Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs (50936 Views)

The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by olupentane(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
opendo21:
The story of a 2:2 graduate. My experience. I graduated with worst kind of 2:2 you could ever get. Closing CGPA was 3.49. I mean it was a nightmare, "Just give me an A in my project defence instead of this B that seems to have no value" I cried. "Where do I start from?" No connections, No money. It still remains the darkest day of my life. I was reading a motivational book a friend left in my room the previous day and it helped lift my morale. I made up my mind to make the best of the situation. So I started developing myself. Although I studied mathematics, I found accounting interesting and easy. I started with the ATS exams during my youth corps but along the way I got bored so after ATS3 I decided I wanted to make more use of my Mathematical skills, someone told me I should try being an actuary and it turned out it was exactly what I was looking for. After my youth service, the job search began, 15 months, no job, I was later called up by Lagos state to teach Mathematics to secondary school students but that didn't stop me from continuing my professional studies. Fortunately was called up by an insurance company who learnt of my exam success and wanted me to join them as an analyst. Today I am the most paid analyst in my company and i'm still hoping to develop myself further. God is key to your every attainment in life. Just hold on to him, develop new skills. Who knows, you might not need a job at the end of the day. Coz sometimes, you get tired of 9-5 in lagos.
please how did you qualify to be an actuary? did you take any exam or it's just your math major ? Thanks.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Ihinmi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
olupentane:

please how did you qualify to be an actuary? did you take any exam or it's just your math major ? Thanks.
pls i will also like to know more. As a major mathematics student at what level would u start the exam and is like how much. THANKS
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Ihinmi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
opendo21:
The story of a 2:2 graduate. My experience. I graduated with worst kind of 2:2 you could ever get. Closing CGPA was 3.49. I mean it was a nightmare, "Just give me an A in my project defence instead of this B that seems to have no value" I cried. "Where do I start from?" No connections, No money. It still remains the darkest day of my life. I was reading a motivational book a friend left in my room the previous day and it helped lift my morale. I made up my mind to make the best of the situation. So I started developing myself. Although I studied mathematics, I found accounting interesting and easy. I started with the ATS exams during my youth corps but along the way I got bored so after ATS3 I decided I wanted to make more use of my Mathematical skills, someone told me I should try being an actuary and it turned out it was exactly what I was looking for. After my youth service, the job search began, 15 months, no job, I was later called up by Lagos state to teach Mathematics to secondary school students but that didn't stop me from continuing my professional studies. Fortunately was called up by an insurance company who learnt of my exam success and wanted me to join them as an analyst. Today I am the most paid analyst in my company and i'm still hoping to develop myself further. God is key to your every attainment in life. Just hold on to him, develop new skills. Who knows, you might not need a job at the end of the day. Coz sometimes, you get tired of 9-5 in lagos.
pls i will also like to know more. As a major mathematics student at what level would u start the exam and is like how much. THANKS
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by obiak4(m): 6:21am On Feb 16, 2015
Zohan:
I graduated with a CGPA of 3.49. Too bad. I am a pen artist and i own a record label and i make good money. If u gat the potentials, there ain't time to go about with khaki envelopes looking for who to employ you for a meagre salary.
yes boss i too graduated with a cgpa of 4.00 dump the cert somewhere hustle tins what is 40k-50k a month smh let just pray for Gods direction
if you are first class or 2.1,2.2 pls brace urself for austerity oooo many would loss thier job after the election because of massive retrentchment pls guys have plan A,B;C cos nigeria economy z very very fragile if you have the tym learn a trade,enterprenu...... Just learn what would put food on your table or better still invest your cash
my 1oooooo cowries contribution
you can see have stop using naira as contribution cos its devalued

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by obiak4(m): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2015
neyur:
Most first class and average 2.1 candiates are bunch of crammers...the companies discovered that of-recent...there are difrrent between school work and office work....back then in school, the first and second class upper have there way.....buh in the labour market, they hide.
crammer my foot when does crammer earn first class it obvious you were maybe carried away during sch day dem dey cram assignment,test,project
first student manage thier time or they r genuis #fact you can take to d bank
my 1oo cowries
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by neyur: 7:12am On Feb 16, 2015
obiak4:

crammer my foot when does crammer earn first class it obvious you were maybe carried away during sch day dem dey cram assignment,test,project
first student manage thier time or they r genuis #fact you can take to d bank
my 1oo cowries

Abeg no vex...goodmawni
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by obiak4(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2015
neyur:

Abeg no vex...goodmawni
why i go vex, just stated facts morning how was ur 9t?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by dollyptosh(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
G12:
Abeg, you guys should just stop all these degree and class of degree talk already. It's annoying! After putting all efforts to graduate with good grades in order to be distinguished, up till now 2.1 has not fetched any good job.

Back then, I had this female friend from another dept. who was on the verge of graduating with a 3rd class. I started studying with her so she could be motivated. She finally graduated with a low 2.2 and now she is working. Her uncle is a minister, but now "she dey hardly pick my call again sef".

I know of another mate who graduated with a 3rd class, but now working with a big oil company(I dunno know her position sha).

"No be by 2.1 or 1st class o"(but then, whatever that is worth doing at all is worth doing well - one of my mantras).

I made a decision never to "struggle" for job again after I almost lost my life last year, when I was going for an aptitude test in Lagos(EY).

Robbers and other people with bad intentions go on a mission and come back successfully, why should my life be endangered when I had no evil intention, but was only trying to take advantage of an opportunity that would have better my life.

I have always gone an extra mile just to be outstanding in all that I do. Right now, I think it's high time for God to prove himself. I have surrendered unto him because, right now, it seems my strength can't help me no more.

N:B I am not a big fan of typing, I just decided to bare my mind for once. So please, pardon all my blunders.
Pls! K
eep pushing, don't stop!.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by dollyptosh(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
G12:
Abeg, you guys should just stop all these degree and class of degree talk already. It's annoying! After putting all efforts to graduate with good grades in order to be distinguished, up till now 2.1 has not fetched any good job.

Back then, I had this female friend from another dept. who was on the verge of graduating with a 3rd class. I started studying with her so she could be motivated. She finally graduated with a low 2.2 and now she is working. Her uncle is a minister, but now "she dey hardly pick my call again sef".

I know of another mate who graduated with a 3rd class, but now working with a big oil company(I dunno know her position sha).

"No be by 2.1 or 1st class o"(but then, whatever that is worth doing at all is worth doing well - one of my mantras).

I made a decision never to "struggle" for job again after I almost lost my life last year, when I was going for an aptitude test in Lagos(EY).

Robbers and other people with bad intentions go on a mission and come back successfully, why should my life be endangered when I had no evil intention, but was only trying to take advantage of an opportunity that would have better my life.

I have always gone an extra mile just to be outstanding in all that I do. Right now, I think it's high time for God to prove himself. I have surrendered unto him because, right now, it seems my strength can't help me no more.

N:B I am not a big fan of typing, I just decided to bare my mind for once. So please, pardon all my blunders.
Pls! Keep pushing, don't stop!.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by dollyptosh(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
tessyg2:
my dear 2.2 is different from 2.2 , a 2.2 graduate from my school university of Ibadan is like a first class graduate of most states university, because bfor u will even have the 2.2 from ui, u must read to die.
The fact is that the person still made a 2.2. How did your mate get a 2.1 and first in that same school??

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Thespecialone(m): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2015
G12:

@my Oga, Amen thanks and God Bless.

I have benefited immensely from that section especially from your niche, importation. God bless you and the likes of YMod, Thespecialone, Tutucious(who stood by me when I first made a bold step) and other big names. You guys should keep it up! You have touched many lives without knowing, especially some of who are not too fond of posting comments.

Thanks boss and God bless you too grin
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
I made a 2.2.Graduated in 2011,served in 2012-2013 October, got a job with Ecobank in same 2013 before I joined UBA in May 2014. No special connection. God's grace found me.

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by Boazzz: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
God gives job, i graduated with third class from a university that derive pleasure in failing students, today i work with a pharmaceutical coy as a medical rep, earn good salary and built my own house with other properties. I wrote this to encourage someone out there.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by egopersonified(f): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
Superbrain:

PS: I knew no man. Called no one. Applied to every single job with faith in my heart, the word in my mouth and seed on the altar of God. Today I'm a living testimony. Have faith! - Superbrain, nairaland, feb 2015

Quote of life.
Re: Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs by HAkorehdeh(m): 1:14pm On May 20, 2015
Iluv:
I graduated with a 2.2 from university, however i am moving up my young career in the IT division of Banks. I have worked for 2banks post NYSC.

Ideally, i consider myself a 2.1 material which gives me enough confidence to defend myself where necessary. I have had people ask me if i graduated with a 2.1 or first class when dey see my projects in these banks.

Yes there is a challenge for people that graduated with 2.2, but i must say i have been favored by God, not connection thingy. Just do your best and be ontop of your game. 2.2 is no excuse not to know your onions.

my journey to 2.2 was a long one as i had 5 carryovers in my first semester yr 1 in university. ever since then, i resolved to clear all and graduate with a 2.1 at least. though i tried my best, i actually graduated with a 3.46 CGPA which is 0.4 less than the 2.1 mark.

This really inspired me!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If It Were You, What Would Be Your Reaction? (must see photo) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment For Graduate Tellers / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.