Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) (3108 Views)

Buhari, Fashola, Akin Ambode & Other APC Leaders Show PDP Red Card In Lagos- Pic / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Public / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
I was listening to wazobia fm anchored by TwiTwi last night on my way home from work, people were calling in to complain that their pvc are not being giving to them cos of non indigeneship, even to on ait people were complaining. I have gone for mine twice and have not gotten it. I think apc and inec are the brain behind this.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by customized19: 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
Yeeboes and there wahala. Cry babies

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by focus7: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Go to ur place na if dey gree gif u. U be lagosian ne?
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by jom28gy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
All those commenting about this,do you want to tell me that he is liaring?when indeed many had not gotten theirs.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
See lie,i live in satellite town and many igbo don collect their pvc 4 ma area.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by onagoodday1: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
THE OP IS RIGHT...MY UNCLE AND HIS WIFE HAS GIVEN UP
..it is not just Igbo, many non yorubas are not getting theirs...IT IS AN PC STRATEGY

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by mrmetoo1: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Do you guys even know what it'll take to pull this off? This kind of plan is not between a couple of loyal associates in one room, it means they'll have to tell all their staff to hold back PVCs for Igbos. Now among the staff, you have a lot of Igbo people and you think none of them will come out to expose this? Then again it means you'll have Igbos there denying their people PVCs, it doesn't add up. Then apart from the Igbos in INEC, there are people from other tribes with their political leaning now if they see this disfranchisement will not be good for their party, do you think they'll just do it like hypnotized dummies?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by dustmalik: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
People just come here and lie all day long. Keep this propaganda going, let's see where it gets you.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by dustmalik: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Do you guys even know what it'll take to pull this off? This kind of plan is not between a couple of loyal associates in one room, it means they'll have to tell all their staff to hold back PVCs for Igbos. Now among the staff, you'll have a lot of Igbo people and you think none of them will come out to expose this? Then again it means you'll have Igbos there too denying their people PVCs, it doesn't add up. Then apart from the Igbos in INEC, there are people from other tribes with their political leaning now if they see this disfranchisement will not be good for their party, do you think they'll just do it like hypnotized dummies?
^^ This. For those who keep bringing up this nonsense propaganda, Read the above comment very well, so that next time you want to start lying, you will remember this.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by OneNaira6: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
IDK about lagos but I know they are trying to stop igbos from voting. Yesterday I was on the phone with my cousin and the convo went to Nigeria politics, I asked him who he plans on voting, he said nobody and that's because he's tired of trying to collect his voting card thing. According to him, anytime he goes to pick it up, they'll make excuses upon excuses why they can't give it to him. Now he is frustrated of the whole thing, his interest in voting has diminished. I think the reason why they doing this is to get that attitude my cousin experiencing ( frustration and disinterest)

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by WisdomFlakes: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
Very useless thread. I suspect the poster may not even be Igbo, but is intent on stirring tribal animosity between Yorubas & Igbos by opening such a provocative thread. OP, you are very very foolish and stewpid.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Balkan(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
I don't know why this happening only Lagos State.
is anybody afraid of change? I thought that is the
slogan of every APC member. They know change
is coming to Lagos soon that is why they are denying
the Igbo population the PVC knowing fully well that
their vote alone and some pockets of Yoruba vote will give JK victory.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by raumdeuter: 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Have you checked Onitsha under bridge? Your PVC might be there waiting for you

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by 1wolex85: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Balkan:
I don't know why this happening only Lagos State.
is anybody afraid of change? I thought that is the
slogan of every APC member. They know change
is coming to Lagos soon that is why they are denying
the Igbo population the PVC knowing fully well that
their vote alone and some pockets of Yoruba vote will give JK victory.
You said all your igbo friends havent collected, do you have any yoruba friends? Have they all collected theirs?

People need to know that there is a difference between distribution and collection. Someone mentioned Amuwo-Odofin, move around that local govt and you will find corp members dozing at their polling units with hundreds of cards no one has collected. Many people have relocated since 2011 and are not likely to go through the trouble of trying to transfer their cards.

In Lagos, INEC confirmed that they lost part of the data for Lagos voters and there was a window in november last year where everyone was supposed to check and if your name is not found, you re-register (Fashola is a good example). Many people didnt check in that time frame, they go now and cant find their names and they cry foul.

Once INEC can confirm that all PVCs have been produced and distributed to the local govt level, the responsibility for collection lies with the voters not INEC.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Balkan(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
1wolex85:

You said all your igbo friends havent collected, do you have any yoruba friends? Have they all collected theirs?

People need to know that there is a difference between distribution and collection. Someone mentioned Amuwo-Odofin, move around that local govt and you will find corp members dozing at their polling units with hundreds of cards no one has collected. Many people have relocated since 2011 and are not likely to go through the trouble of trying to transfer their cards.

In Lagos, INEC confirmed that they lost part of the data for Lagos voters and there was a window in november last year where everyone was supposed to check and if your name is not found, you re-register (Fashola is a good example). Many people didnt check in that time frame, they go now and cant find their names and they cry foul.

Once INEC can confirm that all PVCs have been produced and distributed to the local govt level, the responsibility for collection lies with the voters not INEC.
One of my Yoruba friends told me in confidence that most time that if they see Igbo name in Ikeja they will take the to
PVC Etiosa and vice versa. He told me that they tried to make it difficult Igbos to vote because they want to vote for JK.
He also told me that the INEC officials are the one masterminding the act

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Akshow: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
And the useless nairaland mods can take this unsubstantiated news to front page like the similar topic on this Igbo winning that hit front page last week.

Smellos ni awon Igbos gbo gbo yi sha.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by IamforGod: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Op no get sense. Me wey I be yoruba me and my family self never register talkless of collecting PVCM tribalistic fool.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by dolphinheart(m): 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Well, maybe, just maybe o!, the op's Nose is so good that he can smell someones tribal affiliation some few metres away . Maybe that's how he knew the tribe of those who successfully got their pvc.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by midolian(m): 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
Balkan:
I dont know why you guys are so biased
we have two major political parties here.
you dont know the side of divide i am.
you guys have already taken position.

I have a lot of my friends Igbos who they tell
come today come tomorrow.

I have not told you the person i am voting for but
in your mind you guys have already made up your mind
on who you think am voting for if I had my PVC.
very funny.
by merely checking your profile, one wld know where you belong..I ave checked all topics created by you and some of your posts..that's more than a give away
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by EmmySparky(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Balkan:
I am worried that for the past 3weeks I have been trying to
collect my PVC but to no avail. So many disappointment.
I see Yorubas walking in and collecting the PVC with ease.

I have decided not to give up. The funny thing is that those
hiding the PCV do not know who I may be voting for.

INEC please allow those who do not have the PVC to use the
temporary one for equity and fairness.
op ur a big liar...I am an igbo guy...I collected mine with ease..so did my some of my igbo and family members...there is nothing like tribalism going on...some yoruba girls don't even have their cards now
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Adegbodolu1: 12:51am On Feb 13, 2015
GOooood Job INEC, we dont want Igbo voters in Lagos.

The Igbos should carry their poopoolation where it is needed in Igboland.

Shameless people

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by ezugegere(m): 1:13am On Feb 13, 2015
justhelp:
I DONT KNOW WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE SO DESPERATE TO DESTROY THEMSELVES THINKING THEY ARE DESTROYING OTHERS, GO TO COLLECTION CENTER SEE THOUSAND OF PVC READY FOR COLLECTION, BESIDES MY GIRLFRIEND IS AN IGBO GIRL SHE HAS COLLECTED HER PVC INCLUDING ALL HER BROTHERS. HEAR THIS OP, IF YOU CONTINUE TO LIE LIKE THIS WITHOUT YOU THINKING OF THE CONSEQUENCES, YOU WILL BE DISGRACE BY GOD SOON, YOU WILL LACK WHAT YOU
THINK YOU HAVE.

Stop talk what you don't know anything about! What he said is the truth. Apapa LG seems to be the worst.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by jumobi1(m): 1:24am On Feb 13, 2015
Just because your Igbo friend in Lagos Island got his doesn't mean every Igbo in Alimosho are getting theirs. Respect the OP's opinion.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by ahaz: 1:52am On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Don't mind all dis apc thugs, datz wad dey do. Dey carry a local govt pvc to anoda making it look like a mistake, buh dey go to market sharing pvc to iyaoloja agbero thugs and idiotic sympathizers of dem party. Datz how deh ve bin doing and jega said he wants to hold election on d 14th of feb, dat guy is silly. It happens everywhere, d igboz are tired of fashola, dey want agbaje
i knew apc re up to somethng.even in imo state,a full l.g.a has nt seen theirs yet jega cliamd hes ready.u can see d way they re replyng d op as if he is lieng,hypocrites.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Balkan(m): 4:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Well, This plan can never work.
temporary voters card might be used.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by Balkan(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
I have been vindicated.
Re: Igbos Are Refused PVC Card In Lagos. (my Personal Experince.) by superstar1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Another whining and embittered bush baby from alaigbo. If you are pained, go back to your gully eroded land and vote.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Update: An Evening With Buhari @ VI, Lagos / PHOTOS: Nigerian Student Ufot Ekong Breaks 50 Year Record In Japan / Who Else Have Noticed Monkey Pox Died A Natural Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.