Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,819 members, 7,841,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

If Buhari Was An Igbo Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Was An Igbo Man (2628 Views)

AIT Reacts To Allegation Of Closing Down Poll Website Because Buhari Was Leading / AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by lazsnaira(m): 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
This is just a question that I have decided to ask, because I am disturbed as an Igbo man about the fate of my people Ndigbo in this country Nigeria. I have watched with envy how the candidacy of Buhari is being propagated, in fact, almost being shoved down our throats, by both Yorubas and HausaFulanis. And I can't stop asking myself again and again; "Supposed Buhari was an Igbo man, would he have enjoyed that sort of support?" Of course the answer is NO! And that NO is not only a sad and disheartening truth, it also serves to remind me as an Igbo man how much my country loves me. Sometime ago there were some Igbos in prominent positions in Jonathan's cabinet, but then one after the other, a campaign of calumny was instituted against them and to save his own head Jonathan had to remove them one after the other. The Issue of Boko Haram and how the military has failed to curtail the Islamic militants onslaught against innocent Nigerians has been constant in the mainstream media without anyone ever calling for the resignations of all the military chiefs who actually almost all are from the northern part of the country. And I am like, if these military chiefs and security advisers were from the eastern part of the country, would the media act like they've forgotten their existence as they are doing now? Probably I am the only one who notices the sort of abnormal disparity that comes up when a national issue has an Igbo person over it. The only time a person of Igbo descent, in high national office, enjoys the sort of support Buhari enjoys from Yorubas and HausaFulanis is whenever these same people have dug a hole of negativity around that Igbo personage. Unknowingly to them, history will always stare us all in the face, to remind us all of how badly we have treated our brother OR neighbour. Call me whatever name you deemed fit but I will continue to observe the place of my people in a country I supposed my own.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by shadelek(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by babs01(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
dts wat u blv nd so it remains
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Ikengawo: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
As it stands byharis support comes from GEJ being too close to igbos. This is why the yorubas that were tribal warriors on here are now political warriors.

6 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by midolian(m): 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
If Buhari was an igboman mehn! There wld be no need for this 2015 election..Na swearing in straight..cos av observed that majority of GEJ's supporters r Igbos. And for wat reason? Jst because he z frm the east...

...Forget all this yan..GEJ has failed and that's why pple yearn for a change of government. We are not rejecting him cos he comez frm the east, we r because we trusted him with our votes and he has failed us in every way

9 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
time shall tell
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by dinachi(m): 2:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
The correct question is, assuming Jonathan was an Igbo man, would the Ijaws support him? Go home, think about it and learn!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
dinachi:
The correct question is, assuming Jonathan was an Igbo man, would the Ijaws support him? Go home, think about it and learn!
they wud be d very 1st to throw stones at him for no reason... every thing he does wud be seen as an action geared towards igbo man sense, if money is missing they wud say "them talk am igbo man na so dem dae behave"... I am neither a Gej fan nor a Buhari fan, but when topics open up abt any of them I don't support because of tribalism or dat he gave himself Azikiwe as a name, I only support him based on what I am seeing with my two eyes. I ve heard abt how Buharis time as military head was I know he won't work under the same circumstances as he worked wen he was military head of state but lemme not say sha... may d best man win
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
lazsnaira:
This is just a question that I have decided to ask, because I am disturbed as an Igbo man about the fate of my people Ndigbo in this country Nigeria. I have watched with envy how the candidacy of Buhari is being propagated, in fact, almost being shoved down our throats, by both Yorubas and HausaFulanis. And I can't stop asking myself again and again; "Supposed Buhari was an Igbo man, would he have enjoyed that sort of support?" Of course the answer is NO! And that NO is not only a sad and disheartening truth, it also serves to remind me as an Igbo man how much my country loves me. Sometime ago there were some Igbos in prominent positions in Jonathan's cabinet, but then one after the other, a campaign of calumny was instituted against them and to save his own head Jonathan had to remove them one after the other. The Issue of Boko Haram and how the military has failed to curtail the Islamic militants onslaught against innocent Nigerians has been constant in the mainstream media without anyone ever calling for the resignations of all the military chiefs who actually almost all are from the northern part of the country. And I am like, if these military chiefs and security advisers were from the eastern part of the country, would the media act like they've forgotten their existence as they are doing now? Probably I am the only one who notices the sort of abnormal disparity that comes up when a national issue has an Igbo person over it. The only time a person of Igbo descent, in high national office, enjoys the sort of support Buhari enjoys from Yorubas and HausaFulanis is whenever these same people have dug a hole of negativity around that Igbo personage. Unknowingly to them, history will always stare us all in the face, to remind us all of how badly we have treated our brother OR neighbour. Call me whatever name you deemed fit but I will continue to observe the place of my people in a country I supposed my own.
ta pertinent question to ask them
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
When you don't support one another, you shouldn't expect an outsider to support you. A divided house were everyone is trying to pull each other down, ain't gonna make any progress. And that's the simple truth.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by shineeye: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
correct question OP i dont think they can give you a straight answer
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
dinachi:
Good question, another one is if buhari was an igbo, would Igbos have supported him? We have a potential buhari in Rochas Okorocha, he enjoys amazing support in the north and south west but what have we done to him in the east? The OP should also reflect on this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by hushmail: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
truth be told,

this election should not be about tribes or ethnic origin,

rather about antecedents of the person

comparing gej and gmb, the antecedents of buhari has nothing to

write home about. but gej has a better antecedent.

but since 9ja politics is all about tribal origin,

if buhari was renamed mohamaduabuchukwu buhari, am sure the north will not

give him the current cult followership he now enjoys
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by lazsnaira(m): 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
dinachi:
I can categorically tell you Yes! The Ijaws and all the waterside people will support him if he was an Igboman. The Ijaws and the riverine people of niger delta might have lived in the dark in those days of the Biafra war when they were still deluded by the lies from the northerners, but now I do not see them making the same mistake adaka boro & saro wiwa made. And on our own part as Ndigbo it is very wrong for us to think that it is only those in Enugu Abia IMO Eboyi & Anambra states that are Igbo people, we must realize that being an Igbo person is rather defined by language and culture and not the state boundaries created to make Ndigbo look small. There are Ndigbo all over niger delta and the riverine areas and I can tell you categorically that those in the Nigerian made southeastern states are Not more Igbo than those in Niger Delta and the Riverine Areas!

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by azimibraun: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
Igboman with all his sharpness was decieve by GEJ by simply saying his name is azikiwe. Ameachi has asked the igbo ppl to request GEJ to communicate in igbo language till this moment the igbos have not asked and GEJ hs not spoken igbo. Come to think of it, what ws the role of the south-south ppl during the civil war? Gist has it that the. Igbo man alone held the federal troops for 3yrs. Ijaw Man and co. We're having a swell time drinking and rocking women. Igboman rediscover urself. Am not an igboman sha. I only just lk their hustling spirit.

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by zimoni(f): 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Word.

Yet, someday an Igbo man is going to be sworn-in as the President of this nation.

That is if Nigeria still exists till then.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by azimibraun: 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Where facts lives assumptions are not even neighbors.. Buhari is a fulani man from Katsina and that's a fact. He can never be an IgboMan so stop assuming. Ddnt great Ojukwu run for Presidential election in Nigeria; how much support did his kinsmen give to him? They gave all their votes to OBJ. Now somebody is beefing. Why is peter Obi not running for president; is he Hausa or is he not qualified? Why are the igbos not looking beyond GEJ & GMB and focus on chekwas Okorie; abi is he not qualified? Abegi jare make u tell me something different joor.

8 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
If Buhari were to be an Igboman-

They will ask him to go and rescue his. Village from terrorists before trying to rescue Nigeria

They will ask hi to return his Aba made certificate.

They will ask him to go and search for the chibo girls because charity begins at home.

Jonathan is not doing well but telling me that Buhari is competent to rule Nigeria is a raw insult

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ojukwu was not abandoned by Igbos, we voted him massively in 2003 including Pita Obi but what happened, Obasanjo the useless yolobaman and a failed father rigged the whole process to favour him.

The same Obasanjo that used yoloba thugs to destroy properties in Anambra is now APC's leader

azimibraun:
Where facts lives assumptions are not even neighbors.. Buhari is a fulani man from Katsina and that's a fact. He can never be an IgboMan so stop assuming. Ddnt great Ojukwu run for Presidential election in Nigeria; how much support did his kinsmen give to him? They gave all their votes to OBJ. Now somebody is beefing. Why is peter Obi not running for president; is he Hausa or is he not qualified? Why are the igbos not looking beyond GEJ & GMB and focus on chekwas Okorie; abi is he not qualified? Abegi jare make u tell me something different joor.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Rawani: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
kastonkastrol:
When you don't support one another, you shouldn't expect an outsider to support you. A divided house were everyone is trying to pull each other down, ain't gonna make any progress. And that's the simple truth.

They call it competition, and apparently its the best thing since sliced bread.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Rawani: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
OkijaAmaka:
Ojukwu was not abandoned by Igbos, we voted him massively in 2003 including Pita Obi but what happened, Obasanjo the useless yolobaman and a failed father rigged the whole process to favour him.

The same Obasanjo that used yoloba thugs to destroy properties in Anambra is now APC's leader

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/bianca-blasts-igbo-politicians-for-abandoning-apga-ojukwu/

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by MalcoImX: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obiagelli:

Good question, another one is if buhari was an igbo, would Igbos have supported him? We have a potential buhari in Rochas Okorocha, he enjoys amazing support in the north and south west but what have we done to him in the east? The OP should also reflect on this.
They even call him Mallam for his ability to build bridges across tribes and regions – an attribute that is supposed to be commended and imbibed.

6 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by lazsnaira(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
azimibraun:
Igboman with all his sharpness was decieve by GEJ by simply saying his name is azikiwe. Ameachi has asked the igbo ppl to request GEJ to communicate in igbo language till this moment the igbos have not asked and GEJ hs not spoken igbo. Come to think of it, what ws the role of the south-south ppl during the civil war? Gist has it that the. Igbo man alone held the federal troops for 3yrs. Ijaw Man and co. We're having a swell time drinking and rocking women. Igboman rediscover urself. Am not an igboman sha. I only just lk their hustling spirit.
What some people do not understand is that a lot of people in Bayelsa bear Igbo names and understand igbo language very well, some of them can even speak a variant of Igbo language. For instance, you cannot abuse an Urhobo man from delta state and think he will not understand igbo language. So Goodluck Jonathan having two Igbo names goes a long way to tell every discerning person that he must have in some way a connection to the Igbo descent.
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by customized19: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Is GEJ an Igbo man? Yeeboes didnt vote for ojuiku and still call Rocahas a.boki for joining APC. Smh
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Another question is that if 'GEJ is an Hausa Muslim'. which of the two will be your preferred candidate.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by azimibraun: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Make una answer the Man wey ask if GEJ ws Hausa Muslim what wld be the case; since You can imagine if GMB was Igbo christian? Assumption ppl on Nairaland. Something that is impossible.
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by obailala(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
lazsnaira:
You claim there were some Igbos in Jonathan's cabinet who were removed and I ask, were they replaced by people from Ghana or were they replaced by fellow Igbos? - This first question exposes the folly in your senseless ramblings.

Did Jonathan change the national character and pick more Igbos than past Nigerian leaders?

For the previous governments of IBB, Abacha, OBJ etc, did they not also observe the national character when selecting ministers?... or did they skip Igbo states and appoint Camerounians?

What is all this silly talk about Jonathan appointing Igbos as if previous governments did not also employ the same number of Igbos?

How can a whole race of people be so confused in this simple observation?

Ministers involved in one malpractice or the other and who were disgracing the Igbos were forced out and eventually replaced with fellow Igbos. Yet some silly characters begin to spread thoughtless propaganda saying Igbos are being removed from government. Where is the common sense?

You better throw away this your senseless feeling of paranoia, open your closed eyes and tell yourself the truth. The worst victimization Igbos face today is perpetrated by fellow Igbos. Our silly collective attitude of playing the victim and openly defending prominent Igbos who disgrace themselves in the corridors of power is the only reason why non-Igbos will continue to distrust us.

..ANd just like a poster above me asked, what if GEJ was an Hausa Muslim. Would you still want to die for him the way you are doing now?

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by lazsnaira(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
obailala:

You claim there were some Igbos in Jonathan's cabinet who were removed and I ask, were they replaced by people from Ghana or were they replaced by fellow Igbos? - This first question exposes the folly in your senseless ramblings.

Did Jonathan change the national character and pick more Igbos than past Nigerian leaders?

For the previous governments of IBB, Abacha, OBJ etc, did they not also observe the national character when selecting ministers?... or did they skip Igbo states and appoint Camerounians?

What is all this silly talk about Jonathan appointing Igbos as if previous governments did not also employ the same number of Igbos?

How can a whole race of people be so confused in this simple observation?

Ministers involved in one malpractice or the other and who were disgracing the Igbos were forced out and eventually replaced with fellow Igbos. Yet some silly characters begin to spread thoughtless propaganda saying Igbos are being removed from government. Where is the common sense?

You better throw away this your senseless feeling of paranoia, open your closed eyes and tell yourself the truth. The worst victimization Igbos face today is perpetrated by fellow Igbos. Our silly collective attitude of playing the victim and openly defending prominent Igbos who disgrace themselves in the corridors of power is the only reason why non-Igbos will continue to distrust us.

..ANd just like a poster above me asked, what if GEJ was an Hausa Muslim. Would you still want to die for him the way you are doing now?

I have made a simple observation prompting my question 'If Buhari was an Igbo man' and rather than you entertaining my question in context, you went about vituperating on how your entire race is confused about my simple observation.

My observation is plain truth, to which you know your people are complicit in all crimes against Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by obailala(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
lazsnaira:

I have made a simple observation prompting my question 'If Buhari was an Igbo man' and rather than you entertaining my question in context, you went about vituperating on how your entire race is confused about my simple observation.

My observation is plain truth, to which you know your people are complicit in all crimes against Ndigbo.
FYI, I am Igbo... and I passionately hate the way some of our people feel unnecessarily paranoid to the extent of openly defending thieves caught in the act; it is very embarrassing.

4 Likes

Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by lazsnaira(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
obailala:

FYI, I am Igbo... and I passionately hate the way some of our people feel unnecessarily paranoid to the extent of openly defending thieves caught in the act; it is very embarrassing.
Irrespective of where you come from, the question I want everyone to answer is this: 'If Buhari was an Igbo man?'
Being an Igbo doesn't necessarily mean that you are really awake to the plight of your people. Afterall history had it that the Biafra war was lost due largely to the activities of saboteurs among Ndigbo. Just as you have pointed out earlier that Igbos suffer more victimisation from fellow Igbos. So let us not derail from the main question of this discuss which is 'if Buhari was an Igbo man?'
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by Smart007i(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obiagelli:

correct, ur head dey dia... I hv always said tht if an Igbo man wil ever be Nigeria president tht is Rochas O. Quote me anytime.
Re: If Buhari Was An Igbo Man by WisdomFlakes: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are so on point with this comment, and I share your sentiment. I see Rochas as probably the next Nigerian President after GMB coz of his across-the-board appeal. But it seems the average South Easterner hates his guts coz he's neither in APGA or PDP. That, to my mind, is warped and twisted.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Leaders Rebuke APC -say We’ll Vote For Freedom On March 28 / APC Crisis: Way Forward ? / President Buhari Got Me Laughing (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.