Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Should You Pay When Importing From China - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Should You Pay When Importing From China (44189 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? / Importing From Malaysia To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 2sexynet: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

Yea and it doesn't make any difference

I know a lot of people based in Nigeria who run the same business and are more successful than me
I know bro. I am gearing up already. Been trying to get a Chinese person that I can trust to help me get goods at Cheaper cost and shipping. Dollar exchange rate is killing us down here.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by tectonotimes: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
spymybox:
Payment Options
When we asked entrepreneurs if they wanted a comprehensive course on how to import from China, they all said yes. The biggest concern they had was payment. How should they pay their supplier. So we decided to make The truth is that there are many scammers online. And at the end of the day the only real way to protect yourself is to develop a relationship with your supplier and have that trust. Because let’s face it, if you send 10,000 USD to a supplier half way around the world, what is really stopping them from taking you money and disappearing?

A key rule is to always purchase a small order first. Do a test payment to see how the suppler handles the orders. Make sure you do your background check and verify them as a legit supplier. Here is a list of of payment methods you should use when making payment overseas.

PayPal

You may think that people who don’t have PayPal are scammers. The truth is that it is kind of difficult to open a PayPal account in China. But many supplier do accept it. so if you can find those suppliers you are good. PayPal is great because they have an awesome depart for scams and you can open up a dispute. While you may not always win, you are more protected with PayPal then sending a money order or doing Western Union. They have shifted more to a buyer friendly structure. So the power is on your side.

Escrow

What is escrow? With escrow you send the money to a 3 rd who holds the funds. the funds are only release when you confirm that y0u have received your items and they are satisfactory. This is the safe payment method because you pay when you get your product. AliPay is Alibaba’s escrow service. I have used it a couple times to get some watches and to do big order of adhesive collar strips. No problems.

If a supplier doesn’t do escrow or just accepts Western Union or Money Gram, it is possible you can pay and not hear from them again. If someone is selling you Beats by Dre and you can only pay them with wire transfer, you are going to get scammed. No if, ands, or buts about it. For one they should n’t be selling a branded product and not wanting to give you that extra layer of protection is a sure tell sign of a scammer.

Wire Transfer

So with this method of payment you are send money from your bank account to a supplier’s bank account. Sounds a little fishy? Well it depends. To start if offers NO protection from scammers.

You should only do this with suppliers you trust. When we did the Alibaba Crash Course, I had a chance to interview Ajit Nawalkha of Mindvalley Productions. He imports and manufactures for people. He said that he does wire transfers with suppliers now who he has done business with for long periods of time. The wire transfers are automatic.

These transfers take 3-5 business days and the transfer fees with vary from bank to bank. Fee will vary depending on your bank. You should alway be sending money to a business account, never a personal one.

Credit/Debit cards

Think of this as another layer of protection. Its one of the safest ways to operate. Why? Because you are using other people’s money. And banks don’t play about their money.

Chinese companies may be a little hesitant, but American companies usually won’t have a problem with it. Legit companies who accept credit cards, more than likely haver a merchant account and had to go through verification to get it.

There are a couple reasons you may want to use credit cards when dealing with suppliers. One is the added layer of protection. If you use this with PayPal, you have two layers of protection. Most companies will do a charge back if something goes wrong with your order. So the advantage is on your side. next advantage is that you can use points. Edmund recently realized that he has tons of points from all the order he has made over the years.

Taxes
Look out for taxes when importing from China. Like regular income taxes, you can be so caught up that you “forget” it. The taxes you will deal with

Import Duty
A tax collected on imports and exports by Customs of a country. It is based on the value of goods or the weight, dimensions, or other criteria of the item such as its size. It is also called tariff or import tariff. This tax is used to raise state revenue.

These import duties vary based on the product. Check the rates with http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Value Added Tax (VAT)
A type of consumption tax that is placed on a product whenever value is added at a stage of production and at final sale. Value-added tax is most often used in the European Union.

Here is an example. A computer is built by a company in Europe the manufacturer is charged a value-added tax on the suppliers purchased to produce the computer. Once the Computer reaches store display, the consumer who purchases it must pay the value-added tax. VAT is the value of the good + the shipping + the import duty.

The purpose of VAT is to generate tax revenues to the government similar to the corporate income tax or the personal income tax. A VAT is like a sales tax the consumer sees. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the later, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. This tax is paid every time an order is made.

To put it in to perspective, VAT was implemented in China in 1984. In 2007, the revenue from VAT was 15.47 billion yuan ($2.2 billion). It made up 34 % of China’s total tax revenue for the year. Thats a lot of cash!

Sources: Wikipedia and Investopedia

http://chinnko.com/index.php?u=/topic/159/how-should-you-pay-when-importing-from-china

MODERN DAY’S IMPORT MANAGEMENT MANUAL
Modern day’s import management manual explains the step by step guide to importation from other countries to Nigeria. It contains import operations, import management, documentations and other educative and informative topics like custom compliant management, import prohibition lists etc. To get it, click on this link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/05/booked_85.html

1 Like

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by AfonjasMustProsper(m): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
2sexynet:
I know bro. I am gearing up already. Been trying to get a Chinese person that I can trust to help me get goods at Cheaper cost and shipping. Dollar exchange rate is killing us down here.

There are all trustworthy
Only deal with them on Alibaba or Dhgate
Don't send them money outside of the e-commerce websites
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by brandable: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

I have the money to use DHL shipping

I buy Apple headphones for $1 per piece and sell them in the USA for $12 per piece, you see how much profit I'm making ??

I usually buy 4000 pieces every month, now multiply the $11 profit to 4000, do you see my profit ??

I have thousands of items i sell and make huge profit on them, items like screen protector, chargers, phone case and many other things

If you buy on Dhgate, they ship it for free but if you buy on Alibaba, they charge shipping fee
Oga biko you go like do tutorial for guys on this your importation. I no mind the fee.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 04, 2017
Bros,@ what exchange rate does he charge u 1yuan: 44naira?
Sochimaobim:
I don't really know about all these and I import from China almost every month. This is because my childhood friend is living there and anytime I want to import, he sends me a Nigerian account (diff accts all the time) to pay my naira into. Next I get exactly what I ordered for. I don't knw how he does it though. But this writeup is very helpful and I will study it well incase of the future. Thanks OP
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 04, 2017
Bros @ what rate?
69Leema:
I import with ease from China
I have a trusted logistics company who helps me pay my suppliers
I simply pay into their Nigerian bank account
They pay my suppliers from China
Ship my goods to me with a good rate
It's NBC Skye logistics
check them out at nbcskyeshipping.com
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 69Leema: 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
With rates as low as Express $8/kg and #500/kg customs clearing===24hrs delivery. . Normal Cargo $4.5/kg and #380/kg customs clearing.===7days

NBC can help you search for suppliers in China,
$4 for procurement, no matter the quantity
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 2sexynet: 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
69Leema:

With rates as low as Express $8/kg and #500/kg customs clearing===24hrs delivery. . Normal Cargo $4.5/kg and #380/kg customs clearing.===7days

NBC can help you search for suppliers in China,
$4 for procurement, no matter the quantity

for a new account created January 2017. Anybody who falls for this your review don enter one chance. You try.

3 Likes

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
AfonjasMustProsper:

There are all trustworthy
Only deal with them on Alibaba or Dhgate
Don't send them money outside of the e-commerce websites

Bro I have been trying to reach out to you. Please I sent you a pm or instead kindly chat me on 09059669894 for serious deals. Thanks
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by dyonpoint: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
Plz guys I want to buy an item from aliexpress nd it cost 270$. Please how can I make the payment. Due to the limit on ATM this payment will not be possible.
Please if you know of any reliable way or company that can help plz tell me. Thanks.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by munezo(m): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2017
I am having same issue here. I was told by my bank that the monthly spending limit online is now $100 as set by CBN.

They even said their card (VISA) does not work on all chinese owned websites.

Whoever has a way out of this mess should tell us, please.

dyonpoint:
Plz guys I want to buy an item from aliexpress nd it cost 270$. Please how can I make the payment. Due to the limit on ATM this payment will not be possible.
Please if you know of any reliable way or company that can help plz tell me. Thanks.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Donsy(m): 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
2sexynet:
for a new account created January 2017. Anybody who falls for this your review don enter one chance. You try.
Bro NBC SKYE LOGISTICS is not scam or one chance as you said, we are reliable, tested and trusted. For more details login www.nbcskyeshipping.com
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by franzis(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
Schwartz:
As soon as Nigerians begin to realise that flooding the country with foreign goods is doing so much harm than good to the economy, the better for everybody. We need to start producing what we use, its weakening the naira. All the western countries produce for themselves. At this period of recession if we start to become self reliant and productive we cab come out of it
like u won't import the materials or machine for the so called production
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by franzis(m): 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
dyonpoint:
no other way except u get a dollar domiciliary account and card, fund with dollars at black market rate and make your order... Or buy alipocket coupon on aliexpress with 3 different cards
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by franzis(m): 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
For me this is the best logistics and shipping service from China , freight charges are 3usd/kg and clearing​ @ 300/kg

Choice Int'l Forwarding Co., Ltd.
Hello everybody:
This is Alin from china,working in Choice Int'l Forwarding Co., Ltd.
Our company mainly provide to Nigeria transport channels in China ,our company have been 20 years of history。
If you have goods need to transport from China to Nigeria, please contact me。
by air and by sea can be!!!

The contact:Alin
The phone number:+8613802739070
whatsapp:+8613802739070

WeChat:+8613802739070

Email:choicealin@qq.com

www.choicexp.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 11:22am On Apr 18, 2017
franzis:
For me this is the best logistics and shipping service from China , freight charges are 3usd/kg and clearing​ @ 300/kg

Choice Int'l Forwarding Co., Ltd.
Hello everybody:
This is Alin from china,working in Choice Int'l Forwarding Co., Ltd.
Our company mainly provide to Nigeria transport channels in China ,our company have been 20 years of history。
If you have goods need to transport from China to Nigeria, please contact me。
by air and by sea can be!!!

The contact:Alin
The phone number:+8613802739070
whatsapp:+8613802739070

WeChat:+8613802739070

Email:choicealin@qq.com

www.choicexp.com

site translated still shows chinese. what to do?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by franzis(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2017
Trippledots:

site translated still shows chinese. what to do?
the best you need do is add that phone number to your WhatsApp and chat with the lady ,she will provide you first hand info or better still open the site on a pc there is where to select English language
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 11:35am On Apr 18, 2017
2sexynet:

shocked shocked shocked u be woman? i for some reasons thought u waas a guy. ur lips are juicy
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2017
franzis:
the best you need do is add that phone number to your WhatsApp and chat with the lady ,she will provide you first hand info or better still open the site on a pc there is where to select English language

seen. thanks. i was on pc all d while.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2017
AfonjasMustProsper:

I have the money to use DHL shipping

I buy Apple headphones for $1 per piece and sell them in the USA for $12 per piece, you see how much profit I'm making ??

I usually buy 4000 pieces every month, now multiply the $11 profit to 4000, do you see my profit ??

I have thousands of items i sell and make huge profit on them, items like screen protector, chargers, phone case and many other things

If you buy on Dhgate, they ship it for free but if you buy on Alibaba, they charge shipping fee

something like drop shipping right? i stumbled on that on YouTube, but it was presented by an american. i didn't knw how to do it from here.

Any materials or persons u can recommend to read up or research on?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 2sexynet: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
Trippledots:

shocked shocked shocked u be woman? i for some reasons thought u waas a guy. ur lips are juicy
undecided undecided undecided undecided dude, i get 3 legs... i don't do men biko.
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
2sexynet:
undecided undecided undecided undecided dude, i get 3 legs... i don't do men biko.

AYAMA....why u kon use dat beb pix na.... angry
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by 2sexynet: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
Trippledots:

AYAMA....why u kon use dat beb pix na.... angry
u sef ayama... tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Trippledots(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin grin...YIMU JARE

2sexynet:
u sef ayama... tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by willian10: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Contact me, I will help you pay your Chinese supplier, instantly
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by eben123(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2017
Hi,I can help you order for payoneer card and have it shipped out to you, call or whatsapp 08171050192
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Roseey0(f): 3:23pm On May 07, 2017
Pls
Someone should help a sister
I have some change in my alipay on aliexpress
Now want to pay for a product on Alibaba
Will my alipay work on Alibaba?
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by africanman85: 4:36pm On May 07, 2017
kul
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Roseey0(f): 9:06pm On May 07, 2017
any one plzz
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Emmey67: 9:30pm On May 07, 2017
I can help you pay on any Chinese site aliexpress, Alibaba, facebook ads any other site for amount above $100.

contact me 08183392652
I don't help SCAMMERS ,SO STAY OFF
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by Egonne1(f): 3:54pm On May 10, 2017
Hello people. Need help in making your web payments on aliexpress, alibaba and the likes. I can help make the foreign payment while u credit me naira. Contact my signature if interested. Rate is cool too and there is no limit to the amount I can deal. Number is +234 701 247 0952. Call or WhatsApp
Re: How Should You Pay When Importing From China by africanman85: 6:36pm On May 10, 2017
AfonjasMustProsper:

Yea and it doesn't make any difference

I know a lot of people based in Nigeria who run the same business and are more successful than me
How can I run this type of business from Nigeria ? I need your contact pls africanman85op@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Naira Exchange Rates Today / Naira Appreciates Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.