Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola (3121 Views)

Houses & Cars Belonging To Kidnappers In Kogi Destroyed By Governor Bello. PICS / Gov. Fayose With Local Hunters At The EGEM Official Launch Today (photos) / FRSC Disowns Traffic Offender Arrested By Governor Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2015
Metro Bus, sister company to Metro Taxi and subsidary of Philly and Mools Group has just launched a Hundred Air conditioned buses to run designated routes in the Lagos Metropolis.

The launch which took place at LASTMA yard Oshodi, had the presence of the Governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Fashola, Commissioner for Transportation ,Comrade Kayode Opeifa, Niyi Oguntoyinbo, Group CEO Philly and Mools and MD of LAGBUS, Mr Babatunde Disu. 

During the launch, Mr Oguntoyinbo stated that part of the innovative facilities available on the buses are access through pre-loaded cards that would generate 5,000 jobs for people living in Lagos, cameras transmitting live feeds on the go and free wifi services on the buses. 

"Passengers can also send short message service) SMS to a designated number to know when the bus will arrive at their bustop, because it has been noticed that a lot of people wait at bustops unnecessarily " Oguntoyinbo said.

He added that‎ the buses had been equipped with facilities that will enable the operators see the buses in real time through CCTV cameras from the customer care centres. 

According to him, there would be security camera on board to ensure safety of passengers. The live feeds from the camera will be made available to security agencies to be able to track any mishap. 

‎State Governor, Babatunde Fashola) SAN described the project as a significant step in the effort to connect the nooks and crannies of Lagos via public- private driven transport network schemes. He commended the scheme and encouraged financial institutions to support the initiative. 

‎Metro Bus plans to steadily increase the fleet to 1800 buses, serving a total of 47 routes across the state.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/02/photos-metro-bus-official-launch-by-gov.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+/OqshX+(Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji's+Blog)&m=1

2 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by olabodejinad: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2015
Nice one fashola, let the PDP come and do what they do best, CRITICIZE!!!

sai Buhari!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by bewla(m): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2015
am coming
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by egift(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
With men like Fashola, Pat Utomi, Soludo, Oby and others in line to play active role in a Buhari's Presidency, Nigeria is on track to greatness.

6 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by chamboy(m): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2015
egift:
With men like Fashola, Pat Utomi, Soludo, Oby and others in line to play active role in a Buhari's Presidency, Nigeria is on track to greatness.
How I wish, Aunty Dora was still Alive. She would have Port since

9 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2015
This is mere propaganda. The buses are not real
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 24, 2015
egift:

SMH SMH SMH.... A "500 Billion Naira budget" Governor commissioning "Buses" and its great an achievement waooo Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy....
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by drtwist(m): 7:53am On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by omenka(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2015
egift:
The thought of it alone makes me drool with anticipation... grin

8 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by omenka(m): 8:09am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:
We know it is mere "propaganda". Even if you were sitting in one of the buses as you type this, you would still tell the world it is "mere propaganda".

Why the bitterness?? What happened to you?? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Ikengawo: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2015
chamboy:
How I wish, Aunty Dora was still Alive. She would have Port since
from APGA? You're dumb

2 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by chamboy(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2015
Ikengawo:
from APGA? You're dumb
Baba Forget Apga, she would support Buhari Presidential bid

5 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by chamboy(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2015
omenka:
We know it is mere "propaganda". Even if you were sitting in one of the buses as you type this, you would still tell the world it is "mere propaganda".

Jonathan Dollars turned him to this oo

4 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:
Please, who have entered any of these buses? What route do they ply? I really want to know
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2015
omenka:

What? I am not allowed some sacarsm again? cheesy

It was fun though

3 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2015
chamboy:
Jonathan Dollars turned him to this oo
*singing*
Are you gonna dance ooo. If I show you the money cheesy

1 Like

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Rilikoko(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2015
omenka:

Its a mere sarcasm from from d dude....abi no be so Mynd44?
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:26am On Feb 24, 2015
barcanista:
Please, who have entered any of these buses? What route do they ply? I really want to know
Wait for it. Aresa will soon post them.

BTW, you did not respond to my comments on your thread yesterday ooo tongue

1 Like

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:27am On Feb 24, 2015
Rilikoko:

Its a mere sarcasm from from d dude....abi no be so Mynd44?
Lol
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

Wait for it. Aresa will soon post them.

BTW, you did not respond to my comments on your thread yesterday ooo tongue
Well, I am waiting for aresa, I hope he/she provide the necessary information.

@ your question, actually I saw where yu asked why I skipped the Alamesiegha part, sincerely, I too was disappointed in that man's pardon.
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by egift(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
SMH SMH SMH.... A "500 Billion Naira budget" Governor commissioning "Buses" and its great an achievement waooo Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy....

If only that was the only thing. The Rail project is on-going and you too will agree that constantly commissioning good projects on a regular basis is Fashola's signature.

1 Like

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2015
barcanista:
Well, I am waiting for aresa, I hope he/she provide the necessary information.

@ your question, actually I saw where yu asked why I skipped the Alamesiegha part, sincerely, I too was disappointed in that man's pardon.
So you call APC members corrupt (most of who are not even running for office) and yet support a man who actually supports corruption to an extent that he pardoned a convictef felon, appoints thieves in Fani Kayode as campaign managers, wants to make a confessed election rigger (Obanikoro) to become a minister so he can keep rigging and still Goodluck is the best.

and oh you goofed on Obasanjo. Did you see where Jonathan called him his "Political Godfather"?

Mail me. we should talk offline though. maybe share a bottle of something.

mail me sha

8 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by omenka(m): 8:37am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

What? I am not allowed some sacarsm again? cheesy

It was fun though

Nor mind me jor. I no come dey understand your vibes lately. cheesy
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by omenka(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

So you call APC members corrupt (most of who are not even running for office) and yet support a man who actually supports corruption to an extent that he pardoned a convictef felon, appoints thieves in Fani Kayode as campaign managers, wants to make a confessed election rigger (Obanikoro) to become a minister so he can keep rigging and still Goodluck is the best.

and oh you goofed on Obasanjo. Did you see where Jonathan called him his "Political Godfather"?

mail me sha
Don't mean to intrude, but some things are best ignored.

#Go figure. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2015
omenka:
Don't mean to intrude, but some things are best ignored.

#Go figure. smiley
You are jealous tongue
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2015
omenka:
Nor mind me jor. I no come dey understand your vibes lately. cheesy
Hehehehehehehehehehe.
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

mail me sha
Alams pardon was not done through Presidential fiat but by the National Council of State(NCS). The NCS consists of all past Heads of State and Presidents, CJN, Speaker, Senate President and the 36 Governors. So far nobody came out to say they disagreed with his pardon. In fact, Yakubu Gowon came out to defend it. I am not holding brief for anyone but the responsibility should be shared by all of them and not President Jonathan alone.

As for Obanikoro alleged tape, I am yet to comment on it except on one occasion where I blamed Jonathan. However, he has gone to court arguing that the tape was doctored. Whether he's made a Minister or an SA is another issue as I believe there is the court to settle election matters. As for FFK, I recall when he was with APC, they said through elRufai that his trial was politically motivated. I want him to be brought to justice but I find it laughable the u-turn made by the same APC when he left them. Just the way they had backed Nyako rather than telling him to clear his name. Bro, APC is worse than PDP.

As for APC guys, lol....we know their antecedents and hypocrisy. Not forgeting their schemes. It is very easy to spot them. Haha.

MODIFIED
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 9:00am On Feb 24, 2015
barcanista:
Alams pardon was not done through Presidential fiat but by the National Council of State(NCS). The NCS consists of all past Heads of State and Presidents, CJN, Speaker, Senate President and the 36 Governors. So far nobody came out to say they disagreed with his pardon. In fact, Yakubu Gowon came out to defend it. I am not holding brief for anyone but the responsibility should be shared by all of them and not President Jonathan alone.

As for APC guys, lol....we know their antecedents and hypocrisy. Not forgeting their schemes. It is very easy to spot them. Haha.

Really? the Council of state...

This is the same way you absorbed the EFCC and ICPC of incompetence yesterday while you hid behind the FOI bill.

*eating popcorn*

So who takes the blame for the Chibok girls?
Oduahgate
Obanikoro's rigging which you ignored again.

This is interesting you know.

2 Likes

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2015
Jmaine, let's hope this one works.

barcanista:

Is this what moving to the other side does? Something that was launched yesterday, you are asking if anyone entered the buses yet

1 Like

Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:
Which one you dey? Na wa for you o
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 24, 2015
Mynd44:

Really? the Council of state...

This is the same way you absorbed the EFCC and ICPC of incompetence yesterday while you hid behind the FOI bill.

*eating popcorn*

So who takes the blame for the Chibok girls?
Oduahgate
Obanikoro's rigging which you ignored again.

This is interesting you know.
I have answered your qÙestion on Alamesiegha pardon. That wasn't done by Presidential fiat. The record is there.

As for Oduahgate, my position is very clear on it, it was the major reason I left GEJ's camp in the first place before my return.

On Obanikoro, I have modified my comment to state my position.

As for EFCC/ICPC it works like this. You petition the Agencies, the Agencies look at your petition and supporting evidence to see whether or not a case can be established. If yes, the agencies will work on the documented evidence and get witnesses to prosecute the case. How do we get the documented evidence when the government in power at States level are not coorperating by releasing relevant document to look into? What we normally have is situation where people are probed based on just petitions with no documented back-up and the case get adjourned "forever" with the Judge giving the suspect a clean bill of health. Please, look at the case of Ibori in Delta State. This is not saying EFCC themselves are competent as constituted, but States aren't helping matters and are even guilty of more coverups for themselves and their puppeteers
Re: Metro Bus Official Launch By Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

The buses are not state owned like your village governor does. ENABLING EVIROMENT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Top Nigeria Politicians Who Lost Their Pooling Unit. / Senate Presidency The New TROJAN HORSE For Igbo Votes and takeover of the East / Checkout How Much NNPC GMD Recieves As Salary(payslip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.