Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago (1354 Views)

Suicide Bombers Attack Mammanti In Borno, 2 Dead (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Boko Haram Captures Askira Town In Borno State / Troops Kill 200 Boko Haram Members In Askira Uba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by whizpet: 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
Reports just reaching us say that members of the radical Islamist sect Boko Haram have captured Askira Uba town in Borno state.

The Cable reports that the town was taken overnight, less than a day after the Nigerian military regained Monguno from the extremist group.

A source who spoke on condition of anonymity reported that the jihadist militants attacked the town at night and burnt down the emir’s palace.

“They attacked the town in the night and burnt down the emir’s palace. Most of the villagers ran away into the bush, so there was really no casualty,” the source said.

Boko Haram have carried out a series of deadly attacks on citizens in the northeastern region, especially in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

The Nigerian military repelled the terrorists in a fierce battle on Sunday and finally regained control of Monguno, the only town previously under the sect’s control, thereby hoping to send a message to Nigerians that no part of the state was in the sect’s grip.

Monguno town was captured by Boko Haram on January 25 after a massive attack from different directions, but the Nigerian military reportedly regained Monguno, Marte and other communities in the north of Borno state from the Islamist sect

With reports of the terrorists still capturing towns, the pledge made recently by the Nigerian Air Force, expressing confidence that a 6-week period was enough to crush Boko Haram, might seem optimistic.

The Nigerian army earlier on February 2, announced that it had recaptured five towns, including Gamboru, from the extremists. http://www.naij.com/386577-just-in-boko-haram-captures-askira-uba-town-in-borno.html
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
shocked while the jokers at the DHQ were busy engaging OBJ in a political banter....forgetting the army won the Biafra war during his time there.....

The poster below me is using MTel internet service...

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by SOLMICHAEL(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
I pray God save the lives of people over there!
AMEN
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by AustineE1: 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
this is unacceptable,i smell conspiracy,how is it always possible for boko haram to sneak into this communities and launch attacks at will,there is a consented effort by some people to ridicule this government,there has been an increase in attack ever since the government assured Nigerians of taming the terrorist within six weeks. As soon as our military liberates some communities,new ones are captured.I suspect political interference to this crisis by enemies of this government.
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
AustineE1:
this is unacceptable,i smell conspiracy,how is it always possible for boko haram to sneak into this communities and launch attacks at will,there is a consented effort by some people to ridicule this government,there has been an increase in attack ever since the government assured Nigerians of taming the terrorist within six weeks. As soon as our military liberates some communities,new ones are captured.I suspect political interference to this crisis by enemies of this government.
This govt is its own biggest enemy

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
The poster below me has not paid his PHCN bills and still uses NITEL GSM connection.

Anyway, the spirit in the Nigeria' Army badge has died since and needs to be replaced.

Click like if you agree that Buhari can replace the spirit.

3 Likes

Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by AustineE1: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
shocked while the jokers at the DHQ were busy engaging OBJ in a political banter....forgetting the army won the Biafra war during his time there.....

this is nt a conventional war,this is a gorilla war,with unknown enemies,you may be one of them...just like ISIL in Iraq and syria.Alqeada,Al shabab,Taliban etc are all yet to be defeated,even by the so called almighty U.S.
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
AustineE1:
this is nt a conventional war,this is a gorilla war,with unknown enemies,you may be one of them...just like ISIL in Iraq and syria.Alqeada,Al shabab,Taliban etc are all yet to be defeated,even by the so called almighty U.S.
Then d DHQ should stfu n do what they're paid for!
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ohh Wake up Sleeping Giant of Africa...Our military used to Command alot of respect across d entire continent, its very unfortunate there's no sincerity on d part of the govt on fighting d insurgent...
General Muhammadu Buhari pls come and rescue ur countrymen..
We need u now...
Sai Baba
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by koikoi2(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
I doubt d credibility of dat story.

"A source who spoke on condition of anonymity
reported.............."
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by Jybz: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.

Barack Obama
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by bakila: 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
SmartChoices:

Funny on the Mtel Internet matter. The civil matter is not cool at all, please stop it bros. your hear?
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by AustineE1: 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jybz:
If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.

Barack Obama
you get me confused when you talk this way,which people do you mean?the last time i checked GEJ approval level is on the high,since the people of south East,south south,north central,some part of north east and a sectn of the south west wants him on untill 2019,we all need to exercise more patience and give him a second chance...i see light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by saharachic(f): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
GEJ justifying every means of extending elections and possibly extending it further to usher in an interim government.
Though you were seen as gentle and cunning ,but now you are just a desperado, and hungry for more blood.
Jail will be your portion come September 2015 when you will be prosecuted, mr gej

1 Like

Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by MeAndYou(m): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
NAWA OOOO!

Welcome to Nigeria..... where all things are possible.
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by tunex23: 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
PDP = People Decieving Peoples! I rest my case before I wil get baned
Re: Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno 2 Hours Ago by AustineE1: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
saharachic:
GEJ justifying every means of extending elections and possibly extending it further to usher in an interim government.
Though you were seen as gentle and cunning ,but now you are just a desperado, and hungry for more blood.
Jail will be your portion come September 2015 when you will be prosecuted, mr gej
arrant nonsense,you ended up saying nothing.your Buhari has a trail of blood following him,right from his days as a military ruler,up until the previous time he contested in a 2011...wake up and accept reality,GMB is a serial loser!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Admits APC Poses A Threat To His Re-election. / PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) / 4% The Size Of U.s.a is naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.