Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory (41389 Views)

Profitability Of Broilers & Layers Production. / Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) / Ugwu Farming//best Practices And Profitability ? Please Contribute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by olushowunm(m): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
Just be careful at OP..
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by GoldHorse(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2015
@Lesgupnigeria, jethro2, stagger and others:
You guys are great and doing a wonderful job educating a lot of us! Even in your arguments and disagreement. I, honestly, don't even like somebody I can't argue or disagree with! So arguement is good. Believe me, a lot of sense comes out of those seemingly "senseless" arguments.
Even coming out at all to share anything, failure or success, is very noble. A lot of us won't want to do that.
In this our agribusiness lots and lots of things, even minute ones can alter d end story. So we should appreciate those that are bold enough to share whatever story they have. Horror films are even welcomed grin grin grin. So please let's try and learn from even the "stupid" ones because they might even teach us how not to look stupid in the gathering of the wise.
Let's see all these as fun. Learn as much as we can while playing (and arguing) as much as we can because we learn better if we see what we do as fun.
Kudos to all you guys and well done! Make we try enjoy each other's company o because the stress wey dey this country right now is too much sef.

2 Likes

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by jethro2: 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
olushowunm:
@OP... You know I always tell you few times we met that in agriculture u av to control costs upfront, you av high expectations and that's why Nigerians don't make money on the long run. If I'm to cultivate an hectare of cassava, I never spend more than 50k per hectare and I expects 15 to 20tons per hectare. Most people rushing to cassava expects 30tons per hectare and also at 18k per ton. They expects 540k revenue from one hectare, so they expend about 120k to 150k to cultivate that same hectare. So if they now get 15ton to 20tons per hectare and a ton is selling at 11k/ton, they are already in the hole. So Jethro look at ways to cut wastes and limit your expectations.
Don't mind me o. I am learning in the hard way. You are completely right. I am already working on way to minimise loss.
How your end?
Long time.

1 Like

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by olushowunm(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
jethro2:

Don't mind me o. I am learning in the hard way. You are completely right. I am already working on way to minimise loss.
How your end?
Long time.
I av been doing great....... We are pushing to even process our cassava.... Me and some farmers...

1 Like

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by olushowunm(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
jethro2:

How your end?
Long time.
I av been doing great....... We are pushing to even process our cassava.... Me and some farmers...
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by jethro2: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
olushowunm:

Thats the bold step. the best decision ever.
Best of luck
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
stagger:

Must you be personal in your attacks? Last I checked there were more than 6,130 views on this thread. There are others who are being helped by the engagement here, being challenged to go and find out things for themselves. If Jethro2 is stuck with idea A, there are people who want to get try idea B. If Stagger has idea C, there are those who want to stick with idea A or idea B. You present your case, I present mine, another person presents his or hers, and the rest who want to learn something here will pick what they want and move on.
Nobody is forcing anything down your throat. You are just childish by making personal attacks. I told you before: stop thinking with your hormones.
I went to a primary school when Agric Science was taught practically and every student had 3 farm ridge allocated to them as far back as 1980/1981. I had a Professor of Agric as my neighbour as at 1984. Planted a variety of foodstuff including plantain, oil palm, pineapple, etc. Even maize and beans. I have fried gari in my backyard with my two hands, white and yellow. Attended a few agric seminars. I am even scheduled to attend a Food Safety seminar in University of Ghent from September to December 21st, strictly for agro processors.
I am investing in building sustainable agribusiness using modern methods. Those who want to be stuck with the ideas of the ice age can go ahead. Those who want to move with the rest of the world can do so.

This post above reminds me of oga Emma at the investment section.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
olushowunm:
Just be careful at OP..

guy , e don tey ooo. how ur cassava farms? hope d glut didnt affect u.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by jethro2: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
olushowunm:
Just be careful at OP..
Thank you. I am trying to be
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by olushowunm(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
mercylicious:

guy , e don tey ooo. how ur cassava farms? hope d glut didnt affect u.
Nope sir.... Hope you r cool?
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
olushowunm:

What product will you be processing the cassava into? I can assist with some market information for your state.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by noblefarm: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
stagger:

What product will you be processing the cassava into? I can assist with some market information for your state.

Oga stagger u open a thread here abt farming season 2015 and for some days now no update there. pls sir we need ur help there and I will like to see u personal if possible or ur number lemme call u for some updates, my number 08077774003. thanks
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
noblefarm:

Oga stagger u open a thread here abt farming season 2015 and for some days now no update there. pls sir we need ur help there and I will like to see u personal if possible or ur number lemme call u for some updates, my number 08077774003. thanks

Did you read in that thread where I said I will have an update NEXT WEEK?
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by olushowunm(m): 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
stagger:

thanks for the information. You can contact me on Olushowunmi2@gmail.com, so we can discuss more. Thanks.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by noblefarm: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2015
stagger:

oh sorry sir, I didn't notice that.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
stagger:

noblefarm:

oh sorry sir, I didn't notice that.

grin
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by noblefarm: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
mercylicious:

grin

lol.
Oga please I really need some advice, am novice on dis agric business
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by FarmTech(m): 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

A good mind should have been.able to deduce some facts from what i wrote when jasper ask some question on the third page of this thread.
Its unfortunate that you don't still want to.learn.
if you are pessimistic about cassava, why can't you venture into another business?

People who don't enjoy cultivating vegetables,divert into.casava and other crops and vice versa.
so why disturb yourself about cassava?

And if i may ask how many years experience do.you have in.marketing cassava?

There is no large scale cassava processing company in south west that i have not sold cassava to in one time or the other, so i can tell you the best scenarios to deal with them to make good profit and otherwise.

I am very sure if you are the only person that planted cassava, you will still complain that it is not profitable because i can't fathom the business sense of you cultivating cassava in the remote Saki and expect to sell in Lagos when its not a direct-consumers produce.

I have never at any point in time label anybody a failure,i have made mistakes and have openly admit it,so other people as well but the problem is never learning from your mustake and change your strategy.
You cant keep doing the same thing and expect different result.

I have helped a lot of people on my thread and i am glad about that and i am willing to help as many people as well.

You said cassava is not profitable,that i didnot do.any cassava transaction,i.showed you.

You said the GES e-wallet is a propanganda,i posted true evidences of that again

You said federal government is not giving out loans to farmers,i again posted the SMS message i.got through Bank Of Agriculture for the loan disbursed to me

You are indeed a doubting thomas.
Two great farmers I respect a lot (and Jethro), pls stop the words' kunfu. The truth is that while some people make losses in a market, others can be gaining. It's all about getting the right market and God helping you.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by sheyi86: 2:23am On Feb 26, 2015
@farmtech forget,legsup and stagger are just article writter, which market are they supplying,hw are they parkaging their product dat others do nt do, this is practical farmer's threard nt just an article, show me d set of pple dat are really making it frm cassava nt cocoa o.

1 Like

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 2:52am On Feb 26, 2015
sheyi86:
@farmtech forget,legsup and stagger are just article writter, which market are they supplying,hw are they parkaging their product dat others do nt do, this is practical farmer's threard nt just an article, show me d set of pple dat are really making it frm cassava nt cocoa o.

At least Jethro2 is a lot more articulate when presenting her own side of the coin. You; you no just get one sense for your head. What is your own contribution to this thread? What is your story?

2 Likes

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by sheyi86: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2015
stagger:

At least Jethro2 is a lot more articulate when presenting her own side of the coin. You; you no just get one sense for your head. What is your own contribution to this thread? What is your story?
thanks.i think it is beta 2 kp quiet than stating wot is nt real.

2 Likes

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by FarmTech(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
sheyi86:
I don't see them as such and like I said, it is all about proper marketing and God's help.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by sheyi86: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
FarmTech:

I don't see them as such and like I said, it is all about proper marketing and God's help.
but sir who re those consuming dis cassava products are they frm other planets. The only way 2 make profit frm dis business is after processing it e.g garri, u take it 2 market sell directiy 2 d consumer dat is d only way.thanks
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
I would rather engage with cerebral minds than bandy words with those from the Ice Age (not even stone age).
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
cheesy grin
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by jethro2: 12:09am On Feb 27, 2015
FarmTech:

Two great farmers I respect a lot (and Jethro), pls stop the words' kunfu. The truth is that while some people make losses in a market, others can be gaining. It's all about getting the right market and God helping you.
My Oga I have "swallow" cold water. Thank you sir
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by jasper7(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
sheyi86:
stagger:
I would rather engage with cerebral minds than bandy words with those from the Ice Age (not even stone age).
sheyi86:
but sir who re those consuming dis cassava products are they frm other planets. The only way 2 make profit frm dis business is after processing it e.g garri, u take it 2 market sell directiy 2 d consumer dat is d only way.thanks
stagger:
Okay this got me laughing... sheyi no wan hear any other side of the story grin Lol. @sheyi. I think cassava wound you well well cheesy. but it's well o. Just try and take a deep breath, open your mind. look into the possibilities of what they are saying. Go out to the field, and investigate. Easy bro.
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by Krucifax(m): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
@ Stager thanks for your feedback. Is it possible to give you a call or communicate via mail? I would like to pick your clearly experienced brain. Thanks
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by sheyi86: 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
jasper7:

Okay this got me laughing... sheyi no wan hear any other side of the story grin Lol. @sheyi. I think cassava wound you well well cheesy. but it's well o. Just try and take a deep breath, open your mind. look into the possibilities of what they are saying. Go out to the field, and investigate. Easy bro.
thanks 4 ur piece of advice, i really appreciate ur work on cumcumber. Actually i was into garri processing sm years bck but day in day out pple consume garri hw profitable this thing is? D way pple are presenting dis thing is as if it so profitable nw compare 2 veg production, dis very year i av made 8k frm amaranthus i didnt concentrate on it, i'm just doing it along with poultry work, 2day i ask a girl dat came frm kano state d price of garri overthere she said d garri is even cheaper than dis place, i ask her dat who re those supplying them and she said it is benue state dat is supplying them which is nt so far frm kano state. Now where are dis pple supplying their product and they re make million frm cassava product, are they d only 1 producing it.Sir hw many pple tackle u on cucumber stuff? Late last year my mum bought 2 pcs of cucumber @100 is dat nt reality of wot u av stated so far abt cucumber?i wl always respect for d fact u used 2 state bt sir try and go into cassava processing and c wot is going on.thanks

1 Like

Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
sheyi86:
thanks 4 ur piece of advice, i really appreciate ur work on cumcumber. Actually i was into garri processing sm years bck but day in day out pple consume garri hw profitable this thing is? D way pple are presenting dis thing is as if it so profitable nw compare 2 veg production, dis very year i av made 8k frm amaranthus i didnt concentrate on it, i'm just doing it along with poultry work, 2day i ask a girl dat came frm kano state d price of garri overthere she said d garri is even cheaper than dis place, i ask her dat who re those supplying them and she said it is benue state dat is supplying them which is nt so far frm kano state. Now where are dis pple supplying their product and they re make million frm cassava product, are they d only 1 producing it.Sir hw many pple tackle u on cucumber stuff? Late last year my mum bought 2 pcs of cucumber @100 is dat nt reality of wot u av stated so far abt cucumber?i wl always respect for d fact u used 2 state bt sir try and go into cassava processing and c wot is going on.thanks

How far is Benue state from Kano state by road? Let us really see what you are made of.

Also, which market did the girl quote when she was telling you that "garri is even cheaper than this place"?
Re: The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory by stagger: 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
There are 51 markets that provide the gari sold in Kano urban markets. Of these 51, 13 of those markets are from Benue state: Adoka, Ayon, Gbegi, Gboko, Ihugh, Katsina Ala, Ojije, Onyangede, Tor Dunga, Udoi, Yeruwata (a major market) and Zaki Biam.

The other markets are from Edo, Kogi and Taraba states. Now take a map of Nigeria and check the distance of each of these states to Kano state. You want to tell me in all honesty, that after processing into gari, and transporting these goods sometimes for almost a whole day, the cost of gari per bag in Kano state will be cheaper than it is in the South West?

My brother, I seriously beg to differ. Please do some thorough survey and not rely on half baked information from anywhere.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know / When Does A Turkey Start Laying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.