Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey (31941 Views)

What Do You Think About Fifty Shades Of Grey / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by tk4rd: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2015
terza:
Out of pressure, i had to go see this movie, when I came out I was like "thank God its just a movie". Not all movies have a good moral lessons and happy ending and believe me those kinda movies are what brings you closer to the realities in our world. Take heart op the worst is yet to come cheesy
Things like that do happen in real-life too.. The movie was just trying to depict the violent type of love that people exhibit and see as normal.. They left the movie without a happy end so that the viewers won't be any biased in judging such kind of violent influential love.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 25, 2015
tk4rd:
Things like that do happen in real-life too.. The movie was just trying to depict the violent type of love that people exhibit and see as normal.. They left the movie without a happy end so that the viewers won't be any biased in judging such kind of violent influential love.
you are right
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Hope you read the analogy of dog food as used by someone earlier. In this whole world, how many Shakespeare books would sell 100million if not for school curriculum. Then we have writers like Grisham, Collins, Sheldon, etc. Which of these people's books have sold up to 50million. In fact, I'm not sure many of them have sold 100million combined.

And it's not even about S&M per se, it's about women generally wanting/needing a stronger man than themselves. An alpha male, ya know? wink

Stronger physically because there is 98% chance a woman would marry a stronger man

Alpha male? Nonsense wink. All those shouting alpha are alpha in their pockets... Some women like disrespectful men anyways

I have finally watched the movie and

1. The babe knew what she was getting into.... She even had the opportunity to review the contracts and strike out unfriendly clauses tongue. I see her as an adventurous woman (afterall she was burning with lust before the first sex scene)

2. The guy was extremely honest... He told her who he was from the beginning and showed her his lair forehand grin

3. Abuse? I doubt it. The lady seemed to enjoy it all through till the guy wire her bottom wella. Looking at the stuff sef, I doubt the leather strap and the featherlike stuff he used to beat her was painful. If na that my teachers and parents used to flog me while younger, I might not have felt it tongue.

4. The guy changing her car? We do that for our lovers and friends generally. I don't like my husband's socks or shirts, I can toss them and change (especially if I have told him forehand that they are bad). Infact, if hubby or family decide to toss any of my stuff, change with a newer model biko (sha don't toss something of sentimental value)

5. The people pulling pants must have done so before the arse whooping. That was a terrible way to end the movie angry

The lesson of the movie? Yet to get it

And if Ana said she was not abused, activists should drop it.

Did not see the abuse anyways.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by freecocoa(f): 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
Finally saw this rubbish movie and to be honest, I'm annoyed I wasted my mb on it, there was nothing er*tic about it,miss Dakota didn't bring the fire(where's kerry Washington when you need her) to think someone left her panties in the cinema hall and another was arrested for m*sturbating while the movie was on, is just crazy, yea yea different strokes, different folks but still...

Btw, there was nothing like abuse, the babe knew what she was getting into, very boring movie all the same. angry

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Forwetinnah: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Okay I take back my post earlier, finally watched the most talked about movie for 2 years running( even though it was annoyingly edited) and I must say, it's not as bad as the OP said it is..infact I liked it and would really want to read the books (books are normally more detailed to the t" than movies). There was nothing Christian Grey did to Anastacia Steel that she didn't consent to, I hate it when women deliberately walk into a trap and then turn around to act like the victims.
Grey was just an emotionally detached man and Ana was his perfect submissive in every sense of the word. She was a curious, naive, beautiful Virgin who knew nothing about s;ex, she was not acting out the part like Grey's 15* other women. Any woman who walks into such a relationship with all the red flags, needs her head examined. *Virgin:;al fisting, An:al fisting, but;t plugs* shocked Like serioooously?? Mr Grey is one big psycho
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Forwetinnah: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
freecocoa:
Finally saw this rubbish movie and to be honest, I'm annoyed I wasted my mb on it, there was nothing er*tic about it,miss Dakota didn't bring the fire(where's kerry Washington when you need her) to think someone left her panties in the cinema hall and another was arrested for m*sturbating while the movie was on, is just crazy, yea yea different strokes, different folks but still...

Btw, there was nothing like abuse, the babe knew what she was getting into, very boring movie all the same. angry

I think they saw the unedited version(uncut)...what we've been able to download so far is the edited version for public viewing. You know from the background songs
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by freecocoa(f): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I think they saw the unedited version(uncut)...what we've been able to download so far is the edited version for public viewing. You know from the background songs
Even at that, the movie is very boring is all I know, I didn't see any passion.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
What the OP is pointing out is stronger than many of you can imagine of . She was saying that base on how the movie is rumored to contain nudity ,love and sex scene...

Some carnal teenagers might be tempted to watch the movie due to its popularity like Spartacus, But this is a different movie entirely that has the power to influence them to believe a woman enjoy sex that way or there is something special about such Sex position portrayed on the movie set. And in years to come they might want to practice, fancy or keep that idea in their fantasy, and such will deter their love life or their patners .
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
I awaited 3 things to happen in that movie which didn't happen, with that , I got the message clearly

First I thought the movie was about a fraternity, base of how Grey is rich in such a youthful age.

Second was for Grey to say why He is like that or do what he does

Third was for them to reconcile at last

But none happened....
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by itstpia8: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Second was for Grey to say why He is like that or do what he does

true.

i think there was some talk about an older woman or something (not sure though) and still doesnt explain why he's that deep into such things at his age.

when/how did he make his money if he had the kind of time needed to major in that lifestyle?
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Agozie48: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
From my own point of view I felt the girl was just being naive she hasn't been in any form of relationship before and that was probably her first ..She had wanted to explore what being in a relationship meant, she opened her self into new things she was not supposed to at the end it was not like she had imagined it was not like all fairy tales usually told....She just had to wake up to the reality that the relationship she is currently in is not a safe one and so she just had to leave...This movie I think its trying to pass a message to all young people out there don't just enter any relationship where you have to be a slave to either a party involved.. A relationship should not be about abuse or subjugation it should be about real and human mutual consent...
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Timbuktou:
You think women will come online and tell you they like it rough? Dey deia dey jonze. There's a reason cinemas worldwide are jammed full with women. Aren't the book and movie supposed to be misogynistic? How come women are getting all tingly at the premise and screenplay.

Think about that for a minute. wink

women like to be rough-handled & dominated...
not necessarily BDS‡M type of dominance- but something similar.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by tpiander: 4:59am On Jul 31, 2015
the nler who said his girlfriend beat the heck out of him for e.jaculating prematurely inside her, isn't a woman though?

seems he's the one who likes being rough handled and dominated.
Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Francisca4(f): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2016
Thebrightest:
What is the film really about?
IT IS ABOUT A TEENAGE boy who was sexually abused by his mum'S FRIEND THEN WHEN HE GROWS UP HE MET A YOUNG VIRGIN GIRL, WHO HE SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH TO DO THESAME THING TO WITHOUT ANY STRINGS ATTACHED OTHER THAN HARD CORE SEX.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Children About Fifty Shades Of Grey by Thebrightest(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2016
Francisca4:
IT IS ABOUT A TEENAGE boy who was sexually abused by his mum'S FRIEND THEN WHEN HE GROWS UP HE MET A YOUNG VIRGIN GIRL, WHO HE SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH TO DO THESAME THING TO WITHOUT ANY STRINGS ATTACHED OTHER THAN HARD CORE SEX.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Experience With Dstv October Double Upgrade Promo / Ozo Begs Nengi After Picking Dora As Deputy Head Of House / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.