Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? (19783 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by EOOJ(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hollyb:
To me, it is an unforgivable offence

Easy naaa....no worry God wud give u da grace to forgive but I don't pray for u to witness it oooo....
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Misogynist2014(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
IamforGod:
why can't a woman cheat? And men get to cheat! Oga no vex me for here o!
Traditional marriage setting is recognized in Nigeria, which makes it legal for a man to have a side chick, which may later transform into marriage. Polyandry is illegal in Nigeria.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Isiterere(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
Eberex:

Nah! First time its a mistake, second time is a coincidence. But third time? third time is enemy's action.
grin grin if I hear!

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by slindon: 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
YES YES YES. The person need God's help why would you do such, it is a sin against your body against God and against your partner.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Edusouls(m): 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
shut up, you women of nowadays have even lost trust in yourself's, what do you mean not really shir! when you marry go and cheat on your husband nahh and see how hot you will find it at home...
ammyluv2002:
Not really sha. .. Only God can give a faithful partner
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Charly68: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
Infidelity exposes it's practitioner to demonic manipulations. The moment you involve yourself in it,your partner will become agitating and angry unnecessarily and most of the time. This will gravitates to hatred and violence ,separation or divorce. It is a terrible thing to ask if infidelity actually makes a man or woman bad partner ..The end result of infidelity is death..physical or spiritual death.

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
Edusouls:
shut up, you women of nowadays have even lost trust in yourself's, what do you mean not really shir! when you marry go and cheat on your husband nahh and see how hot you will find it at home...
Please, don't quote me next time with such harsh word undecided
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by bbjummy: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Don't think it, don't dream it and don't start it. You can't earn the trust of the family anymore no matter how justified your reason(s) for the act could be.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=Setaje post=30778157]Except for a few useless men. I think a lot of guys never set out to cheat on their wives and it's the same for women. Like someone said, one thing led to another and it happened. Doesn't make the person a bad person. So far there is constant human interaction between both sexes, anything can happen at any point in time.

The problem is how can they handle it. Some are remorseful while some act non-challant. If we are to be straightforward,. Then there is no good cheat. There is no good thief, no good rapist nor a good liar. If u do anything to hurt anybody. Then u must retrace your steps. The goodness to me is when you realise what u have done is bad. You become a bad person if u continue in secrecy or in the open!.[/quote

Hmmmmmm nice thought of you Love,.hope you help me search for a responsible lady that's not with this syndrome been written within
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by whytepawn1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
nothing should justify infidelity. it takes a conscious decision to cheat.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by abbey621(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
The golden rule is treat others the way you want to be treated, if you cheat on a spouse that never cheated on you, then you have broken this rule and no amount of goodwill can change this fact until you repent. Now let's be realistic it's a lot harder for men to be faithful than women because most women fear being judged by society and most men believe that as long as they buy gifts and take care of the woman financially they can do and undo. The fact still remains anybody can be unfaithful, anyone can make a mistake but what you do after matters alot! Would you repent or continue towards the path of destruction?
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by buggaboo: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
You are a bad spouse if you engage in any activity that'll potentially destroy your partners dignity.
Bearing this in mind, men who cheat in our society are not always considered bad because it is expected by society. In most cases the wife loses no dignity.
In fact if you never cheat on your wife, you are considered weird.

On the other hand it's almost impossible for a woman to cheat without bringing shame on the husband.

THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION. I DO NOT SUPPORT CHEATING.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Moana(f): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes, it makes one a good spouse, hence infidelity causes problems and divorce in many marriages undecided
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by sam13(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
mutter:
If a home builder builds a house without a front door and put the most priceless treasures, furniture and decorations.
He has spent millions on the most expensive materials from all over the world

Would that singular act of not building in "just "the front door make him a terrible and also a very stupid Homebuilder?

But do you read the statement well,though i'm yet to be married but if you truely love your spouse infidelity will be the last thing you will ever think about as for me i pray for a faithful woman cos cant stand a cheat partner
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by tete7000(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
God of heaven and earth!, what has this world turned to? People are loosing sense of decency. What kind of question is this OP asking again? If infidelity doesn't make you a bad spouse, what will? Where is the vow of fidelity you made on your wedding day? Infidelity is a sin against God, against the spouse and even against the person committing it. Or have you not heard that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, how then can you defile this temple by uniting it with an adulterer/adulteress (1Cor. 6:18-20)? O ga o!

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by GracyN: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
No body is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
Edusouls:

Bros no be fight, she's entittle to her opinion,..
Nairaland law clearly show in section 62 state that unless you bought her typing stuffs that's MB,Card etc else you will be reminded in....some1 complete it

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by stagger: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

Infidelity is the worst of all marital sins. You are a BAD spouse if you cheat on your spouse.

4 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Setaje(f): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=nacosprof post=30785538][/quote]

grin....... how do I search for you?
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ladyabadi(f): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Men will always be men. This is Africa, its almost normal for a married man to cheat. I do not enjoy bn cheated on, and do not pray for a cheating man but if it happens then shit happens so? Ladies be realistic, if a man provides almost all my needs and that of the kids and family at large why should I worry? One rule, please remember to use protection and when you are caught my demands increases.

2 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Kimoni: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Big YES

Infidelity is not just sleeping with somebody else, it's an embodiment of several other vices.

It involves:

- betraying that person you promised to love
- lying to your partner
- cheating on a loved one who has done no wrong
- risking the life of the other person for your own 5-mins enjoyment
- being selfish about the time and money spent on multiple partners
- giving out what solely belongs to your partner to others
- setting bad examples for the kids
- risking the joy and peace of the family for selfish gains
- destroying the values of the partners you are sleeping with

Now, how can somebody be all this and he/she would be called a good husband/wife?

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by RazziP(m): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
The only tin I like about is that you do post what you are doing or facing. keep it up
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by PLEXPLEX(m): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

YES!
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Dyt(f): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sigo86:

U meaning Licking my Lips? grin wink

Nope
U don't have fine lips
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by pwerrymansion(f): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
dubbiskelly:

Bia Amaka, e shi nini?
nwannem a iwu onye olee?
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Confuciusng(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
It's almost legal to be unfaithful in Nigeria, so am not surprised that you are asking such a stupid question. Infidelity could be a good reason for a divorce. But it's normal here, so men/women go around being unfaithful and they think "wetin go happen sef?". Certain ethnic groups in Nigeria have grave repercussions for female infidelity; like the Ijaws, if a woman cheats, her kids could just start dying for it, for the Urhobos the man could die. Yeah, it's that serious.

2 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by PLEXPLEX(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
ladyabadi:
Men will always be men. This is Africa, its almost normal for a married man to cheat. I do not enjoy bn cheated on, and do not pray for a cheating man but if it happens then shit happens so? Ladies be realistic, if a man provides almost all my needs and that of the kids and family at large why should I worry? One rule, please remember to use protection and when you are caught my demands increases.

NOT ALL MEN MY DEAR. I VE NEVER CHEATED ON MY WIFE & GOD HELPING ME, SHALL NEVER CHEAT ON HER

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Guidette(f): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chillisauce:
Ans is capital yes .

Infidelity and domestic violence can lead to death, so these are big thing for me. I can't tolerate.

When you contact std or deadly Virus you go know how far. I'm not even talking about the betrayal for those you love.

And there is nothing like cheating is in your nature, you cheat because you want to.

All these wandaring pen1ses.

And for the women who never marry but says they can condone cheating spouses. I pray you get what you want. Amen o.

kiss
Hahaha. That last quote is awesome. Perfect analysis. Cant stand a cheater. It is a test of character as it shows that the person lacks self control or willpower. In short it means the person is WEAK!!!
I'm a very strong woman and the last person i need beside me is a weak man

2 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by pwerrymansion(f): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
Am sure the OP is not married hence this question. If only u know the drift and ruins infidelity causes to relaationships, am sure you wouldn't be asking this annoying question.

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
crackhaus:
Infidelity only makes one untrustworthy and disloyal, not bad. Personally, I don't go about believing no woman can cheat on me.

As a matter of fact, I can only ever trust a person as far as the length of my hand can go.
The one time a girl cheated on me, I ended up being friends (well, more like an acquaintance) with the dude after finding out about it... and still dated this girl for two months after that incident before going our separate ways (nothing to do with her infidelity I might add).

Only narcissists think themselves incapable of forgiving a cheating spouse.
Would you permit me to "sample" your wife when you get married grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Dyt:
Licking lips

I sent u a private message.
Pls chk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? / Should She Travel To Italy? / Christmas Gift For My Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.