Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,528 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (40161 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by papaejima1: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
Twaci:
While u are at it, try pepper soup with ur eyes open...
Chai, Naija get pikin dem oo.

Nne you be bad gurl oo. grin grin grin grin
I can't stop laughing
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
These guys are amusing... see how u guys are badgering the guy like say na embassy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seriously we need professional moderation on this site. Which of these stup¡d jambites named the article 'flimsy reasons'?

I'm beginning to look down on this site more and more everyday.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by calebbintus: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
AlpineSnow:

Not much other than where they live. But I do know that they were incorporated into Biafra when Biafra's map was demarcated. Some of them sympathized with the Igbo, while some of them feared that if Biafra were to succeed, then they would be the minority group with the Igbo being the majority. The fact that Maj-Gen Phillip Effiong, an Efik man, was second in command to Gen. Ojukwu didn't help matters. So some of them kinda rebelled (not with arms) and were locked up during a good portion of the war by the Biafran Secret Service. Elechi Amadi was one those locked up. He gives a good account of it in his book "Sunset in Biafra".

I don't really anything else about them.
So u had all this in your head? Or u googled. You Fraud.
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by MrCork: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
papaejima1:

grin grin grin
You forgot we fly without airplanes too.

We use tricycles (keke) to jump start our trains
Most importantly, our politicians carry colored brooms about without sweeping any damn thing while others carry umbrellas even at night with no rain.

man we are unique on the surface of planet earth... I tell You.

...Nigeria?....that place that whr u people keep hyena as pet??.. Don't they sell police dogs in that Nigeria? And then expect we Londoners to come bak home??... Foeggggerrrrrit!!! angry
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by ibrokola(m): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
AlpineSnow:

The feeling is mutual (If you are a guy no homo smiley)

Lol. This is exactly why most people find it difficult to believe you aren't a Nigerian. This is exactly how we the Youth write socially!
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by khassy(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
AlpineSnow:

Thanks. I guess you might say I'm literary inclined. My mom was a librarian/teacher and that's how my interest in literature began. Yeah, I'm definitely going to wait till you folks sort out this election thing. And I'm definitely not going to Maidaguri.
try visiting chibok or Yola... bauchi is good to try too
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by papaejima1: 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:
...they don't even hav elevator....there elector only reach 7th floor..meanin if u goin to 10th floor...u have to complete yor journey wit ladder!

....ther is no place like our London...truss me!!!
angry
Lol

Bro you went to the wrong country. grin grin grin
We don't do ladders, we use trampolines and Tarzan system to conquer our heights.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by 100Cents: 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

...really ...so chino Achebe road a book that made him go to Nigeria which still do not hav electricity for the past 20 years....abi? Bro I juss arrived bak in London from Nigeria and Insted of stayin for 2 week...I ran bak afta 4 days. I don't mean to sound rude but that place look like a village.. How can a police man ride bycycle from one state to another.in 2015?.. Only in Nigeria. I rest ma case! (no oofense) angry

grin keep joking..

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by papaejima1: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Xavier9ja:
lol.... is sambisa not a tourist center??
Tickets sold at Monguno and Baga outlets bro...

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Godiloveu(f): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
obyrich:
Elechi Amadi is from Rivers State. He is an Ikwerre man. His name are Igbo mames. You are right about Philip Effiong. He is Efik. I love your interest in Nigeria. You may as well include a visit to the war museum and Ojukwu bunker at Umuahia in your itenary. Safe trip.

Nigerians! doubting Thomas since time in memorial. so now u believe him right? smh! 4u
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Tinyemeka(m): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
AlpineSnow:

I'm Kenyan. I've never been to Nigeria.

I saw AlpineSnow and remembered the summits of Kilimanjaro.

Was just about to ask if you were Kenyan before I saw this post.
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Mathematical(f): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Generals02:

When are you visiting?
where?
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by MrCork: 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
..do u realize when I waz in Nigeria last week ..the moment I step outter my hotel to go for a walk... 3 life chicken chased us across the road for no reason....and this is the Nigeria u want me to bring ma london white friends to??.... FORGERRRRRIT!!!

.SO Is it illegall to go for walk in Nigeria...bro am goin bak tonged..laters!
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Xavier9ja(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
papaejima1:
Tickets sold at Monguno and Baga outlets bro...
buy ur tickets n I'll have d summer holiday of ur life...............#Runs
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by zigger(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
enkay0525:
Seeing or hearing?
Did u hear what the op or any oda nairalander posted? I thought I SAW them
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mathematical:
where?
Nigeria ofcourse. I thought you were out the country?
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by harrwix(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:
..do u realize when I waz in Nigeria last week ..the moment I step outter my hotel to go for a walk... 3 life chicken chased us across the road for no reason....and this is the Nigeria u want me to bring ma london white friends to??.... FORGERRRRRIT!!!

.SO Is it illegall to go for walk in Nigeria...bro am goin bak tonged..laters!
angry

lol
really I would like to know the name n location of that hotel that rears chicken within it's premises
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by mrkings84(m): 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
A visit to sambista forest will mark a good end of ur trip.
if u are lucky, u can have a share of d 72 virgins. Goodluck!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by stint(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
OP NO MIND THEM. NA SO NAIRALANDERS DEY DO. MAKE I GIVE U BETTER ADVICE
1. make sure u get a visa o. If u go and pay 300 naira at tho border like some people, OYO for u.
2. The best jolof is the ones we eat at owanbe parties. Just be in lagos on a saturday. Wear fine cloth and go to any hall near u, wedding must happen. Dont worry about IV. Just go there and sit, look prety and u will be served. I can show u how it is done.
3. Always ask for your change in danfo o! Expecially in lagos.
4. Stay in the south, Its safer. If u want to go to the north, please visit ife(osun state) first and get ODESHI and the essentials.
Dazall!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Achilies(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
[/color]
MrCork:
[color=#000099]..do u realize when I waz in Nigeria last week ..the moment I step outter my hotel to go for a walk... 3 life chicken chased us across the road for no reason....and this is the Nigeria u want me to bring ma london white friends to??.... FORGERRRRRIT!!!

.SO Is it illegall to go for walk in Nigeria...bro am goin bak tonged..laters! angry

Abeg na who get the chickens that chased Mr cork and his friends We must give those chickens chieftaincy titles.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Trendy4gud(f): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
I volunteer to make all the meals just to help a brother. Secondly, to take you to Achebe's house which's important.
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by crackhouse(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
You didn't include sambisa forest in ur list, What happened?, it's really a nice place to visit especially now that some activities is going on there.
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Twaci(f): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
papaejima1:

Chai, Naija get pikin dem oo.

Nne you be bad gurl oo. grin grin grin grin
I can't stop laughing
grin
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by tuoyoojo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
A lot of nigerian do not appreciate this country so they get really worried when a foreigner does.

When u leave nigeria and go out that is when u then u come to accept those tins we take for granted in this country are wat make us unique. The egusi soup, d bitter leaf soup, the ise-ewu, d kilishi ....

If u have a foreigner coming in the best we can do is to encourage him. Its d name u call urself dat people wud call u. If u tink dis country is useless den don't get offended wen a foreigner calls us same.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
1- Nkwobi has replaced jollof rice now! (just kidding). Party and Mama-put jollof rice are the sweetest and Lagos is the place for that. Gate-crashing a party or wedding is the surest way of getting free jollof rice.
2- Kano has changed and is still changing drastically. Soon the only mud house will be the Emir's palace.
4- Try Egusi & bitter leaf soup with goat meat and periwinkles (yummy).
5 & 7- Enugu state as a whole is a very lively and culturally rich place. Try eating Abacha and kanda, Okpa and coke when you get there. Port Harcourt is a major town in Rivers state. It is a very expensive town too, but it is a fun place to be and if you love the ocean, you will enjoy Eleme, Bonny Island and Okrika.
So you are most welcome to our beautiful counrty with diverse cultures. God bless and save Nigeria.
AlpineSnow:
As a Non-Nigerian African, I've always been fascinated by Nigeria (And no, not because of Nollywood, I'm not a fan of Nollywood). Here are the reasons why I want to visit Nigeria.

1. To Try Jollof Rice
I once read this book by Chinua Achebe where one of the characters really liked Jollof rice. And it sounded tasty. So I really want to visit nigeria and try it straight from the source. grin

2. To Visit Kano.
Back when I was in class seven (7th grade obviously) we learnt about Climates in different parts of Africa. Kano (Northern Nigeria) was one of the area whose climates we studied. We looked at some pictures from that area, and the mud roofed houses (adobe houses?) looked really nice. So I'd like to visit that place.

3. To Visit the University of Ibadan.
It's probably the most well known Nigerian University outside of Nigeria. And a lot of smart Nigerians e.g Soyinka went there. Plus when I was a kid, I used to read this African encyclopedia for teenagers, and most of the contributing authors were from there (the others were from the university of Nairobi).

4. To Try Bitter Leaf and Egusi.
I don't even know what this is, but it sounds delicious. Again I learnt about this while reading Achebe. grin

5. To Visit Enugu.
I read "The Nigerian Civil War" by John de st Jorre. And Enugu was the capital of Biafra at the beginning. So I'm just interested in visiting because I read so much about it.

6. To Visit the Confluence of The Niger and The Benue.
And to travel by boat for a short distance down The Niger. Hopefully I won't end up like Mungo Park.

7. Visit Port Harcourt.
I just like the name of the city. That's all.

8. Visit the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Why? Because some smart Nigerians e,g Chris Okigbo have ties to this university. (Side Note: Chris Okigbo's grandson and I attended the same university. And boy, could he sing! His group competed in one of those American singing shows and did very well)

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by uzolexis(f): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
toprealman:
VISA DENIED.

As a kenyan,he doesn't need visa 2 enter 9ja

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by chinex276(m): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
ur jorney will nt be complete widawt visiting our very own 'SAMBISA FOREST'

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by leofab(f): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
AlpineSnow:

I'm flattered. I'm foreign. Never set foot in Nigeria. I've read a lot about Nigeria and know quite a bit about it. I'm not sure that convinces you, but it's the truth.
make sure you add Baga and Gwoza to your list and if need be you can visit Chibok the most re-twitted town in Africa...

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
J12:

1. Jollof rice. . . Hmmm, Don't really understand why anyone would want to be so interested in eating Jollof when there are similar rice delicacies in the world. There's nothing special about Nigerian jollof. There are better nigerian meals that could wet your appetite. For example, Boli
2. Kano - I haven't been to Kano before but you could have an understandable reason for wanting to visit kano. Its one of the few notable historic places in Nigeria
3. University of Ibadan - Nice University, Nice students with some great alumni.
4. No such thing as bitter leaf and egusi soup - its either bitter leaf soup or egusi soup prepared with bitterleaf
5.Visit to Enugu - Heartwarming and welcoming place. You won't be disappointed
6. Niger confluence and stuff - Not a bad idea. I'd love to join you
7. Port Harcourt - Thats my town although I haven't been there in a
long while. It used to be much fun in port harcourt back in the days. Its a noisy and dirty place these days as I heard
8. University of Nigeria- Great University. Shaped some of the greatest Nigerian minds.

But he is right.
There is bitter leaf and egusi soup....it is an awesome, special way of getting the best of two soups...egusi and onugbu
Cheers

Oh I just read your post again
(Face palm) ...to me
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by ginawest(f): 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
many whites come to Nigeria n dey don't tell NLders ...its either u r an attention seeker or u r from togo
Re: Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. by olaideeeedris(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
Make I here say this guy no be Nigerian. Choice of lexicons like 'class seven', 'plus', etc make me know say u be confirm nija boy. In short, I put it to u that u are an Igbo man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / JAPA: My Marriage Shakes / Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.