Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (268076 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by FOREXMART(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hahahahaha. Where have you been oga? You keep going. Not good o. cry.

Nnem i am contesting for chieftaincy title but INEC omitted my party from the ballot passport. That's what am pursuing up and down lol.

How have u been?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
FOREXMART:

Nnem i am contesting for chieftaincy title but INEC omitted my party from the ballot passport. That's what am pursuing up and down lol.

How have u been?
Lol. No wonder i didn't hear of young party again lol. I'm good o.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
MarvellousGod must be enjoying honeymoon now
Na wa o
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2015
babyosisi:
MarvellousGod must be enjoying honeymoon now
Na wa o
Lol... it has ended oo, DH resumed work today.... Then, white wedding plan in progress smiley

6 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
babyosisi:

I love that girl and the sincerity in her post
She has no clue how much her story has tweaked my long held notion of love and crazy love

Hahahahaha @ deactivating

Awww . . . humbled by this Nwanyi oma!

kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Lol... it has ended oo, DH resumed work today.... Then, white wedding plan in progress smiley

Awww . . Congrats.

I just love weddings . . . If only people knew how 'sweet' marriage can be.

People should be getting married EVERYDAY! embarassed cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2015
babyosisi:

Knowing your mistake and your shortcomings is half the problem solved
I remember the igbotic sumtin you said earlier and from the way you described him then it didn't look like you had any amorous feelings for him but now that you have spoken in some details about yourself,it makes more sense,the issue is more with you than him.
It doesn't make you a bad person
I will hate for you to lose a good man because you're judging him too harshly.
Can you confide in him and tell him you love him dearly but have a problem with showing affection and that he should bear with you while you work through this.if he knows you truly love and care about him he will be patient with you.

There is no other way to show affection and care but to show it
Be nice to him
Compliment him when you think he dressed well
Ask his opinion about stuff
When you call or see him,ask how he is doing and how his day is going
Listen attentively when he is speaking
Show him you care about him
On his birthday,do something special ,get a cake, a small gift like a good tie, a good card ,cook his favorite meal and celebrate that with him
When he is hurting,show him you care by speaking words of comfort
Ask about those most dear to him like his mom and dad
When he takes you to go visit his mom,occasionally get her a small gift e.g perfume,a set of handkerchiefs etc and sit and talk with her
If he has nieces and nephews ,when you visit there with him,buy them a packet of biscuits.
Don't be judgmental,allow him to be himself and when you err be quick to apologize

There are little things you can do to show him you love him and care about him

God bless you my sister . . for this Wise words you have spoken!

We women can be so shallow sometimes and lose something great.

That's how I was following one phone-speaking boy and almost lost my husband, just because he was not the phone-speaking type.

Infact his catch-phrase back then was 'igbaa' . . . I used to consider it so so embarrassing. And when he spoke to me, he would always speak in Igbo . . Gosh, so uncool.

Not minding that he was a Professional oh, with a good job and a good heart . . I just wanted a supri supri speaking man. embarassed

Thank God God led me to him . . cool

A turn-around was when I saw him with this babe, chai, this girl fine pass me no be small . . She was finer, classier, richer, classier than me in every way, and she was all over HIM! shocked

But why not naw, not everyday you come across a tall dark and handsome man, who is below 30 and already very comfortable . . . working with great prospects.

Why he even wanted me, I don't know.

Thank God I opened my eyes . . Thanks God he loved me truly and was able to be patient with me and forgive me for all I did to him in the past.

@ Poster . . Babyosisi has said it all . . . Don't make a mistake you will regret forever.

5 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2015
How 'r you holding up preternatura 1?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
My Good People, ve missed our discussion for sometime. Where all of una hide, election is over and thank God we did not enter the lagoon as prescribed by the Oba of Lagos, so come out all

Pls house, what would you advise a lady that got a new guy (funny enof he's been asking me out for over 2yrs, but was in a rship then). Now I gave him a trial, we started talking, visited once and read all his epistle to me. Told him to give me time to get to study him bf accepting his proposals.

But me no understand his busy nature, he rarely calls. We do chat. Sometimes I just get angry and dnt call/chat. After warning him recently he started chatting frequently.

I am of d opinion that if you truly love someone as u professed, then nothing should be too busy for you to forget that person for a day. Am I on d right track or over reacting? Ideas on how to give him a push without sounding desperate? Abi, how una see this matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by dapsy4u2(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
gleatz:
My Good People, ve missed our discussion for sometime. Where all of una hide, election is over and thank God we did not enter the lagoon as prescribed by the Oba of Lagos, so come out all

Pls house, what would you advise a lady that got a new guy (funny enof he's been asking me out for over 2yrs, but was in a rship then). Now I gave him a trial, we started talking, visited once and read all his epistle to me. Told him to give me time to get to study him bf accepting his proposals.

But me no understand his busy nature, he rarely calls. We do chat. Sometimes I just get angry and dnt call/chat. After warning him recently he started chatting frequently.

I am of d opinion that if you truly love someone as u professed, then nothing should be too busy for you to forget that person for a day. Am I on d right track or over reacting? Ideas on how to give him a push without sounding desperate? Abi, how una see this matter?

Hi there, I may be wrong here, but what I feel and think is that he has his tentacles spread on some other ladies or he has a main chic who he devotes a better half of his time to (aside work) Hence the little time he has for you. As I said I may be wrong but that's what I feel for now. 2 years is such a long time a guy will be single.... Most def he'll have some other chics or a main chic.

Or on the other hand you should be careful, cos he may just want to use the power of sweet words and the tongue to get in between your legs.

In all don't be in a rush, desperate or to quick to give in.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
gleatz:
You have any reason good enough for him not to ask another lady out whilst still with you like he did to the her before you? You are not overreacting, any normal guy should be dying to hear from the girl he has been chasing and finally agrees. I'm more concerned about you than the ideas to make him do the needful. Watch it girl, you are helplessly falling in love before knowing him enough to. Soon you might not notice these cracks or at best join him make excuses if you continue like this. I say so because you want to profer solution or ideas to a problem you are not sure of. Know first the real reason for his actions, does he need to be push before you push so that you dont end up pushing him to giving you what you want not from his heart but because you wanted it. At this stage, your focus should not mainly be at the future he is dangling. Your major concern now should be more of his person, history, story etc until you reach the point you are sure you want to go the future with him. From communications and visits know whether his problem is that of teaching/pushing or he is not as interested as you are.

4 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by soreola(f): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
gleatz:

Check this out, I believe it's very relevant to your question:

https://instagram.com/p/1gPqTchRFc/
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dapsy4U et Floodgater;
Thanks for your contribution. One thing I promised mysef is never to make any excuse for any guy, not again.

This is d pix painted before me, ve known him way back in sch but not until 2yrs ago dat he started asking me out. He's been a church person though but am gonna look beyound d church thingy and concentrate on his personality more, exactly where I ve a prob with him.

Someone like me who thrive well in the atmosphere of utmost care, love, attention and mutual respect is not finding dis whole thing funny.
How can you be wooing me for 2yrs and after I said ok let's give it a trial, u relax and expect me to do the lovey dovey while u be @ d receiving end. Between Feb 14 and dis day, I can count visibly the no of times he has put a call across. Chatting na by force. This is a 38yr old guy for crying out loud. Younger guys wnt even do such. Work, church, home (and football) is his routine, in this same lagos that d tfare won't be more than 1k.
Anytime I try bringing up such issues, says its not right timing, I should wait till when we see, when we've only met once. Arrggghhhhh, I cherish communication to its tiny bits, but here its 10%.
Am begining to think all he want is a woman who will bear him children and not a wife in the real sense. He is so ready to settle down before the year runs out but that connection is not there. That all the love and attention I needzn he will surely give to me when we marry (that one na talk? What you cnt convince me of Now).

I had once told him, a day is coming when he would ping/call and I will be no where to Be found and he will be in d rship all by himsef, whereas I don waka go. His reply is that I should teach him, and am doing that by calling, sending sms, showing concern and care but sincerely he is not measuring up.

That's d dilema @ hand. Me, I don't know if am expecting so much ooo my peeps.

I am not perfect and not looking for one either but basic things matters na (them say sunday wey go make brain, na from saturday night we go know)
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2015
dapsy4u2:

Hi there, I may be wrong here, but what I feel and think is that he has his tentacles spread on some other ladies or he has a main chic who he devotes a better half of his time to (aside work) Hence the little time he has for you. As I said I may be wrong but that's what I feel for now. 2 years is such a long time a guy will be single.... Most def he'll have some other chics or a main chic.

Or on the other hand you should be careful, cos he may just want to use the power of sweet words and the tongue to get in between your legs.

All the best.
You are not wrong but quite the truth.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2015
gleatz:

God u are over reacting, believe me he is trying 2 turn d table around, don't let him win, u too self do like say u no send, d same feeling u got of emptiness, d same way he is too, but he have a gud way of covering it hahahahha...

Be interesting, i for one detest chatting, i get easily bored wen i c u everyday or chat u up every minutes...

Maybe cos I'm phlegmatic sha...

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by OnyeEgo1(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2015
dapsy4u2:

All the best.

i do not agree with u...

I av been there n back, I've got d exact descriptions of gleatz BF xter...

Gleatz, is he a reserved person??

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by dapsy4u2(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

i do not agree with u...

I av been there n back, I've got d exact descriptions of gleatz BF xter...

Gleatz, is he a reserved person??

That's why I initially said I may be wrong sir.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
gleatz:
Dapsy4U et Floodgater;
Thanks for your contribution. One thing I promised mysef is never to make any excuse for any guy, not again.This is d pix painted before me, ve known him way back in sch but not until 2yrs ago dat he started asking me out. He's been a church person though but am gonna look beyound d church thingy and concentrate on his personality more, exactly where I ve a prob with him. Someone like me who thrive well in the atmosphere of utmost care, love, attention and mutual respect is not finding dis whole thing funny.
How can you be wooing me for 2yrs and after I said ok let's give it a trial, u relax and expect me to do the lovey dovey while u be @ d receiving end. Between Feb 14 and dis day, I can count visibly the no of times he has put a call across. Chatting na by force. This is a 38yr old guy for crying out loud. Younger guys wnt even do such. Work, church, home (and football) is his routine, in this same lagos that d tfare won't be more than 1k. Anytime I try bringing up such issues, says its not right timing, I should wait till when we see, when we've only met once. Arrggghhhhh, I cherish communication to its tiny bits, but here its 10%.Am begining to think all he want is a woman who will bear him children and not a wife in the real sense. He is so ready to settle down before the year runs out but that connection is not there. That all the love and attention I needzn he will surely give to me when we marry (that one na talk? What you cnt convince me of Now).I had once told him, a day is coming when he would ping/call and I will be no where to Be found and he will be in d rship all by himsef, whereas I don waka go. His reply is that I should teach him, and am doing that by calling, sending sms, showing concern and care but sincerely he is not measuring up.That's d dilema @ hand. Me, I don't know if am expecting so much ooo my peeps.
I am not perfect and not looking for one either but basic things matters na (them say sunday wey go make brain, na from saturday night we go know)
I'm afraid i will suggest the condition option in order to be sure he desires you, because it is one thing to say teach me and another thing to show willingness to learn. When you are certain his problem is not knowing how, then you can teach if he is willing to learn. Contrary to what you think, it is older guys who find such display of emotions/affection as petty or immature except for the classical romantic ones like RMD, even at that, they do it with slower, steady, hmmm mature energy. Sometimes you need to say it out loud what you want, i mean like the calls, sms etc as he may be no where close to thinking you are teaching him (quite a task for a young lady, i know. Its one of the price that comes with dating an older guy, she gets to drop some of the fantasies and mature too fast), when you chat, encourage areas that interest him and also appreciate when he makes effort. More importantly know his temperament; is he the one that does not like talking too much? needs pushing to do things like phlegs, though its no excuse not to call atleast once a day. It also seems you are right about his notion of a wife, perhaps that was the best available to him whilst growing up but is he willing to embrace a better one? To be sure his problem is that of teaching, he must meet conditions like calling, sending sms, atleast once a day. From his schedule, suggest a time he must visit otherwise withdraw so that you dont end up a fool or cheap after all the "shakara" (the average man does not treasure what he got easily). People go miles for what they desire, trust me, he is not an exception.

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
And someone opens an account on nairaland just to defraud Nigerians of their hard earned money.

Woe unto you.

And to think its a woman.

The devil is plating dada on your head.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gleatz find out his interest, love language and temperament.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Waoh, never knew I was over reacting sha. He quiet person though and meek when it comes to temparement. We ve not had any major quarell. For d time being, I feel he is slacking. I am a very interesting person with very versatile knowledge.
Do you know @ a point, I stopped calling or chat/sms, cos he was not just forthcoming. When he saw I was serious with not calling, he den started chatting a bit. But you can't tell me u re busy or tired everyday and u wnt even put a call across once in a day to check on ur babe whereas he will be online sometimes till late @ 9t. So do you see where I am coming from?
I am into medics but I still make out time for those who mean the world to me.

GoldenDr, the are of interest of him I know is footbal and church (am a football lover mysef). You can only know someone to bit when there is optimum communication, but its not so.

Flooddgater: babe the matter tire me sincerely. The condition option seems to be the only way out now from all indication. Sometimes I have to say it loud, but most times he would start it up and stop it along the line. Arrghn how long would one continue. Temparamental, he is a meek person, reserved a bit but on major social medium.

I just want to see if I can give him some push and if he would turn around positively, if not I might not be able to cope(instead of turning a nagging woman)

Thanks
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by thorpido(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
@gleatz,
I wouldn't say you should drop him now,give it some time.He is 38yrs as you said and at that age,he is very well matured.Many men of his age don't get on phones that frequently.His personality also matters.You have to teach him if he is willing to learn.
I also think he wants to settle down because of his age and needs a wife more than he needs a lover.

Just give it time and see if it gets better.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
I am in pains and in regrets
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
I also think he wants to settle down because of his age and needs a wife more than he needs a lover.

Exactly my fears bro. Wud do as you recommended.

Thanks bro

thorpido:
@gleatz,
I wouldn't say you should drop him now,give it some time.He is 38yrs as you said and at that age,he is very well matured.Many men of his age don't get on phones that frequently.His personality also matters.You have to teach him if he is willing to learn.

Just give it time and see if it gets better.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by gleatz: 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Iwatch, what's the matter?
Can we help?
iwatch:
I am in pains and in regrets
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by dapsy4u2(m): 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
veave:
And someone opens an account on nairaland just to defraud Nigerians of their hard earned money.

Woe unto you.

And to think its a woman.

The devil is plating dada on your head.

Pls share so that we all don't fall for this fraud
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by veave(f): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
dapsy4u2:

Pls share so that we all don't fall for this fraud

Victim will share the story herself shortly
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by iwatch: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Any words for me...? Is it a good idea to keep hoping it can still work between us or I should take her words and never look back.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
iwatch:
Any words for me...? Is it a good idea to keep hoping it can still work between us or I should take her words and never look back.

iwatch,

I really feel for you....

1. Please stop portraying what you are not online... the lady might have been more open if you had a good personality online. All those stuffs might have been a test to be if you are really mean online

2. Don't let your past ruin your present. I am sooo happy you have cried, it will be much easier moving on from today

3. The girl said you should go... I would advice you tell her your feelings about her in details and let go. Who knows, she might be playing with you to see your patience wink

4. @Lady: If you like a guy, stop dropping hints... he is not a mind reader. She should have been vocal and clarified herself when she saw you were taking it the wrong way

5. Your soul mate might be in the future, it might be her... please take heart.

6. It is well

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
iwatch:

y regrets wen dia are better options out dia??

Av u ascertain d fact dat she has gotten anoda guy?

Don't get more hurt by hanging on 2 a red iron, just let go...

How do u go about it?? Give her distance not even a call
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
gleatz:
Waoh, never knew I was over reacting sha. He quiet person though and meek when it comes to temparement. We ve not had any major quarell. For d time being, I feel he is slacking. I am a very interesting person with very versatile knowledge.
Do you know @ a point, I stopped calling or chat/sms, cos he was not just forthcoming. When he saw I was serious with not calling, he den started chatting a bit. But you can't tell me u re busy or tired everyday and u wnt even put a call across once in a day to check on ur babe whereas he will be online sometimes till late @ 9t. So do you see where I am coming from?
I am into medics but I still make out time for those who mean the world to me.

GoldenDr, the are of interest of him I know is footbal and church (am a football lover mysef). You can only know someone to bit when there is optimum communication, but its not so.

Flooddgater: babe the matter tire me sincerely. The condition option seems to be the only way out now from all indication. Sometimes I have to say it loud, but most times he would start it up and stop it along the line. Arrghn how long would one continue. Temparamental, he is a meek person, [bold]reserved a bit but on major social medium[/bold].

I just want to see if I can give him some push and if he would turn around positively, if not I might not be able to cope(instead of turning a nagging woman)

Thanks

exactly @ d bolded, i am guilty of dis too...

I can b online n not chat with anyone, i av been accused alot...

Even on whatsapp i might just b dia 2 read status...

Dude must b a phleg jare, i will love 2 meet himwink

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.