Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) (1353 Views)

Ozekhome Petitions Magu Over N450m Enugu PDP Campaign Funds / I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 17, 2015
The war of words between Jigawa
State governor, Sule Lamido and ex-Minister
of Internal Affairs in the Second Republic,
Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf, over Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, campaign funds
heightened yesterday, as the governor vowed
to jail Yusuf before leaving office on May 29.

Senator Yusuf, aside from dragging the
leadership of PDP in Jigawa State before a
Federal High Court in Dutse for defamation
and character assassination, also vowed to
expose the governor’s activities and release
the threat message sent him by the governor.

The governor and PDP had accused Senator
Yusuf of diverting the money given him to
distribute to the electorate in his constituency
to mobilize them to vote for the party, but was
angry that the Senator did not only divert the
money but also defected to All Progressives
Congress, APC.

Governor Lamido’s text message, according to
Senator Yusuf, read: “True, I have only five
weeks to go, but I will jail you before I go.
“We also, today (yesterday) at council
meeting, discussed Garun Gabas road contract
and by council authority sent all related
documents to EFCC and copied same to
Buhari, the President-elect.”

Effort to contact Commissioner of Information,
Babandi Ibrahim, for further comments on the
issue proved abortive as he did not pick
several calls made to his line.

Let’s see who ‘ll be jailed—YUSUF

However, in a swift reaction, Senator Yusuf
explained that no amount of threat and
intimidation from Governor Lamido would
deter him.

He said: “He is just not happy with my
defection to APC and if he continues to
threaten me, I will expose some of his shady
deals. So we will see who will be jailed.”
Meanwhile, Senator Yusuf has sued PDP for
defaming his character, having alleged that he
diverted N15 million campaign fund given to
him to distribute to the electorate in his
constituency.

In a statement by Yusuf’s Media Consultant,
Mohammed Ismail, he is seeking for an order
of perpetual injunction at the Federal High
Court, Dutse, against the defendants for
defamation of character, asking for N1 billion
damages.

Yusuf said: “Did they give me cash or cheque?
Sule Lamido will never forgive me because he
felt I was the one who brought him down.
“Why should he give me money for campaign?
Am I a leader of his party? What kind of
money?
“This is a person who will never want go down
alone. I swear by Allah, he will never relent to
want to tear my name.

“Do you remember five years ago, when he
revoked a road contract and said I had to
refund some money, which turned out to bet
false?
“He is just blackmailing me for leaving PDP to
join APC and to help in its victory in the just-
concluded elections. The whole thing is hisy
fabrication.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jigawa-pdp-campaign-funds-war-yusuf-sues-pdp-for-n1bn-i-ll-see-you-in-jail-lamido/y
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by chymystique(f): 1:38am On Apr 17, 2015
Traitors! They should Jail and Kill each other e no concern me. undecided

1 Like

Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Habayomie(m): 2:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Bird of a feather

1 Like

Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Henrypraise41(m): 2:40am On Apr 17, 2015
You see the money they sqandered have started intoxicating them and confession will follow suit, then before you know it they will be naked publicly. One adage says" when the meal prepared at home generates problem then neighbours will get to know the nature of the food.
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by chinoify: 2:45am On Apr 17, 2015
Sai baba
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by PrinceMario(m): 2:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Wow....this pdp drama is getting interesting. The party is sinking faster than one could imagine. they had better understand themselves before apga oust them from the position of opposition party.

Meanwhile;

The senate spent #1Billion in the amendment of the 1999 constitution, GEJ refuses to sign it because the office of the CJ is separated from the office of the mister of justice. #1billion gone down the drain.

#21Billion was spent spent on national confab, Gej promised to implement the the confab's resolutions if re-elected for a second term,he lost the election, definitely, #21billion has gone down the drain.

Can you run your private business like this?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by kayode27: 2:53am On Apr 17, 2015
There both can murder, behead, stab, assault, assassinate.. each other for all I care.

All Nigerians deserve/want is a refund of stolen public funds.

However, you guys can keep the interest accrued overtime. No qualms grin
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by cy4cent(f): 3:01am On Apr 17, 2015
Breeze Don blow ,fowl yansh Don open!!! Lol
you people should continue telling us how you shared Nigeria's money

more to come this is just the beginning!!!!! Oloshi!!!
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by maryam6(f): 3:48am On Apr 17, 2015
MONEY!

D only thing that can do and undo.
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by mrofficial(m): 3:58am On Apr 17, 2015
Two thieves. Was it not the same Sule Lamido that left Nigeria during electoral period?

1 Like

Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by efilefun(m): 4:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Lol.. Why him go share the money, when he knows GEJ was going to lose the election. Sharp boy carpet the funds grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Ilekeh(f): 4:08am On Apr 17, 2015
I must become a politician in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by ramdris(m): 6:13am On Apr 17, 2015
This guys no longer have shame or what? We are talking about bribing voters to get their votes and they still have the audacity to say it out shocked. GEJ really messed up with the amount of money he spent to secure victory.
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2015
When politicians fight, Nigeria gains. Let them keep exposing themselves.

Lamido is harassing yusuf for allegedly stealing N5m. How much did Lamido's son steal again?

God will expose all these greedy, wicked bucaneers we call our leaders
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Pavore9: 7:08am On Apr 17, 2015
When thieves argue, truths are revealed! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2015
he should be careful so you would not expose him, but you are already.
Anyway, make una dey open una yansh turn by turn make i dey siddon dey watch.
Re: PDP Campaign Funds War: I Will Jail You ’lamido Threatens Yusuf ( Vanguard) by MEILYN(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2015
The both of them should be jailed, tried and executed for looting Nigeria's money. Two thieves.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Upset With Buhari's Committee / PDP Governors Clash Over ‘mu’azu-must- Go Campaign’ / Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.