Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity (5317 Views)

Army, Air Force And Boko Haram In Fierce Battle In Borno (video) / Remi Tinubu Meets Wives Of Army, Naval, Air Force And Police Officers (pics) / Plan By NASS Leaders For Jumbo Pension And Gratuity A Slap On Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
Good evening fellow Nigerians, I will be glad if you spend some moments of your time to read my story and will deeply appreciate your suggestions and contributions.

It was the year 2005 when we received a sad news from my father's colleagues that he's not feeling fine. They had requested we come back home to enable take good care of him. My father was a Police officer from Plateau State and he has serve in numerous state in Nigeria, we were all living in Taraba State where he was posted to a Local Government called Zing. After some years he was transferred to Warri, Delta State in 2004. That was how he left us in Taraba to serve his Nation.

However, since we were informed that he's not feeling fine, that was how we left Taraba to our village in Plateau State in order to take good care of him. When we got to the village, Family members welcome us but they were many in number waiting for our arrival and the look on their faces was not encouraging. My mother asked them about my father that they said was very sick but we were told that they were on their way coming. So, we ignore and slept for the night.

Early in the morning, my mother saw a hole that was dug in form of a grave at the back yard. She inquire to know what was that but no body was talking not until after some hours, we saw some vehicles with a blaring siren coming towards our house in the village. That was when a family member told my mother that her husband is death. It was like dream to us because we were only waiting to see our sick father. Reality hit us when we saw some police men with a coffin in their middle, truly he was death because I saw his lifeless body.

There was nothing we could do rather to accept his death body. He was buried that same day in that hole my mom saw in the morning. After the burial that day, his colleagues called us and gave 100,000 Naira. They also explained to us how he died. They said; there was exchange of bullets between the police and the Militant. That was how he was shot death during the militancy and cultism crisis in Warri, Delta state 2005.

Ever since my father died, life has never remain the same again in our family. We could not afford the house rent in Taraba, therefore we left to stay in our village. The Nigeria Police did not pay for any compensation or benefit apart from the 100,000 naira given to us immediately after he was buried.

When we went to their office, they told us to produce his death certificate, and some documents of where he had serve during his service year. We traveled to Edo state, Taraba State, and Delta State where he served. We produced all these documents yet nothing has been done about it till today. Before my father's death he served for over 28 years and attained the position of an Inspector.

I am begging on good Nigerians with good suggestion or those that are close to authority to help push my case in order for the Nigeria Police Force to pay us the benefits to enable me and my younger ones go to school to achieve something good in life.
I am ready to give answer to questions.
Thanks for taking time to read this far. God bless
Asabar Emmanuel
08105488289, 07081292366

Please, moderator I don't know where to post this, I will deeply appreciate if you can forward my post to front page in order for me to get responses and suggestions. Thanks

Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
I wish this thread can be on front page to enable me get responses from Nigeria.
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by Freiburger(m): 10:24am On Feb 20, 2015
Please get us the source.
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2015
My brother sorry for your loss, if you have been to pension office in Jabi abuja they didn't do anything call this no 08033221149 his name is Ahmed Isah

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Freiburger:
Please get us the source.
What source are you looking for brother. If you can explain further I can provide more information.
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
studio14:
My brother sorry for your loss, if you have been to pension office in Jabi abuja they didn't do anything call this no 08033221149 his name is Ahmed Isah
Please sir, is it an official number? If no, what do I tell him if he asked how I got the number. Besides, the number is unavailable but I will keep on trying and if I get through I will let you know. Thanks and thanks for the help so far
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
desertboom:

Please sir, is it an official number? If no, what do I tell him if he asked how I got the number. Besides, the number is unavailable but I will keep on trying and if I get through I will let you know. Thanks and thanks for the help so far
the man is a radio presenter but once you see him your father's pension has been paid without wasting anymore time whatsoever. Many people are calling that's why is unavailable but keep trying. If you are in abuja go to sheriff plaza ask them suit f9 or ordinary Ahmed Isah
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
studio14:
the man is a radio presenter but once you see him your father's pension has been paid without wasting anymore time whatsoever. Many people are calling that's why is unavailable but keep trying. If you are in abuja go to sheriff plaza ask them suit f9 or ordinary Ahmed Isah
I've been trying to reach this number but to no avail. Please, is there any other way I can reach him? Thanks
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
desertboom:

I've been trying to reach this number but to no avail. Please, is there any other way I can reach him? Thanks
whatsap
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
studio14:
whatsap
Sir, I've tried but no avail. Please, can you help me reach him?
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by manmustwac(m): 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
desertboom:

I am begging on good Nigerians with good suggestion or those that are close to authority to help push my case in order for the Nigeria Police Force to pay us the benefits to enable me and my younger ones go to school to achieve something good in life.
I am ready to give answer to questions.
Thanks for taking time to read this far. God bless
Asabar Emmanuel
08105488289, 07081292366

Please, moderator I don't know where to post this, I will deeply appreciate if you can forward my post to front page in order for me to get responses and suggestions. Thanks
After serving his country dutifully for 28 years he dies on duty and nobody in the Police force gives a damn. That is nigeria for you. Who knows whether somewhere someone is enjoying his pension and other benefits which should go to his struggling family. Al i can really say is that you should talk to other Police Officers with similar rank to your father and findout about what happens concerning pensions and benefits if a loved one dies during the call of duty then explain your situation and take it from there.
Re: The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity by desertboom(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
manmustwac:
After serving his country dutifully for 28 years he dies on duty and nobody in the Police force gives a damn. That is nigeria for you. Who knows whether somewhere someone is enjoying his pension and other benefits which should go to his struggling family. Al i can really say is that you should talk to other Police Officers with similar rank to your father and findout about what happens concerning pensions and benefits if a loved one dies during the call of duty then explain your situation and take it from there.
Sir, I have discussed with some people and they had taken photo copies of relevant documents yet there seems to be no way out. It has always been promise upon promise that is why I am seeking for help here. I really need help in order to shape my life and that of my mother and siblings

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Chap Enjoying His Life In London? / Biafra Casts Long Shadow Over Nigeria, Nearly 50 Years On - Yahoo / ND Avengers Calling Radio Biafra Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.