Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari (705 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Time Is Up For Muhammadu Buhari - UK Guardian / A Lesson For Muhammadu Buhari - Salisu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by Clementor(m): 5:18am On Feb 15, 2015
[b]1) He is incompetent: Since he left power about 31 years ago, he could not grow his business to raise enough money to purchase his own INEC nomination form. He therefore cannot manage Africa's largest economy.
2) His alliance with notorious political thieves: He's generally perceived as a man that has zero tolerance for corruption, but the folks sponsoring his campaign are known government thieves who stole and are still stealing from their State treasure. How will Buhari "settle" them legally if he becomes president?
3) His Age: when Buhari became Governor of the then Northeastern State in August, 1975, I was only 4yrs old. When he became Head of State in December, 1983, I was 12yrs. Now I'm 44yrs old he wants me to vote him to become my president in a country of 75% youth.
4) He clearly shows the first sign of Alzheimer's disease: he can't remember his phone numbers, his running mate's name, where his certificate is and most recently his party's name.
5) His party, APC: nearly all their gubernatorial candidates in the north and the echelon and policy makers are PDP drop outs. For a party that preach "change", should they not have gone for fresh, vibrant and young blood? Especially since they want to "fight" corruption. If I change my name will it change who I am?
6) His Educational qualification and his relevance to today's hi-tech world: Nigeria is blessed with great minds, highly proficient individuals and well read academics. Buhari with the kind of result he paraded is certainly not the kind of leader our great nation deserve. Nigeria has been ruled by incompetent and largely unlearned people. That's why we're in this tragedy. We can no longer have the worst of us ruling the best of us.
7) He has no strategy: He's been asked severally during TV interviews the "how questions". I did not hear any strategy from him except "we'll fight corruption". When he was military head of state, he and Idiagbon used FORCED and high handedness to do what they did. They made decrees and used the military not the judiciary to enforce them. Now there's a democratic system in place. He cannot make decrees or use the military to try and kill people. How will he fight corruption without militry brutality that's he's used to? How? How? How? Buhari has no "how" answer. No Strategy!
cool He is an imposter: suddenly buhari has become a christian, he now goes to church, met christian leaders and receiving bible as gift all in the name of wining election. the boko boyz won't call him an infidel because he is their 'oga at the top'.[/b]
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by mormoni(m): 5:27am On Feb 15, 2015
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 15, 2015
I agree wt point number 5.
Now gve me 5 good reasons why GEJ should not return to OTUEKO come May 30.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by Burger01(m): 6:11am On Feb 15, 2015
Stealing Is Not Corruption.

One reason why Jonathan should return to Otuokeundecided

Corruption is the bane of the society.

Sai Buhari, come rain come shine..

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by Grendel(m): 6:14am On Feb 15, 2015
Just 8 reasons

Good!
I will give you 100 reasons why I won't vote GEJ and PDP.

Let me quickly pray.

Buhari the pope of Africa
APC the fear of Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by ibkgab001: 6:24am On Feb 15, 2015
Ka sha ma se dadaa... There is always a next time
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by kalakuta100: 6:30am On Feb 15, 2015
Have u visited naunaknow. if u haven't then u are missing out on the story KONJI PLEASE DO IT'S GONNA BE WORTH YOUR TIME
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by jingh(f): 7:01am On Feb 15, 2015
insurgence, corruption is enough for anybody to send the otuekean back to the creek.
some of what you wrote make no sense at all.
am preparing for church, maybe I will teach you some lesson when am back
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by hushmail: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2015
I add that No. 4 should read Dementia and not Alzheimer
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by PapiWata: 7:10am On Feb 15, 2015
When Bokko Hari's wheelchair is guided gently into that old-folks home where he will live out the rest of his wasted life in a haze of strong anti-psychotic medication, the terror gang leader can at least cling to the assurance that he will remain the butt of jokes even as he sits there dying, thus fulfilling one last service to the world, by providing much needed comic relief right up to the moment he finally kicks the old bucket.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by edy4u: 7:24am On Feb 15, 2015
No 6 reason ;"Nigeria is blessed with great minds, highly proficient
individuals and well read academics."

Where are there in Jonathan's team? Okupe?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by emeijeh(m): 7:26am On Feb 15, 2015
I still prefer him to GEJ

A president who is trying to defend his corrupt administration by differenciating corruption and stealing is not fit to remain in power .

The power sector is nothing to write home either
Corruption is on the increase , and
Security .......[i][/i]opari cry cry cry
I rest my case
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Vote For Muhammadu Buhari by Boss13: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2015
Why worry about who should become president when you, yourself is eligible for the position. You should be contesting not complaining at 44

(1) (Reply)

Why Now Mr President? / Obasanjo Spoke About Buhari's Endorsements And The Missing Chibok Girls / General Buhari Will Win In 26 States, Says Faleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.