Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

My People, Buhari Is Tired. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My People, Buhari Is Tired. (1049 Views)

6 People Buhari Will Never Go Against / People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi / Growing List Of People Buhari Jailed/killed In His "Anti Corruption Crusades" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
Clearness of thought, that’s tonic for good governance. The growing intricacy of Nigeria’s polity demands it. How clear is Buhari even on simple issues? The man next to him is Yemi Osinbajo, he called him Osindobu, according to reports. Imo State, he called Ibo State. These things may not look serious at face value, but they are.

If Buhari does not know the name of the man next to him, it gets clear that the man was shipped to him. He doesn’t know him, just trying to with so much difficulty. Now, how would you run a government with a man you don’t know? If the name is so difficult, think of the character? He wants to become president with a character he does not know and not used to. What’s the implication? By the time he discovers that the man isn’t quite what he thought, we have a problem. We haven’t forgotten that both come from devout extremes: devout Muslim and devout Christian. At least, for the sake of public appearance, he should have dutifully rehearsed the name, but is the memory playing along? Imo State became Ibo State, he had forgotten too; the only thing his memory stored is Ibo. All these other names – Abia, Anambra, Enugu, etc – became instant burden: his memory couldn’t carry them, they have become categorized to reduce load and, hence, omit details. But in details lies wisdom. Take it further. When you call a people BLACK, you have reduced the load of details to help manage information, but that reduction makes you see every black person as the same and treat them as such. There is the problem. They’re individuals or groups with interests so diverging that colour becomes insignificant. Yet, they have been categorized as black and the same treatment served. That’s what’s going to happen to the Ibo states in Buhari’s mind because they have become the same: Abia, Enugu, Imo, etc have become one in Buhari’s memory. Their different interests, dispositions have vanished. The same goes for other categorized ethnics. The lucky ones may be the Yoruba since Yemi is around to constantly remind him that there’s Osun, Oyo, etc. If he can’t remember names so close, how can he remember infrastructure, budget, agitations, education, so far?

Interpretation: people will run his government from behind. I laughed when Tinubu said he gave up his presidential ambition to let Buhari through. Smart guy. But that’s not true. There was this pursuit of Gaddafi from power four years ago. Obama led the coalition from behind. That was the first time LFB- LEADERSHIP FROM BEHIND was introduced. France and Britain to the fore, America to the rear and Gaddafi gone. The real president will be behind Buhari. They’ve calculated and summed him up. He can’t remember many things, they have to fill the space and a large one indeed. That’s the smart thing: to play the president-role without being elected. Invariably, that ambition isn’t given up, it’s merely repositioned. Add these to the reports that the man slumped on two occasions, then you have a leader that can’t remember and can’t withstand.

My worry is that the North is rejoicing now with their ‘Sai Buhari’ without seeing the danger. I quickly recall Obasanjo placing a call to Yar’Adua on his hospital bed in Germany in 2007 with something like, ‘Umaru, they said you’re dead oh, speak, let them hear.’ Umaru spoke, the drama went on. Umaru won, because the powers-that-be wanted it. Umaru came to power and Umaru died. Then the rejoicing North called it a grand design to marginalize their power quest. Obasanjo was tagged the brain behind their ordeal. Now enter round 2. The nation personally wishes Buhari well but I must be frank, a northern mistake is in the offing. If this man is ailing, let him be and use him another way. What’s at stake is too large a risk for him and for his people. If anything should happen to him, God forbid, the constitution will take its full course and the North, not anyone else, will be the grand designer.

Jonathan may be slow and compromising, but he knows where he’s going. A nation needs that. It could be he has taken time to do his tutorials these four years, it makes sense to let him showcase it. People have variously attested to Buhari’s integrity. I have no cause to doubt it, certificate or not. But one thing clearer than his integrity is his CONVEYOR BELT aura. Candidates come as cartons on Buhari’s belt, they’re delivered into positions and the belt returns to court or now, parallel government. To many, Buhari is a dependable delivery mechanism and that’s another tenable interpretation of ‘Sai Buhari’. But it’s not about ‘Sai’, it’s about survival.

4 Likes

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Fayose's advert may be in bad taste but it clearly foresees the perilous times ahead if Buhari is voted into power. Do we want another Cabal saga, where Aisha Buhari and Tinubu will turn this country to their personal kitchen and garage??

Say no to APC
Say no to Buhari

5 Likes

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by kent79: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hmm.....
Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by enoqueen: 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
una don start again.

anyways, its still GMB 2015.

4 Likes

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
He doesn't Osinbajo's name; he called Imo state, Ibo state; He doesn't know the meaning of APC, he calls it All Progressive Confidence; He doesn't the meaning of INEC. . .

Buhari might rename Nigeria to Cameroon very soon

Are we sure Buhari can recite the National anthem and pledge?

Say no to senility in leadership

Avoid APC

5 Likes

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Dbboy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
eye4eye:
[s][/s]

Nonsense from a demented fool. Let put your father to stand beside Buhari and let's see who is more tired and ugly between them.

why the name calling i guess you weren't able to comprehend what the write up is all about frustrated youth that blame the govt about even his skin colour. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by okpamson15(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
Is not just all abt ranting, all these while they have being puting fear on me by their too many like on this forum, when i see the coment and the like they get my body the sheva. Now my oga ontop have close their mouth. Pls click like abeg let them know that we are back again
Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Dbboy:

why the name calling i guess you weren't able to comprehend what the write up is all about frustrated youth that blame the govt about even his skin colour. grin grin grin

He knows he's an idiott.

1 Like

Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by Olivialight(f): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
And when I say am so much fed up with the government of all these old men we read about almost from birth, since this nations independence these set of people have been ruling and I can't say they have done much and even with the one's they did,the country isn't just for them,d government should be open for fresh faces..do they have to keep contesting every and all times.soon their kids will start showing up for their own piece of the national cake like is their birth right.I FOR ONE AM SO DAMN TIRED OF THE WHOLE GMB and HIS subtle FELLOW..
Re: My People, Buhari Is Tired. by MalcoImX: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
No cause for alarm. In the North, both Christians and Muslims believe that wealth, power and health are given by God and he also takes it if he so wills. If he gives and takes nobody can do anything. So, no one is pertubed.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Hands Over. Another ICT Center To The Nigerian Police. PICS... / Even If Jonathan Heads To Sambisa With A Rifle .....-koboko69 / “jonathan Was Never Ready To Fight Boko Haram, We Decided Unilaterally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.