Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Dedicated To People Who Broadcast BH Atrocities For Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dedicated To People Who Broadcast BH Atrocities For Politics (492 Views)

Sallah: Kashamu Donates Money & Food Items To People In His Mansion In Ogun / Wike Dedicates Victory To People Of Rivers State , See What He Did On The Street / Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dedicated To People Who Broadcast BH Atrocities For Politics by nku5: 9:01am On Feb 20, 2015
UNPOPULARIZING TERROR - I. DURUMBA

Like every patriotic Nigerian, I've been reading the progress of the military in the North East with pure delight. At last, the tide has turned against the bloodsuckers.

Monguno, Marte and several other communities have been recovered from the Islamists and Airforce jets have been pounding insurgent locations in Sambisa Forest while ground forces are reported to be making sweeps killing hundreds of the vampires.

Nothing can be more delightful to hear!

However, there seems a group of folks on social media who don't seem very pleased at the turn of events. They're those who over the months of the bloody insurgency, have deliberately or unwittingly turned themselves to transmitting stations for insurgency news by gleefully broadcasting news of terrorist successes and of course, using the opportunity to curse at the govt. They are those who keyed into the bloodshed to make political points that promote their prejudices and strike at their political foes.

While I've also heartily cursed at govt's embarrassing helplessness at stopping the carnage in the NorthWest in many of my posts, I drew a line somewhere. I blatantly refused to be a mouthpiece for terrorists by largely blanking their activities from my wall. I refused to make my Facebook wall available to boost news of killers' activities. My conscience absolutely refused to be used willingly or unwillingly to irresponsibly propagate terrorism.

For those who have made a daily meal of exulting in terrorist activities in a bid to appear 'sympathetic' and more pained at the bloodshed than others, I'm asking a question this evening...

If your motives at broadcasting a daily diet of terror was for purely patriotic and sympathetic purposes, have you equally broadcast the successes of the military the same way to let people know that the military have liberated those communities you claim are so dear to your heart?
With the same glee with which you announce terrorist successes, have you also announced the freeing of your beloved communities from the clutches of terrorists?

Let your conscience judge you!

1 Like

Re: Dedicated To People Who Broadcast BH Atrocities For Politics by Welrez(m): 10:14am On Feb 20, 2015
No sane society would put down its military for the sake of petty electoral success. I pity those who say such dastardly things about the military and broadcast their failure to the larger world for they are directly cooking their own misfortune. You can't have your cake and eat it. Patriotism is in words as in actions.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram As It Is / Ameachi Again... Election Permutations. / Nigerian Reacts To Patience' Jonathan "We're Not Conductors"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.