Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? (19779 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by soulglo: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

It makes for a horrible partner. Continuing to have sex outside the marriage is simply a refusal to do the right thing. It is a choice. A choice to keep hurting the person who has vowed to stay with you.

4 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
You can postulate all manner of reasons why people cheat but when you cheat you are a horrible person. I would not wish a cheating partner on my worst enemy is all I can say.

2 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ajuwarhodes(f): 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Childish replies all the way...

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by hermesprogidy(m): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
What are you expecting to hear? wink
An2elect2:

if i hear o!
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by anwo247: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

For a woman, it is the most shameful act but for men, I guess more than 90% of men do have extra marital affair at least once in the first 10yrs of their marriage. More than 70% continue with it until they are very old. I am talking about African countries. Yet, they are considered as good spouse as most wives are not ready to divorce for that purpose.

Mem are polygamous in nature while women are contorlled by hypergammy.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Kingsasian(m): 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

I wouldn't automatically label a person bad for some mistake(s).
We all have our baggage.
However, it is only normal to see people who hurt us as bad.

People cheat for different reasons.
For some, it is imbued in them.
For others, one thing might have led to another.

One thing I can't stand is betrayal.

I may not dismiss him as outrightly bad, Yes I will forgive and do my best to forget ultimately, but the marriage/relationship will never remain the same again.

It either gets worse or better.

**Modified**
BUT, if he's a perpetual cheater, Nooooooooooooooooooocrycrycry
I'll have to find my way, biko.

I won't outrightly conclude he's a bad person.
It's just a weakness I can't live with!
nice one...I concur

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by LordReed(m): 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

If a business partner likes to dip his hand in the till and deny you of some of the profits of the business would you like to continue such a partnership knowing he is excellent in every other area?

5 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Crixina(f): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Not really sha. .. Only God can give a faithful partner
Kai!the mentality naija women carry these days.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

Yes.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by jaybee3(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
chaircover:

Yes.
No
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by jaybee3(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
jaybee3:

No
Yes
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Crixina:
Kai!the mentality naija women carry these days.
mentality ko undecided undecided
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Hollyb(f): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
EOOJ:

Easy naaa....no worry God wud give u da grace to forgive but I don't pray for u to witness it oooo....
Amen o. I don't pray to experience that and I pray u won't experience it too
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
jaybee3:

Yes CC I totally agree

grin
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by mutter(f): 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
sam13:

But do you read the statement well,though i'm yet to be married but if you truly love your spouse infidelity will be the last thing you will ever think about as for me i pray for a faithful woman cos cant stand a cheat partner

We are saying the same thing. Perhaps you should try to understand before lashing out.

What I was trying to bring across is that no matter what you invest in a marriage, no matter how much love and effort you give, if you are not faithful it is all useless.
Because everything you build or invest will go lost and because you are exposing your family to danger coming into the home in all forms.
Just like leaving y house full of treasures open.

God these young people do not understand proverbs angry angry
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
Setaje:
Except for a few useless men. I think a lot of guys never set out to cheat on their wives and it's the same for women. Like someone said, one thing led to another and it happened. Doesn't make the person a bad person. So far there is constant human interaction between both sexes, anything can happen at any point in time.

The problem is how can they handle it. Some are remorseful while some act non-challant. If we are to be straightforward,. Then there is no good cheat. There is no good thief, no good rapist nor a good liar. If u do anything to hurt anybody. Then u must retrace your steps. The goodness to me is when you realise what u have done is bad. You become a bad person if u continue in secrecy or in the open!.

Which one is except a few useless men, don't women cheat also? Shioor
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by EOOJ(m): 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hollyb:
Amen o. I don't pray to experience that and I pray u won't experience it too

I say a big amen to that...
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by An2elect2(f): 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
hermesprogidy:
What are you expecting to hear? wink

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Both sexes should be held responsible for infidelity equally anywhere in the world. Simple.That was what i was expecting to hear o. smiley
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by generalissimo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
Setaje:
Except for a few useless men. I think a lot of guys never set out to cheat on their wives and it's the same for women. Like someone said, one thing led to another and it happened. Doesn't make the person a bad person. So far there is constant human interaction between both sexes, anything can happen at any point in time.

The problem is how can they handle it. Some are remorseful while some act non-challant. If we are to be straightforward,. Then there is no good cheat. There is no good thief, no good rapist nor a good liar. If u do anything to hurt anybody. Then u must retrace your steps. The goodness to me is when you realise what u have done is bad. You become a bad person if u continue in secrecy or in the open!.
E ma gbo oro buruku lenu eye. Stop calling a spade a spoon. It takes only a cheater to see the act as circumstancial. There is more of B'ITCH than HUMAN in most of cheaters. They only express it. Shikena!
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by generalissimo(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Human beings in their wildest dreams always try their best to make others reason along with them on how some acts deemed by everyone as dirty and immoral can be reconsidered just because they indulge in them. @ Op, the answer to ur question is YES! YES!! YES!!! U can choose not to listen though

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
crackhaus:
Infidelity only makes one untrustworthy and disloyal, not bad. Personally, I don't go about believing no woman can cheat on me.

As a matter of fact, I can only ever trust a person as far as the length of my hand can go.
The one time a girl cheated on me, I ended up being friends (well, more like an acquaintance) with the dude after finding out about it... and still dated this girl for two months after that incident before going our separate ways (nothing to do with her infidelity I might add).

Only narcissists think themselves incapable of forgiving a cheating spouse.

I must be a narcissist then.

I would wager that it actually did have something to do with it, the infidelity (under the surface of it all), but I'll take your word for it. Cheating doesn't make an otherwise electric and 'wholesome' personality an altogether terrible person, but it does a fine job at making that same individual terrible to live with.

It's why it's rather easy to be/remain good friends with a so-called cheat, not so to continue being their loving, trusting, and faithful BF/GF/Spouse, i.e, insignificant other.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
YES.

Cheating is a deliberate choice.

Some people will never cheat no matter how bad it is;

others will cheat no matter how good it is.

5 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Setaje(f): 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bigsteveg:

Which one is except a few useless men, don't women cheat also? Shioor

Is it that u just rushed to quote me or u did not read my post well. Didn't u see the part that I said it's d same for women.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Setaje(f): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
generalissimo:
E ma gbo oro buruku lenu eye. Stop calling a spade a spoon. It takes only a cheater to see the act as circumstancial. There is more of B'ITCH than HUMAN in most of cheaters. They only express it. Shikena!

Please if u cannot address me well do not quote me. What do u mean by oro buruku lenu eye. Eyin omode won yi. E kan ma la enu yin ma soro anyhow. If u don't accept it, u either move on or give me reasons. Emi o kin soro buruku sogbo!.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Ewuro4: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

YES.. Why is this up for debate? It's immoral and rude to cheat on your Legal spouse. It's a promise that MUST be kept For the rest of your life.

Bros.. You seem scared, marriage is not for everyone you know? How's the house help search going? wink
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Ewuro4: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
generalissimo:

grin grin
Setaje:

Please if u cannot address me well do not quote me. What do u mean by oro buruku lenu eye. Eyin omode won yi. E kan ma la enu yin ma soro anyhow. If u don't accept it, u either move on or give me reasons. Emi o kin soro buruku sogbo!.
grin grin

E ma ja oh. grin
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

YES.. Why is this up for debate? It's immoral and rude to cheat on your Legal spouse. It's a promise that MUST be kept For the rest of your life.

Bros.. You seem scared, marriage is not for everyone you know? How's the house help search going? wink

Of course I am scared!

Marriage is scary!
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Ewuro4: 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

Of course I am scared!

Marriage is scary!

So double dealing isn't? undecided all the STIs you bring home to your spouse?

I'm not up for Marriage epistle this ( checks time) afternoon...

Marriage is not for selfish minds. You must be ready to put others need before yours.. Learnt this the hard way myself.

Being Selfless and Patient.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by sam13(m): 12:14am On Feb 17, 2015
Guidette:

Hahaha. That last quote is awesome. Perfect analysis. Cant stand a cheater. It is a test of character as it shows that the person lacks self control or willpower. In short it means the person is WEAK!!!
I'm a very strong woman and the last person i need beside me is a weak man

Are you for real?do you mean to say if your husband is frolicking about and you know about it 'you will be like i dont care' weakling man chai i am a man
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by rotimilax(m): 1:18am On Feb 17, 2015
Well,the worst things to do in a marriage are beating your spouse and cheating. I personally will never forgive a cheating wife,except God intervenes. It is so bad that that's the only ground for divorce in the bible. The trust won't be there anymore,u go dey get the feeling say ur wife fit even poison you at any time.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by rotimilax(m): 2:18am On Feb 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Did you read and understand the OP at all? Cheating is never a mistake btw.
Exactly. He didn't slip into d vag neither did she fall on the D
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by soulglo: 2:29am On Feb 17, 2015
anwo247:

For a woman, it is the most shameful act but for men, I guess more than 90% of men do have extra marital affair at least once in the first 10yrs of their marriage. More than 70% continue with it until they are very old. I am talking about African countries. Yet, they are considered as good spouse as most wives are not ready to divorce for that purpose.

Mem are polygamous in nature while women are contorlled by hypergammy.

I am monogamous by choice. It's not because there are no fine ass men walking around that are willing to have sex. It would be easy to cheat. I make the choice not to. The fact is that it is actually easier for a woman to get sex than a man. This idea that animalistic behavior in men is just some biological flaw that they cannot help is ridiculous. Being a LovePeddler is a choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / Should She Travel To Italy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.