an eye opener by a former Muslim(yet to be a Christian)
www.faithfreedom.org

http://www.news.faithfreedom.org/
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Babyosisi: Sometimes, I am tempted to call you aburo. Its a term of endearment for. But of course, I do not know where you stand in matter of friendship. You will provide website and when i visit it, i always find this vague references. This is is always the case, when your site quotes name(s) of 'former Muslims'. its alway in aremote and never a name is shown. I have a woman in your Geogia location, specifically Atlanta. Her father was the former Balogun of Ijebuland, Alhaji AbdalGhanyy Olatunji ABu Bakr. Her big brother is my friend. She was actually firting with me at one time. Neither me nor her family members who are still muslims have put any undue pressure on her to revert back to Islam which she left, while her father was alive. You see, to say that it is the norm for muslim to force anyone to accept islam is a falacy. So why are these people hiding their faces or identity. Islam is save and muslims are very satisfied. Rhere is a saying of thank that muslims say all the time: I am grateful to God Who has given me Islam as a way of life.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2006
[table]

olabowale:

@Enugu:As I have stated earlier, people like you are a breath of fresh air. This quality is a rarity among the elites of Christianity of nairaland. Just take a quick glance and you will read what the leadership is upto. It amount to ranting and rage. It is all for nothing.

If you read the Qur'an and the explanations provided in authentic Sunnah and the history of Muhammad (AS) and his followers and the 2 generations of the muslims which followed, you will find the finest in Human kindness and best quality of human behaviour. I will not point a finger of blame to the christian west for the woes in the rank of the muslims, the world over. Rather, I willblame the hypocrites among the muslims who are using Islam to further their own personal agenda, or allow themselves to be used by the enemies of Islam to undermine the strenght and unity of the Muslims.

These muslims are at least ignorantly in the ranks of the enemies of Islam. If only temporary, they have allowed people to look at islam from the wrong prism. Islam governs all aspects of the Muslims' lives. Politics is no exception. Unfortunately, the ignorants are using this inseparation between religion and politics in an unIslamic way. They are lashing out, waging illegal war and even killing other muslims! Allah commands muslims to be rational and do not transgress the right of anyone. He commands also, that muslims must be practical and never be immotional and kind and merciful, always. It is abomination for a muslim to kill any muslim, or people unjustiably. Wars are never fought by choice and by pockets of people or group. Even muslim engage in fight, there are rules of engagements. Muslims the world over are support to fight as one body. In other words, the total 1.5 Billion muslims are to fight, all together. This is not the case here and now. What you have then is illegal protocol of war and it is wrong. The muslims need to have a unification under a Khalifah and then begin to correct their own evil deeds. If these two can come to place, then what you will see is the good neighborliness of the Muslims.
[/table]

@Olabowale,
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you admitted that there are muslims out there who are committing evil in the name of their religion. I also appreciate your succint and straightforward post.

Whether or not the recommendations you made about them 'correcting their own evil deeds' will come to pass remains to be seen.

Let God be true and every man a liar. Jesus is The way, The truth and The life and until every knee bows and every tongue confesses, may we continue to 'occupy' till He comes.

Cheers!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 17, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Sometimes, I am tempted to call you aburo. Its a term of endearment for. But of course, I do not know where you stand in matter of friendship. You will provide website and when i visit it, i always find this vague references. This is is always the case, when your site quotes name(s) of 'former Muslims'. its alway in aremote and never a name is shown. I have a woman in your Geogia location, specifically Atlanta. Her father was the former Balogun of Ijebuland, Alhaji AbdalGhanyy Olatunji ABu Bakr. Her big brother is my friend. She was actually firting with me at one time. Neither me nor her family members who are still muslims have put any undue pressure on her to revert back to Islam which she left, while her father was alive. You see, to say that it is the norm for muslim to force anyone to accept islam is a falacy. So why are these people hiding their faces or identity. Islam is save and muslims are very satisfied. Rhere is a saying of thank that muslims say all the time: I am grateful to God Who has given me Islam as a way of life.

Olabowole,do you want me to post things about Muslim countries killing apostates as stated in the koran to show you why people must hide their identity from your brethren especially in Muslim countries when they embrace Christ.
You are an intelligent man,I don't want you sounding ignorant.

By the way,who tells you I'm in Georgia?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
@Babyosisi: I was watching Creflo Dollar this morning. He has his hair conked like "Raisin Head". Ha! See? He was talking about Marriage and family. He then quoted Ephesian Chapter 5, verse 20something, which commands women to summit to their husbands as they summit to the lord. Please educate me about this special verse, which really elevate women. I am sure you will have a lecture up your sleeve to convince me. I will not response to your Atlanta, Georgia issue. You are my sister, just like everyone on this site is my relative. Even though we may have our differences and never be friendly.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: I was watching Creflo Dollar this morning. He has his hair conked like "Raisin Head". Ha! See? He was talking about Marriage and family. He then quoted Ephesian Chapter 5, verse 20something, which commands women to summit to their husbands as they summit to the lord. Please educate me about this special verse, which really elevate women. I am sure you will have a lecture up your sleeve to convince me. I will not response to your Atlanta, Georgia issue. You are my sister, just like everyone on this site is my relative. Even though we may have our differences and never be friendly.

To God be the glory.
Let me post a little from that passage of scriptures.

[b]Eph 5:21   Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Eph 5:22   Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.

Eph 5:23   For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Eph 5:24   Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Eph 5:25   Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Eph 5:26   to make her holy, cleansing* her by the washing with water through the word,

Eph 5:27   and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Eph 5:28   In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Eph 5:29   After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church–

Eph 5:30   for we are members of his body.

Eph 5:31   “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”*

Eph 5:32   This is a profound mystery–but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Eph 5:33   However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

[/b]

Olabowole you have made my day.
This is one of my favorite areas in the scriptures.
Our God is a God of orderliness.
As the Son is in submission to the will of the Father ,He expects order in our affairs as his children.

The Bible always compares the relationship between a man and his wife to the relationship between Christ and and the Church.
Every Bible believing Christian believes (as the Bible says) that the husband is the head of the home,God has made it that way and for orderliness,that's the way it should be.
This principle works well not only in Christian homes but in unbelieving homes too.

The woman is an equal partner in a marriage as she submits with her husband unto the Lord,but God places him as the head of the family,he covers the family,he guides and the Bible says the man should love her as Christ loves the Church,that is a great command that all my brothers must strive daily by His grace to fulfill.
A marriage where the woman understands her role and that of the Godly man that is her husband,will be a suiccessful marriage.

No Christian woman,full of the holy Ghost can argue with these scriptures.
IF any disagrees,I pray that God will grant an understanding.
The key is marrying a Christian man.
A Christian man,will not lead his family the wrong way,will listen and go by Gods leading and it is much easier to follow the leading of a man who is following the leading of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2006
Lastly Olabowole,read this verses of scripture.

Gal 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

Gal 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2006
@dude olabs:

dude, within muslim circles how many do we see condemning bombings and ish like that? Sure, there'd be a few outspoken ones, but my point is most muslims appear passive when condemning this killings.

Back to the topic. Is terrorism a muslim problem? In this time and age? The F it is!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2006
@gbade.x: Dude, Oro di hun, Oro pesi je o. I think you know what I mean. Thats the end.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2006
Babyosisi, i laughed when i read you calling me a firecracker but am glad you seem to agree that i ve calmed down. The fact is that no matter how much we muslims extend our hands of friendship and understanding, you guys always come out with a mindset. We might belong to different faith but our coming together on nairaland is a symbol of our internal harmony. You and very many like you always hit so hard on Islam and muslims. Terrorism and violence is not a sole preserve of muslims, it is infact a sign of an anomaly in the world we live. No one is safe from terrorist not even Bin laden if he is to move around freely. I dont understand why you guys feel the muslims are supporting this evil action that knows no bound.

Lets unite in our quest to solve the debilitating impact of terrorism by understanding the motives and the mechanics but definitely not by condemning Islam.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2006
@Belloti: You speech above, reminds me of the response of Jafar bin Abdullah (RA), I think that was the name of this Companion, who was chosen as the Governor of Yemen. When Prophet (AS) asked him how he would rule/judge the Yemenis, he said in answering by The Book of Allah. Allah's Messenger asked him, what if the solution is not clearly direct from the Book of Allah, (for example, you see very directly that Allah says make Salah. This is direct.)? Jafar says then i will go to the Sunnah. Again, prophet Muhammad (AS) ask if you do not see a direct solution from the sunnah (This may be because of limited knowledge of the totality of the Qur'an and Sunnah. There is no single Muslim that has complete knowledge of both), then what? Jafar answered, I will use my mind (Comprising of the Brain and the Heart, as long as it is withing Islamic Jurispudence. Muhammad (AS) then raised his voice Thinking Allah the Almighty for blessing the Ummah with people who have Independent thinking.

I thank Allah for giving you wisdom. Alhamdulillah. Salaam.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2006
belloti:

The fact is that no matter how much we muslims extend our hands of friendship and understanding, you guys always come out with a mindset. We might belong to different faith but our coming together on nairaland is a symbol of our internal harmony. You and very many like you always hit so hard on Islam and muslims. Terrorism and violence is not a sole preserve of muslims, it is infact a sign of an anomaly in the world we live. No one is safe from terrorist not even Bin laden if he is to move around freely. I don't understand why you guys feel the muslims are supporting this evil action that knows no bound.

@Belloti,
I am not surprised that you "don't understand why you guys feel muslims are supporting this evil action that knows no bound." This again is a speech of political correctness from an Ostrich like 'head-in-the-sand' perspective. Knowing fully well that Islam has a theocratic set-up of followership and leadership from the community level up to Saudi Arabia, how many of your local sheiks, mullahs, ustahs etc have come out to say anything against suicide bombers of 9/11, 7/7 etc; how many demostrations have you seen of muslim 'jammats' condeming the suicide bombers and disscociating islam from it. What we hear from a few is the usual political-correct mantra of 'Islam is peace, we are against terrorism but let's change all foreign policies' to suit the whims and caprices of the islamic world. When Israel, rightly & appropriately, pummeled Lebanon/Hezbollah, we saw people - Christians, even Jews, and of course muslims too - coming on to the streets of London, New York, Berlin etc to cry out aganst Israel. How many such demostrations did you see in the Arab countries or UK or US or in Africa by 'moderate muslims' after 9/11 or after the Madrid bombings? Zilch i.e None
Have you heard of Bridgette Gabriel? She is an American citizen, an Arab Christian of Lebanese origin; read her story of how Lebanese muslims killed and maimed Lebanese christians during the uprisings aginst Israel. Lebanese Christians erroneously believed "we are all Lebanese" fighting against Israel, but were made to understand they are 'kafir' of 'infidels' alike. She was nearly killed as a child in Lebanon by Lebanese muslims who shelled Christian settlements and attack Israel from there knowing that Israel will then attack the christian settlements in retaliation just as Hizbollah did in the last uprising too. But she escaped the indoctrination of hate going on against the Chrisitians, Jews and the Western ideology of freedom, in Islamic nations and even by muslims living inside Western countries. http://americancongressfortruth.com/

Thank God the world has woken up to the various hidden 'triumphantism' ploys: rise of 'home-grown' fundamentalists in Britain, US, Asia Africa who receive sympathy and support from their muslim communities; the plan of muslims to out-breed others in American and Europe (e.g do you know that between Bin Laden and his father Laden senior, they have around 100 children combined grin); an FBI documentary on CNN some time ago revealed how Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda, PLO, and other islamic groups (with funding from Saudi) now collaborate with MS13 (a notorious criminal gang in around 13 American countries) to smuggle their operativres into the US and are establishing cells. It is not about hitting hard on muslims, it is about telling it as it is about Islam: exposing it for what it really is - an ideology or theology of Hate indoctrination!!!. It does not respect freedom, or peace. It is rooted in anti-semitic bitterness. Are you going to call me an "enemy of Islam"? Yes, I AM AN ENEMY OF ISLAM!!!, that is indeed a complement because 'enmity with Islam is indeed friendship with peace, freedom and progress. But am I an enemy of muslims? Capital NO!!!. The unfortunate thing is, many of you so called 'peaceful' muslims are 'timid by choice', passively supporting the extremist and/or outrightly ignorant of the real threat of Islam to the world due to long time indoctrination. Stop trying to be 'politically-correct' and face reality,that is NOT true wisdom; It is simply low-life deception with the aim achieving certain objective--It is predicated on the principle of TAQQIYA in Islam (i.e officially sanctioned deception). We know better!!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2006
*wondering when this thread will end*
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2006
belloti:

Babyosisi, i laughed when i read you calling me a firecracker but am glad you seem to agree that i ve calmed down. The fact is that no matter how much we muslims extend our hands of friendship and understanding, you guys always come out with a mindset. We might belong to different faith but our coming together on nairaland is a symbol of our internal harmony. You and very many like you always hit so hard on Islam and muslims. Terrorism and violence is not a sole preserve of muslims, it is infact a sign of an anomaly in the world we live. No one is safe from terrorist not even Bin laden if he is to move around freely. I don't understand why you guys feel the muslims are supporting this evil action that knows no bound.

Lets unite in our quest to solve the debilitating impact of terrorism by understanding the motives and the mechanics but definitely not by condemning Islam.

At least for once,I made you laugh.
I have nothing,absolutely nothing against Muslims for they are humans just like me.
I love them and wish them well.
My only bone are in the teachings of Islam.

As one person put it,if a muslim goes out and kills infidels in his zeal for his religion and a Christian goes out and kills unbelievers in his zeal for his religion,which of the two would be acting contrary to the teachings of their scriptures?
which of them would be following examples of their most holy leaders?.
Which of them would be condemned by their religion?.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 12:37am On Nov 22, 2006
@Havila: I sent you a respone, yesterday, but unfortunately, to a wrong thread: Why I am not a Christian anymore. Anyway, you need to know that your entry above lacks real substance. You can not suceed, as an enemy of Islam. Infact, if the whole world were to gether up and declare its enemity against this religion, they will indeed fail and in the day of judgement will have their due justice.

Iwill concur with you that you can be an enemy to the Muslims. This is possible that you maysuceed in it, at least in an artificial sense. You may hold this view and archieve worldly success. However, the reality of it is that for this artificial reason, you may never enter Islam. I know, today, muslims are viewed with a negative eye, because of many reasons.  However, the justice of consciously rejecting Islam is a certain reality that will definately come in the day of judgement.

From your entries, one may thing that it is the west or the christian nations that invented FREEDOM, etc, and it is just a recent phenomenon! Let say in the last 1000 years. In my entry to you yesterday, I indicated that Constitution and covenants that covers the whole arrays of people, ethnically, religiously, was what Muhammad (AS) established in Madina. That was over 400 years before the generous 1000 years I indicated for your 'people' You need to read about Muhammad and stop the miraged Ostrich head buried in the sand phenomenon. It just ain't so.

Your concept is you versus us ideology. Even the white people who brought Christianity to Africa, are not as this hard. It seems as if your world is different from what the Muslims are part of. The world is accepting Islam daily. Whether you like it or not. Islam will be victorious. If you live long enough, you will witness it with your own eyes and hears the call of prayers , even in your own bloodline, InshaAllah. You speak of semetic as if it is the Jews exclusive property. No, even the Yorubas and Igbos, etc, are ethnic semites. Indeed all Arabs, by bloodline and all muslims by religion are semites.

I am sure you have your view point and loves your religion, do not creat disaster for yourself. You and all mankind can not defeat Islam. Do not let your hatred turn you to a person who closes his eyes from all kind of goodness. God says in the Qur'an that those who are enemies of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad (AS) are enemies of Allah, His Angels and the believers. The Curse of Allah, The Angels, Jinns and humans are upon them and in the day of Judgement they will have a grevious punishments. Havila, you and me have no power over the decision of God. We were born and we will surely die. God will raise us up for Judgement. Look at the Sky. Regardless of how far man can go in space with or the machines, spacecrafts and all, the first heaven will always be unreachable. Yet the seven heavens, layered on top of one another are still part of the world. The hereafter does not begin until after the place of the "Lote Tree."

It has been described to us that the size of the whole universe with all the galaxies, etc to the size of the first heaven, is like the size of a ring from a finger that is dropped in Sahara Desert, looking at the desert from the space, trying to find the ring! Each heaven below the one directly above it is in the same spatial and volume relation as describe between our earth and all the galaxies to the first heaven. You think that the Creator of all of this, is in need of a son and unable to forgive and show mercy, except He has to first punish an innocent man by the hand of those who would meter tremendous punishment on him. Some even believe that this God came down to learn the nature of man. When it is this same Almighty that created and gave them the nature in the first place! You think the heaven created by the Lord of the world should be over and above The Majestic and Most Powerful? It is impossible.

Most people think that the office of the Caliphate will not happen. It will happen. Give it time. For 99 years, the Christians under their several crusades did not allow a single prayer to be made in masjid Aqsa Sherif, in Quds, Palestine. Today, prayers are offered, again. No one can fight God, no one and be victorious. Freedom is not a christian thing, but all humans. You as a christian should encourage your brethrens, the world to all the muslims to practice their religion as it is in Qur'an and Sunnah, the way Muhammad (AS) practiced and led his several 100,000 companions (RA), while he was still alive. There was no prophet that had such a large followers while alive among his people.

@ Babyosisi: If anyone kills any soul without justification, whether the community was strong enough to condemn the act or not, the decision is with Allah, alone. The issue is that it is not acceptable to oppress or kill any whil ethat act is really an act that is unjust, whether you are an entity, a group, a country, an ethnic group, using your wealth, your force of arm or other comparative advantage. Evil is evil. You know it when you see it. You may be weak that you can do anything to change it, even afraid that you can even express your desention, but your heart should hate it.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 22, 2006
This is a great write up and an eyeopener what role Islam would play in the endtimes as the Bible predicts.
So Olabowole we already know all this according to Bible prophecy,Most Christians agree that Islam is that beast the Bible refers to and would slaughter all that would not follow Allah but before then the Church would have been raptured and Christ would prevail in the end.

http://www.injil.de/Main//////Authors/JR/Future/ch14_end_time_martyrdom.htm
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 22, 2006
an except from that article above.

[b]When Muhammad began his career of violence and aggression, his band of Muslim warriors was still very small. Caravans traveling back and forth from Mecca and Damascus became Muhammad’s favorite soft targets. Because the inhabitants of Mecca depended on these caravans for their life they were more than a bit disturbed after several attacks by Muhammad and his gang of marauders. Finally, men from the tribe of Quraysh came from Mecca to attack Muhammad and his men. This battle, which came to be famously known as the Battle of Badr, saw Muhammad and his fledgling army gain a surprise victory over the Quraysh. Among the people who were slain was Abba Hakam.

Aba Hakam was severely wounded but still alive when Abdullah, the servant of Muhammad, ran up, put his foot on Aba Hakam’s neck, got a hold of his beard and started insulting the fatally wounded man whom his own people had named “the father of wisdom.” Abdullah cut off Abba Hakam’s head and carried it to his master. "The head of the enemy of Allah!" exclaimed Muhammad joyously; ---- "Allah! There is no other god but he!" - "Yea There is no other!" responded Abdullah, as he cast the severed head at the Prophet’s feet. "It is more acceptable to me;" cried Muhammad, hardly able to contain his joy, "than the choicest camel in all Arabia.”

[/b]
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 22, 2006
another except from that site.

[b]Once again then, Islam, its practices and teachings, fulfill exactly the description of the forces that will gain power and dominate the world in the biblical end-time scenario. Having seen the murderous nature of the Islamic texts, as well as the proper Islamic interpretation of them, it is important to see the reality of how this mentality plays out in the mind of an ordinary Muslim from the Middle East. Following is a post from an Islamic/interfaith Internet message board. It is the kind of post that is only too common on such forums. We end this chapter with one Muslim’s thoughts regarding the murder of Daniel Pearl, the slain American journalist:

Firstly Pearl is a Jew, a Munafiq, (a hypocrite) a Spy, and a Kaffir (unbeliever). Do not be fooled by these people. Their hatred for Islam can be seen from their mouths and what their heart conceals is much worse. I do not see where the sick part is in slaughtering… In Islam we… can't even torture the kaffir- we just slit their throat, and it’s proven when you pass a special area in the neck, they no longer feel pain, [/color][color=#990000][/color]And remember when we Muslims capture a Muslim munafiq, we do the same to him, we slaughter him. What do you think of a Dirty Jew, Stupid Munafiq, Two-Timing Spy, and a Kaffir? We do the same to him. Walhumdulilah. (Thanks be to Allah) [color=#990000]And Remember the Rasoul (Muhammad) slaughtered a great number of Jews in one battle; the best of creation did this, because the Jews backstabbed Prophet Muhammad. And if you think this is still sick, InshaAllaahi (I hope by the will of Allah) you’re alive when Mahdi is around cause your going to see many Jew/munafiqqin (Jews/hypocrites) heads on the floor.
[/b]
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 22, 2006
Is terrorism an Muslim problem?
read this and tell me.

In 680, the Prophet's favorite grandson, Hussein bin Ali, had his head chopped off in Karbala, central Iraq, by the soldiers of the Caliph Yazid. The severed head was put on a silver platter and sent to Damascus, Yazid's capital, before being sent further to Cairo for inspection by the Governor of Egypt. The Caliph's soldiers also cut off the heads of all of Hussein's 71 male companions, including the one-year-old baby boy Ali-Asghar. 10

Thus the pattern had been established and now the principal that Muhammad had modeled now came back and touched his own family. Eventually stories of beheading came to fill Islam’s history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / The Procedure Of How Muslims Use The Toilet (simply Hilarious) / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.