Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (1152 Views)

My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo / Watch Your Utterances — APC Warns Jega / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Franchise21(m): 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has accused
former President Olusegun Obasanjo of
ridiculing Nigeria before the international
community and of scaring investors away
from the country by his consistent
criticism of his administration.
In an interview with the Nigerian Tribune,
Mr. Jonathan said Mr. Obasanjo, by his
utterances, was creating the impression
that Nigeria is a country on the verge of
collapse.
Mr. Jonathan therefore advised the former
president to be civil in his criticism so as
not to create the impression that the
country is in crisis.
“For one reason or the other, Obasanjo
may disagree with me as his first political
son. You can even disagree with your own
biological children, as a human being, not
to talk of disagreeing with your political
children. So, he can agree or disagree with
me, but the utterances have to be
managed in a way that it does not affect
the economy and security of this country.
“But I will use this opportunity, because
you asked, to just plead with my father
that he is a leader, a former president of
the country. He has led the country more
than anybody — eight years of democratic
governance and almost four years of
military governance. No other person has
that kind of record.
“The stability of this country is critical in
terms of the economy of this country.
Rating agencies downgrade countries that
are going into elections because the feeling
is that there would be crisis. When you
paint the colour of instability for your own
nation, you are doing so much injustice to
the country because it affects the economy
of the country, not just affecting the
country in terms of security and social
issues alone. It affects the economy
directly. So, I plead with very senior
citizens that Nigeria is dear to us; we don’t
have any other country than Nigeria.
“So, actions and inactions, or utterances,
should be guarded so that we don’t expose our country to
the international community as if it is a country in danger,
a country that is about to collapse. You are frightening
investors, especially those who invest hot cash, to pull out
their money from the country and that would affect the
stock market and it would affect the economy.”
Mr. Jonathan however insisted that he remained a political
child of Mr. Obasanjo, saying he owes his rise to political
prominence to the influence of the former President.
“First and foremost, Obasanjo is a father to me. By divine
providence and the grace of God, I am the President of
Nigeria today. It is not by my strength. But God uses
human beings to actualise His own blessings on human
beings. And he used so many Nigerians, including former
President Obasanjo, to play one role or the other for me,”
he said.
“I became the deputy governor of a state, became the
governor, the vice president and president. I have no
issues with him, and I really don’t want to join issues with
President Obasanjo. I think it is not necessary,” he added.
The relationship between both men worsened after Mr.
Obasanjo’s wrote an 18-page open letter to Mr Jonathan on
December 2, 2013, blaming the president for failing to
deliver on his promises to Nigerians. He also accused him
of making no effort to check the growing corruption in the
country and allowing insecurity to degenerate.
In the letter, Mr. Obasanjo also accused Mr Jonathan of
hounding prominent members of the Peoples Democratic
Party opposed to his second term ambition.
Since then, Mr. Obasanjo has relentlessly criticised the
Jonathan administration and all efforts by party chieftains
to reconcile both of them have failed.
Matters got to a head last Monday after Mr Obasanjo, who
apparently got wind of a plan to expel him from the party,
dumped the party before the plan was executed. On the
occasion, Mr Obasanjo, not one to leave without creating a
spectacle, asked the PDP ward leader to tear his
membership card.
He also announced his retirement from active politics and
expressed his desire to be a statesman.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177307-jonathan-tackles-obasanjo-your-utterances-ridiculing-nigeria-scaring-investors.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by tochinoyi(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
this is a very important issue considering the level investors are pulling out their money from stock market.our leaders should be careful,there is no country in the world that has no problem,how you expose your self is how the world will take you
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by englishmart(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Obj sha
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by nenyibabs: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
true enough. GEJ does makes sense here.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by okpamson15(m): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
True talk. Dis man should stop na

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
Trying to blame Obasanjo for your failures to attract investors. Who has ever ridiculed Nigeria more than Jonathan himself with his shameless utterances?

When will Jonathan ever use his brain whenever he talks?

What a disgrace of a president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by ishiamu(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
The man got no senses that why he utter words anyhow without checking consequences
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by DesChyko: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBJ is just being greedy!
He may have a say in Nigeria now that he is alive.
But he, every single leader and citizen of Nigeria will pay for every hardship they brought upon the people, by their action or inaction.
And there shall we draw solace from.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by clevvermind(m): 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
Time for Obasanjo to keep quiet. he makes more sense when he shut his mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Faibuhari: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBj is behaving like somone that has ulterior motive, he needs to retire to his abode and let Nigerians be.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by tochinoyi(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
this should be an eye opener to every patriotic Nigerians,on how greedy our ex leaders are.tell me if a country like US, china,Australia,Russia to mention but few if we have heard or seen their formal leaders are insulting the present leadership or imposing their will on them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:
Trying to blame Obasanjo for your failures to attract investors. Who has ever ridiculed Nigeria more than Jonathan himself with his shameless utterances?

lol.
If OBJ isn't sprewing trash,do u think GEJ will accuse him of"failure to attract investors"
and who told u,Nigeria failed in that aspect. Perhaps u don't know what failure is.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by themano: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

What a disgrace to womanhood you are.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Even when I don't agree on the context of what the President is saying, I can't help but acknowledge his conciliatory tone. That's why it's always difficult for me to be harsh with Jonathan. When he finally hands over the mantle of leadership this year; I'll bid him farewell with compassion. He's simply not competent. He's not a bad person.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by tochinoyi(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
kITATITA:
Even when I don't agree on the context of what the President is saying, I can't help but acknowledge his conciliatory tone. That's why it's always difficult for me to be harsh with Jonathan. When he finally hands over the mantle of leadership this year; I'll bid him farewell with compassion. He's simply not competent. He's not a bad person.
Broda are you feeling headache that is impossible for GEJ to loose so stop dreaming

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Philistine(m): 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

Be Very Careful.
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

With all due respect, u are the disgrace here!
Its like u have the monopoly of making brainless comments here on NL.
When are u ever gonna be objective?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by kingjoo: 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

Your hate for the person of the president is so pathetic that it will soon consume you. do you think that even GMB hates GEJ to this extent? Even even the guy is making sense you still criticise and make derogatory comments about him. To even imagine you are a female. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by SkyBlue1: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan, your inability to tackle corruption, insecurity and unstable power is not only scaring away investors, but is stifling and killing off economic growth within the country. Stop blaming everyone else and reconcile to the fact that you have failed Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Jonathan, your inability to tackle corruption, insecurity and unstable power is not only scaring away investors, but is stifling and killing off economic growth within the country. Stop blaming everyone else and reconcile to the fact that you have failed Nigeria.
Gbam! The guy is a failure. The earlier he accepts that,the better for him.
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by buskie13(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

i guess when buhari lost this coming election.... you'll just rum mad cos i see de symptoms...
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by omenka(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mr President, stop shifting blames to people. You and the people you surround yourself with are the worst enemies of this country. Your deeds and comments have don't sooooo much damage to the image of this country both locally and internationally than that of all the past regimes put together!

The pardon you granted convicted crooks and reversal of the fight against corruption on all fronts constitutes one of the greatest disservice you done this nation.
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Goddex: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=25pt]OBJ would not take the kind of criticisms
he dishes out to GEJ if he were President
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by tochinoyi(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
SkyBlue1:
how old is Nigeria today why all our past leaders did not ride off the issue of electricity,corruption and insecurity after how many years your there bleming gej that just rule few years ago pls grow up
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by macof(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:

Under GEJ Nigeria has recorded the highest foreign investment rates.
So it's you who has shameless utterances
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by macof(m): 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Which one did the tap mouth obasanjo tackle?
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by sammyj: 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
grin
Re: Jonathan Tackles OBJ:‘ Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by macof(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:
Gbam! The guy is a failure. The earlier he accepts that,the better for him.

Yet he has succeeded more than all past leaders

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Like President Jonathan Would Not Have Lasted A Day In China / Alleged Payment Document Of Kaduna Islamic Clerics By President Jonathan / Boko Haram Crisis: Northern Truck Drivers Criticise President Jonathan On BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.