Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,420 members, 7,850,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric (899 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / Defamation: Odili Sues Peterside, Claims N6bn Damages / Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Musa Dikwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by itetemi: 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
More facts appear to be emerging on the allegation by Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that President Goodluck Jonathan gave pastors across the country N6bn to vote against the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), in the presidential election.

A Borno-based Pastor, Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, said on Thursday that the money that was given to pastors by the President was actually N7bn and not N6bn as alleged by Amaechi, who doubles as the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation.

Amaechi had alleged that unnamed leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party paid N6bn to Christian clerics to campaign against Buhari and the APC.

The governor’s allegation caused a stir among the Christian clerics, with the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and the Northern State Christian Elders Forum asking Amaechi to name the church leaders, who collected the huge bribe.

But Musa-Dikwa, who is the Executive Director of the Voice of Northern Christian Movement, told journalists in Kaduna on Thursday that the said money was channelled through the Christian Association of Nigeria.

He said the CAN got the said money(N7bn) on January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3m to each State Chairmen of the CAN across the country.

Musa-Dikwa, who was an Associate Pastor with the E. Y. N. Church, Farm Centre, Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State, under Rev. Emmanuel Kwajihe between 2002 and 2004, said the CAN had started threatening Christians in the state (Borno) that they must re-elect Jonathan in the rescheduled election.

He said, “It was N7bn that was given to the CAN leadership by President Goodluck Jonathan. They(CAN) later disbursed N3m to the State Chairmen of the CAN.

“The money was handed over to the CAN Leadership on 26th January, 2014.”

“Actually, President Jonathan is using CAN President, and it was the CAN President who collected the monies and shared N3m to the CAN executives in each state.

“And some Pentecostal Bishops also collected their share. Actually, the money is not N6bn, it is N7bn. This is what I know. One of the CAN officials from Abuja told me that they have collected the money. The corruption in CAN is terrible. They are corrupting the body of Christ because of money.

“They are now threatening Christians in Borno State that they will deal with anybody, who refuses to vote for Jonathan. And the CAN officials are now campaigning that if Buhari emerges President, he will Islamise Nigeria; and that Osinbajo collected monies from Islamic world; and that the same Osinbajo will resign soon after Buhari wins to give way for Tinubu to emerge Vice President.”

Musa-Dikwa named some high-profile clerics, who had benefitted from the controversial largesse to actualise the re-election bid of Jonathan.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-bribed-pastors-with-n7bn-not-n6bn-cleric/
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by Creamz(m): 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hmmm. This is a strong allegation, and I don't really trust the CAN President, but I think we have to thread carefully when it comes to matters such as these. Anyway sha still March4Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by saaedlee: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
Which one is true sef? But it is pathetic that GEJ would bribe churches to gain sympathy
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by peckhamboi: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jonathan has completely destroyed this country.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by itetemi: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by itetemi: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
this country...................
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by Change2015(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
saaedlee:
Which one is true sef? But it is pathetic that GEJ would bribe churches to gain sympathy

It is actually more depressing to imagine the kinds of churches that happily accept bribes.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by itetemi: 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
it is well
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by mrvitalis(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
so ameachi knew what he was saying after all

Jonathan must go .....
if u agree click like

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by itetemi: 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
front page oya
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by tociano009(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
Fake afeecee pastor
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by Sanchez01: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
I'm a Christian and I do not doubt this; I've never doubted it because the body of CAN had long been tilted and the once dignified body has been compromised, all thanks to you-know-who.

I've always said it, we have little MOGs around and heaven knows that just a few of them are true Men of God. Few were truly called by God while majority of them called God.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by idu1(m): 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by omenka(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wanna thank Seun for giving us this platform too make our voices heard and also express my gratitude to Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, and Ishilove for their fair moderation of this forum.

God bless you all. smiley
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by jorlons(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
OMG!!! Pls let this info be untrue dear God. This will affect the christian body if true.

I really don't know what to say again abeg.........next comment.
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by olaoluwajosh: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
this a grave accusation on GEJ. Why is guy doing this to rubbish the christaindom.

and some pastors have denied them.we are waiting for march 28th. we shall vote these OTUEKE champion out

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by lyntiffany(f): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Coming from a Bornu State Pastor from the North East then what can one say.
Why did it take him so long to come out with the truth or has he been paid also by Amechi the DOG BARKING MASTER ? we all know that's what he knows how to do best.Come to think of it the parrot visited Bornu the other day for campaign.
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by raumdeuter: 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
Breeze don blow, We don see fowl nyansh

Jonathan your time is up
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by johnmartus(m): 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Am still consulting my lawyer on whether i can sue pastor ayo orisajafor for tarnishes christian image
Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by zuberuadi: 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sincerely speaking i wonder how some people speaks. the so call "man of God" was he there when the said bribe was given? can he please show us (Nigerians) some proof?? Nigeria now is a country of proof (Transformation) for example let me show some proof of Transformation.... show your proof... #GEJ4NIJA

Re: Jonathan Bribed Pastors With N7bn, Not N6bn – Cleric by zuberuadi: 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
Dear Nigerians; dont be deceived by the lip change by APC. You cannot find that change in APC. Shine ur eyes and dnt let them play with your emotion. #GEJ4NIJA

(1) (Reply)

PDP Expels Ex-speaker, Others / Ayo Fayose And Entourage Eating In A Public Buka Photos / Help Needed: Orators And Political Technocrats In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.