Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan (2680 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / BREAKING NEWS : Diezena Returns $90billion Dollars To President Buhari / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by abeltolu: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2015
11-year-old Miss Babatope-Ojo Oluwatise is a Junior Secondary School 1 student of Chrisland College Idimu, Lagos, Nigeria. I have known 'Tise since 2008 when she was just 4 years. She has always been a lively, bubbly sweet young girl. A few days ago, she emailed me this article. She had written it in school. Please take a few minutes to read her 455 word essay. I have christened it #LetterFromTise.

In Tise's own words:

"I have always wondered, how we ended up like this. According to facts I have heard or researches I have done, Nigeria, my country is one of the richest countries. Our only problem is our leaders.

Nigeria makes a lot of money from oil as it is an oil mining country. This money is meant to be used to build better roads, give to the needy, build up our country and lots more but our selfish leaders use that money for themselves and their families alone.

Promises are made during election for better food, roads and others, but today, those promises are not fulfilled.

The post of presidency should be given to a more trustworthy, accountable, honest and reliable person who will lead the people to a better tomorrow, but where will we find someone like that?

If I were the president, Nigeria will become a better country and I will make sure people will never look down on us again. At the moment refineries in Nigeria have broken down, but when I am president, the first thing I would do is to repair those refineries. I would avoid being selfish and put the country before me.

Nowadays, people in this country are dying, suffering, poor and miserable. Many of them die of sicknesses and diseases every day. The simple solution is to provide good and developed hospitals in every area in Nigeria. The government should avoid waste of money and natural resources and distribute the money to everywhere in Nigeria.

Nigeria is currently undergoing terror due to a terror group called "Boko Haram". The oil money should be used to get better gears, weapons and equipment to fight all means of terrorism.

Nigeria is a good country, but we have the ability to build her up if we all work together.

If I were the president of Nigeria, I will try to bring back our forgotten cultures and traditions. Presently, our yoruba, igbo and other cultures have been forgotten due to the white men coming to our country and influencing us with their own culture. The white men are no longer here and we are now ruling ourselves, so we have the ability to revive our culture.

Nigeria is not a poor country and we can stop this habit of being called poor. Nigeria can be improved and built up if I were to be the president. The elections are coming up soon and I hope that someone who has the same dreams will lead.

Years ago, Martin Luther King had a dream of a better America where people won't be judged on the colour of their skin and now, I have a dream, that all Nigerians will have a better hope and future".

Source: http://andyemegbo.com/index.php/blog/item/322-if-i-were-the-president-of-nigeria
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2015
She's still a teenager, she doesn't understand how things are done. "if I were...", as if it's that easy.
It's easier said than done.

2 Likes

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2015
The father of this girl or boy because I no read d letter must be tinubu or ameachi or the guy that owns sahara reporters grin grin grin. Abeg next time try attaching the picture n d address of d writer so that mr president go know where to send his reply grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

5 Likes

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by yuncka: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2015
Even small pikin dem? Nawa for Jona admin. Well I will choose a Birthday Party over PDP.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by Maccoy1(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2015
Gej till APC stop brain washing infants into terrorism nd malicious Agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2015
Part 2,letter of my 5 year old nephew to buhari,dear Gmb,many other rtd general in the Army had droped the title eg Obj,IBB etc why are you holding tenaciously to ur own title seems it is ur only achievement even after 30 yrs of retirement(even as it is rumourd that you use forged result to enter)police call it OBT ..... To be continued

1 Like

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2015
Even a slowpoke will see this is a paid write up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by abeltolu: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2015
tswitch:
Even a slowpoke will see this is a paid write up!
Why?? You don't believe a JS1 student can be this good?
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by skentelelady(f): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2015
I am sure those of you criticising this girl , didnt have the kinda upbringing she has.

It clearly shows she is going to be a good future leader.

If she were to be your sister, would you condemn her or encourage her to have this kind of mindset?

This is a kinda letter that should be published so that government can see that even the kids are aware of the way they are wasting our resources

Charity begins at home and it doesnt end there

Their eyes are open and there is no way this government can hide or lie to us anymore.

Nigeria we rise again by the grace of God

4 Likes

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by SweetyZinta(f): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2015
ok
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2015
abeltolu:

Why?? You don't believe a JS1 student can be this good?

Two question marks in a question?
You cannot make a correct sentence without obvious errors and expect me to believe such meticulous write up is the work of a child.
I still maintain my initial statement - it is a paid write up since the purposeful writing is far beyond the scope of an SS2 student.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by skentelelady(f): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2015
tswitch:

Two question marks in a question?
You cannot make a correct sentence without obvious errors and expect me to believe such meticulous write up is the work of a child.
I still maintain my initial statement - it is a paid write up since the purposeful writing is far beyond the scope of an SS2 student.

For the fact that you couldnt write that when you were in js 1 doesnt mean kids of these days cant do it

Dont forget that kids in junior classes take part in both national and international essay competition

So please drop the idea that a js 1 student cant sit down, think/research and do this write up.

Thank you cool

1 Like

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
skentelelady:

For the fact that you couldnt write that when you were in js 1 doesnt mean kids of these days cant do it

Dont forget that kids in junior classes take part in both national and international essay competition

So please drop the idea that a js 1 student cant sit down, think/research and do this write up.

Thank you cool

Don't post what you have no idea of.
No secondary school student will write that piece.
Over 60% of university students can't write that piece.
Stop showing gullibility and trying to force an untruth down our reasonably objective throats.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by skentelelady(f): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
tswitch:

Stop showing gullibility and trying to force an untruth down our reasonably objective throats.

Where are you typing from? I guess from a hole because i can see you dont have the slightest clue of what this generation is turning into undecided

Am off sad

2 Likes

Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
this may be written by Tinubu, Amaechi and even Obasanjo. let us not be deceived. apc can do anything in their desperation to get into power. bunch of liars they are. grin
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
temitemi1:
The father of this girl or boy because I no read d letter must be tinubu or ameachi or the guy that owns sahara reporters grin grin grin. Abeg next time try attaching the picture n d address of d writer so that mr president go know where to send his reply grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
don't mind them. APshit will not stop. gringrin funny.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by edwindprof(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
yuncka:
Even small pikin dem? Nawa for Jona admin. Well I will choose a Birthday Party over PDP.

She wasn't writing against Jonathan, she was only expressing her feelings...besides this is democracy dude.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
skentelelady:

Where are you typing from? I guess from a hole because i can see you dont have the slightest clue of what this generation is turning into undecided

Am off sad

If you mean your generation amply filled with retarded gullible nonentities who only excel at mediocrity, all forms of malpractice and indiscpline like your good self......your guess is obviously as good as mine

If you are referring to the new breed of Nigerian secondary and primary school students who have not been corrupted by their "seniors" and are not so stupid to swallow line, hook and sinker every thrash printed or posted online.......your guess is also as good as mine.

Off you go.Crawl back into the dark cave from hence you came.

Retarded dingbat.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by edwindprof(m): 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
tswitch:

You must be kidding guy... how can you possibly so underestimate the abilities of twenty first century kids?
She just returned on a mid-term break, and the first thing she showed me was this work... then this afternoon she referred me to her uncles website were the material was published... she was the one that also told me her writing was published on Nairaland...
My dear I have been this girls teacher (Home Lesson Teacher) since she was in primary two and i must tell you that she is naturally gifted...
Lest I forget, this work was actually done as a class work, and she did it withing a limited time, that's the reason for most of the grammatical errors
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
edwindprof:

You must be kidding guy... how can you possibly so underestimate the abilities of twenty first century kids?
She just returned on a mid-term break, and the first thing she showed me was this work... then this afternoon she referred me to her uncles website were the material was published... she was the one that also told me her writing was published on Nairaland...
My dear I have been this girls teacher (Home Lesson Teacher) since she was in primary two and i must tell you that she is naturally gifted...
Lest I forget, this work was actually done as a class work, and she did it withing a limited time, that's the reason for most of the grammatical errors

You are slipping.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by skentelelady(f): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2015
tswitch:

If you mean your generation amply filled with retarded gullible nonentities who only excel at mediocrity, all forms of malpractice and indiscpline like your good self......your guess is obviously as good as mine

If you are referring to the new breed of Nigerian secondary and primary school students who have not been corrupted by their "seniors" and are not so stupid to swallow line, hook and sinker every thrash printed or posted online.......your guess is also as good as mine.

Off you go.Crawl back into the dark cave from hence you came.

Retarded dingbat.

Now i see the reason why you doubted this girl. It is because of the kinda environment you were brought

I can see your parents were always fighting and cursing each other so you actually picked this from them

No wonder you couldnt write a simple essay while you were younger and i see you children wont be able to do the same at this writer's age because you believe nothing as this good can come out from your lineage.

cheesy good day.
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by tswitch: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2015
skentelelady:

Now i see the reason why you doubted this girl. It is because of the kinda environment you were brought

I can see your parents were always fighting and cursing each other so you actually picked this from them

No wonder you couldnt write a simple essay while you were younger and i see you children wont be able to do the same at this writer's age because you believe nothing as this good can come out from your lineage.

cheesy good day.

My intellectual ability and academic status obviously enables me know what the piece is - A paid write up!
If your inability to reason and your depravity cannot allow you know what this is.....too bad for you.
Besides any right thinking fellow unlike you the psychiatric inmate can interpret my comments to the OP of "you are slipping".
The explanation was so flawed and even a level 0 intellect can see that.
Unfortunately for you you are no where near that since you have sold what remains of your sane mind and future for penance and the carcass left for a morsel.

What a waste!
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by menesheh(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
What's this

Op just wrote what is on his dreaming mind and and is here telling us a js1million kid wrote the mess

Ke gi okpo na okpokpo isi gi ahu ka imara ihe
Re: Letter From A JS1 Student To President Goodluck Jonathan by bettercreature(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2015
skentelelady:
I am sure those of you criticising this girl , didnt have the kinda upbringing she has.

It clearly shows she is going to be a good future leader.

If she were to be your sister, would you condemn her or encourage her to have this kind of mindset?

This is a kinda letter that should be published so that government can see that even the kids are aware of the way they are wasting our resources

Charity begins at home and it doesnt end there

Their eyes are open and there is no way this government can hide or lie to us anymore.

Nigeria we rise again by the grace of God
Fat Foo-l,i just hate it when a lady lies

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo Deserves To Be Jailed For Deceiving All Nigerians / How Yorubas Are Cheating Lagos Indegenes / Tall Masquerades At Ngige's Community In Anambra- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.