Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235886 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Typical Nigerian talking about location when nobody asked him. The immigration cannot grant a visa if fees have not been paid. You cannot change the rules with your lies, it is clearly stated. if you like live in kafanchan but do not come here and post BS.

Those living in Australia are telling you to stop lying.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Omoakin84: Am not posting for negative minded pple like you, posting for those who are living in aus. I live in Paris now so am not new to traveling
and I also moved from gombe to ekiti I'm also not new to travelling undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by aussie2013: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hello
I am new to following this thread.
I am in the process of gathering my documents for the visa application and I was trying to analyze how much I will need to budget for.
I have my wife and two children. Please can someone advice on the following?
1. What school facilities do they have in Adelaide area for children that age...is there nay link to a school site. I am more interested in a christian school.
2. What is the cost of rent for a 2-bedroom apartment...is there also a link for that?
3. How much does one need for food in a month?

I appreciate your responses.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
For doubting Thomas like you, forward your email and I will send you a copy of the visa. It cost me nothing and I wil send you my acceptance letter of study. The school I university of the Sunshine Coast, QLD. But mind you I'm only sending it to clear your doubt and I need just to talk to pple who are in aus. Not you that have never leave even been to rep. Benin. Just se your email an you will get a response
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
And for your info, if you know sammer06 he can testify to this. He is a friend of mine on the yahoo IM
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Americanvisa: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
I applied to that university for masters program but they insisted that i must send my supporting documents and application via mail,is it applicable to you
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Yes that was what I did bro, they need a certified copies of your transcripts and cert
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
Please stop lying. The immigration rules cannot bend because of you. You got a visa because you paid for atleast your first semester fees. There is no way Australian immigration will grant you a student visa without you paying for any fees.

Please stop making a fool of yourself. I have lived in Australia for years and I know how things work so shuushh.

Look at him talkin about Benin republic, my friend you suffer from inferiority complex.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
Please according to the USC website, after application letter you get an acceptance letter, you have to accept the offer of admission and then pay your first semester fees. FEES MUST BE PAID ONCE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR OFFER TO STUDY

http://www.usc.edu.au/study/international-students/apply-and-enrol/how-to-accept-your-offer#accept.

Infact you are a liar, look at the UCS guide on student visa

http://www.usc.edu.au/study/international-students/visa-information

Once you have accepted your offer and paid your fees then they will issue you with COE, which you can then use to apply for a visa.

My friend, an acceptance letter is different from a COE, an acceptance letter cannot give you a visa so shuush.

The biggest mistake you made was telling us the school you liar.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:08am On Jul 06, 2013
@jenney am not asking you to send me any link. If you so doubtful. Then I email you all. My application was submitted on April 2 and I got visa may 9. It's unfortunate I can't make it right there now. I had to differ till next feb and my school resumes feb 24. I got a new COE to this effect. So if you still doubting open a new email just to Recieve this from me that's all. If you can't help with the que I earlier asked kindly keep your mouth shot
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 6:17am On Jul 06, 2013
Am beginning to hate this forum, if it's not serving it's popuse, I joint when am about to submit my application and I never posted anything just until I feel I need a way to get around with an accomondation. Anyway this might be the last message I will be posting here,. Instead of getting a help am getting a huge doubt atleast you can't take the visa away from me. As it is on now the visa valid till sept 15, 2015. If you use to electronic confirmation of visa here is my visa ID 1200112282784L. Passport mom: A03164999. Run a background check, then you will c the details. Probably you are the one who has never even been out of naija

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2013
Omoakin84: @jenney am not asking you to send me any link. If you so doubtful. Then I email you all. My application was submitted on April 2 and I got visa may 9. It's unfortunate I can't make it right there now. I had to differ till next feb and my school resumes feb 24. I got a new COE to this effect. So if you still doubting open a new email just to Recieve this from me that's all. If you can't help with the que I earlier asked kindly keep your mouth shot

You got a new COE so that means you had one before. We all know to get a COE one must have paid their fees. My issue with you is you lying that you paid no fees and was issued a visa. No fees means no COE means no visa. If you got a visa it means you paid our fees, even the school has these details on their site.

I said stop lying and STFU.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2013
Omoakin84: Am beginning to hate this forum, if it's not serving it's popuse, I joint when am about to submit my application and I never posted anything just until I feel I need a way to get around with an accomondation. Anyway this might be the last message I will be posting here,. Instead of getting a help am getting a huge doubt atleast you can't take the visa away from me. As it is on now the visa valid till sept 15, 2015. If you use to electronic confirmation of visa here is my visa ID 1200112282784L. Passport mom: A03164999. Run a background check, then you will c the details. Probably you are the one who has never even been out of naija

Same thing, you got a visa because you paid your fees, don't come here and give nonsense hope to people who have no idea how things work here. People like @americanvisa is already falling for your lies not that I am surprised one bit as he tends to jump from one idea to the other.

I still stand by my post, the embassy will not give you a visa without a COE and to get a COE you need to pay your fees. Shut up there and stay back in that ajegunle you call home

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Americanvisa: 11:17am On Jul 06, 2013
@Jenny,were nwa yoo,if he got his COE without making any payment shouldn't be our worries,i personally have never been in any state of confusion,i have already sent application to the school before the guy posted that he is also going to the same place,i am also a frequent traveler and have worked in my area of profession both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria for about 6 years now,where i am writing from,i have a good job and residence permit,i just feel to relocate.I just feel to relocate not just because of money but for better life for me and my Children in future,asking multiple questions or not does not mean that i don't know what am doing or you think that i am confused,i am 100% normal in my decisions.Last time i asked people to state what they submitted at the embassy so that people can learn from it,i was attacked that i should only concentrate on the check list,i asked again if some one can use business account for sponsorship,i got an answer no and that is what makes my wife not to apply for visa for this July entry but eventually last month a brother in this thread got his visa with business account and i later found another one that did the same and got it,do you know that my advised to post those information could have helped many people here.I use to visit Canada,USA and UK nairaland forum,they usually list all the documents they submitted and every other information but here when you asked,it becomes that you are confused,i will tell you that this forum is good but it need some amendments to suit all.I am always trying to be careful because Australia from visa to school,every thing is very expensive and i am doing my best to shot without missing the target.Please leave the issue with Omoakin84 and continue your good work here since others refused to assist you.Hope you will understand,happy week end
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 06, 2013
^^^^@americanvisa Since we have a lot of "inconsistencies" on the Australian thread re business account and all what not which you re indirectly reminded us of how we said no to business account and someone else said yes which is akin to saying I might be wrong with this COE talk as well. Do me a favour will you? don't patronize me, dont tell me all tha and then tell me to continue "my good work". why not channel your energy towards the CANADA UK AND US thread since they have all the requirements stated there and we nave it not on the australian thread, why not find a way to relocate to those countries that have it clearly stated.

I wish you all the best sir.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2013
jennykadry:

Same thing, you got a visa because you paid your fees, don't come here and give nonsense hope to people who have no idea how things work here. People like @americanvisa is already falling for your lies not that I am surprised one bit as he tends to jump from one idea to the other.

I still stand by my post, the embassy will not give you a visa without a COE and to get a COE you need to pay your fees. Shut up there and stay back in that ajegunle you call home

Just back off,Jenny.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^^@americanvisa Since we have a lot of "inconsistencies" on the Australian thread re business account and all what not which you re indirectly reminded us of how we said no to business account and someone e,se I said yes which is akin to saying I might be ring with this COE talk as well. Do me a favour will you? don't patronize me, dont tell me all tha and then tell me to continue "my good work". why not channel your energy towards the CANADA UK AND US thread since they have all the requirements stated there and we nave it not on the australian thread, why not find a way to relocate to those countries that have it clearly stated.

I wish you all the best sir.

Still back off!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2013
Gotcha
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Americanvisa: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2013
@Jenny,in as much as i like what you are doing here,i did not indirectly referring to any body.In the first place,using business account is not ideal,i am aware of that but it could have been better that people listed it then,others could have learn from that but if that is the rules of this particular forum no worries,i have to express my feelings and also to correct your feelings about my questions because you think always that am confused which i am not.I must clearly remind you that you are doing a great job and wish to join you there and help others also,i have never taught about going to Australia before if not your encouragement and i believe that i will excel when i come over.Please my dear sister,calm down,i do appreciate leaving all the things that you must be doing and come here to help people,i must commend you.I am no longer interested going to those countries,i must meet you in pert soon.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nwokenna: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
Wow!! Its geting hot in here. I jst feel like adding a lil bit of suggestion here and its quite simple.
1. This thread has a name and also has an objective among many of what i think the objectives of this thread are, one of which is ''clarification when in doubt'' no one is a repository of knowledge especially when it comes to immigration matters but i think in the multitude of counsellors a lot of mistakes can be averted.

So pls having said that without taking sides can we pls tone down on our language n focus on the 'medicine' focus on the topic. Advise when u feel u can, direct when u feel you can and have to but dont 'curse' some of us are dummies i mst confess, some of us are high flier 'bad chaps' all in all we are Nigerians and we love to excel, we love to travel, we love to 'make it' and over all mostimes we love to 'pose' as the most successful one.

I knw it takes patience to direct a dummy and @ d same time it takes a wink of the eye to communicate with a high flier.

Now back to the medicine Pls grin
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
@jenny you an old idiot, I gave you a link and you couldn't access it. Where you think you knowledge starts is where some begins. You believe you know it all but you have forgotten that sometimes this visa things works with Lucks and God by your side. I gave you all what you need to verify the visa and you still fuckin insist. I'm sure you are a dumb old idiot
Omoakin84: @jenny you am old idiot, I gave you a link and you couldn't access it. Where you think you knowledge starts is where some begins. You believe you know it all but you have forgotten that sometimes this visa things works with Lucks and God by your side. I gave you all what you need to verify the visa and you still fuckin insist. I'm sure you are a dumb old idiot
[quote author=Omoakin84]@jenny you am old idiot, I gave you a link and you couldn't access it. Where you think you knowledge starts is where some begins. You believe you know it all but you have forgotten that sometimes this visa things works with Lucks and God by your side. I gave you all what you need to verify the visa and you still fuckin insist. I'm sure you are a dumb old fool who think she is a consular
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Nwokenna: Wow!! Its geting hot in here. I jst feel like adding a lil bit of suggestion here and its quite simple.
1. This thread has a name and also has an objective among many of what i think the objectives of this thread are, one of which is ''clarification when in doubt'' no one is a repository of knowledge especially when it comes to immigration matters but i think in the multitude of counsellors a lot of mistakes can be averted.

So pls having said that without taking sides can we pls tone down on our language n focus on the 'medicine' focus on the topic. Advise when u feel u can, direct when u feel you can and have to but dont 'curse' some of us are dummies i mst confess, some of us are high flier 'bad chaps' all in all we are Nigerians and we love to excel, we love to travel, we love to 'make it' and over all mostimes we love to 'pose' as the most successful one.

I knw it takes patience to direct a dummy and @ d same time it takes a wink of the eye to communicate with a high flier.

Now back to the medicine Pls grin

No it's not getting hot in here, don't start something that has been left to the dogs already. Focus on the topic.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by jorianLTD: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
EVERYONE in the house, Aussie is not for everyone we are just here to assist with information but I can perceive some rudeness on this forum, what we Nigerians fail to realise is we will one day go back home. have lived here in the UK for 9 years and Glory be to God I spent 5 good years in her majesty service, will be retiring soon in the BRitish Army left to me I don't believe in any advice its God that has the final say what people say is different from reality. Have been to different countries in the world but what matters is people you meet if you roll with the right people anywhere is good in the world but my only advice is we Nigerians should calm down we are all hear to share good advice not bullocking each others ass and digging out who is saying the truth, Aussie is not heaven even the Australians themselves are relaxed. Life goes on we will all get to our destination according to Gods will destiny can never be changed, with God all things are possible. For me am a solid rock I can survive in any part of the world I find myself and good time will come we would all meet for good no offence its true talk.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
True talk joren, not trying someone trying to see who is lying. Have only came here for an assistance and I get been mocked

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
madam don't be so sure when you are not sure of what you are saying. on a normal arrangement satan dey communicate with God. Mrs Know all
jennykadry: Please stop lying. The immigration rules cannot bend because of you. You got a visa because you paid for atleast your first semester fees. There is no way Australian immigration will grant you a student visa without you paying for any fees.

Please stop making a fool of yourself. I have lived in Australia for years and I know how things work so shuushh.

Look at him talkin about Benin republic, my friend you suffer from inferiority complex.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by sammer406: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
jennykadry: Please stop lying. The immigration rules cannot bend because of you. You got a visa because you paid for atleast your first semester fees. There is no way Australian immigration will grant you a student visa without you paying for any fees.

hey mate, you sound more like Aussies now, you have lost your culture. see how you are talking to someone who is just seeking your assistance. Australia no be our home o. This person you re talking to like this may be the one to help you here tomorrow. Don't say you know how things work here, because things don't work in a particular ways. remember, case officers are different individuals. I applied for my visa the same time with a friend, my visa came within three months but his came after six months. he is here now. I applied to centrelink for special benefit, they did not grnt it. but this friend of mine whose visa came three months after mine is receiving special benefit now. so don't think you know it all.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Aussierules: 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
Please can anyone tell me how much the medicals cost (for PR visa) at any of the authorized clinics in Nigeria?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Buahahahahahahaha.

Special benefits for centrelink

Special Benefit
Help for people in severe financial hardship who are not able to support themselves and their dependants and cannot receive another payment.
http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/special-benefit

To be eligible for Special Benefit you must satisfy residence requirements. You must:

•be an Australian resident[6], and
•be physically present in Australia on the day you lodge your claim, and
•continue to meet the residence requirements for as long as you get this payment
Alternatively, you may meet residence requirements for Special Benefit if you

•are living in Australia, and
•are physically present in Australia on the day you lodge your claim, and
•hold a certain temporary visa type for example a partner provisional, interdependency or temporary protection visa, and
•continue to meet the residence requirements for as long as you get this payment

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/special-benefit

Australian resident
An Australian resident is a person who is living in Australia and is either:

•an Australian citizen,
•a permanent visa holder, or
•a 'protected' Special Category Visa (SCV) holder

Lol @ student who claims to be on centre link special benefit. Aren't people lucky? even international students get to enjoy centre link's special benefit when it's meant for PR's and Citizens only. grin

I thought Centre link is only for PR's and citizens.
I sound like an Aussie? funny.... and for someone who hasn't been in OZ for long, you did well adding the word "mate" in your post directed at me. Pot calling kettle black. Why do I imagine you trying to force the Aussie accent when you talk? you don't force it darling, it comes naturally. Another way to acquire it is have a kid and when they get to age 4, they will train you with it.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Omoakin84: True talk joren, not trying someone trying to see who is lying. Have only came here for an assistance and I get been mocked

who mocked you? I stand by what I said. No visa would get granted if fees have not been paid. Stop lying Mr man
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
jorianLTD: retiring soon in the BRitish Army left to me I don't believe in any advice its God that has the final say what people say is different from reality.

If you don't believe in any advise, don't ask for it. Just saying smiley

jorianLTD: T moni what are the chances have got having a british passport and also coming on aworking holiday visa, can i extend my stay in aussie or change my status. how do i go about this and is it true they check basic travel allowance at the airport?

jorianLTD: Audu 123 AM ADE by name i am a british citizen what are my chances in New Zealand securing a Permanent rersident, Though i will be moving to australia soonest but it seems from my reasearch i realised NZ is easier to get things quicker due to their realx immigration procedure. Please i want to know if i can change my status coming as a visitor on a British passport and what are the opportunities in Auckland.

jorianLTD: I am a british citizen planning of moving to Finland wat are the things i need to prepare for and wat is the pay rate like for full time jobs and is english widely spoken by the locals. anyone in the house to link me up pls i am coming with my money to settle all i need is just putting me in the right direction.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Omoakin84: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
Now everyone in this room starting to see how foolish this madam is, she knows it all. Everyone is a lair. I think you need to ignore her. If she is really matured as we all think she is, then she won't be digging into other people's affairs or success

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.