Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

How Should You Pay When Importing From China - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Should You Pay When Importing From China (44163 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? / Importing From Malaysia To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by mployer(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2017
IVORY2009:

frm research and wat I do for a living!

You are totally wrong. Over 98% of suppliers on alibaba are genuine. They are verified and monitored.

3 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Youngzedd(m): 7:42am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

It's not difficult to open a PayPal in China, you're still a kid in importation business

I started with Dhgate and Alibaba, i pay with my Prepaid debit card and they ship it the next day with Dhl and i receive my goods in 6 days

Dhl ships free but Alibaba charges shipping fee

In 3 months i had many connections in China and i started using Paypal

China made me rich, i made 4 million in my first transaction (i will never tell anyone what i import)

God bless China

"Dhl ships free but Alibaba charges shipping fee."

Go and continue sleeping.

11 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by okopido: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2017
Nigerians is very fast when it come money and sharp sharp business.

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by IVORY2009(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2017
mployer:

You are totally wrong. Over 98% of suppliers on alibaba are genuine. They are verified and monitored.

How did u arrive @ ur own statistics/findings, verified does not give u a gurantee that a seller will not scam u, u need to understand dat, and also feed back frm previous customers too, dat I know can be arranged.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Canme4u(m): 7:46am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

It's not difficult to open a PayPal in China, you're still a kid in importation business

I started with Dhgate and Alibaba, i pay with my Prepaid debit card and they ship it the next day with Dhl and i receive my goods in 6 days

China made me rich, i made 4 million in my first transaction (i will never tell anyone what i import)

God bless China
always check the date the topic was written before you comment. It will stopped you from looking stupfid.

2 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by dicksonadams(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2017
Guys how can I fund my PayPal account, I tried using my gtb master card but didn't go through. It use to work before.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 1metre: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2017
ZUBY77:
Thanks OP.
Making payments to Chinese sellers is one of the biggest headaches in buying goods from China.
No doubt, China is the world's biggest market and will remain so for decades to come due to the government policies that cut the production taxes to near zero.

One of the reasons why I chose to relocate to China is the same reason about finding it difficult to make safe payments to sellers in China.
Being adventurous in nature, I decided to explore the possibilities of making payments to China easy for Nigerians.

So what did I do?
I opened up Nigeria bank accounts where people pay in Naira, I buy RMB (Chinese Yuan), contact the seller, verify his or her business before making payments.
This became so easy for me to do because I have 5 Chinese workers that do the job for me.

The initial challenge was getting people to trust that you won't run away with their money but we were able to overcome that easily because the two people I started with, brought their friends after successful and fast transactions, the new people brought new people and so on.
It also helped that a lot of my followers from my books were into importation too and they didn't think twice before using our system.

At a stage, we decided to create Whatsapp group where everyone ask questions and buys cheap goods on sale from me.
We don't have fixed percentage, I will tell you the exact current rate of RMB to Naira and Dollar. That's what you pay. The condition is that my company ship the goods to Nigeria. If you are going to send to another shipping agency, then we will discuss how much you pay me for paying your seller in China.
All in all, Global Runs Express makes payment to China as easy as ABC. Okay, what type if goods can one import from China to Nigeria that can move fast.your candid response pls, I hv a flair for importation but don't know where to start to avoid losing my cash

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by modath(f): 7:50am On Jan 21, 2017
ZUBY77:
Thanks OP.
Making payments to Chinese sellers is one of the biggest headaches in buying goods from China.
No doubt, China is the world's biggest market and will remain so for decades to come due to the government policies that cut the production taxes to near zero.

One of the reasons why I chose to relocate to China is the same reason about finding it difficult to make safe payments to sellers in China.
Being adventurous in nature, I decided to explore the possibilities of making payments to China easy for Nigerians.

So what did I do?
I opened up Nigeria bank accounts where people pay in Naira, I buy RMB (Chinese Yuan), contact the seller, verify his or her business before making payments.
This became so easy for me to do because I have 5 Chinese workers that do the job for me.

The initial challenge was getting people to trust that you won't run away with their money but we were able to overcome that easily because the two people I started with, brought their friends after successful and fast transactions, the new people brought new people and so on.
It also helped that a lot of my followers from my books were into importation too and they didn't think twice before using our system.

At a stage, we decided to create Whatsapp group where everyone ask questions and buys cheap goods on sale from me.
We don't have fixed percentage, I will tell you the exact current rate of RMB to Naira and Dollar. That's what you pay. The condition is that my company ship the goods to Nigeria. If you are going to send to another shipping agency, then we will discuss how much you pay me for paying your seller in China.
All in all, Global Runs Express makes payment to China as easy as ABC.

Hello.. There is a site I want to buy from but it's in Chinese, can you provide contact/ payment/ shipping logistics? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by megafone: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2017
ednut1:
What happened to the celebrated currency deal we had with China na
Buhari have scammed us again grin cry wink[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by ZUBY77(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2017
modath:

Hello.. There is a site I want to buy from but it's in Chinese, can you provide contact/ payment/ shipping logistics? Thank you.

You will get more info from our website www.globalrunsng.com

My phone number is +8613544479311.
Connected to whatsapp and wechat
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

Are u still in d biz of importation?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

We are talking about methods of payment, no one asked you to state how much you have made and what you import. Grow up

4 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by addikt(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2017
IVORY2009:

frm research and wat I do for a living!

Lol, cool ..what you do for a living though ...lol

Ali baba wouldn't opend just like ever bro...could you tip me up....
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by bobojoshua(m): 8:03am On Jan 21, 2017
ZUBY77:

My phone number is +8613544479311. Connected to whatsapp and wechat
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by addikt(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

The moment you call the OP a kid, that moment you derange and dull his morale for writing up helpful topics like this.....
thanks to him for bringing up the topic , it really helped but sorry you are more of flaunting your bragging right here ....see the writer below you , so humble and we had a lot to learn from him, I'll rather message others or him privately before I think of you......well, I love your name on here too, be safe smiley

1 Like

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by mrpotter(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=AfonjasMustDie post=52992901][color=#770077][b]
PayPal is not an option

China made me rich, i made 4 million in my first transaction (i will never tell anyone what ...... undecided[quote author=AfonjasMustDie post=52992901][color=#770077][b]
PayPal is not an option

China made me rich, i made 4 million in my first transaction (i will never tell anyone what ......
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 69Leema: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2017
I import with ease from China
I have a trusted logistics company who helps me pay my suppliers
I simply pay into their Nigerian bank account
They pay my suppliers from China
Ship my goods to me with a good rate
It's NBC Skye logistics
check them out at nbcskyeshipping.com

3 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by factwriter(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

...MADE FOUR MILLION!

four million what? Dollars? Yen? or Naira? grin
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

...MADE FOUR MILLION!

four million what? Dollars? Yen? or Naira?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by IKEOHA2019: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2017
ZUBY77:

My phone number is +8613544479311.
Connected to whatsapp and wechat
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Fastlinkpro: 9:43am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

Hmm don start,na so them go de lie
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 2sexynet: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2017
modath:

use google translator in chrome. I believe you mean 1688.com
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by moonraker(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2017
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=AfonjasMustDie post=52992901][color=#770077][b]
PayPal is not an option

God bless China

The statement below was absolutely not necessary

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Bwaal(m): 10:30am On Jan 21, 2017
spymybox:
Payment Options
When we asked entrepreneurs if they wanted a comprehensive course on how to import from China, they all said yes. The biggest concern they had was payment. How should they pay their supplier. So we decided to make The truth is that there are many scammers online. And at the end of the day the only real way to protect yourself is to develop a relationship with your supplier and have that trust. Because let’s face it, if you send 10,000 USD to a supplier half way around the world, what is really stopping them from taking you money and disappearing?

A key rule is to always purchase a small order first. Do a test payment to see how the suppler handles the orders. Make sure you do your background check and verify them as a legit supplier. Here is a list of of payment methods you should use when making payment overseas.

PayPal

You may think that people who don’t have PayPal are scammers. The truth is that it is kind of difficult to open a PayPal account in China. But many supplier do accept it. so if you can find those suppliers you are good. PayPal is great because they have an awesome depart for scams and you can open up a dispute. While you may not always win, you are more protected with PayPal then sending a money order or doing Western Union. They have shifted more to a buyer friendly structure. So the power is on your side.

Escrow

What is escrow? With escrow you send the money to a 3 rd who holds the funds. the funds are only release when you confirm that y0u have received your items and they are satisfactory. This is the safe payment method because you pay when you get your product. AliPay is Alibaba’s escrow service. I have used it a couple times to get some watches and to do big order of adhesive collar strips. No problems.

If a supplier doesn’t do escrow or just accepts Western Union or Money Gram, it is possible you can pay and not hear from them again. If someone is selling you Beats by Dre and you can only pay them with wire transfer, you are going to get scammed. No if, ands, or buts about it. For one they should n’t be selling a branded product and not wanting to give you that extra layer of protection is a sure tell sign of a scammer.

Wire Transfer

So with this method of payment you are send money from your bank account to a supplier’s bank account. Sounds a little fishy? Well it depends. To start if offers NO protection from scammers.

You should only do this with suppliers you trust. When we did the Alibaba Crash Course, I had a chance to interview Ajit Nawalkha of Mindvalley Productions. He imports and manufactures for people. He said that he does wire transfers with suppliers now who he has done business with for long periods of time. The wire transfers are automatic.

These transfers take 3-5 business days and the transfer fees with vary from bank to bank. Fee will vary depending on your bank. You should alway be sending money to a business account, never a personal one.

Credit/Debit cards

Think of this as another layer of protection. Its one of the safest ways to operate. Why? Because you are using other people’s money. And banks don’t play about their money.

Chinese companies may be a little hesitant, but American companies usually won’t have a problem with it. Legit companies who accept credit cards, more than likely haver a merchant account and had to go through verification to get it.

There are a couple reasons you may want to use credit cards when dealing with suppliers. One is the added layer of protection. If you use this with PayPal, you have two layers of protection. Most companies will do a charge back if something goes wrong with your order. So the advantage is on your side. next advantage is that you can use points. Edmund recently realized that he has tons of points from all the order he has made over the years.

Taxes
Look out for taxes when importing from China. Like regular income taxes, you can be so caught up that you “forget” it. The taxes you will deal with

Import Duty
A tax collected on imports and exports by Customs of a country. It is based on the value of goods or the weight, dimensions, or other criteria of the item such as its size. It is also called tariff or import tariff. This tax is used to raise state revenue.

These import duties vary based on the product. Check the rates with http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Value Added Tax (VAT)
A type of consumption tax that is placed on a product whenever value is added at a stage of production and at final sale. Value-added tax is most often used in the European Union.

Here is an example. A computer is built by a company in Europe the manufacturer is charged a value-added tax on the suppliers purchased to produce the computer. Once the Computer reaches store display, the consumer who purchases it must pay the value-added tax. VAT is the value of the good + the shipping + the import duty.

The purpose of VAT is to generate tax revenues to the government similar to the corporate income tax or the personal income tax. A VAT is like a sales tax the consumer sees. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the later, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. This tax is paid every time an order is made.

To put it in to perspective, VAT was implemented in China in 1984. In 2007, the revenue from VAT was 15.47 billion yuan ($2.2 billion). It made up 34 % of China’s total tax revenue for the year. Thats a lot of cash!

Sources: Wikipedia and Investopedia

http://chinnko.com/index.php?u=/topic/159/how-should-you-pay-when-importing-from-china

Check ur inbox
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Bwaal(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2017
Lanceslot:
Good one. Listen to whatever ZUBY77 tells you, he's the boss when it comes to importation business.
can we talk via what app
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Bwaal(m): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2017
mployer:
Save urself the headache. Find payment agents, pay them in naira and they pay ur supplier in dollar or yuan. Do it the igbo boys way wink

Can we talk via what app bro? ?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Bwaal(m): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2017
Chrismario:

Are u still in d biz of importation?
can I connect you via what app bro?? 08137326358
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by mployer(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2017
Bwaal:

Can we talk via what app bro? ?
No prob.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by adejone(m): 11:03am On Jan 21, 2017
2sexynet:
use google translator in chrome. I believe you mean 1688.com
I admire your zeal and determination towards seeing opportunities. I really want to be like you, help a son
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by ogawisdom(m): 11:10am On Jan 21, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

PayPal is not an option

God bless China

Bro I am interested in this mini importation biz, if u can put me through it I won't mind even at extra cost. Is it really profitable n can one start with 200k
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by pavone11: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2017
ZUBY77:
Thanks OP.

So what did I do?

All in all, Global Runs Express makes payment to China as easy as ABC.
You can get in contact with +8613544479311

Whatsapp, Wechat, etc...
And for those who wish to use our shipping services to send goods to Nigeria, you can just ask your supplier to send the goods to our Head Office in Guanzgzhou.

In Chinese: 广东省广州市越秀区环市西路130号宇宙服装鞋业广场C区C302
In English: C302, C Area, Universe Clothing and Footwear Square, No 130 Huanshi Xi Road, Guangzhou, China
Contact Person: Samson (Zuby)

Simply add your name and my phone number to the address, that way, i will know who owns what whenit arrives.

Kindly add me to your whatsapp group
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Schwartz: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2017
As soon as Nigerians begin to realise that flooding the country with foreign goods is doing so much harm than good to the economy, the better for everybody. We need to start producing what we use, its weakening the naira. All the western countries produce for themselves. At this period of recession if we start to become self reliant and productive we cab come out of it
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Kingsley1000(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
pls i want to start importing android phones from china

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Residents Loot Next Cash & Carry, As The Store Burns (Video) / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.