Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Please Help Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me (716 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
Good afternoon guys,am writing this up because I know there is someone out there whose comment can really be of great help to me,thanks in anticipation.
Okay let me start like this am a 300level student of Unilorin,have really never had any serious relationship with a girl,which am really ashamed of actually.
The problem is anytime I see a lady I like,I start fantasizing about her like we're dating already,but in true sense I really lack the guts to walk up to a lady and ask her out because I even don't know what to say,For example there is this girl in my department 200level,am sure I really like her and not lust but I notice anytime I see her my breathing increases,and she will just pass like that without me talking to her,am really tired of the whole thing,as I know am really the good looking guy,and I have friends not even as good as I am having girlfriends.
Note: am no really desperate to have a girlfriend,just needs help with walking up to a girl and pouring my heart to her,thanks
Re: Please Help Me by ronald4lif(m): 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
Many guys were like you initially. It will only take having your first relationship to build your confidence around women and this as expected is usually not an easy task.

Since you both are in same department it should make it easier winning her over, that's if she's not involve in any relationship at the moment. Start by being friends, get her contacts and chat her up but the discuss should first be about lectures, lecturers troubles, or anything related to your academics. It should be that way for quite a while until you realise she's more open to you then you can take it further. Take her to school canteens at breaks once in a while, find out what her interest are and keep checking on her every morning and nights. At some point when she may have realised you care and mean well towards her there could be more hanging out coming up between the two of you, once this happens it will pave way for you to ask her to be your close friend. Do you have her number? Try getting it first, that's the only way you can start this process.

Fear of rejection is what you are battling with and you have to be strong willed to be able to defeat it. If it proves too difficult to win this particular girl try another who you think may not be easy to bend over. Until you have your first date it ll be a herculean task building your confidence around women.
Re: Please Help Me by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
Thanks so much,that really should be helpful,I don't have her number yet,wanted to ask a female friend of mine to help me get her number is that okay
Re: Please Help Me by ronald4lif(m): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
Lamispaco:
Thanks so much,that really should be helpful,I don't have her number yet,wanted to ask a female friend of mine to help me get her number is that okay

You welcome bro. Asking her female friend her number is not the ideal thing to do. But if that's the only way you can get her contacts then explore it. Have you ever talked to this girl, I mean even a hello? If not, try talking to her but not like wooing her. Talk about anything for it ll be much easier becoming friends with her that way even after collecting her number from the friend
Re: Please Help Me by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
We do say this "Hi and Hello" and that's all,we are currently on a week first semester break,will ask of her number when we resume
Re: Please Help Me by Rulloor(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Learner.

grin grin grin

African China don sing am. If you like somebody walk up to her and tell her you love her o.... No crime.

As simple as that man. Whatever you do, make sure you state your intention. What's the use of liking a girl this much and not telling her? She can't cut off your head na.
Re: Please Help Me by Maamin(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ronald4lif has done a good job here

Cool..weldon cool
Re: Please Help Me by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
Lamispaco:
We do say this "Hi and Hello" and that's all,we are currently on a week first semester break,will ask of her number when we resume

Awww....that's kinda cute. Aaahhh. Young love.

Yes, Ronald Reagan up there did good job outlining the "mating game". Hehehe...OK, "dating". Sheesh, get yer mind off the gutter. grin

BUT!

Be like NIKE and JUST DO IT. Fake it till you make it.

Say, more than HI/HELLO, like hey, what's up? OR How you doing?

Do it whilst quaking in your boots, peeing on yourself, heart jumping out yer chest. JUST do IT.

The confidence will build up slowly, but you gotta dive in and swim or sink.

Whatever you do tho, be your yourself (the better you; if "you" is rude, crude and disrespectful). I mean don't act all 'cool as a cat' 'I am a playa', 'I am a baller', blah blah kinda crap if it aint' you.

Good luck with that. There is no fast and hard rules dealing with us women. So, take all the advice above with a grain of salt.
Re: Please Help Me by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Much thanks to everyone here for their contribution,appreciated,will keep u guy updated

(1) (Reply)

Seven Tips For A Lasting,loving Relationship / Select One: Who Are You Spending Valentine With / Ladies In The Building; Am I Lying Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.