Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235645 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by laminaria(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
pls has any one deals wit uche okereke fisher who owns daluch immigration Ltd? wanna know about their genuity as regards Aussie Immigration......... thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
I sent an email to that address yesterday, but no response from you. Kindly check your inbox or bulkbfolder.

Or better still, you could share the info here. I'm thinking Perth too...but I read Melbourne isn't bad either.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Domwise: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Everywhere is silent, some recent posts lost. Nawao, there is God o
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by chibuikewali: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2014
hi friends, pls am planing on how to travel to australia and i jst want to no if i will be sent back when there is no body to receive or welcm me.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by richling77(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
tureal: yo! am a nigerian who live in australia, pls am looking 4 other nigerians to be friends with, if there is any here in brisbsne pls get bck 2 me, is geting boring at here.
can I talk to you please?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by haydee1(f): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders in Australia, please which tafe is the cheapest to apply intend to do a diploma program and also travel there with my husband. I have checked all sorts of tafe but tuition fees are not stated. I want to apply against February 2015.please advice needed and contributions,as I don't want to go through any agent.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by osmic4love: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
good day people,i ill be moving to Australia next month....please i need an advice on how to go about the accommodation...am on a 1year working visa.....will be in Adelaide....with 2weeks hotel reservation...please i need a response fast...thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by fendorf(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
osmic4love: good day people,i ill be moving to Australia next month....please i need an advice on how to go about the accommodation...am on a 1year working visa.....will be in Adelaide....with 2weeks hotel reservation...please i need a response fast...thanks
please how did you get the one year working visa?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by osmic4love: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
I used an agent,paid him not sure of the process,sorry!!!..............am waiting for a contact please
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
osmic4love: I used an agent,paid him not sure of the process,sorry!!!..............am waiting for a contact please
The easiest way to get accommodation as a newcomer is to try shared accommodation or backpackers logde. You could look for share accommodation on www.flatmates.com.au or www.gumtree.com.au

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by osmic4love: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2014
@ubtech............tanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by laminaria(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
UBKtech:
The easiest way to get accommodation as a newcomer is to try shared accommodation or backpackers logde. You could look for share accommodation on www.flatmates.com.au or www.gumtree.com.au
as a future studend in oz.. I check flatmates, I realized most of d charges are between 150-200 might be less or bit higher.
my question is can one still share such room or apartment wit som1 after been given d room?
thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ubison(m): 7:58am On Aug 05, 2014
@ osmic4love, pls what's the name of your agent n how can I get in touch wih him.....pls I will love us to b friends via Facebook because there ar something I would love to ask you about your agent which is so private (add me wih UBISON NONSO) . Thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ubison(m): 8:02am On Aug 05, 2014
osmic4love: good day people,i ill be moving to Australia next month....please i need an advice on how to go about the accommodation...am on a 1year working visa.....will be in Adelaide....with 2weeks hotel reservation...please i need a response fast...thanks

@ osmic4love, pls what's the name of your agent n how can
I get in touch wih him.....pls I will love us to b friends via
Facebook because there ar something I would love to ask
you about your agent which is so private (add me wih
UBISON NONSO) . Thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by osmic4love: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2014
UBKtech:

I checked flatmates bro,all I got here is 150$ upward per week,is it like that there
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Domwise: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
It's so unfortunate I have not been able to contact any Nigeria in Sydney or UNSW and because of that, I had to land at my friends place in Brisbane. I will be going to Sydney this weekend, I need a Nigerian that can help, assist or advice me on how to get casual jobs asap, and help me adapt to live in Sydney quickly. Morealso, I'm planning on renting one accomodatn I saw on gumtree located at Surry Hill but I would prefer to share accommodatn(flat or roomshare) with any Nigerian
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by ubison(m): 5:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Greetings to everyone in the room. Pls I wanna ask can someone wih working permit visa b allowed to study in any Australian institution without student visa( full or per time)? Thanks.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Domwise: 5:57am On Aug 06, 2014
ubison: Greetings to everyone in the room. Pls I wanna ask can someone wih working permit visa b allowed to study in any Australian institution without student visa( full or per time)? Thanks.
Bro, it's scam.
Firstly, there is nothing like 'work permit visa'. Some Australia visa subclass has work permit e.g student visa
What looks like work permit visa is: The Australia working holiday visa which is valid for one yr. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not among the eligible countries. The eligible countries are:
" To apply for this visa, you
must hold a valid passport
from a country involved in the
Working Holiday Program with
Australia. Eligible countries
are:
Belgium
Canada
Republic of Cyprus
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong Special
Administrative Region of
the People's Republic of
China (including British
National Overseas
passport holders)
Republic of Ireland
Italy
Japan
Republic of Korea
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Sweden
Taiwan
United Kingdom"
www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx

www.australia.com/plan/before-you-go/working-holiday-visa.aspx
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Domwise: 6:05am On Aug 06, 2014
VISA SCAM AND WARNING
The Australian Government is aware that clients
in Africa have been targeted by e-mails
fraudulently offering visa services in relation to
offers of employment in Australia. In some cases,
the scam emails purport to be sent on behalf of
the Australian Government, for example from the
Australia High Commission or the Department of
Immigration and Border Protection.
Clients should only communicate with the
Australian High Commission, the Department of
Immigration and Border Protection, or VFS Nigeria
directly using the contact details provided on this
website. We advise clients to carefully verify the
authenticity of all offers of visa services and
employment before providing any personal
information or making any payments.
Should you believe that you are the victim of a
scam, you should report it to your local police
and you may also wish to report it via the
Australian Competition and Consumer
Commission's Scamwatch website.
http://www.nigeria.embassy.gov.au/aaja/
Visas_and_Migration.html

CRUISE SHIP EMPLOYMENT SCAM
The Australian Government is aware that clients
in Africa have been targeted by unsolicited e-
mails fraudulently offering employment from
Australian cruise ship companies. Victims of this
scam are defrauded of fees supposedly for visas
or fictitious ‘foreign worker certificates’. It
appears that the fraudulent e-mails originate
from other countries, not Australia. The
Australian High Commission is unable to verify
employment offers from Australian companies.
Job-seekers are. however, strongly advised to
verify all job offers using publicly available
contact details for the relevant companies.
Information on applying for Australian visas is
available on the Department of Immigration and
Border Protection website.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Domwise: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2014
osmic4love:

Check this,http://www.migrationexpert.com.au/visa/australian-embassy/nigeria..............457 australian visa is for all country,make more inquiries and don't conclude everything is scam

Bro, I'm only trying to help you know what you are going into and to prevent you from getting into trouble. Do yourself good to go through info on this Australia immigration website. All you need to know about what you are getting into www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/457.aspx#document_checklist

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by DONRAW89(m): 1:09am On Aug 08, 2014

Whom ever told you that you can get a work visa with Nigerian passport and from Nigeria direct to Australia is the greatest magician.

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED!!!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by DONRAW89(m): 1:16am On Aug 08, 2014
chibuikewali: hi friends, pls am planing on how to travel to australia and i jst want to no if i will be sent back when there is no body to receive or welcm me.

No one is sending you back, but immigration might ask you where you intend to stay at the moment. Just tell them your going to stay at backpackers at the moment. A taxi at the airport would take you to any nearest backpackers lodge. If I may ask, where are you going to in Australia?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by DONRAW89(m): 1:18am On Aug 08, 2014
chibuikewali: hi friends, pls am planing on how to travel to australia and i jst want to no if i will be sent back when there is no body to receive or welcm me.

No one is sending you back, but immigration might ask you where you intend to stay at the moment. Just tell them your going to stay at backpackers at the moment. A taxi at the airport would take you to any nearest backpackers lodge. If I may ask, where are you going to in Australia? And what Visa are you coming with?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Subzydon(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
please pals can any one suggest an agency here in Nigeria that handles Australian visa processing and also takes the task of helpig their candidates find schools, accommodation and part time jobs.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mystical10: 4:27am On Aug 14, 2014
Where are the student jobs in townsville qld I'm dying here

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.