Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC (12816 Views)

Buratai, 13 Others Taken To U.S. District Court Over Biafra Protests. / SSA And Son-In-Law To Kebbi Governor And His Business Card (Photo) / C’ River PVCs Taken To Kebbi, Says REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Kingspin(m): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2015
Resident Electoral Commissioner in Cross River State, Dr. Okey Ezeani, on Wednesday disclosed that some Permanent Voter Cards meant for registered voters in the state were wrongly transported to Kebbi State.

He disclosed this in Calabar when he paid courtesy visit on Governor Liyel Imoke to brief him on the level of preparedness of the Independent National Electoral Commission for the March 28 and April 11 rescheduled polls.

Ezeani said some PVCs belonging to the electorate in the state were recently found in a consignment sent to Kebbi State.

“My colleague in Kebbi called me and said that they found some boxes of PVCs belonging to Cross River State in Kebbi and there are similar cases regarding some states as well. These are some of the issues plaguing INEC,” he said.

He also disclosed that the commission in the state had yet to take delivery of PVCs for some polling units in Yakurr, Calabar South, Calabar Municipality and Bakassi local government areas.

The REC, therefore lauded the rescheduling of the elections, saying “the postponement of the elections is a plus because it will afford us ample time to fix some of the things we were not able to get right.”

On the percentage of PVCs distributed so far in the state, the REC said, “When I came to Cross River State, the percentage of collection was running between 60 and 73 percent and after meeting with my staff, we set out a target and today we have attained 82 percent distribution in the state.”

Ezeani used the opportunity of the visit to demonstrate to Imoke and members of the Cross River State Executive Council how the Card Reader works.

In his response, Imoke charged INEC to ensure 100 per cent distribution of PVCs in the state and the country as a whole before the elections so that no one was disenfranchised on the grounds of non-availability of PVCs.

Imoke said it was also obvious from the disclosures made by the REC that INEC was not ready for the earlier scheduled dates for the polls, adding that the postponement was a blessing for the electoral body and the country.

He said, “I thank you for the effort at improving on the number of PVCs collected in the state from 66 percent to 82 now, even though you must try and achieve 100 percent collection before the elections so as not to disenfranchise anybody.

“The constitution provides that every registered voter has the right to vote. It does not provide for the presentation of PVCs before exercising that right. So, we urge that you try as much as possible to achieve a 100 percent PVC distribution, otherwise, it will appear that INEC will be responsible for disenfranchising registered voters and this could have legal consequences and call to question the integrity of the process.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/c-river-pvcs-taken-to-kebbi-says-rec/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by simplemach(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2015
Did i hear u say accidentally? May be thats the new name for the word failed mission. God go expose all apc plans one by one.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by jude33084(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2015
simplemach:
Did i hear u say accidentally? May be thats the new name for the word failed mission. God go expose all apc plans one by one.

Why APC? Are they the ones controlling INEC?

15 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by utytill(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2015
Na kebbi jega com from. why cross rivers not kano own?after inec go say d ready for election.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2015
Hahahahaaha!

Is JAGA not from the North?

Whose interest would he protect?
North or south or 0r "ONE" Nigeria?

coomon folks, stop dreaming!
There is nothing like "one" Nigeria

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by TippyTop(m): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2015
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Cross River State, Dr. Okey Ezeani, on Wednesday, disclosed that some Permanent Voter Cards meant for registered voters in the state were wrongly transported to Kebbi State.

But Jega won't send us the ones from Kebbi. We must use the military to check APC rigging structures are frustrated.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by waternogetemeny: 11:16am On Feb 19, 2015
Can they accidentally transfer PVC FROM Sokoto to Anambra or Kano PVC to Ekiti?

Accident my foot...

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by waternogetemeny: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2015
This was why they were on nairaland shouting Change, so dey can return the country to the wasted decades of 70s, 80s and 90s.

They never reach Gov but want to rig a sitting Government out of power. APC is corruption personified.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by simplemach(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2015
jude33084:

Why APC? Are they the ones controlling INEC?
no they dont control INEC, they both they both work 2geda.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by B69U: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2015
The North Even With D Insurgency Collecting The Highest Pvc. State-by-state PVC collection statistics from INEC. The highest are Nasarawa (96%), Gombe (95%), Katsina (92%), Kaduna (91%), Zamfara (90%), while the lowest are Ogun (40%), FCT (61%), Lagos (62%), Edo (64.3%), Oyo (64.9%).

The north even with the insurgency has collected it pvc , but how did they collect it when we all know that many are dead many ran to cameroun and chad #what is jega not answering or is he favouring the apc ?

The east and west has the lowest count even thou they are not having any crisis there.

jega favouring buhari as per fellow northerner

53 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Calculia: 11:56am On Feb 19, 2015
Seun lalasticlala fp
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by ayukdaboss(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
PVC issues are present in both APC and PDP states, Ogun State, an APC state has one of the lowest PVC collection rate. If Cross River State PVCs were found in Kebbi State, they should be immediately transferred back to Cross River State for distribution, there's no time for all these useless conspiracy theories of Jega trying to disenfranchise PDP strongholds.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by CLEARINGAGENT: 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
What where they thinking?
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Sijo01(f): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Which kind accidental discharge be this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by onosprince(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Even my smart phone get sense pass dis pple.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Conceptz(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ekiti own were also taken to Ogun State
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by lion042(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
TippyTop:

But Jega won't send us the ones from Kebbi. We must use the military to check APC rigging structures are frustrated.
.....lol....military power
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by lilbazy(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
The north which is been ravage by terrorist are having more than 80% collection of PVC collection! Accidental abi? Now PVC's in jonathan's stronghold are been moved to the North! Accidental abi? Mtcheeeew

8 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by point5: 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Chai Nigeria wich way....political lies evryday by day

1 Like

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Buchukwu: 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Now i believe APC and jega are upto something. GEJ must win this election or.....

19 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Make dem no do same naa ni o!
Make dem return am to Cross River asap!
Last Bullet
But this kind news is needless.
It ll only give room for suspicion from INEC that they can make silly mistakes coupled with rigging
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Forwetinnah: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Inec is very prepared. .infact they were prepared as at 14th February. Shioor!!

19 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Buchukwu: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jega must Go

5 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Na wa for waya, what a costly mistake if indeed it was true.......
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by gidistar: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
[size=15pt]ME THEM NO WORRY ABOUT AM! KEBBI PEOPLE GO HELP THEM USE THIER CARD VOTE FOR BUHARI! grin[/size]

[url=gidihub..com/2015/01/was-it-3some-or-i-just-got-played.html] Was it a 3some or I Just Got Played ( Must Read ) [/url]

2 Likes

Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by kennyjodeci(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
simplemach:

I am a pdp member but why putting the blame on APC? Does it really make sense?
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
[s]The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Cross River State, Dr. Okey Ezeani, on Wednesday, disclosed that some Permanent Voter Cards meant for registered voters in the state were wrongly transported to Kebbi State[/s].

ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos...
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by lion042(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sijo01:
Which kind accidental discharge be this
....Girl u dey travel meet ur guy?
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
wetin we nogo hear
Re: Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC by tempest01(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Make them give Nipost the remaining PVCs make them deliver jor... People no get time to go stand for long line.... And me wey register for Edo, I do akwaibom now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. / Dele Momodu Launches The Boss Online Newspaper / Reps Fight Over Prado SUV, Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.