Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo (3034 Views)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / Gabriel Daudu Loses At Appeal Court After Being Jailed For 154 Years / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Gerardcole(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2015

Former President has unleashed another attacks on President Goodluck Jonathan, acussing him of playing politics of do-or-die like President of Côte d’Ivoire, Laurent Gbagbo and that Jonathan is afraid of being jailed by Buhari if he loses.

Obasanjo said this on Saturday at his hiltop mansion in Abeokuta while speaking with newsmen shortly after he came back to the country from his overseas trips.

Obasanjo while reacting to the postponement of the election said, the postponement of the election was a grand plan by Jonathan and his cronies to perpetuate office till the situation becomes clear that the election would favour him.

He acussed Jonathan of playing a brand of politics played by President Gbagbo who he said had delayed the presidential election of the country and when he eventually conducted the election and lost refused to leave the office.

According to Obasanjo, I was away because I had a number of assignment abroad which took me to Morocco, Munich, Nairobi, London and New Delhi. Exactly a week today, when we were in Munich for what they called Munich security conferences annual event and all people who are in security community normally, you found them there.

“For this year, the Vice President of America was there, the Secretary of State, John Kerry was there, the Chancellor of Federal Republic of Germany was there, President of Ukraine was there and many others.

“I was there with Koffie Annan, our side was to talk about peace and security in Africa, I was to handle the African perspective while Koffie Annan was to look at it from the global perspective.

“While I was out, I refused to make any categorical statement on this issue because I wanted to come back home and learn at first hand what actually transpired and what was going on, and it turned out to be a forced decision on the INEC because it was alleged that the Security Chiefs were unable to provide security and as a result the Chairman of INEC had to postpone, in accordance with the dictates of the so called Security Chiefs.

“I thought for me, that was bad precedent for democracy in Nigeria, it meant it doesn’t matter what preparation or lack of preparation any electoral body could make in Nigeria, the final decision weather election will take place on the day scheduled for it lies in the domains of the security, it is a sad day for democracy in Nigeria.

“And I will say this, we must all feel concern before democracy is killed. The observable and what would appear to be happening is that the president has a grand plan, a grand plan to ensure that by hook or by crook, he wins the election or if it all fails, they scuttles it and create chaos, confusion and unpleasantness in the whole country.

“Because it is the duty and function and responsibility of the security officers to provide security, the President is the Chief Security of the country and he is the Commander in Chief and if security is required anywhere anytime, it is his duty to provide it, failure to provide it is deriliction of duty, pure and simple.

“Either the President following his own grand plan or his aides and associates are working a script, they are playing a script which must not got his endorsement if not initiated from him.

“What again it looks to me is that the President is trying to playing Gbagbo, Gbagbo was the former President of Cote d’Ivoire and Gbagbo made sure he postponed the election in his country until he was sure he would win and then allowed the election to take place, he got an inconclusive election in the first ballot and I believe this is the sort of thing Nigeria may fall into if I am right in what I observed as the grand plan and then in the run-off, Gbgbo lost with 8% behind Ouattara and then refused to hand over. All reasonable persuasion and pleading was rebuffed by him and he unleashed horror in that country until nemesis caught up with him.

“I believe that we may be seeing the repeat of Gbabgo or what I called Gbagbo saga here in Nigeria, I hope not .

http://www./forum/general/news/8981-jonathan-afraid-being-jailed-by

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-afraid-jailed-buhari-loses-obasanjo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by SeverusSnape(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obasanjo is an elder but definitely not a statesman, what rubbish!...He doesn't even have that moral justification to be talking against Jonathan, was it not the same Obasanjo who wanted a third term?... This tyrant!, he's now a saint over night.

As a matter of fact, Gbagbo cannot be compared to Jonathan in any ramification, Jonathan is a Democrat and have stated categorically that he'll relinquish power if he loses(which is unlikely). If that happens, Buhari won't dare it, Jonathan is clean as stainless, let him go and jail Atiku, Tinubu, and even you(obasanjo).

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by NWANICHODE: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obj talking anyhow since 1700

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by ozoigbondu: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Let me guess if jonathan is imprisoned if he loses,which will not happen, Obj ,atiku,tinubu,tambolo,sarki,amaechi and all other corrupt fools that found comfort in 'progressive' APC will be spared and designated as saints because they support buhari.GEJ also promised to hand over if he loses that will never happen

Buhari cannot just come into power (not going to happen) and throw gej to jail just like that.This is democracy he has to be judged by the courts and knowing our judicary jonah will go scot free of any trumped up charges or better drag the case for years

By the way why is the media still giving this irrelvant grumpy senile old man time and attention he craves pls just ignore him

GEJ till 2019

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by MissEse: 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
OBJ trying to stay relevant. He shud respect his age n status na

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2015

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Rilwayne001: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
You are on point baba

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by marveangel(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Now OBJ is a saint abi....remind me again how many billions were spent on electricity during his era...what was the outcome??....Baba Go look bush abeg no be u better.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by IfyAwazie(f): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
Talking from experience.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by buskie13(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
no one should address OBJ as baba anymore..
..he's lost every sense of reasoning an elder possesses ....Obj is an insult to all Nigerians....imagine de devil himself talking trash.....let Goodluck win and watch himself cool off in jail for de remaining years he has on earth.... useless old cargo

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by stepo707: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Baba STFU angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Mutuwa(m): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
He is also guilty if proven..now he want's to cry wolf
All truth must pass thru 3 stages

1. It is ridiculed

2. It is violently opposed

3. It is accepted as self evident.

Sai buhari..

Haters/love children Go sit on the Op's stove.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by lakpalakpa: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Very true....

OBJ is spot on...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by baybeeboi: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Has anyone seen Obasanjo?
He just ran out of the psychiatric and is nowhere to be found.
Please if seen call 911.......he is completely mad and dangerous

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
This man Is one of the people destroying this country....

God bless the future generation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by auntymi(f): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obj again undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Kylekent59: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fp tins
Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
GEJ deserves a time behing bars...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obasanjo understands quite well that another 4 years for GEJ will dump him and his 8 years administration into the bottomless pit of irrelevance and unmatchable comparison in terms of performance. All what he is doing is to ensure that this doesn't happen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by pring: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
If not for JonaTANs massive corruption and cluelessness for the past 6yr.
He wouldnt have being going round for campaign.
He wouldnt have being politically gasping for air.
Buhari today is being celebrated because of Jonathans failures.
Jonathans achivements exist only on papers and not on ground, imagine GEJ n PDP running TV adverts on AIT n NTA on catoons and animations simply becos they have nothing to show Nigeria.
Exconvicts are given national awards.
I regret voting him and dumbo who signed a N9.3bn contract on purchase of cooking stoves from south Africa, 6day after Ngozi warned the nation to tighten their belt over her Austerity measure.
I cant imagine this set of people run the affairs of this nation for the 4 yrs.
This time they have lost my household vote.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obasanjo maybe spot on tho anyway

Click like for GMB
Click share for GEJ.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
[size=18pt]Obasanjo is destroying this country at his old age[/size]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by gists: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
MissEse:
OBJ trying to stay relevant. He shud respect his age n status na
@MissEse, did you read this part?

Gerardcole:

“For this year, the Vice President of America was there, the Secretary of State, John Kerry was there, the Chancellor of Federal Republic of Germany was there, President of Ukraine was there and many others.

“I was there with Koffie Annan, our side was to talk about peace and security in Africa, I was to handle the African perspective while Koffie Annan was to look at it from the global perspective.

OBJ is still very much relevant - both on local and int'l issues. Now imagine GEJ loses, do you think the int'l community will look his way when African issues are being discussed? Amanpour of CNN already described corruption under GEJ as galloping. That tells alot of what the int'l community thinks of him. Do I need to talk about the recent Al jazeera description? Who will invite GEJ to this kind of int'l event whenever he leaves office?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Osama10(m): 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
marveangel:
Now OBJ is a saint abi....remind me again how many billions were spent on electricity during his era...what was the outcome??....Baba Go look bush abeg no be u better.

[size=15pt]$16.6 Billion[/size]
Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Hunkuyee: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
Haba Mr. Obasanjo is it by force that you must be heard? Of all atrocities you committed in your eight years of misrule who among the past leaders interfare in your governance? After all who was the architect of our misfortune in Nigeria today if not you? Please stop decieving innocent Nigerians if you can not proper solution to the problem you have created keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Ovamboland(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Postponement of the elections because the commander in chief cannot guarantee security nationwide is a clear case of dereliction of duty. This tantamount to high treason against a constitutional right of every Nigerian which is an impeachable offence. At the very least Jonathan should resign his appointment for allowing that fiasco to take place.

To further compound the situation he came out on national TV to feign ignorance about the decision to postpone elections, obvious lies, how nasty!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by DuchessLily(f): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Baba shege u too should be jailed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by SHOLADOYEKAZEEM: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
without sentiment OBJ is not a saint but then you can never compare him with Jonathan in term of international recognition no matter what OBJ he s still a political menthol as far as Nigerian is concerned in diaspora

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by bondingman: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
I remember obj for statements like;
'Na ur mama b Jaga Jaga, na ur papa b jagajaga'
Thought he's grown up after that
but no
he's grown more childish

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
Even the OBJ talking won't remain in Nigeria if Buhari wins unless they've signed an agreement. Buhari takes no prisoners. kill em all
Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by Realdeals(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Tor! i tired for Baba Iyabo
Re: Jonathan Afraid Of Being Jailed By Buhari If He Looses - Obasanjo by menesheh(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
Becoming a noice maker instead of a stateman

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accept Gay Rigth, And We Will Help You Fight Boko Haram - USA / When Beggars Die.. A Tribute Late Jibrin Mamman Vatsa And His Late Parent. / President Putin's Speech At The UN -- Says 'Do You Realise What You've Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.