Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,382 members, 7,843,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others (27654 Views)

"Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others / Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics / NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Alison-madueke, Group Urges Sanusi, Ot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Rhemmymatician(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
We do not know what went on inside NNPC and CBN for the final audit. What is clear, Sanusi was illegally removed, time elapsed before the audit took place.

Something wrong went down there and if Sanusi did not cry out, it would have continued. If the audit report could be made public, many things would have been explained like the balance of the book before Sanusi cried out. Until then, $1 billion dollars is still so much. Even after all the stunts, such money is frightening.

Are you implying they had returned it after Sanusi cried out? Meaning as at now no money stolen again? Remember this is the 21st century and there is an electronic trail for anything sent over the internet e.g. transactions (unless you think they moved 20bn dollars in Ghana must go bags).
Ok how would u explain 49bn dollars, then 10 bn dollars, and they finally settled at 20 bn dollars.
PWC have effectively called Sanusi a liar, you think he wouldn't speak out if he is indeed certain that PWC is wrong and he is right?
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by PrinceTolu(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
Seriously, I hope the report would be made public. And we can know who is fooling who. Petrol subsidy we know. Abeg, did anyone ever hear about Kerosene subsidy until Sanusi blew the whistle about missing funds and they said they used part of the money for Kerosene subsidy which I'm sure the house was not even aware of it based on this news: http://dailypost.ng/2014/05/30/fg-illegally-spent-4-5billion-kerosene-subsidy-senate/
Personally, I believe funds have been embezzled and mismanaged and there is a high degree of truth in the former CBN governor's accusation of missing funds. The FG should make matters clear.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/kerosene-subsidy-the-hidden-mega-scam/
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Eluwilussit(m): 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
GEJ has already finished the treasury. There is nothing left for anyone to steal. We have debts to pay. GEJ is even borrowing money to fight Boko Haram. The state governments are borrowing money to run their states.

That's funny. So what are they fighting for? I thought FG pays Sates and Local govts monthly allowances, so why are we all blaming the FG for all the fuckups?

We need to start holding our governors and every political office holder accountable.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

That's funny. So what are they fighting for? I thought FG pays Sates and Local govts monthly allowances, so why are we all blaming the FG for all the fuckups?

We need to start holding our governors and every political office holder accountable.
Ask your president who prefers to buy private jets and borrow money to fight war. Yet, our soldiers lack arms and supplies.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Rhemmymatician:

Are you implying they had returned it after Sanusi cried out? Meaning as at now no money stolen again? Remember this is the 21st century and there is an electronic trail for anything sent over the internet e.g. transactions (unless you think they moved 20bn dollars in Ghana must go bags).
Ok how would u explain 49bn dollars, then 10 bn dollars, and they finally settled at 20 bn dollars.
PWC have effectively called Sanusi a liar, you think he wouldn't speak out if he is indeed certain that PWC is wrong and he is right?
Exactly. That is why Sanusi was fired. I suspected this all along. Sanusi was not crying out that the money was lost forever. He was crying out about the shady deals going on at NNPC where crude was sold and the pay delayed. I still do not know what went on there but that is one of the reason why I want GEJ out.

We need a transparent audit and public release of the NNPC dealings. By the way, if the normal routine of handling National funds by the NNPC was not followed, those people should be jailed.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Laid2001:
The Report summary stated:

where did NPDC and NNPC got the legal authority to appropriate money before releasing to the federation account. What they have done is self appropriation, which is illegal in itself.

All Money were supposed to be remited to the federation account before appropriation in line with whatever has been approved in the budget for NNPC and NPDC.

This act of taking the money without appropriation is illegal and against constitution of the federal republic!

Sanusi was right, Both NNPC and petroleum ministry was helping themselves with self appropriation before remitting whatever is left to the CBN. Hence, there was shortfall in howmuch that was supposed to be remited to the CBN up to the tune of N18 billion
Do not mind the thieves. That is what Sanusi was crying out. The order of following the due process was broken. Now these guys deep their hands into the money meant for the federal account and GEJ keeps silent.

How people can support such a man baffles me.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Eluwilussit(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Ask your president who prefers to buy private jets and borrow money to fight war. Yet, our soldiers lack arms and supplies.

All the money the FG has voted towards the insurgency, no be military bosses dey chop am? There's too much evil in the land. It's not just about the presidency. Everybody is rotten in that hellhole called nigeria.

On the private jets? Yes, that was a huge waste of resources. Especially, since we dont even have a national carrier. Well, when he is done, there will be no need to buy any presidential plane for some time. Too much wastefulness, no doubt.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by debonto: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
No need for appologies,money is still missing.
I hope whoever is involved with this show of shame will be dealt with ,justice must prevail.
as for those paining this country black,continue,God is watching you!!! (in Patience voice)
The worst thing that can happen to a nation is to show no respect to the office of the president,
Should we keep quiet and not question them when they misappropriate funds?
No by all means ,everyone should be held accountable.
BUT,one thing is sure,what ever we vomit with our mouth concerning our dear country,the whole world will be watching and sayinbg even worst things against us.
Little wonder why Amapour will be treating our president without respect,will she ever do that to American president?never
Have you wondered why devil is black and Jesus is white?
ok
continue
there is God in everything we are doing!!!
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

All the money the FG has voted towards the insurgency, no be military bosses dey chop am? There's too much evil in the land. It's not just about the presidency. Everybody is rotten in that hellhole called nigeria.

On the private jets? Yes, that was a huge waste of resources. Especially, since we dont even have a national carrier. Well, when he is done, there will be no need to buy any presidential plane for some time. Too much wastefulness, no doubt.
What steps has GEJ taken to secure the lives of our young heroes who risk their lives fighting Boko Haram? He know the money for arms and supplies is being wasted but he sits down in Aso Rock, eating over a million naira a day on food and does nothing.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
debonto:
No need for appologies,money is still missing.
I hope whoever is involved with this show of shame will be dealt with ,justice must prevail.
as for those paining this country black,continue,God is watching you!!! (in Patience voice)
The worst thing that can happen to a nation is to show no respect to the office of the president,
Should we keep quiet and not question them when they misappropriate funds?
No by all means ,everyone should be held accountable.
BUT,one thing is sure,what ever we vomit with our mouth concerning our dear country,the whole world will be watching and sayinbg even worst things against us.
Little wonder why Amapour will be treating our president without respect,will she ever do that to American president?never
Have you wondered why devil is black and Jesus is white?
ok
continue
there is God in everything we are doing!!!
How can we show respect when we are witnessing the worst wastage of resources in the history of this nation.

Despite high turnover in Crude sales, our foreign reserve reduced massively and our debt increased.

Respect is Reciprocal.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by nelsonoba: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
fanex:
scam! an auditor's report is based on the information provided. even with the little information provided, nnpc is still in owing well over one billion dollars? chei these people are balling with this oil money o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

.....and Sanusi's information he used to make accusations were based on what?

PWC is a well-known International corporation whose survival in business is based on INTEGRITY. How much does Jonathan want to bribe PWC with to make them lose their integrity and eventually incur a scandal that will kill their business internationally?

Sir, please don't be offended cos with the way you reason even with glaring facts shown to you, I will like to know what you have in your head......is it a brain or pap or saw-dust??
Please don't be offended cos I'm just asking out of curiosity
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Eluwilussit(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
What steps has GEJ taken to secure the lives of our young heroes who risk their lives fighting Boko Haram? He know the money for arms and supplies is being wasted but he sits down in Aso Rock, eating over a million naira a day on food and does nothing.

I fault him on that as well. He could do better but don't forget that some powerful northern elements were against his moves in the NE, at the beginning. Even the messiah Buhari, once claimed that an attack on BH was an attack on the North.

Jona had to tread carefully in order no to appear anti North or Islam. It is a dicey situation. I wish he had the balls to do the needful.

BH is an ideology. It is difficult to defeat it without the help of the people. The North celebrated BH when it was founded and saw it as an armed wing of the northern youths. Now we are all paying the price. It is not all Jona's fault, just like Wole Soyinka rightly said.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

PWC is a well-known International corporation whose survival in business is based on INTEGRITY. How much does Jonathan want to bribe PWC with to make them lose their integrity and eventually incur a scandal that will kill their business internationally?

Sir, please don't be offended cos with the way you reason even with glaring facts shown to you, I will like to know what you have in your head......is it a brain or pap or saw-dust??
Tell GEJ and his cohorts to make the report public. We were told the report would be made public. What are they waiting for?
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I fault him on that as well. He could do better but don't forget that some powerful northern elements were against his moves in the NE, at the beginning. Even the messiah Buhari, once claimed that an attack on BH was an attack on the North.

Jona had to tread carefully in order no to appear anti North or Islam. It is a dicey situation. I wish he had the balls to do the needful.

BH is an ideology. It is difficult to defeat it without the help of the people. The North celebrated BH when it was founded and saw it as an armed wing of the northern youths. Now we are all paying the price. It is not all Jona's fault, just like Wole Soyinka rightly said.
GEJ is the Chief of Armed Forces. Those young men are people's children, fathers, husbands etc. He can not sit down and watch them die without proper protection, arms and supplies.

He must act if we are to win this war. He can not fold his arms and say it is not all his fault.

He needs to take action or step down. How can funds from NNPC be appropriated and he does nothing. This is baffling and alarming.

If we lose the war in The North East, we lose lots of lives and future leaders of Nigeria.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by omonnakoda: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
laprince:
Now PWC has done the job.
or do we need another audit from an APC auditing organisation?
No what we need is to see the report

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by nelsonoba: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
Useless group!
The group should also tell gej to make the report public for all to see what is contained in d report. I guess by doing this, we shall know the lies being told that nnpc only need to return $1 billion and not $20 billion as alleged.

These are the kind of people who have populated the APC ranks and are too blinded by unreasonable sentiments and hatred towards Jonathan that they can never wish for anything good to happen to Nigeria through Jonathan's efforts!!

So The confused Mallam Sanusi who is in CBN and does not have clear information on the internal workings of NNPC comes up to make an accusation that $49Billion is missing and you believe him hook, line & sinker, but PWC which is an independent international corporation which has been known for their Integrity over the decades comes in to do a proper audit of the NNPC, coming up with a detailed report to show that money is not missing, but that rather NNPC is owing a balance of $1.48Billion which they should pay up, and you JUST CONCLUDE IT MUST BE A LIE THAT PWC IS TELLING
To you, a confused Sanusi that couldn't even later say he is sure that it's $49billion or $20billion or $10billion that is missing is to be trusted more than PWC that has done a detailed audit of NNPC? Now I see why they say that COMMON SENSE is not common!
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by omonnakoda: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

Actually PWC have serious integrity issues they are not saints just Google "PWC suspended" "PWC fined", "PWC misconduct" or "PWC scandal" . There are no secrets these days
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Eluwilussit(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
GEJ is the Chief of Armed Forces. Those young men are people's children, fathers, husbands etc. He can not sit down and watch them die without proper protection, arms and supplies.

He must act if we are to win this war. He can not fold his arms and say it is not all his fault.

He needs to take action or step down. How can funds from NNPC be appropriated and he does nothing. This is baffling and alarming.

If we lose the war in The North East, we lose lots of lives and future leaders of Nigeria.

Look around the world and don't isolate our problems. You don't win an ideological war with barrels of guns. America didn't win in Vietnam. They haven't won in Iraq and Aghanistan, just to mention a few. You fight a bad ideology with a great one.

If we can sustain the gains in agriculture and show an average northern youth in particular, the gains of farming, maybe someday BH will run out of new recruits. The entire north has to say no to the insurgency. If they have chosen to remain silent in the face of it all, there's nothing much the FG can do. The North has a lot of sympathies for BH.

The army is divided along both religious and ethnic lines. It is very difficult to get one operation done without sabotage from some quarters. There's little Jona can do as a Christian and southern minority. He would have been crucified long ago at the altars of religion and ethnicity, if he had come down on them like Obasanjo did at Odi and Zaki Biam.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by nelsonoba: 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
2undexy:
I trust Jonathan and his cohorts. I know they will find a way to annuled and rubbish the fact that 20 billion dollar was missing. Bunch of scallwags and doofus.
He-diot and -she-diot of people we called leaders...mtcheew

......and before you go hating on GEJ, why don't you read through this report with your senses in order, then pick out the fact that Nigeria's total oil sales for the period in question amounted to $69Billion. Now tell me, if out of $69billion oil sales Jonathan or NNPC steals or removes $49billion, will Nigeria not have gone broke since? How possible is it for Jonathan to steal that amount out of the $69billion oil revenue and the government was still able to run as normal?

You can believe it when APC and Sanusi tells you $20billoin is missing even though you have never stepped into NNPC to ask questions or verify things, but you cant believe it when PWC an independent international Auditor carries out an audit and says that amount is not missing **smh**

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Look around the world and don't isolate our problems. You don't win an ideological war with barrels of guns. America didn't win in Vietnam. They haven't won in Iraq and Aghanistan, just to mention a few. You fight a bad ideology with a great one.

If we can sustain the gains in agriculture and show an average northern youth in particular, the gains of farming, maybe someday BH will run out of new recruits. The entire north has to say no to the insurgency. If they have chosen to remain silent in the face of it all, there's nothing much the FG can do. The North has a lot of sympathies for BH.

The army is divided along both religious and ethnic lines. It is very difficult to get one operation done without sabotage from some quarters. There's little Jona can do as a Christian and southern minority. He would have been crucified long ago at the altars of religion and ethnicity, if he had come down on them like Obasanjo did at Odi and Zaki Biam.
Evidences show that arms and supplies meant for our troops are diverted.

These soldiers lose wars they would win if they were equipped and nourished.

GEJ is the Chief of Armed forces. He should take actions to make sure our young soldiers are equipped and nourished. All those other ones are long stories. If he can not, he should step down.

Appropriating funds from crude oil is illegal. If evidences shows this occurred and the President does nothing, he is a corrupt criminal like them.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

These are the kind of people who have populated the APC ranks and are too blinded by unreasonable sentiments and hatred towards Jonathan that they can never wish for anything good to happen to Nigeria through Jonathan's efforts!!

So The confused Mallam Sanusi who is in CBN and does not have clear information on the internal workings of NNPC comes up to make an accusation that $49Billion is missing and you believe him hook, line & sinker, but PWC which is an independent international corporation which has been known for their Integrity over the decades comes in to do a proper audit of the NNPC, coming up with a detailed report to show that money is not missing, but that rather NNPC is owing a balance of $1.48Billion which they should pay up, and you JUST CONCLUDE IT MUST BE A LIE THAT PWC IS TELLING
To you, a confused Sanusi that couldn't even later say he is sure that it's $49billion or $20billion or $10billion that is missing is to be trusted more than PWC that has done a detailed audit of NNPC? Now I see why they say that COMMON SENSE is not common!
What internal working? He was the head of CBN and he noticed funds from crude sales were not remitted to the National account.

Instead of GEJ to look into it after Sanusi wrote him, he illegally removed Sanusi. Which is a true footprint of how corrupt GEJ is. If GEJ was transparent, he should have left Sanusi in office before Bringing PWC.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by tit(f): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

......and before you go hating on GEJ, why don't you read through this report with your senses in order, then pick out the fact that Nigeria's total oil sales for the period in question amounted to $69Billion. Now tell me, if out of $69billion oil sales Jonathan or NNPC steals or removes $49billion, will Nigeria not have gone broke since? How possible is it for Jonathan to steal that amount out of the $69billion oil revenue and the government was still able to run as normal?

You can believe it when APC and Sanusi tells you $20billoin is missing even though you have never stepped into NNPC to ask questions or verify things, but you cant believe it when PWC an independent international Auditor carries out an audit and says that amount is not missing **smh**

QED
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by nelsonoba: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
Actually PWC have serious integrity issues they are not saints just Google "PWC suspended" "PWC fined", "PWC misconduct" or "PWC scandal" . There are no secrets these days

Did you find out why they were fined? or is it just because you typed in something on google and you saw "pwc fined", then you say they have integrity issues? Tell me what companies including banks dont get fined, especially in America and Europe? Even in Nigeria, banks still get fined, yet you trust them well enough to keep all your money with them!

You are just looking for a way to discredit the report by all means. and that is why in your mind, you will rather believe Mallam Sanusi who came to make accusations without even being sure of the facts than believe PWC who have been known over the years internationally to carry out audits with integrity.

If Sanusi knew what he was talking about, then why did he come out initially to say $49billion was missing, and then changed his mouth to $20billion, and then again changed the accusation to $10billion? If you were a Judge in a court of law, and a prosecutor changes his testimony against the accused three different times on the same case, tell me; would you still rule in favour of that prosecution??

Pls just use your common sense and stop being unnecessarily sentimental on this issue
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

And here is a direct statement from Dr Okonjo-Iweala, the finance minister:

"My position on this has been clear from the start. The Ministry of Finance's reconciliation showed a shortfall of $10.8bn in NNPC remittances to the Federation account. After this, the conflicting claims continued with new figures such as $20bn being mentioned
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26339958

$10 billion is not One Naira.

The report should be made public. Let us relax. Until then, Story for the gods.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by omonnakoda: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

Did you find out why they were fined? or is it just because you typed in something on google and you saw "pwc fined", then you say they have integrity issues? Tell me what companies including banks dont get fined, especially in America and Europe? Even in Nigeria, banks still get fined, yet you trust them well enough to keep all your money with them!

You are just looking for a way to discredit the report by all means. and that is why in your mind, you will rather believe Mallam Sanusi who came to make accusations without even being sure of the facts than believe PWC who have been known over the years internationally to carry out audits with integrity.

If Sanusi knew what he was talking about, then why did he come out initially to say $49billion was missing, and then changed his mouth to $20billion, and then again changed the accusation to $10billion? If you were a Judge in a court of law, and a prosecutor changes his testimony against the accused three different times on the same case, tell me; would you still rule in favour of that prosecution??

Pls just use your common sense and stop being unnecessarily sentimental on this issue
Tell your mother to search for common sense in the garbage heap where she scrounges for a living
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:

If PWC's integrity is questionable, their report can not be seen as the holy grail and truth.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by blackandbold: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
chai..so people are still very gullible to this extent.after 10 months of auditing....sorry I mean "editing" the money stolen, some stupid nigerians still swallow the new figure of money stolen hook, line and sinker.anyway many nigers are not even aware what goes on in so many sectors and the undiluted corruptive practices being cultured in these sectors.
may God help save our jerusalem

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by blackandbold: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
chai..so people are still very gullible to this extent.after 10 months of auditing....sorry I mean "editing" the money stolen, some stupid nigerians still swallow the new figure of money stolen hook, line and sinker.anyway many nigers are not even aware what goes on in so many sectors and the undiluted corruptive practices being cultured in these sectors.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by Eluwilussit(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Evidences show that arms and supplies meant for our troops are diverted.

These soldiers lose wars they would win if they were equipped and nourished.

GEJ is the Chief of Armed forces. He should take actions to make sure our young soldiers are equipped and nourished. All those other ones are long story. If he can not, he should step down.

Appropriating funds from crude oil is illegal. If evidences shows this occurred and the President does nothing, he is a corrupt criminal like them.

I agree with almost everything you are saying but it is only in Nigeria and Africa that you blame the president for everything and anything that goes wrong. All I am saying is that everybody should be accountable to some extent. We expect the president to do the work of the police, military, judiciary, legislature, INEC, name it. There's what you call delegation of duties. It means everyone is accountable, though the bulk stops with the president.

Efcc and police should investigate the corrupt persons and charge them to court. I know what you are thinking.Lol! If the presidency intervenes, let the officers tender their resignation asap. Will anyone in naija do that for the love of country? You know the answer. Will the judges resign instead of being compromised? Nope. We all love our jobs and are willing to play along with corrupt practices. Then we turn around and blame Jona.

There is no honour in Nigeria. I am not making excuses for Jona. He's simply a product of a corrupt system. Imagine GMB, moving around in company of Tinubu and Atiku, while chanting change and anti corruption slogans? Shame. Buhari would have earned my respect if he had said no to the likes of Atiku and Tinubu. But he wouldn't, because he needs to get to the presidency through them. Isn't that double standard and hence, corruption?
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by omonnakoda: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
What happens or should happen in a situation like this is an INDEPENDENT inquiry that submits its result to an uninterested party a case where a report is commissioned by the presidency, which is also accused of wrongdoing by the way, and then the report is submitted to the presidency who decides what to publish leaves a lot to be desired. The real question Nigerians need answers to is "has there been criminal behaviour"? That is not for an auditor to determine but EFCC which unfortunately is supine

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I agree with almost everything you are saying but it is only in Nigeria and Africa that you blame the president for everything and anything that goes wrong. All I am saying is that everybody should be accountable to some extent. We expect the president to do the work of the police, military, judiciary, legislature, INEC, name it. There's what you call delegation of duties. It means everyone is accountable, though the bulk stops with the president.

Efcc and police should investigate the corrupt persons and charge them to court. I know what you are thinking.Lol! If the presidency intervenes, let the officers tender their resignation asap. Will anyone in naija do that for the love of country? You know the answer. Will the judges resign instead of being compromised? Nope. We all love our jobs and are willing to play along with corrupt practices. Then we turn around and blame Jona.

There is no honour in Nigeria. I am not making excuses for Jona. He's simply a product of a corrupt system. Imagine GMB, moving around in company of Tinubu and Atiku, while chanting change and anti corruption slogans? Shame. Buhari would have earned my respect if he had said no to the likes of Atiku and Tinubu. But he wouldn't, because he needs to get to the presidency through them. Isn't that double standard and hence, corruption?
As a President, GEJ has power to act. Let us forget about all the factors. These soldiers need help and he should act.

The other ones may fail in their duties but if he does not take action, they will continue in their corrupt ways.
Re: NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others by apache1989(m): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
nelsonoba:
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnpc-audit-report-apologise-to-jonathan-alison-madueke-group-urges-sanusi-others/201942/

The fact still remains that it is abysmal to here funds missing, despite all the so called professionals we have,even if it is one naira missing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt / Goodluck Jonathan Denies Going On Exile / People Kneel Down For Senator Rafiu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.