Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply (1367 Views)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Abuja Court Strikes Out Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Others / Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Fatalveli(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Several Abuja communities
have marked a festive date: one year
of uninterrupted power supply due to
the launch of the Operation Light-up

Rural Nigeria (OLRN).

According to National Mirror, Waru
communities of the Federal Capital
Territory (FCT) celebrated the successful
long-term energy initiative of the
Federal Ministry of Power.
Locals even went to the streets with the
drums to express their joy.
A renewable energy initiative project of
the Federal Ministry of Power is aimed
at providing affordable and steady
electricity to rural areas using solar
power systems.
Professor Chinedu Nebo, the Minister of
Power, said the project ensures effective
power supply to the rural communities
located far from the grid adding that it
embodied the success of President
Goodluck Jonathan’s Transformation
Agenda.
According to Nebo, it would be
reasonable for investors to cooperate
with his ministry to extend the
programme in order to deliver
electricity to more Nigerians residing in
the rural areas.
He stressed that since electrification
start last year, various types of
enterprises have been spurred,
including pharmacy, welding, card
retailing shops and others. The official
noted that it had been impossible before
the project launch.
Not only business sector, but also social
sphere has experienced positive
changes. Nebo said that local schools
were sending favourable reports saying
that students had improved
their academic performance as a result
of steady power supply.
It should be recalled that in his recent
London speech Nebo said it was
impossible to provide uninterrupted
electricity to every Nigerian in the
nearest future.
“Nobody in the world can provide 24/7
electricity everywhere in Nigeria.”

Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by najoke: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
You PDPiigs can lie...see link below, read it and tell me where they manufactured their electricity from.

https://www.nairaland.com/2140143/uninterrupted-electricity-impossible-nigeria-now

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by slimfit1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
So why do we still have budget for fueling generator Jonathan shameless thief. Where is the money gone .
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Fatalveli(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
najoke:
You PDPiigs can lie...see link below, read it and tell me where they manufactured their electricity from.

https://www.nairaland.com/2140143/uninterrupted-electricity-impossible-nigeria-now
If you read the post very well, you will see that your statement was included

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by temitemi1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
We are moving forward grin grin #forwardever...#backwardnever... GEJ continue ur good work! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by olajide21: 12:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
I live in Abuja and I can tell you authoritatively that power supply is epileptic in my area. Between 9pm yesterday and 5:30am this morning PHCN seize power and restored it about 5times.... In the last 31hrs before the above mentioned time, we had only 1 - 2 hrs of power supply..::::: No transformation here!!!!
Where do I live? FHA lugbe!!!!!! And Maitama is not better!!!

2 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Promking: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Pure Rubbish angry Nonsense Lie angry Silly Propaganda angry

We need Change
#Vote Wisely
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by jcflex(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
Time for Abuja to resident to report themselves here.

I stay in FHA lugbe, for the past 4-5days i dnt think the light is ON for 5hrs put together.

report your area in ABJ if you have steady power supply for 1mnth, talkless of celebrating one year

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by buskie13(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
temitemi1:
We are moving forward grin grin #forwardever...#backwardnever... GEJ continue ur good work! GEJ till 2019!!!
guy...to be honest with u ehn...I'm a gej supporter...but the area in which he hasn't improved is the power sector... it's so disheartening...in as much i don't like buhari...but if he can provide steady power all through de country... then I'll vote for him...
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by najoke: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
Fatalveli:
If you read the post very well, you will see that your statement was included
I did...I had to post that link to show that all na lie....uninterrupted power supply for naija. shocked.......for where now
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by nwabekeyi101: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
temitemi1:

EVen if they post a topic that GEJ slap your Dad, you still gonna hail him. Lmaoooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by shadelek(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
It calls for celebration. Useless government with unproductive measures.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by rusep: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
Abuja Community of United State of America.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
LIES straight from the pit of hell!
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by dustmalik: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
S.tupid lies. I live 2 miles away from Aso villa, specifically at Area 11, yet electricity has been very terrible for the past three years. So what is all this rubbish about electricity stability all about? Keep spreading lies all over the place. Nonsense.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Flye: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
This is a big lie, in fact the electricity issue has gotten worse in Kubwa in the last few years.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Dasini: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
Am not surprised, it is one of their newly developed agendas, to sell lies and causes confusion, heighten tension in places where there is none,especially opposition stronghold.. Use security to intimidate people, fraustrate opposition to get sympathy votes. PDP has failed, and in their attempt to perfect their rigging plans, they shall fail again. Waterloo is their portion.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by zimoni(f): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Well,

Government and IPP are working.

Yet, they need to improve the power supply.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by hakanai(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2015
That is one horrible lie !!!
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Emusan(m): 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
olajide21:
I live in Abuja and I can tell you authoritatively that power supply is epileptic in my area. Between 9pm yesterday and 5:30am this morning PHCN seize power and restored it about 5times.... In the last 31hrs before the above mentioned time, we had only 1 - 2 hrs of power supply..::::: No transformation here!!!!
Where do I live? FHA lugbe!!!!!! And Maitama is not better!!!

I was expecting to see my area on his list after I read SEVERAL COMMUNITIES, because your area is even better but ours is worsen.

Nobody should quote me thinking I'm supporting APC I don't even have party just that I'm not part of gullible Nigerians.
Re: GOOD NEWS: Abuja Communities Celebrate 1 Year Of Steady Power Supply by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
hakanai:
That is one horrible lie !!!
You can say that again!

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Buhari Live Chat With Christiane Amanpour On CNN / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For 40 Million Dollars Assemly Plant / Fani-kayode Mocks Tinubu Over NASS Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.