Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State (2369 Views)

Okorocha Is Back: "I Went To The Land Of The Dead, Ancestors Turned Me Back" / Rochas Okorocha Is Back From India (Photos) / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by akksplendor: 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
I observed how the frontpage post about the Imo State government house transformation attracted so much mixed reaction. Obviously, most of the people with negative opinions about the governor are members of the opposition party because anyone who has been following happenings in Imo state lately will know that Governor Rochas Okorocha Is transforming the state in all areas, and not only the state house for the benefit of government officials alone. Let me tackle the critics with public education. It's no longer news that in Nigerian today, imo state under Rochas Okorocha is the only state that offers free education from Primary to the university level for its indigene. In imo students are given free books, lockers, uniforms, school canvas and sandals and they are even paid stipends to come to school. Below are photos showing how the government schools in Imo state looked like when Okorocha took over office, and the following beautiful photos shows how he has transformed the schools to a befitting one.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by ozoigbondu: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
Tell me more
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by akksplendor: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Below are photos of exactly how a government primary/secondary school look like today in Imo state. Okorocha has demolished the old dilapidated ones and built over 305 of these Precast schools called City Schools across Imo state. Please I need somebody to prove me wrong! There was a time even GEJ landed in one of these schools in a Chopper and reportedly asked "Is this Imo state University?"...

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by IGBOSON1: 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Isn't this the only one the Rochas admin' has done and completed?

I have seen many of the twin-building, single-story, pre-cast ones all over the place, but i'm yet to see any completed and being used!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by akksplendor: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Isn't this the only one the Rochas admin' has done and completed?

I have seen many of the twin-building, single-story, pre-cast ones all over the place, but i'm yet to see any completed and being used!
Well, atleast you can testify that he has built all these modern schools all over the place, contrary to the claim by some ppl on the Govt house transformation thread that the governor hasn't done anything apart from rebuilding the govt house. The network is really bad, I can't share all the photos I really wanted to share. I'm proud to be an Imolite under owelle Anayo. Rochas Okorocha. I only wish other governors can take a cue from him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by omazus: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
Owelle I hail ooooo. Though your party frightens me am with you personally, just you.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by contactmorak: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thank you OP, Okorocha as a matter of fact is being referred to as the Awolowo of Igboland by People in Ibadan for his giant strides in the area of education. Obviously, some Igbos really don't value this man's achievement. I call him the Owelle of Education

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Aegon(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
contactmorak:
Thank you OP, Okorocha as a matter of fact is being referred to as the Awolowoof Igboland by People in Ibadan for his giant strides in the area of education. Obviously, some Igbos really don't value this man's achievement.
please don't ever mention Awolowo and Rochas in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by gunuvi(m): 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
Aegon:
Chai!!! Diariss god U̶̲̥̅̊ o
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
I live withn a 15minutes drive from Douglas House Owerri, i.e the Imo Govt. House,
Honestly, only people who hate Imo will work against Rochas, since the exit of Dee Sam, Imo has neva hd it so gud except under the present dispensation..
Though, most owelle's roads aren't so good, and Imo is not so clean as under the previous regime, but, Rochas has done so well in many areas, Education, health, infrastructure, employment and security, that i can't possibly jump into that ihedioha led pdp train..
For the very fact, that workers salaries and pensions are paid as at when due with the free education from Nusery to university, including the infrastructural works currently on-going, Rochas, truly deserves a 3rd term in office..
i'm just worried that pdp has perfectd plans to rig out Owelle with Federal might. Pls, Owelle, beware pdp wants to rig u out thru Fed. Might, hope you'll understand my parable of 'federal might'
think of the voters registeration, think of the pvc collection...Rochas, i want you to return for your works are known to all, but BEWARE OF IHEDIOHA LED-PDP..
Rochas 2019
GEJ 2019
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
omazus:
Owelle I hail ooooo. Though your party frightens me am with you personally, just you.
GBAM! Iji ya.
But, i think it's needful, that he stays there, so that he won't have to give ahaejiaga...etc, our money..
I don't think, Rochas, has a godfather, and i think, that was why he has been able to work with the state's meagre resources..
Rochas 2019
GEJ 2019
IMO MUST BE BETTER.
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2015
How about the numerous uncompleted schools?

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2015
So only owerri deserves a good school ?
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2015
No let me vex.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by contactmorak: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2015
Imanuelle:
No let me vex.
vex na
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by contactmorak: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2015
Imanuelle:
So only owerri deserves a good school ?
He is gradually taking the good schools to other parts of the state. But go and direct your anger to those who were there for years without building any new school and leaving the ones built abt 35 years ago by Sam Mbakwe to dilapidate
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Bitterleafsoup: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Imanuelle:
How about the numerous uncompleted schools?
195 building are sitting abandoned, they come on here showing the same two schools like Rivers State (SMH)

RESULTS
Findings are summarized in Table 1.
In the schools visited, the use of science resource corner for teaching and learning was
left to the discretion of the class teachers, consequently few classrooms had science
corners while several others had none. Results showed that all the 135 primary schools
visited have football fields which also serve as play ground. Only one school had
facilities for handball. All other recreational facilities such as volleyball, basketball, table
tennis, swimming pool, lawn tennis were not available in any of the schools.
All the 135 primary schools had no computer and communication facilities.
Only five out of the one hundred and thirty schools had regular and good source of water
supply all others had none. Only two schools had functional libraries
Two schools had functional toilet facilities. However only one school located in the urban
area had forty eight V.I.P latrines with a population of 1470 pupils. This is in line with
the Federal Government stipulation of one toilet to not more than twenty five pupils.
Only one school located in the urban area had no farm/garden as a result of lack of space.
All others had both farm and vegetable gardens. Seven schools had facilities for music
while only two schools had facilities for arts. No government primary school had
transportation facilities. Results show that all the schools visited had fairly adequate firstaid
boxes except six schools. Four schools located in the urban area had block walls.
Only one school had two paid security men. One school had well managed landscape. All
others had flowers in the school compound but they were not well planned. Findings
indicated that all the schools visited were clean and well kept however burning was the
only means of refuse disposal
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Bitterleafsoup: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2015
contactmorak:
He is gradually taking the good schools to other parts of the state. But go and direct your anger to those who were there for years without building any new school and leaving the ones built abt 35 years ago by Sam Mbakwe to dilapidate
So are you saying he built 200 schools in Owerri?
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by contactmorak: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
So are you saying he built 200 schools in Owerri?
the governor has built. Close to 305 schools in Imo state, but pls don't believe me becaue I already know where u stand. People like u don't stand for anything good. It's ppl like you that were saying that Okorocha didn't doanything in Imostate except, building the state house. Now I present you another achievement ofthe governor and u say he didn't build anything. Peple like u arethe problem of Nigeria and very soon, the wind of change will sweep u all away!
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 18, 2015
Why did you say so?
Aegon:
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2015
contactmorak:
vex na

I forgive you. I realised that you don't know what you're doing. You pulled pictures from the internet. Or you are trying to be deceitful ?
Re: Photos: Another Proof That Okorocha Is Transforming Imo State by asadike(f): 9:55am On Feb 18, 2015
Thk u op, am not a supporter of APC and will never be. But a friend of mine that visited owerri last week and a critic of okorocha couldn't stop telling me stories of the transformation going on in imo state, am really so happy o. Biko ihe ri nma rie mu ego.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Is The Giant Of West Africa. (CNN) / Avengers, Where Were You During Jonathan's 6 Years As A President? / See What Garba Shehu Tweeted And The Responses He Got From Nigerians (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.