Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. (12821 Views)

Biafra: My Take On The South-south/ Niger Delta. (igbos Pls Read And Act). / “Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2015
South South Niger Delta will never join biafra

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to biafra. Niger delta struggle is resource control and true federalism. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are all benefiting from the current system. After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some South South states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today Edo and Delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. Edo and Delta states were first part of Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming Edo and Delta state today. Some tribes speak Yoruba in Edo and Delta state. Why is yoruba not claiming Edo and Delta state the way igbo is claiming Rivers and Delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some South South people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and yoruba is the problem of South South, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Singapore. if Qatar and Singapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like Qatar and enjoy their oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3 times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census
. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some will say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer!!

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide . However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism and resource control, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former licence plate motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want resource control or thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION IF WE CAN'T GET 50% RESOURCE CONTROL. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:

"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

If we cant get resource control, we don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front. What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is that why the primary interest of Niger Deltans is resource control, Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as thier trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Since in Nigeria, Hausa and yoruba are ahead of them in the power struggle, they resort to blackmail and cry foul claiming marginalization.

if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. Peaceful division of Nigeria can only be into a minimum of five countries (Arewa republic, Niger Middle belt, United Niger Delta, Oduwa republic, and Biafra). South South will form its own nation/nations. My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by glimpse33(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2015
cheesy
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by INTROVERT(f): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2015
will be back to read
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2015
i agree with Barcanista 100%. He is from rivers state while i am from edo state.

TonyeBarcanista:
After the announcement of the result of March 28 Presidential election, I recall vividly how some of us brought about the idea of a collective unity of interest and purpose between the South-South and South East geopolitical zones within the Nigeria State. I remember calling for a restructured Nigeria that will promote the interests of all citizens irrespective of ethnic group. I also remember saying that in absence of that, a referendum be held among citizens to determine whether the people of the South South and South East prefer the present Nigeria structure that favours no one over a separate sovereign State, the Lower Niger Congress/Federation that will favor citizens of the region, and also define the right, interest and terms that is acceptable to all ethnic nationalities that make up the 'federation'. I remember maintaining that this struggle should not be seen as confrontation with other groups and regions but must be confined in the most legitimate manner. It should be one that promote the legitimate interest of the SSSE and not one that set the SS/SE against other regions. This remains my position!

Let me state that the struggle for a better Nigeria that promotes good governance, equity and fairness irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation remains my primary objective. The LNF is meant to be an alternative where the hope for restructured Nigeria diminishes. Though some of my brothers either prefer a united Niger Delta Republic or an exclusive indivisible Nigeria. That however, will be determined by a referendum should there be any. I, shall however align myself with the position of my people.

The IPOB Struggle Not Our Interest
The Mr Kanu-led IPOB struggle for an independent Biafra is not in conforminity with legitimate struggle for TWO basic reasons:

1. It promotes hate and violence against the State, other ethnic groups and also against members of Igbo ethnic nationality that does not share the Biafran ideology as preached by Kanu and his IPOB crew. Violence was never part of the UN charter on self-determination

2. The ethnic Nationalities in the Niger-Delta are yet to enter into any agreement with anybody as regard the composition, structure or otherwise of the IPOB proposed country. We are already facing a challenge in Nigeria where our forebearers in their wisdom failed to define terms of our unity as a country. In fact, we are working on correcting these anomalies legitimately.

In addition to the above, I find it disrespectful and insulting on the sensibilities of the Ijaws(Okrikans) and the Ikwerres over claim by some IPOB promoters that Portharcourt belongs to the Igbos and they will "reclaim" it. Unfortunately, no promoter of the IPOB struggle has stated otherwise. For the record, the status of Portharcourt as the exclusive ownership of the Okrikans(PH South) and the Ikwerres is non-negotiable. Specifically, not a single inch of Okrika and other Ijaw land, whether in PH or anywhere else will be surrendered to anyone under any guise.

I recognise and respect the right of everyone to self-determination but I have to state that the Kanu-led IPOB ideology is not what my people desire. I also respect the right of our Igbo brothers to their own interest but I disagree with call for violence as propagated by members of IPOB.

I remain committed to the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger-Delta region and also that of every good citizens of the Nigeria State whether Igbo, Yoruba, Berom, Fulani, Igala, Idoma etc.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by zuchyblink(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Edo can go with Nigeria and also feel free to demand ur 50 percent resource control under one Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by eleko1: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Igbos are nuisance.Niger Delta/SS aren't biafra

11 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
In case you don't know, the OP is an Edo state man. So, i'm not surprise. They have a lot in common with yorubas.

18 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Energito: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2015
atbu1983:
We need to set the record straight.

i don't have time to read your post but let me make it clear to you,the good people of IKA will join biafra when the time comes.i pity some igbos who come online to say wrong things about us just because of what they read online
Godbless Ika people
Godbless Anioma
Godbless Ndigbo
Godbless biafra.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by kingzizzy: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2015
Well the OP should know this. I'm Anambra man and there is an Oil well about 40 miles away from house in the village. I want 50% of that oil well going to my community when ever they start piping it.The people of Ogbaru also in Anambra have oil sipping out of their lands and would want 50% of it when it is explored. The people of Aguleri and Otuocha want 50% of the proceeds of orient Oil activities in their land. Anambra is sitting on one of the largest Gas deposits in the country, we want 50% of it. But the reality is that as long as we are in Nigeria, we are not going to get it. So if you think Biafra is the enemy, think again. The Niger Delta will never get 50% of its resources as long as it is Nigeria.

27 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
In case you don't know, the OP is an Edo state man. So, i'm not surprise. They have a lot in common with yorubas.

so , what is your point? is Edo state part of North east or Niger Delta?

oyem4u:
WARRI—THE Itsekiri ethnic nationality of Warri,
Delta State, has dissociated itself from the calls for
creation of a Biafra Republic out of Nigeria as being
drummed by some Igbo interest groups in the
South-East.

The Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILT, expressed the
group’s concern over the Igbo agitation
yesterday in a statement by its Chairman, Pa
Johnson Ayomike and Secretary, Edward Ekpoko.

The body is disturbed that the proposed Biafra
Republic as widely reported in the social media
includes the whole of Delta State.

The statement stressed: “We recall with pains the
day the defunct Biafran Army invaded Warri and
Benin in the then Midwest Region on August 9,

Never again will the Itsekiri tolerate such
invasion. The Itsekiri nation is committed to the
unity of Nigeria and will do all it can to promote and protect it as one indivisible country.

As Major
General Philip Effiong said on January 14 1970, the
Republic of Biafra ceased to exist. We, the Itsekiri,
wish it to be eternally so for the peace and
development of our great nation.”

source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/itsekiri-nation-disowns-calls-for-creation-of-biafra-republic/

11 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Karanka: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2015
I wonder why this Edo guys consider their Opinion relevant in Biafra and SS issue...
Is it still the same Edo people that went around pointing out Deltans to the federal troops to be massacred during the Civil war or another Edo?
You guys have opened this kind of thread severally and you have been told severally that nobody wants to include you in Biafra or SS for that matter if there's a reshuffle.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by mandarin: 8:52am On Oct 22, 2015
Your submission is clear and honestly, its a reflection of the thoughts and desires of many Niger Deltans. I have always preached Regionalism and having 50% derivation across board for all the regions will solve alot of structural problems which include incomes from taxes, mineral resources etc.
If Biafra agitators are pursuing this, believe me all other groups up to the middle belt will support this.
The reality of a Biafra with Niger Delta is slim and even a united Niger Delta federation though better but slim too.
Why? Take the case of itsekiri, they have been under constant attacks from their neighbors urhobo and ijaw and would rather join the Yoruba than risk extinction.
Also, some groups in Edo if not all may desire to go west than south. And as part of the survival tactics, groups as Ebira, igala ,Tiv Bariba, Gede and Idoma may be part of Oduduwa and in case of war, the Ijaw can negotiate a union with Oduduwa even the Urhobo.
The op had talked extensively, 50% derivation and regional government is the way forward.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Energito: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2015
atbu1983:

so , what is your point? is Edo state part of North east or Niger Delta?
mumu please what is niger delta?is imo state and abia not part of it?Edo and Anioma was never part of Biafra we Anioma joined our brothers during the war nobody force us to join.if biafra comes today we will still join so go to hell with your Edo.

16 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Karanka:
I wonder why this Edo guys consider their Opinion relevant in Biafra and SS issue...
Is it still the same Edo people that went around pointing out Deltans to the federal troops to be massacred during the Civil war or another Edo?
You guys have opened this kind of thread severally and you have been told severally that nobody wants to include you in Biafra or SS for that matter if there's a reshuffle.

Stop spreading lies.

Biafra soldiers were completely rejected in Most part of today edo and delta state. In Warri women were killing biafra soldiers by poison.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2015
Energito:
mumu please what is niger delta?is imo state and abia not part of it?Edo and Anioma was never part of Biafra we Anioma joined our brothers during the war nobody force us to join.if biafra comes today we will still join so go to hell with your Edo.

My topic clearly stated South South Niger Deltans. I was specific. So i am not talking about Imo and Abia that are south east niger Deltans.

mryoungdon:

by Ignis Iribhogbe

I have a dream that the ongoing blood letting by Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram, will come to an end and will surprisingly usher in, an era of peace, tranquility and progress for all parts of the present contraption called ‘Nigeria’.

I have a dream that a “Nigerian Goberchev” will arise and break the fraudulent/imposed geographical contraption into 5 (five) viable countries as follows:

1. Biafra (present Southeast zone) comprising the core Ndigbo,
2. O’odua (present Southwest plus Yoruba speaking areas of Kwara and Kogi)
3. Niger Delta (present South South),
4. Federation of Central Nigeria (present Plateau, Benue, some parts of Nasarawa, and Southern Kaduna),
5.Islamic Caliphate of Nigeria (the remaining parts of present Northern Nigeria).

Thenceforth, there will be no more religious riots nor senseless bloodshed of the present type typified by Boko Haram. Rather, the present northern elders will coalesce into the ruling oligarchy of the caliphate and their topmost emirs will be called Ayatollahs.

Meanwhile, the present contraption will metamorphose into an economic subregion rivalling ECOWAS, and with healthy economic rivalry between the emerging component nations.

I have a dream.

Ignis Iribhogbe is a prophet, an apostle of Jesus Christ, and a social commentator. He is a graduate of the University of Benin.
http://www.thetrentonline.com/i-see-nigeria-splitting-into-5-countries-one-is-islamic-caliphate-of-nigeria-prophet/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by nedu2000(m): 8:57am On Oct 22, 2015
*hisses* because the region lost an election that's why resource control and secession has sprung up,who will listen to us now!!when gej was president and the opportunity came what did we do?. I'm igbo but we are jokers!! angry

12 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by zuchyblink(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2015
Edo the almighty saboteurs of SS dreams. So much like thier Yoruba brothers

5 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by sandraokosun: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
dont derail this masterclass epistle. I love the part where the op used the words of the unn sug ijaw contestant becos that is what every igbo represent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2015
sandraokosun:
dont derail this masterclass epistle. I love the part where the op used the words of the unn sug ijaw contestant becos that is what every igbo represent

Thank you my brother

5 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Pangea: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria will never break!
Goodluck Jonathan had the opportunity to dismember this union and he balked!
It will never happen!
The elites has more to gain in nigerian than its pieces!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by OfoIgbo: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2015
No. What Niger deltans want is 100% resource control.

The real question is whether Nigeria will grant them that wish.

If the answer to the above question is NO, which I suspect it is, then Biafra becomes a lucrative prospect.

That is why more than half of those demonstrators arrested in PH, are clearly SSners. Ranging from Obigbo, Okrika, Kalabari to Ikwerre, Ndoni e.t.c

12 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by SweetSoup(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
A tribe/region that heavily discriminate against it's own people in the name of "osu" want to form a country with the south south. The marginalisation of the minority south south would be epic.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by sandraokosun: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Obhia ba! Nice epistle, i think u shouldnt be bothered about their noise. U said it urself. AS LONG AS THE IGBO KEEP INVOLVING SOUTH SOUTH IN THEIR DREAMS, THE PROJECT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The yoruba and north even when they arent one, would always find a COMMON GROUND which is to dominate and punish the igbos. Those two as long as nigeria exist would neva grant niger delta states to igbo. It has been so from the beginning and passed down to generations.

6 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2015
Op is just being delusional, bros get this into your thick skull, Edo state(which happens to be your state) excluding Ika are NOT and can NEVER be part of Biafra.
Someone needs to translate this in their language to them for better understanding bc it seems they are not getting it.

4 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by sandraokosun: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2015
OfoIgbo:
No. What Niger deltans want is 100% resource control.

The real question is whether Nigeria will grant them that wish.

If the answer to the above question is NO, which I suspect it is, then Biafra becomes a lucrative prospect.

That is why more than half of those demonstrators arrested in PH, are clearly SSners. Ranging from Obigbo, Okrika, Kalabari to Ikwerre, Ndoni e.t.c
dont be decieved, those are pdp sympathisers who want to launch at every chance to cause chaos for this adminstration. Every south southern knw where the boundary lies. Ask gej who choosed to rededicate his region allegaince to nigeria when he had the power to do anything

3 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Kingyellew(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Stupid submission, an ingnoramus claiming wise. South south need south east more than south east need south south. Let me tell you; south east need SS just to have that numerical strength that is needed to break away from the British made empire called Nigeria. Not because of hydrocarbon, the whole of south east state is saturated with crude. Without SE, SS is doomed forever. Hausa Fulani has been playing these prank just to detach you from lgbos so that south south would be in perpetual slavery forever. But almighty God can never... The labours of Ojukwu and Philip Effong must be substantiated by the progeny in Jesus name

13 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Trillyonaire:
As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.

Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?

In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.

Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.
He was one of the lucky ones.

The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there
These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.

Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??

I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.

By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market. That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated

Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??

The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

https://www.facebook.com/alaboabiye.akkioabbey/posts/10153267949980028

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by omoelesa(m): 9:24am On Oct 22, 2015
Yeebos,they dont want a country with hausas and yorubas, but want a country with urhobo,itshekiri,ijaws,anang,ibibo etc.OLE!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
atbu1983:

You are the one who is actually being delusional.

Continue to wallow in your stupidity.
Edo state is NOT part of Biafra, stop attaché by force biko.

Having said that, why is Bubu not in support of complete restructure of Nigeria if he truly meant well like he claims.

4 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by baralatie(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
I second 50% resource control or 50% accrued dividends on all federal income from each locality in the ss states.

3 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
sandraokosun:
Obhia ba! Nice epistle, i think u shouldnt be bothered about their noise. U said it urself. AS LONG AS THE IGBO KEEP INVOLVING SOUTH SOUTH IN THEIR DREAMS, THE PROJECT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The yoruba and north even when they arent one, would always find a COMMON GROUND which is to dominate and punish the igbos. Those two as long as nigeria exist would neva grant niger delta states to igbo. It has been so from the beginning and passed down to generations.

Mę hǫnlęn. Obulu.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by najoke: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2015
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority .
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

Na wah o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Starts Following Senator Goodswill Akpabio On Twitter Ahead Of His Defection / Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG / Sheriff To Take Over PDP Secretariat After Nine Months - Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.