Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? (730 Views)

FG Slams 90-count Criminal Charge On Peace Corps / Buhari Condemns Killing Of Bridget Agbahime In Kano, Sues For Peace / 'First Lady By Her Comments Preached Violence’ - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by kay1one2(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2015
Today the world is filled with many terrorist organizations who go about carrying out various atrocities! After every one of their vicious attacks; be it in northeastern nigeria, iraq, syria, somalia, europe etc, the "moderates" come out and in the calmest possible tones say something I find rather insulting; "these people don't represent islam!" My question then is who do they represent? Whether properly or improperly considering also that a clear study of history shows that their "prophet" mohammed carried out the same atrocities during his lifetime! Are the "moderates" then the one under representing islam?
Has any of their preachers come out to preach real peace and the avoidance of vengeance? Have they put in enough checks especially in northeastern nigeria such as schools or recreational centers to prevent poverty and idleness from pushing their followers into acts of terrorism? Have they actually ever come out to out rightly condemn such heinous acts? Have they even actually peeached peace and forgiveness! I doubt if the quran even has the word "forgiveness" as a way of letting go of actions which might have been caused by a natural human weakness. I've never heard an islamic preacher ever talk about peace proactively before the occurrence of any terrorist attack.
Islam always says its peace but that seems to be a delusional chant meant to impact peace into a religion that is absolutely devoid of it!
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by OgologoDimkpa: 8:16am On Feb 16, 2015
For where.
They only preach Kill-Kill!, Behead-Behead!!, Bomb-Bomb!!!

Allau ak bomb bomb...

2 Likes

Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by kay1one2(m): 8:21am On Feb 16, 2015
Hypocrisy they say is saying one thing and doing another! Islam is seemingly walking along those lines!
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by richol(m): 8:22am On Feb 16, 2015
yes they have...tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:26am On Feb 16, 2015
Get a quran brother, I'll open up lots of pages for u that talks about peace.
Sai Buhari.
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by LarrySun(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2015
I'm not a Muslim, but I believe Islam always preaches peace. The violent ones are infidels.

1 Like

Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by kay1one2(m): 8:33am On Feb 16, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Get a quran brother, I'll open up lots of pages for u that talks about peace.
Sai Buhari.

Take your meds. This is not a political but rather social discourse! Peace is not about being calm.... buddhists and yoga practicers can do that. Enforcing it in an environment takes proactive measures like kindness.
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by kay1one2(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2015
LarrySun:
I'm not a Muslim, but I believe Islam always preaches peace. The violent ones are infidels.

Why aren't the moderates "killing" them since "kill infidels" id probably the most common statement in the quran?
In christianity if a pastor messes up, its the christians that will be the first to attack or correct!
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by tociano009(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2015
Even muhamed and usman danfo dio fight war till death

Mad people

3 Likes

Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by greatdeal1408: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
For where.
They only preach Kill-Kill!, Behead-Behead!!, Bomb-Bomb!!!

Allau ak bomb bomb...

All religions are peaceful.
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 16, 2015
Yes, Islam preaches peace!

But that is ONLY AFTER all convert willingly or forcefully!

Check all the Islamic countries, they have "peace".

Nigeria will be "peaceful" once we all convert!
Until then, Islam must show her true colours. rivers of blood must continue to flow!

And that is why nothing is stopping Biafra!
It is as simple as that~

1 Like

Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by LarrySun(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2015
kay1one2:

Why aren't the moderates "killing" them since "kill infidels" id probably the most common statement in the quran?
In christianity if a pastor messes up, its the christians that will be the first to attack or correct!
Judgement is of the Lord.
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by kay1one2(m): 9:08am On Feb 16, 2015
LarrySun:
Judgement is of the Lord.

Truth telling of man!
Re: Has Islam Ever Preached Peace? by Arysexy(m): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2015
Synonym for Islam is violence

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Neighbour In Lagos Over Generator Fumes(pic) / See What Obj's & Gej's Daughters Have To Say About Their Fathers! / Missing $20 Billion: Publish Forensic Audit Report, Buhari Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.