Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship (35339 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / The 10 Mistakes Nigerian Men Must Not Do When In Relationship With Their Woman / Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In Bed That Irritate Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Godson201333(m): 2:25am On Feb 11, 2015
iceberylin:
How can i make her a queen undecided
My papa no be king

Lol and must your papa be long before you can make he a queen?? Some guys self
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 11, 2015
MzNelly:
undecided They'll never learn made

Nigerian men, unromantic since ........
as ur face ugly lyk who kil her ex 7yrs ago.who go show dat face a romance?
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by micrep3030(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2015
They will take advance of u joor
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Bro, I'm inclined to agree with you. But how do you propose to deal with relationship without falling in love?
Nnam, I am not saying that love should be completely out of the game, All I am saying is, plant the seed of friendship first, nurture it and observe what it will turn into. Falling inlove is disastrous, growing inlove is better............

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by ihedinobi2: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
Nnam, I am not saying that love should be completely out of the game, All I am saying is, plant the seed of friendship first, nurture it and observe what it will turn into. Falling inlove is disastrous, growing inlove is better............
Nwanne, I di on point. Mana my experience has been that I fall in love with my friends. And even then love has hurt. It may be gradual but love is always like that. It is only physical attraction that occurs in that bolt-of-lightning manner that almost always leaves everyone wondering what changed when relationship gets underway. But love takes its time and when it gets there it can be so strong that when it is hurt you'll wish it never happened in the first place.

I don't think we can avoid falling in love. I don't think we can ever eliminate the risk that love comes with. But we can all avoid following our hormones. I've been doing that for so long now that I don't think it's arguable.
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Adikam:
as ur face ugly lyk who kil her ex 7yrs ago.who go show dat face a romance?

Lol
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Nwanne, I di on point. Mana my experience has been that I fall in love with my friends. And even then love has hurt. It may be gradual but love is always like that. It is only physical attraction that occurs in that bolt-of-lightning manner that almost always leaves everyone wondering what changed when relationship gets underway. But love takes its time and when it gets there it can be so strong that when it is hurt you'll wish it never happened in the first place.

I don't think we can avoid falling in love. I don't think we can ever eliminate the risk that love comes with. But we can all avoid following our hormones. I've been doing that for so long now that I don't think it's arguable.
True that, Most of us have "fallen" in love at one time, only to be treated badly by that person, the reason is because we fell in love............ We didn't take out time to study them............ We didn't know them, we followed our hormones like you said.

Love for me is not something to fall for. It is something that grows between two people. Plus it takes time and a lot of trust. Falling in love sounds accidental and I hate accidents. My ex for instance stuck her foot out, I tripped, feel in a hole and broke my neckgrincheesycheesycheesy. Ahh bro, I ain't falling like that again.

How would one know if the attraction is genuine? How would one know if the person is honest? How would you know if you can trust the person? How about compatibility issues? All these relationship problems are avoidable if we grow in love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
True that, Most of us have "fallen" in love at one time, only to be treated badly by that person, the reason is because we fell in love............ We didn't take out time to study them............ We didn't know them, we followed our hormones like you said.

Love for me is not something to fall for. It is something that grows between two people. Plus it takes time and a lot of trust. Falling in love sounds accidental and I hate accidents. My ex for instance stuck her foot out, I tripped, feel in a hole and broke my neckgrincheesycheesycheesy. Ahh bro, I ain't falling like that again.

How would one know if the attraction is genuine? How would one know if the person is honest? How would you know if you can trust the person? How about compatibility issues? All these relationship problems are avoidable if we grow in love.

I Swaaaarr Bro, you too afrid. Pirrriiiiodd.

U and ihedinobi2, u too serios!!!!!

I don gerrit bro. You two base in Ghana?
No oifensee pls
angry angry
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

No oifensee pls
angry angry
That face no fit you walahi.
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by ihedinobi2: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2015
Tallesty1:

We are actually saying the same thing. The last time I fell in love I remember that the feelings were slow-burning. It took its time. I questioned so many things and wondered a lot before giving myself over to it. It was a conscious decision I made based on what I learned in two months of friendship with someone.

My point is that, yes, love should and does grow, but it has a critical mass. When it hits it, my brother, what you thought hormones could do would be so impoverished and kwashiokored in comparison that you'd wish you could go back to "falling in love" if it went wrong.

Believe me, when it grows it is by far more powerful than you can imagine. Chasing a woman because she's attractive and since you met her you can't stop thinking about her feels like love. And it can hurt like a dog. But when she's your friend, believe me, if it hurts it kills.
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by ihedinobi2: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

No oifensee pls
angry angry
Too serious, huh smiley Is Ghana where the serious people live?
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Akuneshiobike(m): 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not encouraging it. I'm juss saying you as a guy want a lady with BIG assets, she wants a man with a BIG wallet.

Its a circle. You guys bring it on yourselves.
This MzNelly just full everywhere...Any person looking for this Bae and did not see her in her house should quickly check her on NL, you certainly must see her. grin
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
Akuneshiobike:
This MzNelly just full everywhere...Any person looking for this Bae and did not see her in her house should quickly check her on NL, you certainly must see her. grin

grin grin
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by klark3: 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
Me-thinks the NO1 mistake we make in relationship is falling in love
God bless u...
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 21, 2015
ilotriouzAY:
1. You Don’t Fight For Her.

No matter how much you love each other, disagreements are an inevitable part of being in a relationship. Men often make the mistake of fighting against their partner rather than fighting for her. A man who fights for his partner makes her feel safe and cared for.

2. You Never Took Time To Study Her.

Though men are often all-too-aware that the women they’re in relationships with are complex, they often make the mistake of relying on surface knowledge in the way they relate to their partner without really understanding her.

3. You Ain’t Trustworthy.

Nothing destroys a relationship more quickly or more thoroughly than doing something that breaks down your partner’s trust in you. Nothing cultivates a relationship more than being dependable.

4. You Never Made Her A Queen.

Many relationships suffer when the woman begins to feel either unimportant or less important than something else. The best relationships are often cultivated most by the value a man places on the woman he loves.

5. Your Didn’t Take Her To Different Places.

Relationships can grow stale when dating becomes routine by doing the same things over and over. Studies have shown that couples who spend their time trying out new activities are generally healthier.

What do u think??
....hmmmmmm....good talk cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
In d many centuries I've lived on earth(10 precisely),I've come 2 realize of a fact that men really are simple beings...All they need from their woman is love,faithfulness,appreciation & a firm knowledge that their woman has trust nd faith in them..With these,everything else falls in place..Ladies,if yhu can do these,added with a good dose of caring,then yhu got a man 4 lyf..If ever he strays,he'd come bk nd be truly remorse 4 it..He'd go to the moon nd back to see that u're well nd good...
I might just be telling my own love story here,anyway,buh it's simply wah I've come 2 know..

#Phioosopher Quëën#
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Chizzled06(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:
In d many centuries I've lived on earth(10 precisely),I've come 2 realize of a fact that men really are simple beings...All they need from their woman is love,faithfulness,appreciation & a firm knowledge that their woman has trust nd faith in them..With these,everything else falls in place..Ladies,if yhu can do these,added with a good dose of caring,then yhu got a man 4 lyf..If ever he strays,he'd come bk nd be truly remorse 4 it..He'd go to the moon nd back to see that u're well nd good...
I might just be telling my own love story here,anyway,buh it's simply wah I've come 2 know..

#Phioosopher Quëën#

Lol. Nice love story. Cheating man, loyal girl. Same old
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Lol. Nice love story. Cheating man, loyal girl. Same old
No,skeptic...it's not d same old story.
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Chizzled06(m): 12:30am On Oct 01, 2015
Oliviaarims:

No,skeptic...it's not d same old story.

Lol. What makes yours different?
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2015
Chizzled06:

Lol. What makes yours different?
A lot ov things I don't care about telling yhu...
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Chizzled06(m): 1:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Oliviaarims:

A lot ov things I don't care about telling yhu...

Fair enough. Goodluck with him!
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 01, 2015
jnrprof:
Too many woman wrappers in this world!Na dem dey make women feel like sey na dem control the world *scoffs*. Women will always have an endless list. No matter how wonderful the man is, they will still want something extra (Oliver Twists), whereas you hardly see lists of what guys want. Guys are very simple and go with the flow, women are just too frigging complicated!

They are not all so complicated... there are many loving ones out there who wantu be as good,faithful nd understandable as possible...
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 01, 2015
ePUNK:
if we keep trying to adopt all the attributes and in some cases fantasies of western society. we may end-up like them

higher divorce rates
society that deflates a man's natural ego

please go and find out why we have alot of expatriates marrying Nigerian women
Why are expatriates marrying Nigerian women?
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 01, 2015
Akalia:
If not for bearing children and sexual gratification, women are dispensable, cos at the end of the day, they bring more burdens on men.

No,they are not dispensable...Men can't do without women,likewise women can't do without men....Both are ultimately necessary,no matter how much ov a headache each may seem to be.

#Philosopher Quëën#

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Akalia(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Oliviaarims:

No,they are not dispensable...Men can't do without women,likewise women can't do without men....Both are ultimately necessary,no matter how much ov a headache each may seem to be.
hola

#Philosopher Quëën#
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Akalia(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Oliviaarims:

#Philosopher Quëën#
hola beautiful
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2015
Akalia:
hola beautiful
Hi..
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Akalia(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Hi..
is there any means of reaching u besides here? like mobile number or any of the instant messangers if u don't mind?
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Redlabel: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2015
MzNelly:
undecided They'll never learn jare

Nigerian men, unromantic since ........
Is been romantic made for Nigerian men only? are the ladies romantic? You expect the men to do everything for you when you dont reciprocate
Re: 5 Major Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
True talk jere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This? / Former Gay Man Goes On Twitter To Search For Girlfriend / Lady Calls Out Her Married Boss For Trying To Date Her, Boss Declares Her Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.