Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) (58647 Views)

Girl Eating Noodles From A Toilet Bowl (Photo) / Nigerians Are Eating Too Much Rice! / Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by reemytall27(m): 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
Noodle could be dangerous? But I smell some lies sha....that miscarriage part is a fib cos when my wife get belle I was damn broke so what I could afford back then was noodles and believe me my daughter is six month old TODAY...so I'm not sure this is real.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by blaze2cool(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
reemytall27:
Noodle could be dangerous? But I smell some lies sha....that miscarriage part is a fib cos when my wife get belle I was damn broke so what I could afford back then was noodles and believe me my daughter is six month old TODAY...so I'm not sure this is real.
We dont pray for bad things not because it didnt happened to you does not mean it doesnt happened and besides people differs.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by blaze2cool(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
iSoftTouch:

[size=16pt] Because you were sacked from Indomie Company is not enough reason to be writing craps...
Even taking too much water can kill, what else you wan write again?
[/size]
OLODO.COM

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Papertrail11(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
dont know about you guys though but indiomie of backden used to taste so delicious now

if you eat indomie now yu feeel like vomiting. ...and its taste one kind too slimey also
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by chimzy2u: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Noodles aren't good for ur health?? Don't wori, cos worry is also bad for ur health
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by clevvermind(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
The op is right. I don't eat indomie at all. I dnt even go close it. It is dangerous.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by osjoshua(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
chimimi:
Please I am a fisherman, can I make use of dat net u are wearing grin. Poor Fisherman,stay away 4rm my golden net grin!
I like your mature response chimimi....
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by sexyjennik(f): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
chimimi:
Please I am a fisherman, can I make use of dat net u are wearing grin. Poor Fisherman,stay away 4rm my golden net grin!
Hahahahaha ur so funny. Can't help but laugh ;Dnaughty u cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by crackhouse(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
I am sure the students won't like this thread.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Holuwajuwonlo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
LobatanLobatanLobatan
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by bidex(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
blaze2cool:
check and make research ur self

na me make d post? take ya time ooo
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Been eating it for long and none of that poo applies... Get your facts right niqqa
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Finland(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
Who didn't eat ramen noodles multiple times a week during college? Unfortuantely, the habit could come with some serious health consequences: A new study from The Journal of Nutrition shows that consumption of instant noodles—precooked noodle-based meals you make by adding boiling water or heating in the microwave before eating—may increase the risk of a scary condition called cardiometabolic syndrome, which in turn can lead to heart disease, diabetes, or stroke.

Since Asian populations eat high quantities of instant noodles, Baylor University researchers looked at dietary information from the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey IV from 2007 to 2009. They identified two major eating patterns: the "traditional dietary pattern" (TP), high in rice, fish, veggies, fruit, and potatoes; and the "meat and fast-food pattern" (MP), high in meat, soda, fried food, and convenience foods like instant noodles and ramen. Not surprisingly, the MP was associated with higher obesity rates and bad cholesterol levels, while the TP was associated with better blood-pressure readings and a lower risk of obesity—but neither showed a clear link to the risk of developing cardiometabolic syndrome.

However, when researchers examined the numbers for instant noodle consumption in particular, they found that consuming the noodles at least twice per week was associated with a 68 percent higher incidence of metabolic syndrome among women, even after adjusting for other factors like sodium intake, estrogen use, and waist circumference. Consuming noodles once a week was associated with a 26 percent higher prevalence of the condition. This relationship didn't exist men.

Researchers think the increased risk is likely the result of the high calories, refined carbs, saturated fat, and sodium content typically found in instant noodles. Women in particular might be susceptible to these negative health effects because of hormones that affect women disproportionately and metabolic differences. For instance, the chemical Bisphenol A (BPA), found in the styrofoam containers frequently used to package instant noodles, messes with the way hormones signal messages within the body, particularly

The study does have limitations, though. For instance, the numbers from the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey didn't take serving size into account, only the number of times a person consumed a given food. That said, researchers hope the study will remind people to be more mindful of their food choices. It’s important to remember many packaged foods, like instant noodles, are more like fast food—nutritionally speaking—than a home-cooked meal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by daveP(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Been campaigning against since she-wa got ill. Her mumc(my cous) was all frightened and they have to do surgery. No diff btw fufu and noodles, its simply packaging........ Meanwhile..... Come and see

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by hismond(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Coldfeet:
Maggi 2 minute noodle

Indomie noodles

Chikki noodles

Mimee noodles

Cherie noodles

Tummy tummy noodles

O! Noodles

Golden penny noodles

Dangote noodles

Uno noodles

Nickus nickus noodles

Sun yum noodles!

I have eaten all the above mentioned here in Nigeria not to mention those I ate abroad.

The best thing to happen in the instant food industry is NOODLES! can't go a week without eating one

Substitute the seasoning which contains msg for nchanwu! (basil leave) and add onions ,carrots,tomatoes and any protein of your choice and you are good to go.

Your husband is so lucky, he has every reason to eat outside
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by RaphaelOjefo: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
MonoSodiumGlutamate is a flavour enhancer okay, fine, I agree....OP tell me say you neva chop 4 buka or restaurant where na Ajino Moto be their maggi before
.... And overweight is soo
out of point hmmm junk food...so rice and eba too na junk food...enlighten me sha....
Regular consumption I see.....don't think I've ever experienced indigestion....and to cap it all.....ure an Anti-instant noodles I'm a pro-instant noodles...
No offence oh....just kidding bro...
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by nkpommpko(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
blaze2cool:
Guy like seriously i will tell u again u think u know too much because if u read and make research u will definitely know more about the health risk of eating too much instant noddles.
stuff it already, he knows so? Knowledge is power, why the complex, with out indomie some children and people would have really suffered in this country, the chinese have been eating the food for ages. Please don't discourage people, I beg.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by plendil: 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
farem:
[color=#000099][/color]

You mean the way cigarette smoking has not been banned in Naija?

But they are mandated by law to CLEARLY STATE ON THE PACKAGE the serious consequences of consuming cigarettes.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by holicalpha(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Let me ask something.... Excessive consumption of noodles causes overweight which can lead to obesity we know that but these Chinese japanese koreans...u see them eating bunch of that yet they are as skinny as shiii
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by nkpommpko(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please!!!! Disregard this post, indomie has saved a lot of lives from sunami devastated south south to war turn borno, one of the first relief material is indomie. Cancer ni, hiv core!
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
chimimi:
Indomie instant noodles!Tastes Great....hmmmmm,can't say no! kiss
in osofia's voice,; who is dis one?
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by ceejay80s(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Coldfeet:
Maggi 2 minute noodle

Indomie noodles

Chikki noodles

Mimee noodles

Cherie noodles

Tummy tummy noodles

O! Noodles

Golden penny noodles

Dangote noodles

Uno noodles

Nickus nickus noodles

Sun yum noodles!

I have eaten all the above mentioned here in Nigeria not to mention those I ate abroad.

The best thing to happen in the instant food industry is NOODLES! can't go a week without eating one

Substitute the seasoning which contains msg for nchanwu! (basil leave) and add onions ,carrots,tomatoes and any protein of your choice and you are good to go.
Potential cancer and kidney failure carrier,
Which one u prefare for ur poster:
Gone too soon
Obituary
Call to glory
Glorious call
Lost a gem
Fairwell
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Paitty(f): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Indomie instant noodles,..tasty nutrition good for u,..this write up tho is educative,.won't stop me frm enjoying my hot onion indomie
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bird food undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
blaze2cool:

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensation
Infact, many local seasonings contain MSG. With its side effects, I don't think flavour superceeds health. Some researchers say
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
blaze2cool:

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensation
Infact, many local seasonings contain MSG. With its side effects, I don't think flavour superceeds health. Some researchers say it affects the brain and I wonder why food agencies still approve their use in production
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by plendil: 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
OP your post reeks of poor, ignorant dangerous propaganda.

No1: How exactly does this happen?

No2: Do you know what styrofoam is? I doubt. Yes it has been found carcinogenic in animals, I'm not aware of it being used in the preparation of food.

No 3: False, baseless, alarmist. No shred of evidence to that effect.

No 5; The salt in the in the seasoning, not the actual noodle, tot he best of my knwoledge.

No7, No doubt, Indomie, like all carbs can contribute to obesity if taken in excess. However the claim, 'indomie a leading cause of obesity' is as preposterous as they come.

No8: Baseless and false.

I don tire abeg

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
blemon44:
are you a doctor

why are you doing this to the company

did they reject your CV
Which company? grin
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nostradamu(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
DesChyko:
No proof? No causative ingredient? No interactions?

Silly!
Are you telling me you're too lazy to follow up on those life-lines that he gave us? Maybe i'm not catching your drift.
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
iSoftTouch:

[size=16pt] Because you were sacked from Indomie Company is not enough reason to be writing craps...
Even taking too much water can kill, what else you wan write again?
[/size]
OK is Indomie the only instant noodles producer
Re: 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) by Matilde1: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
dey don collect indomie from us again. waiting we go dey eat now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / Man Shares The Mouthwatering Food A Lady Missed After She Turned Him Down (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.