Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,733 members, 7,959,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. (14537 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / Plan Your Baby’s Natural Birth / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
Creamish:

Shows his level of maturity... others would rather hurl out insults on womenfolk than reason constructively. smiley
Yes. There is so much love to be had between the sexes, but it seems whenever women wish to self-govern their own issues, it is often (mis)interpreted as an affront to men/culture/traditions. Sigh. We come in peace. Really, we do. Well, most of us do.

2 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by 50calibre(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

@ bolded So, you're just out to give women a hard time then? Naughty. Boy. grin

Labour is never ever peasy, what Disney Channel show have you been studying? We who do not know should embrace our place as spectators until experience tells us otherwise.

Lol, Creamish, he gon' learn today! grin

Lol grin

You guys know your thing.

2 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by soulglo: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
mutter:
I can understand that most women are scared. Most women now shy away from a natural birth because of the pain and there is no point trying to convince anyone otherwise.
If you cannot approach a birth as a natural process you are bound to stiffen up and have so much pain.

I had all my children natural and I never had to scream or yell and throw myself around, like you see in the movies and films cheesy

Another advantage of a natural birth is that your movement is not restricted. I like walking around, squatting or even entering a bath tub.

I think that most women are scared by what the hear and see and that frightens them. You need to inform yourself more about natural births. In some countries it is an occasion and the whole family is in attendance for a home birth.

I don't think it is a matter of being scared. It's more of the logical approach. Why should I feel pain when I do not have to? I don't understand why the pain part has to be experienced? What does it add to anything. Does it ensure that the child is healthier? Does it make the woman stay sexy forever? I mean what is so important about the pain? Also most women feel the pain before epidural. For many they have already labored for a while before they get it. No one wants to give you epidural when you're not at a reasonably progressed stage of labor. So it's not like you get it when you are 5 months pregnant pending when labor kicks in. Labor has already begun and in many cases pushing is near before epidural comes. I just don't understand how the pain of pushing the baby out and feeling your vagina being cut by a scalpel adds anything to my womanhood.

8 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by mutter(f): 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
soulglo:

I don't think it is a matter of being scared. It's more of the logical approach. Why should I feel pain when I do not have to? I don't understand why the pain part has to be experienced? What does it add to anything. Does it ensure that the child is healthier? Does it make the woman stay sexy forever? I mean what is so important about the pain? Also most women feel the pain before epidural. For many they have already labored for a while before they get it. No one wants to give you epidural when you're not at a reasonably progressed stage of labor. So it's not like you get it when you are 5 months pregnant pending when labor kicks in. Labor has already begun and in many cases pushing is near before epidural comes. I just don't understand how the pain of pushing the baby out and feeling your vagina being cut by a scalpel adds anything to my womanhood.

This pain is different from other pain.
It announces the coming of a child.
the first contractions are shorter and not so painful. As the contractions get intense, the stomach tightens up more you get excited because the baby is almost there. There is no pain in between the contractions. Then at the end you can be active pushing the baby out yourself. Feel it passing through , feel the relief when the baby pups out and the pain is gone completely.

Be able to yell at the kids and tell them how you suffered to bring them to the world cheesy
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by KingTom(m): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
Creamish:

#NuffRespect. smiley
smiley smiley
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
This post reminds me of the snobbery that exists among women belonging to the natural hair movement grin. So much judgement!

mutter:
I can understand that most women are scared. Most women now shy away from a natural birth hairstyle because of the pain difficulty and there is no point trying to convince anyone otherwise.
If you cannot approach a birth natural hair as a natural process you are bound to stiffen up and have so much pain despair.

I had all my children hair natural and I never had to scream or yell and throw myself around, like you see in the movies and films cheesy

Another advantage of a natural birth hairstyle is that your movement is not restricted. I like walking around, squatting or even entering a bath tub.

I think that most women are scared by what the hear and see and that frightens them. You need to inform yourself more about natural births hairstyles. In some countries it is an occasion and the whole family is in attendance for a home birth big chop.

Time to go home I think grin

3 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by mutter(f): 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:
This post reminds me of the snobbery that exists among women belonging to the natural hair movement grin. So much judgement!

Time to go home I think grin

I think so too because hairs seem to be growing out of every pore you have. cheesy

Nothing to do with snobbery but being black and proud!
Do no have the urge to look "white".
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by soulglo: 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
mutter:

the first contractions are shorter and not so painful. As the contractions get intense, the stomach tightens up more you get excited because the baby is almost there. There is no pain in between the contractions. Then at the end you can be active pushing the baby out yourself. Feel it passing through , feel the relief when the baby pups out and the pain is gone completely.

Be able to yell at the kids and tell them how you suffered to bring them to the world cheesy

I will confidently yell at my kid if I need to. Even one minute of nausea gives me that right grin

9 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
mutter:

Be able to yell at the kids and tell them how you suffered to bring them to the world
cheesy
[size=13pt] At a point, I was really convinced that there's no biggie if you want to have epidural. What matters is the baby comes out safe and sound and the mother is also fine but after reading the bolded, meehhn! If I were a lady, I'll rather have it the natural way grin

Flytefalls bravo! You've exuded intelligence in this thread. #iMpressed cool[/size]

1 Like

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Ngokafor(f): 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
...following seriously!
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by BreezyRita(f): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
bennyrazz:
lmao @ just preparing grin but really, only lazy women do epidural and it might affect the baby.

lipsrsealed
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by BreezyRita(f): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
mutter:

Whether I suffered or not, the fact that I brought them into the world gives me that right. Don't you think?? Or does one have to suffer before she's qualified to be a mother?

5 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nayah(f): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hi Rokiatu

As far as I m concerned I wish I could have a baby this is not the case for now : I pray God that he makes my dreams come true when I ll decide to be a mother and really hope this would be in a natural way . Now I celebrate sisters who had in vitro birth because of many troubles and I admire them I couldn't think about what they have been through
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nobody: 2:23am On Feb 13, 2015
Nayah:
Hi Rokiatu

As far as I m concerned I wish I could have a baby this is not the case for now : I pray God that he makes my dreams come true when I ll decide to be a mother and really hope this would be in a natural way . Now I celebrate sisters who had in vitro birth because of many troubles and I admire them I couldn't think about what they have been through
Thanks for your input Nayah. Good to see you. Its been a while. smiley
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nayah(f): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
rokiatu:
Thanks for your input Nayah. Good to see you. Its been a while. smiley
Missed you too dear sister kiss
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by gocare: 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
GOD help women, please when writing experiences on epidural birth stories, can you please PLEASE Please and PLEASE indicate the address and name of the hospital you got it, plus any one around egbeda or ipaja area would be very welcome. Thanks.
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by heavensown: 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
I find this topic quite interesting because I have had discussions with some friends over this. I had my first child naturally even though I had the option of using an epidural (free of charge in UK smiley) but I didn't think I needed it as I was coping quite well with the pain. My personal opinion is this:
I believe the pain of childbirth is something that has been designed by God as part of the birth process. Yes, it was punishment to Eve and to all of womanhood but then, everything God does is perfect including the process of childbirth as painful as it may seem. I believe that there is something about the natural process that gives one a full understanding of what it really means to bring a child to this world, what our mothers went through to bring us to this world, what women go through to have children from unwanted pregnancies that may have been rejected by both the father and her family and the significance of every child in this world, regardless of the circumstances of their birth. By eliminating that part of the process, I don't think one can fully appreciate the gift of motherhood and the process of bringing a life to this world. Therefore, as for me, I would not use the epidural unless there is a medical reason e.g. if I had to do a ceasarian or labour becomes too difficult and unbearable such that it will be stupid for me not to use it to save my life and that of the child.

But in any case, I believe everyone has a right to exercise their choice as they wish. I do not condemn or criticise women who chose to use the epidural. I fully respect everyone's right to chose how they want to deliver as long as themselves and the child are not at risk. But from my personal experience, I have come to appreciate the natural process of childbirth and will go through the same by God's grace for my other children and my prayer is that it will be even easier subsequently.

1 Like

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Newmum0615: 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
You sit on your high chair and spew forth everything in your mouth cos you ain't the one who will bear the pain. Who are you to tell a woman that she shouldn't have epidural for the simple reason that she has to prove that she is a woman? So carrying and nurturing that child in her womb for 9 months is not enough to show that she is worthy of being called a mother simply becos she chose to have her baby without pain. What of all the discomfort she felt all those months waiting in anticipation to have that child. You sit there cos you don't have to do the work. Your point of view is just skewed. I am happy I am not married to you. You are the type that makes me ask why God didn't let men have the responsibility of carrying babies. I bet you ask your wife to do all the hard chores in the house while you raise your feet at home and fart around simply she is a woman and must act as woman whether or not she is up to it or not while carrying a baby. I really do not envy who you are married to. Go on with Ur bigoted views. I wish you luck.
50calibre:

This is bigger than just pain relief, it's about wanting to exempt yourself from a natural obligation.

I don't know how to explain it better, but that pain experienced during childbirth is symbolic, it's a stripe you have to earn as a worthy mother, call it a medal if you will.

You're bringing a life into this world, it should be painful, that's nature's way of preparing you for the task ahead, animals go through this, humans have been going through this, so why the sudden intolerance to pain.

My mum felt the pain bringing me into this world, my wife would need to feel that pain as well. Pain isn't an excuse, women go through lots of painful beauty procedures like waxing, this shouldn't be an excuse when nature has given you 9 months to prepare.

It's understandable if for some legitimate reason some woman have to opt for less painful procedures but there's no justification whatsoever for a healthy woman. It's a crime of trying to evade the natural order.

7 Likes

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Newmum0615:
You sit on your high chair and spew forth everything in your mouth cos you ain't the one who will bear the pain. Who are you to tell a woman that she shouldn't have epidural for the simple reason that she has to prove that she is a woman? So carrying and nurturing that child in her womb for 9 months is not enough to show that she is worthy of being called a mother simply becos she chose to have her baby without pain. What of all the discomfort she felt all those months waiting in anticipation to have that child. You sit there cos you don't have to do the work. Your point of view is just skewed. I am happy I am not married to you. You are the type that makes me ask why God didn't let men have the responsibility of carrying babies. I bet you ask your wife to do all the hard chores in the house while you raise your feet at home and fart around simply she is a woman and must act as woman whether or not she is up to it or not while carrying a baby. I really do not envy who you are married to. Go on with Ur bigoted views. I wish you luck.
damn babe you are really angry grin
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nita2013: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2015
e reach to vex na. What nonsense!!! I pray he is allowed into the labour/delivery room when his wife gets to that part. By the time he sees d kind of pain d wife is going tru he ll be d one to ask for epidural. Mtcheeeew..........

rokiatu:
damn babe you are really angry grin

1 Like

Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by christabeli: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2015
Nita2013:
e reach to vex na. What nonsense!!! I pray he is allowed into the labour/delivery room when his wife gets to that part. By the time he sees d kind of pain d wife is going tru he ll be d one to ask for epidural. Mtcheeeew..........

I know you didn't read everything he wrote. If you had done so, you would have seen where he admitted defeat.
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Nita2013: 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
I see you are omni present to know i didn't read everything he wrote. I read every of his post and saw where he admitted his defeat but going by his previous posts b4 accepting (whether truly or not) i wrote that.

christabeli:
I know you didn't read everything he wrote. If you had done so, you would have seen where he admitted defeat.
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Royver(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
where do you reside, within or outside the country?

i would advice you avoid epidural unless absolutely necessary.

my colleague who did it ten years ago is still suffering from back pain.
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by christabeli: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nita2013:
I see you are omni present to know i didn't read everything he wrote. I read every of his post and saw where he admitted his defeat but going by his previous posts b4 accepting (whether truly or not) i wrote that.

Thank you Ma.Being tactful is really a virtue.
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by favoredgal: 3:56am On Dec 12, 2015
Team epidural #AllDayEveryDay
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by okangisaiah(f): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=crackhaus post=30606926]
Lol... you're not the first woman I'm hearing this from, but then again you could just settle for the epidural if it's really what you want - as long as the person in charge of administering it knows his/her stuff, it should be fine.

As for wide hips, the next person who tells me it eases childbirth will have to prove it somehow, Lol...especially the Efik people of

Proudly eyen efik, calabar, cross river with enough hips. The two times I went that way I saw pains which I will not wish my worst enemy. On my 3rd and now thinking of epidural if that will ease the pains
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by Miami11: 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
favoredgal:
Team epidural #AllDayEveryDay

I had spinal block due to c section, I liked it

It was one shot on the spine and I lost all feelings on my legs lol( scary)

But I felt nothing for my c section, then after that I went to recovery room

In three days I was home.

Team anasthesia also the way
Re: Epidural Vs Natural Birth Please Share Your experience. by babysophie(f): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
50calibre:

Really? Why then do all these celebrities opt for c section, I though that was the least painful and stressful
D veejay remains tight as ever,dts one of d beauty of cs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? / Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age / Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.