Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! (21281 Views)

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? / ARE YOU PACKING TO ANOTHER APARTMENT & NEED HELP WITH PACKING? / Am Confused : My Baby Mother Disappears With Our Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by koseepaaro(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2015
dein77:

My faith in Him is unshakable. Thanks for ALL your inputs and contributions.

I will announce, in due time, my decision.

Last night, we retired to bed after some good minutes dedicated to worship and thanksgiving.

She didn't experience any nightmares. Still watching events thought.
Do you know that you don`t just confront a challenge without knowing what really caused the challenge. Just my advice as a fellow nairalander.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by chucktoon: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
dein77:

My faith in Him is unshakable. Thanks for ALL your inputs and contributions.

I will announce, in due time, my decision.

Last night, we retired to bed after some good minutes dedicated to worship and thanksgiving.

She didn't experience any nightmares. Still watching events thought.

In this world, you'll experience troubles and tribulations, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come to give you life, peace in abundance.

Know Who to trust.

And HE is more than able to make you own your own house, built to your taste in your choice location.

It's well with you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
chucktoon:

In this world, you'll experience troubles and tribulations, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come to give you life, peace in abundance.

Know Who to trust.

And HE is more than able to make you own your own house, built to your taste in your choice location.

It's well with you.

Thanks dear. I'm an overcome!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

Thanks, in advance.

Please sir listen to me.
Most dreams are a reflection of the mind, but there are some that are not.
This is a premonition.

You wife is not mad, or guilty or your house haunted.

Someone who your wife loves so much is about to die, and she is receiving this information because she is connected in truth and love to this person and can best pray for this person. it could be a child, a parent or spouse.

It happened to me.

Four years ago, I had a dream that I can best describe as a nightmare.
I dreamt that my brother died. I woke up and realised it was a dream, I was so grateful because the dream had been so real! I prayed.

I had that dream again, but this time, it was my sister who died. It was so real! I woke up and was so grateful it was a dream. I prayed and prayed. I couldn't share the dream with anyone for fear of putting fear in their hearts.

I dreamt again and this time, I dreamt that I died.

I dreamt another time and dreamed it was my mum.

I dreamt again and dreamt it was my dad!

God knows, I didn't know what to do again.
From the benefit of hindsight, I should have involved other Christians to pray with me.
After I dreamt that my died dad, I woke up confused. I prayed to God to take control and help convert the unknown person who may die to be born again, to believe the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
From then on I began to dream very often that my dad died, it became an everyday thing. The dream would look so real! Like I went to the future! Anytime I awoke, I was usually so shocked and grateful to realize my dad was still alive.
This went on for about four years.
I made another mistake by accepting the dream as a "normal" routine.

One day, I dreamed of a masquerade. But in the dream, the masquerade didn't pursue me but just walked past me and walked on. I didn't understand this at all.

My dad died in 2014, and during the burial, masquerades danced in honour of him for seven days. My loving dad is gone. But, thank God, He comforted me by His word.
I didn't fight in prayer well enough. At some point, I even stopped praying despite the nightmares. And I don't want you and your wife to make the same mistake.

Don't just pray. Pray with Scriptures. Give thanks with Scriptures.
"Thank You God that the blood of Jesus Christ our passover Lamb has been shed on this family. Thank You Lord that the blood of Jesus speak of better things for us than the blood of Abel..it speaks. Life prosperity health and long life for (mention names)"
Finally, pray without ceasing.

It is well with you and your family.

God loves you.

(I was urged to tell you this and opened this account for this purpose.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by lockedOut: 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
BellaBambina:
Stop! Why must you say that? Don't you know that some people are more spiritually in tune than others? I know of a man whose brother-in-law gave his guest house to stay in and they lost their 3 children there after he had evil dreams about his in-law, but the wife disagreed and refutted them as mere dreams. After the death of their 3rd child, they left the state entirely (the man's business crumbled and his in-law didn't allow them worship at their own church, he said his church was better). This said man (dreamer) started all over again at the age of 45 and was able to make something good out of his life and family. Their lives turned around remarkably and their fiath in God grew stronger.

I am sure you saw this in a nollywood movie! Why must you lie to make a point?
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by lockedOut: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
SaintMog:
I am a pastor. It will not be strange if your wife is the only experiencing it. Do a trend check on your finance, family health, job etc.

If the trend confirms your wife's fears, then it is real. Compare the above trends before and while you are in your present location.

Should you relocate if the trend prove that it is the compound? ANSWER: if you can gain your wife's confidence, don't. Demons should run away from fire of God and not otherwise. But you must get a deliverance gifted pastor to work there. Your family must be prayerful. After sometime it will stop.

If you can't gain your wife's confidence, then relocate. Demons are real. Don't mind the all comers rubbish they say here. I once handled a case like this and the couple are still living there.

So the excuse you are giving is a trial and error? If he moves out and the same keeps happening will you refund the earlier rent? Oga think well, they have lived in that house for 5 years. The way nollywood/poverty has bastardised our senses ehn!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by snoopy(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

My wife's been having recurrent nightmares. Seriously, she hardly have a smooth night. Its all screams and screams, and incessant dreams of death hovering around us. We have prayed and fasted, but the dreams keep coming. Whenever I'm on night shift, I'm also worried about her safety back home. Its either she dreams of our kids having serious attacks or herself being under attacks. Its really challenging.

A few weeks ago, we visited a pastor, and after some discussions he suggested we should relocate to another apartment/place. I pretended like I didnt hear him. When we got home, my wife brought the issue up again and I told her we werent going anywhere. I told her we should continue praying and believe God to see us through. We've been in our current apartment for a little over 5 years. Now she says shes no longer comfortable with the house and that we must relocate. Honestly, she hardly enjoys the place. Whether or not it got anything to do with what our pastor told us, I couldnt tell.

Today, she brought it up again. She had gone to see her business colleague, and according to her they zoomed off into religious stuff, and the issue of our house and the bad dreams came up. Of course, her pastor friend also suggested we relocate. A little argument came up and i had to leave the house. I'm typing from the office; night duty things.

My stand is this: being a Christian over a decade, plus knowing the fact relocating to a new place may not necessarily stop the attacks, I still believe we should ask some of our pastors to come over to our house and join us in prayer. I believe a Christian shouldnt run from demonic attacks, but should instead fight back and withstand these foes. Its my belief shaa!

I just renewed our rent for the year a few days ago. But my wife is still insisting we relocate. Her health and happiness, needless to say, is very important to the both of us, and I dont want to appear insensitive and selfish. What should I do? What if she is right? Should I stand my ground? What if I'm wrong? Too many thoughts crossing my mind. That will be the third place we will be relocating to within our axis.

Whats the best way to handle this situation? Please, I will appreciate all meaningful suggestions and advice....

Thanks, in advance.

A similar situation happened to a couple I know...they just moved into a new apartment and about 2 years later, the landlady died and was buried within the compound, a few days after, the wife started having horrible nightmares everyday till they had to move out, the wife first stopped sleeping there and luckily for them they had just a few months before their rent ran out the husband still slept there occasionally till they finally moved out...the husband is a pastor in MFM and the said landlady used to be very fetish when she was alive...burying stuff within the compound here and there. I believe your wife could be right, u could do a sort of reconnaisance within ur compound, conduct an investigation abt the people living in the house and the landlord/landlady. Even in MFM they advocate strong prayers to seek Gods face before u move into any apartment cuz aside some houses, there are some areas one can move into that can stunt ones progress...some'in like an environmental limitation. Hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
I am not like you! The man in question once worked for my parents, so I can't be lying. I'm not like you who thrives in a world of lies!
lockedOut:

I am sure you saw this in a nollywood movie! Why must you lie to make a point?
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by ArcToyin(m): 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Let her spend the night in another place for like a week. If the nightmare persists then it has nothing to do with your house but if it doesnt then let your wife check herself. In the course,you can also have spiritual enquiry to ascertain the issue.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.