Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (268040 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, Thanks...
Let's hope so cheesy

God bless your home dear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Evina(f): 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Marvellous God. You had your wedding on Tuesday. smiley
Are you on honeymoon tinz now? wink
May the joy and laughter you experienced on that day NEVER cease in your home. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Preternatura1(f): 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello everyone.

Floodgater, how are you dear? Babyosisi, hello.

I think his mum doesn't like me and he's acting all cold since my return yesterday, I think he's not happy I didn't go to his mum's.

I called to say hi and she told me, she doesn't think I'm the one for her son, that I couldn't even bring down myself to honor her invite, what does this even mean?

I don't understand it, I mean I told her I couldn't make it.

I haven't really talked with him but I think his mum's told him she doesn't want me, how do I handle this please?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Hello everyone.

I think his mum doesn't like me and he's acting all cold since my return yesterday, I think he's not happy I didn't go to his mum's.

I called to say hi and she told me, she doesn't think I'm the one for her son, that I couldn't even bring down myself to honor her invite, what does this even mean?

I haven't really talked with him but I think his mum's told him she doesn't want me, how do I handle this please?

Just keep calm.she is offended you couldn't come but I don't blame you for not going to spend time with her without her son there.why would your man even ask you to go spend Easter with his mom when he won't be there.
The woman is unwise for saying those words .
This tells you that your journey with her if you eventually marry the son will not be easy initially
You have to find out exactly how your man feels about this
That is very crucial
If after your explanation,he is siding his mom and sees nothing valid in your reasons,red flags ought to go up in your head about future occurrences.
Watch and pray and watch again
This period of courtship is very crucial,do not overlook anything that goes on here
I knew at courtship I would have issues with my MIL
Not only did my hubby tell me his mom was a tough woman,I experienced some little things
The most important deciding factor for you is the man
Is he on your side and standing with you or at least being understanding
You need to make sure of that
You don't want to speak an entire married life trying to please his mother

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by dapsy4u2(m): 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Just keep calm.she is offended you couldn't come but I don't blame you for not going to spend time with her without her son there.why would your man even ask you to go spend Easter with his mom when he won't be there.
This tells you that your journey with her if you eventually marry the son will not be easy initially
That is very crucial
If after your explanation,he is siding his mom and sees nothing valid in your reasons,red flags ought to go up in your head about future occurrences.
This period of courtship is very crucial,do not overlook anything that goes on here
Not only did my hubby tell me his mom was a tough woman,I experienced some little things

PARDON ME, BUT A BIG NO NO @ THE BOLDED

12 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Preternatura1(f): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

That is very crucial
I am upset at what she said but I'll be calm and talk to him about it, I'm just kind of confused as I thought she understood when I told her I already had plans, when I told him I couldn't go, he didn't push, though it was obvious he wasn't happy about it, still I expect him to understand.

Saturday is usually date night but I will ask him we do it tomorrow, so we can talk.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your help, it's highly appreciated.

How are you doing? Hope you had a fun easter?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Sunnypar(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
When is the right time to start defining your relationship; Is it
too, forward talking about settling down as soon as you meet someone?
S.H.A.R.E to inspire
#SLI #IFM923
what are you thoughts?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
I am upset at what she said but I'll be calm and talk to him about it, I'm just kind of confused as I thought she understood when I told her I already had plans, when I told him I couldn't go, he didn't push, though it was obvious he wasn't happy about it, still I expect him to understand.

Saturday is usually date night but I will ask him we do it tomorrow, so we can talk.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your help, it's highly appreciated.

How are you doing? Hope you had a fun easter?

And when you speak about it don't speak in anger or sound confrontational
No matter how hurt you are,remember she is still his mother and he loves her
Thanks for asking about me
We are doing fine
Had a lovely Easter but left early next morning for some work outside my base
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Opiosko: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Hello everyone.

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Opiosko: 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Hello everyone.

Relax and be urslf. When i was little abt 9yrs old, a cousin brought one fine gurl home nd said he want to marry her... The gurl saw HELL mehn, she was called names, and chased outta the house. Everyone of our extended family was against her. Fast foward to today, she's 5&6 with everyone. She's earned the respect of the whole family and she stands as the second favourite wife.....So just relax, keep cool and be urslf.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Opiosko:
Relax and be urslf. When i was little abt 9yrs old, a cousin brought one fine gurl home nd said he want to marry her... The gurl saw HELL mehn, she was called names, and chased outta the house. Everyone of our extended family was against her. Fast foward to today, she's 5&6 with everyone. She's earned the respect of the whole family and she stands as the second favourite wife.....So just relax, keep cool and be urslf.

Na wa for your family
I hope they know about karma aka sowing and reaping
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Opiosko: 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Na wa for your family
I hope they know about karma aka sowing and reaping
Hahaha! It was one hell of an event. We the children even composed a dance song to mock her sef.I have always asked myslf what her crime was..... Abt Karma, forgerit joor, e no dey catch people who ar making innocent mistake.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Opiosko:
Hahaha! It was one hell of an event. We the children even composed a dance song to mock her sef.I have always asked myslf what her crime was..... Abt Karma, forgerit joor, e no dey catch people who ar making innocent mistake.

No seriously
A woman I know that chased her daughter in law away because she was barren had her own daughter chased away and she also had no kids
I hope they have apologized to her or their daughters may taste the same thing

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Opiosko: 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

No seriously
A woman I know that chased her daughter in law away because she was barren had her own daughter chased away and she also had no kids
I hope they have apologized to her or their daughters may taste the same thing
The situation is nt same na. It was nt an act of wickedness. She was misjudged a gold digger.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Hello everyone.
I'm awesome dear, you too try and be of good spirit. I think your man didnt do a good job of telling his mum about you and defending you well and early enough, it is not as if you werent going to go at all. When you meet with him, be calm, dont be angry with him or the mum but firmly state to him that he has a duty always to protect you. Its obvious he is still like an only son even with other siblings and kind of still cling to the mum, he really should start "maning up" to loosen his hold on the mum. It is not everytime, his mother does not want something that he will start feeling bad at his and your expense. I know considering where he is coming from, his mum mean the whole world but he should consider if he wants to include you in the world or keeping letting his mum be the sole owner. Tell him you understand how much his mum means to him and how much he wants her to mean much to you. Assure him, you also want to share same relationship with the mum but he has to help you too. Remind him the fears that made you not to go and let him put himself in your shoes. Without mincing words, tell him you know his mum doesnt like you not because she knows you enough but because of the misconceptions due to disparity in backgrounds. Shock him with fact that your family could have done same and declare him unfit for you but for you always portraying him as good. Again assure him you want to share in the relationship he has with the mum and still have it in mind to see her with him there. He may be thinking you dont like him or ashame or dont want to associate with his background from what his mum told him (this the meaning of the mum's stament about honoring request). As for his mum, please still be patient with her, i strongly believe she acting base on preconceived notions of girls in your class but she doesnt know you enough to think you are unfit neither do you know her enough to think she doesnt like you. I'm most interested in whether your man is ready to convince his mum you are different, protect and defend you from even his mum. Get the answer from him. *modified* it occured to me that you didnt tell him not the mum of your real fears but just that you already had plans, then i kind of understand his coldness after what the mum told him. If it was what you did then apologise, state your true fears before telling him of my earlier post. Even though you are not yet his family, he want to have this assurance that you can value him and his family above friends. I am sure would want same, besides at some point you made him believed or expected you would make it.

6 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2015
Evina:

It is shallow people who are not wise enough to build their home on the right foundation that make ignorant statements like, "you are not yet married to him, therefore you don't have a stake in his life".

If you and a man have decided to be man and wife, you enter into courtship. Courtship is the time you decide the kind of marriage you want and then proceed to lay the required foundation for that type of marriage. You do NOT wait to enter into marriage before you start putting the bricks that lays the foundation in place.

I decided from when I started earning a living that I WANTED to submit to a man wholly. With my finances too. I didn't want to be that woman that had a secret bank account or secret asset. The bible says, " a man shall leave his mum and dad and cleave to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

Therefore, if the two of us have become one flesh, there should be no selfish agenda instigated by distrust. This understanding helped me choose a man that shared the same values. I couldn't trust the first guy with money. If I give him some money to keep for me, he would squander on frivolous things. He wasn't open about his finances.

My current and I are very open and transparent with our finances. I know every detail of his earnings, he knows about mine. We have one joint account for projects and individual accounts, to which we both have access to the ATM cards. It has been a very peaceful and mutually beneficial arrangement. The key to pulling such, is absolute trust. When each party trusts the other, transparency will come naturally.

If the man can trust that the woman is not out to take advantage of his financial status, but actually there to help and improve things, he will be open.

Also, I believe a godly woman MUST earn a living. It is ungodly to be slothful and you will be falling short as a woman, to not have your own earnings. The virtuous woman is a perfect guide.

So please, develop that skill to commercial level, strive to stay successful at it, you will see that he will respect you more.

All the best. kiss
smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Hei! Is a lie ooo...so your type still dey market? Kai! *screams* Veave o!!!!! Grab it! noooooooooooooow!!! grin
people like that exist o ID. On a more serious note, I still feel awkward when someone serve me food. I have been used to going into the kitchen to my food. No woman can do me shakara as I have hands to cook my food.

I have seen cases where women use food to starve their husband over little quarrel.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2015
nannymcphee:

So how do you differentiate the above from guys who share the No sex policy due to religious beliefs?

By differentiate, how can you tell tell if his stance is due to medical reasons or religious reasons
To be able to differentiate a guy/person whose no sex before marriage stance is base on religion/morals or low libido or something is to engage him in deep sex talk. His ideas, opinions, takes on the different aspects of sex will give you an idea of his true stance. If he shows interest, talks freely, he is open and enthusiatic, even shares his personal likes and dislikes, then he is good to go with marriage. But if he is lacking in most of the aformentioned aspects, then there is a problem. Try to see the underlying cause. The problem could be low libido caused as a result of his natural or biological makeup (little or nothing can be done to help this) or as a result of his mind trained to hate or see sex as bad- the person can be helped by exposing him to sex talks, books and relevant materials that will re-orientate and transform his mind. Yet again, there's another group that may be enthusiatic, interested in sex during courtship but cant perform well after marriage, this deep sex talk will expose where he is lacking or ignorant on the matter in time. It is mostly due to the person's inability to acquire enough information on things like how the opposite sex works in relation to sex, what's current in sex matters and the likes, exposure will also save alot here. Finally the one with medical underlying which most times can only be detected medically should be medically solved.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
iwatch:
people like that exist o ID. On a more serious note, I still feel awkward when someone serve me food. I have been used to going into the kitchen to my food. No woman can do me shakara as I have hands to cook my food.

I have seen cases where women use food to starve their husband over little quarrel.

You and Idowuogbo shud leme alone embarassed embarassed embarassed

Am not n the mood angry
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
veave:

Am not n the mood angry
lol... but no one is holding you na.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
iwatch:

I have seen cases where women use food to starve their husband over little quarrel
I hate this shyte! very petty move. Like say,e no go comot house go order the same food for buka. I don't why some women use food as a means of getting back at men. E no fit work!
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
veave:

Am not n the mood angry
See this babe,I dey recruit better meat for you,you dey do shakara abi? Ok o! angry
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
Idowuogbo:

See this babe,I dey recruit better meat for you,you dey do shakara abi? Ok o! angry

I no do shakara o. You don tell am sey i no sabi turn semo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
iwatch:
lol... but no one is holding you na.

You sabi turn semo undecided
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
veave:

grin
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
veave:

grin grin grin
You are really serious with this turning semo business. You sef. cheesy
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
veave:

I go turn Amala, Eba... even pound yam for you smiley

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
iwatch:
I go turn Amala, Eba... even pound yam for you smiley

Wey your adress abeg?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Herzumpther:
You are really serious with this turning semo business. You sef. cheesy

I gaghi a ghota.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by FOREXMART(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Herzumpther:
grin

Herrrrrrzieeeeeeeeeeeeee leeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
FOREXMART:

Herrrrrrzieeeeeeeeeeeeee leeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hahahahaha. Where have you been oga? You keep going. Not good o. cry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.