Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? (39420 Views)

Buhari Writes NASS, Seeks To Borrow $5.851bn For Railway Projects / FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others / Revealed: Majority Of Those Who Returned Looted Money Are APC – Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2015
Light rail and monorails are expected to be costlier than standard gauge. grin Even as that, Lagos own is largely elevated. From Olile to Marina are all expected to be elevated. The costs of electing these hundreds of columns means the general cost is tripled if not more. We don't even discuss the cost of securing right of way. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by themano: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2015
barcanista:
Do you know that the Amaechi and Fashola light rail are at an elevated altitude therefore propped by pillars which will undoubtedly increase it's cost?
Have you considered other logistics?

compensation? Shipping of materials? lands? etal?

How can you calculate based on KM only? Not saying that the project wasn't over-bloated though

Oh what a load of rubbish. Defending the undefendable.

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by komek(m): 8:33am On Feb 14, 2015
barcanista:
Do you know that the Amaechi and Fashola light rail are at an elevated altitude therefore propped by pillars which will undoubtedly increase it's cost?

How can you calculate based on KM only? Not saying that the project wasn't over-bloated though

I have always known that u r empty upstairs.

The above costs u mentioned are they not applicable to the one built by the FG? Pillar ko POP ni.

Let's call a spade a spade and not all these nonsense u just talked above.

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:35am On Feb 14, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. I hear that.

From the outside looking in, you can't help but get mad at the arrogance and how brazen the elites are in enriching themselves, at the expensive of the poor folks...who look half-dead. That's the humanity in you, and being averse to seeing disadvantaged folks being cheated out of their just due.

However, once you analyse the stupidity of these sycophantic pseuds...you'll understand why those folks don't care. And can you really blame them since life is about the survival of the fittest, and maximising every opportunity? - classic capitalism.

Then, when you realise that poorest don't have access to the internet; their voices can't be heard; most of them don't understand what's going on; and they want the best out of life but just don't have what it takes to demand it. Humanity will kick in again.

The funniest thing is that: it's not like these folks are indoctrinated with anything, like other countries where everything is controlled. These folks are just used to poverty, underdevelopment, mediocrity, and lacking the best in life - and it's more or less a norm now. Hence they'd rather play the deceitful tripe, to maintain loyalty to what they aren't benefiting zilch from, rather than ask questions and demand their just due.

I'm out, man. grin

-i think u have leadership material enveloped all over u, next time comeover n contest for a post n stop sitting in anoda mans country to mock us. do u knw hw they built the country u r living in? i bet u u dont even send a dime to ur people back home cos ur type are lazy n feeds fat from government subsidized foods in food malls. do think speaking english is what made the country you eloped to what it is, bros action not words! next time come over i will personally buy u the form n u reel out what u gonna n hw u gonna do it, stop speaking thrash with free internet facilitites being made possible by patriotic citizens of that country. big ode!

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by babestella: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2015
darksuit:
Minister of works abi finance
Who be their Oga @ the top
If ur clueless dude thinks they're stealing
cash, y cant he expose and deal
with them comprehensively if he is really
the hero you make him look like.
Please be sensible next time.
Thank you for ur anticipated cooperation.

Sai Buhari

P.S.-I dont think d info gan is correct

Your clue foo0l general is being sponsored by the money stolen by Amaechi or you want to tell me he doesn't know that he is being sponsored with stolen funds? Please give GEJ a break. Just because you want power at all cost doesn't give you the right to insult GEJ.

By the way the information about LAGOS rail is not correct, I think the money spent so far covers both the rail and the road construction projects though it doesn't rule out over invoicing. OP check your facts.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by rildwanullahi(m): 8:36am On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:
More than 60% of the Lagos Blue rail is over the lagoon while the fg's is on the ground.

Amaechi i bow o, 150 billion for that nonsense?
av u seen do project by all amaechi. it's an overhead railway and he started it while in pdp
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by ojsmscom(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2015
ALL I KNOW IS THAT I SMELL CORRUPTION
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by MizMyColi(f): 8:40am On Feb 14, 2015
I was here to donate likes smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by copious101(m): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Benefit of doubt when all signals point to one single thing?
no vex oooooo! Na only ur signal and d APC's own not all ok?
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by ba7man(m): 8:46am On Feb 14, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Light rail and monorails are expected to be costlier than standard gauge. grin Even as that, Lagos own is largely elevated. From Olile to Marina are all expected to be elevated. The costs of electing these hundreds of columns means the general cost is tripled if not more. We don't even discuss the cost of securing right of way. cheesy
You're intelligent.

Firstly, remove GEJ's trains from the equation, the project simply involves pouring granite on the ground and laying tracks on it. Basic stuff.

Ask these questions before comparing the Addis Ababa light rail and the Lagos light rail.

(1) Is the addis Ababa light rail constructed on swampy soil like the one found in the orile/ iganmu axis which the lagos light rail is constructed??

(2) Did they embark on a relocation of land owners, compensation of occupants, demolition of densely populated areas for kms like the Lagos light rail??

(3) What is the total elevated sections of the Addis Ababa light rail, what materials were used, did the involve inserting piles deep into the ground for stability of the concrete footings of the elevated sections like the Lagos light rail??.

(4) Does the Addis Abab light rail come with a 10 lane expressway complete with pedestrian bridges and bustops??

(5) Does the Adis Ababa light rail include a bridge spanning a Lagoon like the Lagos light rail is supposed to??

Scale, soil conditions, ease and cost of securing right of way of both projects should be a major consideration when discussing cost of both projects.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by darksuit(m): 8:47am On Feb 14, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

u guys talk as if u r from one thick village witout books n electricity. do u kn d components of democracy n that all leaders from governors to presidents have immunity guidng dem from certain arrests?
peopl call jona clueless but in the real sense its u those callng him clueless that are. so jona shud leave his constitutional duties n go to lagos n ffight fashola for stealng his state blind wif white elephant projects? 1km of roads equals 1biLLION NAIRA, we dey she shomching oooooooooo!

where u see arrest for my post?
If na say Fashola Rig election, he no go get duties again o

P.S.- I do live in a thick village without
books n electricity. But there is a sacred
tree in the village square that allows me to
surf the web and post on nairaland!
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by darksuit(m): 8:51am On Feb 14, 2015
babestella:

Your clue foo0l general is being sponsored by the money stolen by Amaechi or you want to tell me he doesn't know that he is being sponsored with stolen funds? Please give GEJ a break. Just because you want power at all cost doesn't give you the right to insult GEJ.

By the way the information about LAGOS rail is not correct, I think the money spent so far covers both the rail and the road construction projects though it doesn't rule out over invoicing. OP check your facts.

It's because of u o. Let me see ...
Tell Jona that his 2 hour break
is from 9-11 am today

Don't thank me thank God grin
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Centurion13(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2015
There is a difference between a Tram (mono rail) and a train. A tram is powered by electricity and it is within the metropolis. compensations are paid to home owners and in some instances are built across seas or oceans just like in Lagos. The cost of constructing those large stockpiles across the sea will surely make the cost to skyrocket. Trains are different and technology of a Tram or mono rail is a bit complex than a train or rail.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Dmano: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2015
D shouting of kworoption in Buhari voice is my problem,if u ask me have they solve all d problems in apc states finished?has anybody not gone 2 bed hungry?is there anybody dat apc have been bringing food 2 their doorsteps?u can answer 4urself
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by naijanaso: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2015
darksuit:
Minister of works abi finance
Who be their Oga @ the top
If ur clueless dude thinks they're stealing
cash, y cant he expose and deal
with them comprehensively if he is really
the hero you make him look like.
Please be sensible next time.
Thank you for ur anticipated cooperation.

Sai Buhari

P.S.-I dont think d info gan is correct

GO AND FIX YOUR HEAD. GO FOR CHECKS.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by vparle(m): 9:10am On Feb 14, 2015
APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16
disastrous
years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and
several ills
of society held sway.
But at a very close look at the APC, I am seeing:
1. Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years speaker; 7 year, Governor
under PDP.
2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president under PDP.
3. George Akume – 8 years Governor under PDP.
4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor; 2 years, Senator
under PDP.
5. Timipre Sylver – 4 years Governor under PDP.
6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years Chairmanship of the PDP.
7. Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of
Representativesunder PDP.
8. Chris Ngige – 3 years Governor under PDP.
9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor; 3 years
Defense minister under PDP.
10. El Rufai – 4 years FCT Minister; 2 years BPE
chairman under PDP.
11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the
APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as
the maximum ruler of Nigeria.
It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the
people
who created and perpetuated the 16 disastrous years are now dumped.
So where
is the change coming from? Are they now saints because they joined
APC?
Pls be WISE & VOTE not for those seeking power by FORCE
ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS (APC )
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Osakah24(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2015
jaybee3:
Value of land and/or real estate to be compensated exactly the same?
undecided undecided
If you consider this then abuja rail should be more expensive.,,I have seen amaechis light rail, it doesn't even serve half of ph,Abuja rail line had to demolish houses worth millions in dutse,kubwa,bwari, deidei,saburi,gwagwa, and beyond. I leave very close to the rail line in kubwa and I know the speed the construction took, even at night you hear their machine working, Currently they are through with the rails, the only thing left is the bridges crossing the rail and its drainage system. Even if I dont vote GOODLUCK, the man has really done something that sentiments aside buhari might not get to before 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by dapsonlou(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Jaybee if it was GEJ the first thing you would do is shout he is corrupt, he is clueless. You never give him the benefit of doubt like you do to you pseudo agents of change. etc ... here you are rushing to make excuses for clear case of corruption and gross mis-management of funds.

Do you know how much land cost in Lagos? They have to pay people along the pat of the rail. Land is not free.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by naijanaso: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2015
Kenai:
Picture of Amaechi as he commissions the ultra-modern white elephant.

APC is working.
Change is coming.

angry grin angry Amaechi, Amaechi, Amaechi, how many times I calk you.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by odogwux(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2015
sleekymag:

If you stay in Abuja or have been to places like Kubwa in Abuja, you'll see the standard gauge tracks are entirely new, with government having to construct new bridges for vehicular movement here and there. I'd find time to take some pics and upload.

That kid has never left london in his life talkless of seeing Abuja. If you know the number of homeowners that FG is paying off for homes demolished in Kubwa alone you would shiver. These APC supporters are amusing to watch as they contort into weird shapes just to justify nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by darksuit(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2015
naijanaso:

GO AND FIX YOUR HEAD. GO FOR CHECKS.

I am so sorry.
I did not know your head was
damaged/faulty
May God see you through
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by chamboy(m): 9:24am On Feb 14, 2015
laprince:

Lacks leadership, yet he is leading
U ar spent!!! Finished!!
leading me to where bokoharam, Mismanagement, politisation of Armed forces. High Umemployment Rate
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by chibecanglobal(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2015
jaybee3:

I've never criticised for the fun of it bro.
Do you have evidence to back up your claim?

We also have an ongoing crossrail project in the uk (118km costing about 16 billion pounds).

You can't just compare cost per kilometre since the factors considered when costing and components aren't the same.

You should know this bro!
Even between a 4km(PH Mono rail) versus 187km(Abuja)?
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Mrbigman1(m): 9:46am On Feb 14, 2015
kekakuz:
H

H Holodo
Lol
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by obailala(m): 9:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
Can APC Explain This...

Below is Addis Ababa light rail commissioned recently. It covers 46 Km and cost $475 Million (N 71.2 Billion) .
>> http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/urban/single-view/view/addis-ababa-light-rail-test-running-begins.html

(Goodluck Jonathan) Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail project to commence operation in March 2015 covers 187.5km . It cost (N 80 Billion).
>>http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/abuja-kaduna-rail-line-delivered-dec-fg/

(Ameachi of APC) Port Harcourt Mono Rail date of completion unknown, covers 4Km and has gulped (N 150 Billion).
>> http://businessdayonline.com/2013/05/rivers-n150bn-monorail-project-to-be-completed-2015/

(Fashola of Lagos) Lagos Light Rail date of completion unknown, covers 57Km and has consumed (N 160 billion Billion)
>> http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

Who are the thieves? Who are the looters? Who are we suppose to sweep out of office?

You dont expect a 27km long 'bridge' going through a densely populated and built up city to cost the same as a rail track laid on flat dry ground, do you?

Here are sample pictures of different portions of the overhead Lagos light rail.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1801878_lagosrail_jpeg2fc1120624e2bf79441d183203b5eeb2
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by anwo247: 10:14am On Feb 14, 2015
APC are bundle of thieves. If they are not stealing money, they wld be stealing qualification.

It is only a foolish man that would think that the corruption that started decades ago in Nigeria, wld be terminated in 4 years by Jonathan. The first coup in the 60s in nigeria was based on corruption, the same corruption with which BUHARI joined the ARMY with Awaiting result.....

TINUBU cannot be part of what is good. Jonathan will flaw them like no man's business on the day of election. Their hope of winning was simply based on the unequal distribution of PVC across the federation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Themandator: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2015
jaybee3:
Value of land and/or real estate to be compensated exactly the same?
undecided undecided

SEE how you have deodorized and then sanctified outright THIEVERY, YES, Jonathan says we should stop misusing the word corruption, just because of your affiliation to the APC

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Themandator: 10:23am On Feb 14, 2015
obailala:

You dont expect a 27km long 'bridge' going through a densely populated and built up city to cost the same as a rail track laid on flat dry ground, do you?

Here are sample pictures of different portions of the overhead Lagos light rail.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1801878_lagosrail_jpeg2fc1120624e2bf79441d183203b5eeb2

How much is too much to allocate to 57km bridge not entirely crossing rivers and lakes ... Mind you, the stated Amount is what has been expended not total cost.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Malawian(m): 10:33am On Feb 14, 2015
GoldCircle:
just imagine? Ehn! I weep for your parents. Na person pickin be dis o! This is your stock in trade. Your profession! To make people's peni.s bigger?! I sorry for you!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lwkmd

but how about your moniker cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2015
barcanista:

[b]
In addition to this, Billions of naira from the total sum so far went into compensation of buildings and facilities to owners of facilities that had to be demolished. This is particularly so for [/b]Amaechi.
Re: Why Are APC Railway Projects So Expensive? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2015
The op obviously has no idea about these things
deemdeem:

[b]
In addition to this, Billions of naira from the total sum so far went into compensation of buildings and facilities to owners of facilities that had to be demolished. This is particularly so for [/b]Amaechi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why There Are Doubts That A REAL Chibok Girl Was Found - Cramjones / Reno Omokri Blasts El-Rufai For Withdrawing His Son From A Public School / Afenifere Rejects Tinubu’s Victory, Insists Obi Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.