Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Isreal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Isreal (1872 Views)

Lebanon Arrests Vulture Accused Of Spying For Isreal. (pic) / Netanyahu - Isreal PM ...don't Repeat Mistakes Of The Past! / Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isreal by redsun(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
I think isreal is just taunting iran with this their ongoing atrocities in gaza,they probably want iran to get involve in order to start a full fledge war with them.They are not taking the news of iran going nuclear lightly.

I wonder what else can explain the madness?
Re: Isreal by PeeDaVinci: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
i have always been a die-hard supporter of Isreal , but on the issue of this war, i think they have taken it tooooo far and it must be stopped. how does isreal want to prove that they are better than hamas that kill civilians when they have killed more civilians than hamas have ever done, this is utter madness, this is state terrorism, this is genocide, this is ethnic cleansing, and i want the leadership of isreal now to be charged with these in hague. This does not change me from being a die-hard supporter of isreal though, i just disagree with them about this war
Re: Isreal by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

i have always been a die-hard supporter of Isreal , but on the issue of this war, i think they have taken it tooooo far and it must be stopped. how does isreal want to prove that they are better than hamas that kill civilians when they have killed more civilians than hamas have ever done, this is utter madness, this is state terrorism, this is genocide, this is ethnic cleansing, and i want the leadership of isreal now to be charged with these in hague. This does not change me from being a die-hard supporter of isreal though, i just disagree with them about this war

Thats right. isreal cant just kill 640 palestinians and counting and expect to sit down and talk peace with this guys. isreal must pay somehow for this atrocities commited. believe me they must pay for this madness. angry
Re: Isreal by redsun(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2009
It is a violent and sickening world and they blame the youths for acting crazy.
Re: Isreal by RichyBlacK(m): 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2009
You guys are all making good points. We need more sane voices like yours in the Foreign Affairs section. Thanks!
Re: Isreal by deept(m): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

[/quote

What would you have Israel Do? Sit and watch while these guys continue to send missiles into Israel putting the lifeof at least a million Israelis in danger. No reasonable government will sit and watch as its citizens life are put under threat. I am not saying that i support killing of innocent palestinians but whether you lkie it or not innocent people will die and Israel has chosen not to keep its civilians under threat.
Re: Isreal by chidichris(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2009
i feel like laughing. isreal's war as we discuss here is for a purpose which is nothing but to make sure that hamas stop the act of sending rockets into isreal.
the funny thing here is that the rocket is still landing in isreal and we are here talking about isreal without asking the course.
obviously all the rockets are made in iran and iran has refused to get involved openly.
since the end of isreali/hezeboulah war, nobody has heard of hezeboulah this and that so if isreal can do this once and for all so that people can go about their normal business again, that will be better.
who is the civilian in palestine? the small boys and girls who has been engaged in suicide bombing. if anyone should be blamed for the death of women and children, it is hamas who throws rockets missiles into isreal without targets. it is hamas who use their women and children as human shield.
Re: Isreal by Muza(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2009
The hypocritic world "leaders" fold their arms and close their eyez to all this madness.
May Allah help the Palestines.
Re: Isreal by bigben3: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2009
chidichris:

i feel like laughing. isreal's war as we discuss here is for a purpose which is nothing but to make sure that hamas stop the act of sending rockets into isreal.
the funny thing here is that the rocket is still landing in isreal and we are here talking about isreal without asking the course.
obviously all the rockets are made in iran and iran has refused to get involved openly.
since the end of isreali/hezeboulah war, nobody has heard of hezeboulah this and that so if isreal can do this once and for all so that people can go about their normal business again, that will be better.
who is the civilian in palestine? the small boys and girls who has been engaged in suicide bombing. if anyone should be blamed for the death of women and children, it is hamas who throws rockets missiles into isreal without targets. it is hamas who use their women and children as human shield.

You want save world,while all you do is to create terrorists everywhere.I tell you the whole world will pay dearly for this open agressiveness on defenceless people.Even not the order of the toothless UN and EU is stopping Isreal in this madness.Oh 2009 will definetely be tough wolrwide,what a way to start the year.shallom
Re: Isreal by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2009
Muza

Am sure Allah should not help cowardly killers, who lauch rockets at innocent unarmed civilians.
Re: Isreal by olanajim(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2009
@chichris,
Isreal had tried to stop rockets attack before. They have even occupied the land for years. Did it stop the attack? It will a sheer delusion for Isreal to think it can stop the resistance without vacating the occupied land. There appeared to be increasing diversion from the real issue. The Palestinians want Isreal to leave their land, but Isreal want to stay and then negotiate. That is absurd.

I think the UN is to blame for placing arm embargo on Palestine. With force for force, fire for fire, Isreal will not have free incussion into palestinian land in the name of stopping rocket attack, it would have opted for diplomacy.

Isreal is making heroes out of Hamas. I don't imagine how exterminating Hamas will give Isreal the peace they have never enjoyed.
Re: Isreal by BOSS7: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanajim:

@chichris,
Isreal had tried to stop rockets attack before. They have even occupied the land for years. Did it stop the attack? It will a sheer delusion for Isreal to think it can stop the resistance without vacating the occupied land. There appeared to be increasing diversion from the real issue. The Palestinians want Isreal to leave their land, but Isreal want to stay and then negotiate. That is absurd.

I think the UN is to blame for placing arm embargo on Palestine. With force for force, fire for fire, Isreal will not have free incussion into palestinian land in the name of stopping rocket attack, it would have opted for diplomacy.

Isreal is making heroes out of Hamas. I don't imagine how exterminating Hamas will give Isreal the peace they have never enjoyed.

Happy New Year Mr Olanajim, I'm surprised you don't have a proverb that depicts what's happening between Israel and Palestine or is your 2009 resolution to stop spitting them wise words?

smiley
Re: Isreal by Lagosboy: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2009
AND PEOPLE WONDER WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF TERRORISM. HOW DO U EXPLAIN TO A CHILD WHOSE FATHER , MOTHER AND BROTHERS HAVE BEEN MURDERED BY ISRAEL NOT TO GROW UP TO TERRORISE THE STATE OF ISRAEL.

The whole world are sitting and looking at these war crimes, It is 12 days and the UN security council cannot reach a resolution I wonder whose security the council is protecting.

What an evil and hypocritical world we live in
Re: Isreal by Afam(m): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanajim:

@chichris,

The content in bold refers, I completely agree that once Palestine achieves statehood this Israeli unwarranted killing of innocent people would stop. Army for Army, gun for gun, there is no easy way out and countries usually do all they can to avoid wars.

As for the person you were addressing in your post (chidichris) I take it that you are just meeting him for the first time otherwise you would have realized that you are dealing with one of the most ignorant users of this forum. He is not organized upstairs and manufactures issues from no where and use them to put down nonsense.

It will be in your interest to ignore the guy otherwise you do get headache over nothing.
Re: Isreal by Muza(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2009
Wallahi this world is full of hypocrites,
Just look at the U.N and world "leaders".
But wat is consoling is that,there would be a day of reckoning.
Re: Isreal by superboi(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
but musa i think you are the biggest hypocrite if it was israel shooting rockets since into palestine and the palestine had more fire power you would not complain if the palestinans retaliate the way israel are doing now.
Re: Isreal by auwal87(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
Even in FILMS we are watching, when an Enemy take shield with humans, most of the times, no attacks will take place at the place, normally, taking shield involves arresting people in one place and refusing to let them go where they like, which is not the case in Gaza.

But this is not a Film, this is real life, Israel is always blaming Hamas of taking Palestinians as human shield, the question is, if Israel cares about human lives, why would they attack and kill children in a SCHOOL (even though no Single Hamas militant was there).

Israel military is a failure, they have killed 3 of their own soldiers and injured more than 20. This proves that their military intelligence is very very poor, even though they claimed the number 5 position in military power.

Israel must agree to negotiate with Hamas, and they must stop the siege on Gaza (18 months siege).
Siege is itself a War, so literally, Israel was fighting Hamas in Gaza for 18 months, and now enters a full scale war with them.

More than 200 children have died so far, most of them babies.

Israel can never be trusted.
Re: Isreal by Muza(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2009
superboi:

but musa i think you are the biggest hypocrite if it was israel shooting rockets since into palestine and the palestine had more fire power you would not complain if the palestinans retaliate the way israel are doing now.

No u are the biggest myopic hypocrite,
Lets not just start lookin at thing from yesterday or last year.Ur myopic ass has not been aware of years and years of oppression of the Palestines by the Israelis with the help of U.S and U.N.
Even during the 6mnths cease fire Israel still maintained road blocks which made it impossible to bring in aid and supplies.
And are u aware that Israel controls the border,airspace and sea of Palestine.
Wat do u think we Nigerians will do if Cameroon was doing this to us?

Pleas pastor Plc be rational and Objective for once in ur lifetime,it will be a major achievement.
Re: Isreal by olanajim(m): 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2009
B.O.S.S.
Happy new year to you too!

What is happening in Gaza had gone beyond parable. It is like someone said: a sheer madness.

Let look it with unbias mind. You sold your house. But some of your children stay behind. Those who stayed behind decided to adopt the way of new landlord. So much that you think they are actually the new landlord sons. Even though the land had been sold, the children that stayed behind enjoy peace with the new owner. They intermarried and mingled.

Those who sold their birthright out of disobedience prosper outside and then made friends. Until a crazy dictator from Germany unleshed terror upon them. I mean the vagabonds, who sold their lands.

After the holocaust, the vagabonds, under the protection of their superpower friends return home and decided to force the new land owners away from the land they have sold. The new land owners, together with their brothers (that didn't sell their land but had converted to new religion) fought the vagabonds. The result was that they were defeated. After the way, the vagabonds, not satisfied with the land the got began expansionism. They began systematic clensing of the people just to accomodate the increasing number of rogues migrating into the land in the name of judaism.

And the world gathered together to ban one party from buying arms while the other party get free supply of sophisticated weapons. This is unfair! It does not matter whether the oppressed are muslims or pagans. They are humans.

Can you imagine US blocking a resolution for ceasefire at UN? That show they are in support of the war.

The questions are:
1. Can Isreal achieve peace by destroying Hamas of exterminating the palestinians?
2. Will terrorists lay down their arms just because a group of unarmed civilians were pounded to surrender?

I weep each time I read of this great injustice. It is madness!
Re: Isreal by superboi(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2009
musa i never justify israel government actions but as much as they are responsible for the children death, hamas also bears responsibility. there were provoking israel(whether they had the right to or not is another debate) but they should have had a back up plan for israel respond, and they actually do, the media they had been banking all this while that israel will kill children and women so they get public sympathy.hamas do not really care about those palestain children as much as i or you do so as you chastise israel chastise hamas too, i no fit shout
Re: Isreal by Muza(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2009
This is truly sheer madness.
Hav u been aware for how many years Israelis are occupying the Palestinian lands and oppressing them.

Re: Isreal by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2009
Where were u guys when rockets were being hauled at poor unarmed Isrealis? That's what I call HYPOCRISY and double standards.
Re: Isreal by olanajim(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
Superboi,
you made a serious mistake. Hamas care about the civilians otherwise, Hamas would have given up the struggle. Don't forget Hamas won the election.

Secondly, have you ever prayed that Ijaw youth fighting in Niger Delta be exterminated just because they are fighting a just cause? Hamas is fighting a just cause. Throwing Rockets is never the issues. Hamas was defending itself. For an entity to be under seige for 18 months is no small mean a feat. Believe me, Palestinians had shown restraint more than Isreal.

For those people blaming Hamas rockets for the war, I can't help but feel sorry. I am not surprised. Because in Nigeria, it is "suffering and smilings!". It is that silly ideology that is making many people to blame hamas for resisting the seige.

Isreal has no justification to attack hamas while blocking every points of access.

Hamas had been managing and overseeing the welfare of the Gazans while international community impose unjust saction.

My consolation is that in 20 years time, Isreal will be in crisis that may eventually consume it. That is a prophecy that will come to pass. The process had started!
Re: Isreal by Muza(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanajim:

Superboi,
you made a serious mistake. Hamas care about the civilians otherwise, Hamas would have given up the struggle. Don't forget Hamas won the election.

Secondly, have you ever prayed that Ijaw youth fighting in Niger Delta be exterminated just because they are fighting a just cause? Hamas is fighting a just cause. Throwing Rockets is never the issues. Hamas was defending itself. For an entity to be under seige for 18 months is no small mean a feat. Believe me, Palestinians had shown restraint more than Isreal.

For those people blaming Hamas rockets for the war, I can't help but feel sorry. I am not surprised. Because in Nigeria, it is "suffering and smilings!". It is that silly ideology that is making many people to blame hamas for resisting the seige.

Isreal has no justification to attack hamas while blocking every points of access.

Hamas had been managing and overseeing the welfare of the Gazans while international community impose unjust saction.

My consolation is that in 20 years time, Isreal will be in crisis that may eventually consume it. That is a prophecy that will come to pass. The process had started!

It might even be less than 20 yrs,insha Allah.
Re: Isreal by superboi(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanijam nice point u are 1 of the persons that is not writing from a sentimental view even though i have different view from u i respect ur views too. PLO has been more tactical than the hamas and has won more for the palestines than hamas, they have done so with more tact guile and more importantly less causuality(per time) than hamas.(please not that even the gaza strip was becos of plo it was gotten).imagine if ola that the niger delta boy started fire missle into port harcourt and said they did not recognise it government and exsistance and all its contract, what do you think nigeria would do?
Re: Isreal by chidichris(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2009
@ola and muza,
i can feel you no matter the distance. it is important to remind us here that nigeria has been represented very well in the world scenes and in almot every aspect of life except for suicde bombing.
i think this the right time for people with zeal. remember 14 virgins await whosoever will make up his mind for this course.
ola and muza, we will be proud of you two. we will like to see ur pictures in the next edition.
be courageious, tire enough bomb arround ur necks and the muslim world and nigeria will immortalise your names.
pls remember to use nigerian flag at least for us and other people to know that u are from nigeria.
go out there and show them what we are made up of. Allah is great.
pls if you two did not go there, do not come back here with ur unnecessary sympathies again. good luck
Re: Isreal by TayoD1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2009
@auwal87,

Even in FILMS we are watching, when an Enemy take shield with humans, most of the times, no attacks will take place at the place, normally, taking shield involves arresting people in one place and refusing to let them go where they like, which is not the case in Gaza.
During Bill clinton's era as President of the U.S, he sought to kill Osama Bin Laden who was also taken shelter among a civilian populace in Aftghanistan. A drone spotted Osama at a time and he could have being killed. The attack on Osama then was not authorised because of the fear of collateral damage. Unfortunately for the US, what they feared (civilian casualties) eventually hit them hard on 911.

I don't envy Isreal at all. They are between a rock and a hard place. They are bound to kill civilians when they strike Hamas, but failure to strike Hamas does not remove the threat on Isreali citizens by Hamas. So what do you do? I believe the current campaign is being waged to not only establish deterrrent, but to bring about a more reaosnable cease fire where the UN is actively involved in maintaining such ceasefire.

Isreal has proven it is ready for peace with any peace-loving neighbour. She exchangeg land for peace with Egypt and has proposed same with Syria. All Hamas' sympathisers on this forum should just use their leverage to ask Hamas to change their charter to destroy Isreal and accept Isreal's right to live in peace right there in the Middle East. That I believe will bring about a lasting peace. Isreal unilaterally withdrew from Gaza to show it is not interested in land grab as it does peace. But what does Islreal get in response, more rockets fired into it.
Re: Isreal by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2009
olanajim:

Superboi,

this guy just erased every shred of respect i once had for him. Such a disgraceful liar and hypocrite. To go through his ridiculously fraudulent posts here would be a waste of time. Pls stick to romance . . . politics is not for the brainless.
Re: Isreal by olanajim(m): 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2009
Superboi,
thank you for that observation. I believe that to understand what your opponent is saying, you must not sentimetalise issue. I quite understand your points. If ND militants attack a town the rule of engagement will be applied. I have a brief exposure to military life. If you fire at a soldier, he will kill you and site self-defence as his reason. No court in the land can accuse him of murder. If militant fire at PH for instance without any justification, the govt MUST strike back. That is the rule.

But in the case of palestinian, everyone know that they had been enduring seige for over a year. Hunger, starvation stare them in face. They were fighting on two fronts. At home, against their political rival that had been getting alot of arms from Isreal and US. Then the only way 2 the outside world was restricted.They can go out but cannot return home!That is provocation.No man can endure such. Whatever rocket Hamas is throwing were done out of desperation. D world community was aware and many spoke against it but Isreal refused to yeild. What is more, economic embargo were placed on Hamas and it supporters. The hardship alone could have kill many in their homes.

Secondly,Isreal had been in Gaza for years intimidating the recidence with state of the art weapons.Isn't that provocation? People that are already hungry and suffering. Like I said, what Isreal want is 4 them to quietly endure the pain even to death. And the world will blame Hamas!

Davidylan,
I never come to forum seeking respect from you. Pls keep it, I have enough in my community. If you derive joy in attacking everyone that does not agree with your disjointed ideas which are often culled from biased newspaper, then I am glad to be your next target. You will dissipate so much energy and end up frustrated 'cos you won't get an insultive reply from me.

My mentor was working on Palestinian crisis, a senior UN rep. I got my facts from him.Ok?Not from Ajegunle newspaper.I wish you lives in Gaza!
Re: Isreal by olanajim(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2009
@Hamas Chater,
When Ismail was elected PM, I remember he granted interview in which he made mentioned of the chater. He said it was not his to change. He was not the one that formed Hamas. Beside, at the time Hamas was formed, palestinians are under treat. I remeber I enjoyed reading the story of war from Egytians newspapers that were mailed to us at the time. I can't remember everything, but I can remember that the whole of Arabia were up in arm against Isreal and the West.

Hamas was not the cause of the problem. Therefore Hamas can NEVER be the solution. From the brief I got from my old man, the west regreted the war because they could have employ diplomacy when creating the state of Isreal. They bullied the palestinians because the later were weak.

After the Isreal Arab war, Isreal embarked on land grabing and building on occupied lands. The failure of the west to act at the time was now being felt. Davidylan obviously grew up in Isreal or Gaza, so he must have seen the occupied areas.

Apart from Hamas, there are other militants more dangerous, but with lesser support. I wish Davidylan could educate me more about their activities since he is the only one equiped with TRUTH.

Let me end this with Egypt. Egyptian president is a despot, a dictator who have used power machinery to perpetuate himself in power. Someday, the truth about his real motive will be open.

At a thread, Prof Davidylan the master historian tried to compare what is happening in Gaza to Sudan, Somalia. I just laughed because on that thread, I saw something about the way you try to evade facts and twist them.

You and I're neither in Gaza nor Isreal, whatever hypertension you give yourself over the matter will be in vain. Instead of attacking people that didn't agree with you, learn to speak up, articulate your points and go. You won't believe that you once attacked a man who is almost your dad's mate. I knew, I read the post and feel sorry for you. Annonymity is not an excuse to insult people
Re: Isreal by thehomer: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2009
Why is Gaza under siege and not the West Bank? If you're under siege and can smuggle items why smuggle rockets? Those smuggled rockets cannot be used to attack Israeli troops.
Hamas I think has failed to lead Palestinians in Gaza. You do not start or encourage attacks on a stronger and violent neighbour without repercussions. The civilians caught in the crossfire is lamentable but it is war. Killing of civilians is unacceptable but so is using civilians and civilian structures to launch attacks.
The UN security council of course can do very little Israel has a powerful ally and Hamas is called a terrorist organization. The fact that the people voted for poor leadership is not a good enough excuse. If you choose poor leaders you will pay dearly.
In war if you win you take land. There are numerous examples. The winner may decide to return the land. Israel took a lot of land and gave some of it back. The countries whose land was returned though do not like Israel but they have chosen not to attack Israel.
Re: Isreal by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2009
i dont support violence but these mudering muslims need to be tought a lesson.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Uk A Democracy? / Gadaffi Was Found Hiding In A Drainage Pipe And Shot By His Own Men / Why Are Jews So Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.