Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,671 members, 7,844,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari (25717 Views)

Udoma Doesn't Know Nigeria's Debt Profile - The Cable / Fayemi's Huge Debt Crippled Ekiti- Fayose / Yuguda Left Empty Treasury, Destroyed Bauchi - Governor Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by sleekp1: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari's sickness has eaten into his brain if he thinks he can win, delussional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2015
kolonigga:
[s][/s]
how is he confused? u sound confused ooo

*Modified

Check the facts Oga

What has Buhari achieved since retirement? A man who can't manage his personal affairs, can't manage nigeria. He lacks what it takes to turn our lot around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by DickTator1: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari no well.....Gej till 2019 ja re.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2015
cozy7:
Mr Buhari don't worry, since u could borrow 27 million to buy presidential form, I'm sure u can also borrow to clear d National debt.

The Lord is your strength!

At least he is better than Jonathan that stole our public funds to buy his form.
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Objektive: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2015
COWARDS DIE MANY TIMES BEFORE THEIR DEATH...........................................................ILLITERATE PRESIDENT NI, WHO DASH MONKEY.

[s]
kolonigga:
LAGOS — PRESIDENTIAL candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said that he would inherit a huge debt profile and empty treasury if elected president, expressing confidence that his wealth of experience would assist in turning the situation around.
He also stated that his party’s economic policies are conceived to be people-centred, adding that the country would for the first time in over three decades experience a truly pro-people Federal Government if elected.
Buhari said this in a statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, APCPCO, Malam Garba Shehu.
His words: “It is crystal clear that our revenues are dwindling by the day and if we must survive, we cannot continue on this path of near absence of accountability, mismanagement, outright waste and jamboree that has characterised the management of public resources under the Jonathan-led PDP government.
“We can assure the mass of Nigerian people that help is on the way. We know that an APC controlled Federal Government will obviously inherit a huge debt profile and an empty treasury from this PDP Federal Government. We are confident of turning the situation around.
“It is apparent that the Federal Government has suddenly found itself in a bind with plummeting crude oil prices in the international market, but typical of a team that lacks capacity for anticipatory actions, the Federal Government has been running from pillar to post in a vain bid to stabilize the economy.
Buhari-london“Unfortunately, all conceived palliatives applied to save the nation’s declining economic indicators have merely scrapped the surface of the problems leaving the mass of Nigerians desperate, confused and hungrier.
“With external debt standing at more than $10 billion and our internal debts at more than $50 billion, it is without doubt that President Jonathan is driving Nigeria into economic wilderness. This should be a cause for concern for all well-meaning Nigerians, more so when the Federal Government responses to these rising economic challenges have, at best, been casual.
“Emblematic of this casual, non profound approach to the management of the national economy is the Central Bank of Nigeria’s devaluation of the national currency in November 2014 while retaining the Retail Dutch Auction System (RDAS).\
“Dramatically, just under three months after that devaluation, the CBN, obviously buffeted by unanticipated dynamics in the foreign exchange market, announced the closure of the RDAS and the Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). This shows clearly an uncoordinated template in the management of the national economy.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ill-inherit-huge-debt-profile-empty-treasury-buhari/#sthash.wLpoBiL0.dpuf
[/s][s][/s]

1 Like

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by babestella: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2015
Desperado, thief. Already laying foundation to empty our treasury and tell NIGERIANS he did not meet one dollar. By their words you shall know them. They always come disguised with all manner of lies.

Anyway, Buhari will not smell even the gates of Aso rock.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by opribo(m): 10:19am On Feb 23, 2015
See them they are building castles in the air, thats why they die of heart attack. They have not even won the election and they are counting chickens before they are hashed. Our father in heaven will never allow us to fall from frying pan into fire. What they could not do when they were supremo in the military they want to do now. Them are all liars. They want to settle themselves just like OBJ did. We wont allow them to deceive us again. GMB is too old he is 'agbaya' let him go and tend to his health and grand children.

We will never be taken back again.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 10:19am On Feb 23, 2015
buygala:
God will give the People's General the perfect team and the wisdom to turn Nigeria's fortune around...

The shoeless Fisherman and his gang of thieving sycophants have raped our economy to stupor. .. Yet he wants us to give him a mandate which will enable him to finally sell us all into slavery undecided .... God pass am ooo

GOD BLESS GMB AND HIS 150 COWS embarassed
You're too dumb not to see that this man is already making excuses for his imminent failure should he win the election which of course you and I knew that he can't win. grin

Buhari must be a Joseph in his past life. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by TheOtherview: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
Plus the loss of land mass that is equivalent to the size to Belgium

Boko Haram controls an area just over 30,000 square km of territory, about the size of Belgium, according to a Reuters calculation based on security sources and government data.

Source: Nigerians face killings, hunger in Boko Haram's 'state' -- http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/20/us-nigeria-boko-haram-insight-idUSKBN0KS1S120150120
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
frisky2good:
Who be dis?

You are advocating for Change? Ok! After
jonathan, this is *a real Change*. Old
cargo who is surrounded with corrupt
Toronto and canada fraudstars can not
bring meaningful change than bad
change...Alh Gani O Galadima for
president. Sai Galadima! Sai Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by babestella: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
kmcutez:

At least he is better than Jonathan that stole our public funds to buy his form.

Go to court and prove your allegation or you stop spreading malicious lies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
visalo:
What is this old man even saying. What is een giving hime this premature confidences.am sure very soon his eye will clear. Just imagine the illiterate that want to be my president. God will never allow it happen

He is right.....and here is why....

The Dutch disease occurs when the traditional export (tradable goods) sector is crowded out by the booming export sector and the non-tradable goods sector. The lagging traditional tradable goods sector may include cocoa, palm produce, cotton, rubber, coal, copper, textiles and some manufactured goods while the booming export sector may be crude oil, coffee, gold, etc. The non-tradable (non-export) goods sector covers all those goods that are produced for domestic consumption only, e.g. staple food items, clothing, building materials, locally-assembled cars. Where crude oil (and gas) is the booming export sector, the non-oil export sector may be crowded out by the oil sector and the non-tradable goods sector of the economy. This can happen when the oil revenue windfall increases domestic demand for non-tradable goods and pushes up domestic prices leading to an appreciation of the real exchange rate which in turn reduces the competitiveness of the non-oil export sector. This will in turn lead to a reduction in non-oil exports in both quantum and value terms. The oil windfall may also lead to movement of the factors of production in the economy. For instance, capital and labor (and land) may shift from the non-oil export sector to the oil sector (in order to maintain or increase reserves and production) and the non-tradable goods sector (to take advantage of the growing domestic demand). This explains why the increase in oil prices and the subsequent oil revenue windfall in many oil-exporting countries have tended to depress their non-oil export sector while at the same time generating a boom in both the oil and the non-tradable goods sectors. With capital and labor shifting from the non-oil export sector to the oil-sector and non-traded goods sector, firms in the non-oil export sector are forced to either close down or reduce their scale of operation. The boom in the oil and non-traded goods sector increases the demand for imported goods. This may not be a problem in the short-term so long as the country has enough foreign exchange to pay for the imports. The depression in the non-oil export sector and the boom in the other two sectors have medium to long term implications for the economy because the oil windfall will not be permanent given the volatility, unpredictability and exhaustibility of crude oil. For instance, if there is a decline in oil prices and oil revenue, the lagging and collapsing non-oil export sector will not be able to compensate for the drop in oil revenue while domestic demand for the non-traded goods and imports remain sticky. Consequently, the country will be forced to borrow from the international financial market to compensate for the decline in oil revenue. Over time, external debts will increase and so will the debt service obligations. Even when oil prices go up later and there is another round of oil windfall, it is difficult to correct the earlier damage or distortions created by the initial or previous oil windfall. In some cases, the oil exporting country may be forced to adopt some form of structural adjustment program (SAP) to correct such distortions or imbalances. Some of these SAPs are painful and may increase the prevalence, depth and severity of poverty.

Buhari is very very right. Even if he is an illiterate!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Burger01(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2015
countsparrow:
Dis postponement has killed the election buzz sef, Now I am not as enthusiastic as before...

Sai Buhari
One Nigeria
Hang on bros. We shall get there soon. March 28 is just around the corner..

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by felifeli: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2015
kolonigga:
LAGOS — PRESIDENTIAL candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has said that he would inherit a huge debt profile and empty treasury if elected president, expressing confidence that his wealth of experience would assist in turning the situation around.
He also stated that his party’s economic policies are conceived to be people-centred, adding that the country would for the first time in over three decades experience a truly pro-people Federal Government if elected.
Buhari said this in a statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, APCPCO, Malam Garba Shehu.
His words: “It is crystal clear that our revenues are dwindling by the day and if we must survive, we cannot continue on this path of near absence of accountability, mismanagement, outright waste and jamboree that has characterised the management of public resources under the Jonathan-led PDP government.
“We can assure the mass of Nigerian people that help is on the way. We know that an APC controlled Federal Government will obviously inherit a huge debt profile and an empty treasury from this PDP Federal Government. We are confident of turning the situation around.
“It is apparent that the Federal Government has suddenly found itself in a bind with plummeting crude oil prices in the international market, but typical of a team that lacks capacity for anticipatory actions, the Federal Government has been running from pillar to post in a vain bid to stabilize the economy.
Buhari-london“Unfortunately, all conceived palliatives applied to save the nation’s declining economic indicators have merely scrapped the surface of the problems leaving the mass of Nigerians desperate, confused and hungrier.
“With external debt standing at more than $10 billion and our internal debts at more than $50 billion, it is without doubt that President Jonathan is driving Nigeria into economic wilderness. This should be a cause for concern for all well-meaning Nigerians, more so when the Federal Government responses to these rising economic challenges have, at best, been casual.
“Emblematic of this casual, non profound approach to the management of the national economy is the Central Bank of Nigeria’s devaluation of the national currency in November 2014 while retaining the Retail Dutch Auction System (RDAS).\
“Dramatically, just under three months after that devaluation, the CBN, obviously buffeted by unanticipated dynamics in the foreign exchange market, announced the closure of the RDAS and the Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). This shows clearly an uncoordinated template in the management of the national economy.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ill-inherit-huge-debt-profile-empty-treasury-buhari/#sthash.wLpoBiL0.dpuf

[size=18pt]You will only inherit your house this year by the grace of God. You will NEVER (watch my lips) NEVER become president of Nigeria as long as God lives. Amen grin grin grin grin[/size][size=8pt][/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2015
kheart:
The thiefing squads ll not like d change of status quo but we d well meaning Nigerians re all 4 change.

Speak for yourself. GEJ all the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by jamb20s: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:24am On Feb 23, 2015
ollah1:

What's the name of the animal in the logo? Na animal logo dey reign nw
That Is squirrel and its Is d logo of ACPN
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by thaoriginator: 10:26am On Feb 23, 2015
aminashy:
In your dreams, only a blind man would give a dead man walking Nigeria to manage, Tinubu fashola highest debtors out of Nigeria total debt of 3billion usd lagos owe one billion dollars ,party od debtors.
Your Daddy and Mummy will die before Buhari, write it down. Also, save money for buying 2 caskets, no 3 caskets cos you might be the NEXT on the line.. RIP's in advance.
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by nwafuluozoh: 10:26am On Feb 23, 2015
mekaboy:
Already making excuses for future failure.
Guy nothing like "future failure" here. Buhari can never be Nigeria's president in the future.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 10:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Already making up excuses. 4ny. Why don't you wait till you hold the office.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 10:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Already making up excuses. 4ny. Why don't you wait till you hold the office in dreamland.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by Omimah: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2015
It won't speak well of Jonathan if his successor in 2015 inherits an empty treasury and debts. Obasanjo left reserves in the treasury when he was leaving in 2007.
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by aminae: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2015
that was how others inherited from u
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by ManUtdholic: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2015
Who is deceiving this man

Inherit wetin?
Aso Rock resemble cows dat u Inherit d skills of rearing frm ur father

Abi u wan use dis cover ur boss sickness
Like a fellow Comrade once said
He look sick
He act sick
He talk sick

BTW wen will u applaud our gallant men if you can't applaud GEJ

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by sirdon86(m): 10:28am On Feb 23, 2015
Sai Baba
No shaking
We believe u.
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by countsparrow: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Burger01:

Hang on bros. We shall get there soon. March 28 is just around the corner..

Sai Buhari

Thank u mahn...
Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by elbinmanny(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2015
So I have been underestimating this man's mumurity all these while grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by PointB: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2015
Is the bulk of Nigeria external debt not owned by APC state like Lagos State?

Why blame GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by gurunlocker: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2015
who is giving this man hope?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari by inevitableme(m): 10:30am On Feb 23, 2015
Here who is talking! As if u have all the guarantee that u will win the election. Smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried / PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, Osinbajo Vows / Bukola Saraki Visits President Buhari At The State House (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.