Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (138365 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Someone pls help oo

I was connected to this spectranet wireless stuff

I was monitoring the data usage on my laptop... It was moving normally.. Like few megabytes of data...

All of a sudden I saw it was showing about 1gig without doing any real stuff online... I was shocked

I checked my windows update... It was off..

Abeg, do you know if it's possible or how to check what's using the network underground? Or the possible reasons for the sudden upsurge in data usage

Biko

Thanks!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
aylive123:
Someone pls help oo

I was connected to this spectranet wireless stuff

I was monitoring the data usage on my laptop... It was moving normally.. Like few megabytes of data...

All of a sudden I saw it was showing about 1gig without doing any real stuff online... I was shocked

I checked my windows update... It was off..

Abeg, do you know if it's possible or how to check what's using the network underground? Or the possible reasons for the sudden upsurge in data usage

Biko

Thanks!

Are you familiar with Wireshark? It's based off of TCPDUMP (if you are familiar with Linux/UNIX) but it's a graphical UI.

With Wireshark you can actually view the traffic on a network. It's amazing software
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
For Networking newbies I have to tell y'all something,I know theoretically it's said that Cat5e cable has maximum length of 100m but guys believe me when I say you shouldn't ever try running the cat5 cables in the market for anything more than 10m. I was called in to troubleshoot a network failure and for a very long time I didn't realize the cabling was the problem as it was in conduit and was actually working. Only that after a few hours the connection just goes dead. We tested the network cable end to end andhad consistent readings and the latency wasn't a problem it took a whole day to realizd that just one cable between a server and switch was actually a very inferior cat5 cable and as such was losing connectivity intermittently. So guys be careful and get very high quality if you're using cat5 or preferably just use cat6 cables and mind the diameter of the wire core because the larger the diameter the better connection.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
OH My! That must have been a pain. I've never had such issues with Cat5 cables. I find them very dependable but then I agree quality does matter.
kode12:
For Networking newbies I have to tell y'all something,I know theoretically it's said that Cat5e cable has maximum length of 100m but guys believe me when I say you shouldn't ever try running the cat5 cables in the market for anything more than 10m. I was called in to troubleshoot a network failure and for a very long time I didn't realize the cabling was the problem as it was in conduit and was actually working. Only that after a few hours the connection just goes dead. We tested the network cable end to end andhad consistent readings and the latency wasn't a problem it took a whole day to realizd that just one cable between a server and switch was actually a very inferior cat5 cable and as such was losing connectivity intermittently. So guys be careful and get very high quality if you're using cat5 or preferably just use cat6 cables and mind the diameter of the wire core because the larger the diameter the better connection.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
DanIndia:
OH My! That must have been a pain. I've never had such issues with Cat5 cables. I find them very dependable but then I agree quality does matter.
Honestly we felt quite embarassed because we were called upon to fix things up quickly. Defiinitely quality though,inferior cables are just a pain in the offing
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
Honestly we felt quite embarassed because we were called upon to fix things up quickly. Defiinitely quality though,inferior cables are just a pain in the offing
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Kelechi2020(m): 1:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Having searched far and wide on nairaland for people with this type of practical knowledge on networking,i end my search here.
i would so much love to be part of this group.
my mail : egbosikelechi@gmail.com

i have real passion for networking but haven,t found an avenue to nuture it.

i have done comptia N+ at NIIT and presently studying sybex ccna routing and switching guide to help me acquire more knowledge.

cc:Fulaman198 kode12 incrediblestev rhymz aylive123
please help me to be guided on this path i have chosen.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 1:13am On Oct 08, 2015
orlamicome@gmail.com am in

already studying for ccna. Pls which one is better ccna routing nd switching or ccna security
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
Safari29:
orlamicome@gmail.com am in

already studying for ccna. Pls which one is better ccna routing nd switching or ccna security

If youre serious with networking you gotta start with R&S,then maybe wireless before security or voice.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2015
Exactly. That's one thing you've learnt and shared with us. Thanks a bunch. Noone knows it all
kode12:

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2015
kode12:

If youre serious with networking you gotta start with R&S,then maybe wireless before security or voice.
If she's into security,after rns,she can go to ccna security straight..

Doing ccna rns before ccna security is just to let her has basic understanding of the field I.e NETWORKING!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2015
baba11:

If she's into security,after rns,she can go to ccna security straight..

Doing ccna rns before ccna security is just to let her has basic understanding of the field I.e NETWORKING!!!!!!!! cool
Ofcourse that's the most logical path IF she's into security,but she sounded like a newbie so I gave the other choice.With RnS and Wireless you still get alot of security skills to get by quite well unless you're going much deeper
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 10:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello geeks, I have been able to integrate a switch IOS on GNS3 using IOS3725, NM-16ESW module, then set it up as an Ether-switch . You can now more switching configs and perhaps create a switching topology which and be managed. I also able notice that I couldn't implement Rapid-Pvst, only the native ieee pvst runs as default. Since you will be using this as a switch you can also disable IP routing @ global mode.

Am actually studying for my switching exams so that's why I decided to do a little research about this.

Below is the link to download IOS 3725
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLY19EbU_eTZG9veURSY3FQWkE/view?usp=sharing

Happy Switching
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
kode12:

Ofcourse that's the most logical path IF she's into security,but she sounded like a newbie so I gave the other choice.With RnS and Wireless you still get alot of security skills to get by quite well unless you're going much deeper
If the person is really interest in becoming a cyber security expert,there's no need for wireless as training on ceh ,msce etc can easily make up for that. + ccnp too cool

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
I wish I could comment. I am not really a big fan of security.
baba11:

If the person is really interest in becoming a cyber security expert,there's no need for wireless as training on ceh ,msce etc can easily make up for that. + ccnp too cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
OK bro....can I get materials from you on ccna rns 200-120 Todd lammle sybex series cool

I learnt that 640-802 composite exams has been retired!How true is this cool

Cc:fulaman198
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
Bros I no follow you argue oh. No be me ask question self ehn abeg.We're not doing skill/knowledge competition
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
640, it's been almost two years since this got retired. The new one is the 200-101
baba11:

OK bro....can I get materials from you on ccna rns 200-120 Todd lammle sybex series cool

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
I just don't understand if you expect to make sense out of your comment. Noone is doing skill knowledge competition. It's thread where if people know something, they share. I just stated I wasn't a big fan so I didn't know what to say about security. So which one be this your no be you ask question. If you don't have anything to say, why not refrain from using your keyboard ? Na must make you comment?

kode12:

Bros I no follow you argue oh. No be me ask question self ehn abeg.We're not doing skill/knowledge competition
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
640, it's been almost two years since this got retired. The new one is the 200-101
I mean composite exams not individual icnd 1 or 2 type cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yes, it is outdated. Been 2 years now. The new composite is 200-120. Sorry I wrote 200-101 earlier.
And somehow I didn't totally get your initial post. You asked for books on CCNA RnS 200-120 and then talked about 640-802. The 200-120 now replaces the old 640. Cisco retired the terms with 640 2 years ago and now it's CCNA - 200 and CCNP - 300.
Just google CCNA v2.0 or CCNAX

baba11:

I mean composite exams not individual icnd 1 or 2 type cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
@ kode12:We are all learning here.Don't take it personal.

From my post ,what i mean is that if she really wants to be an expert in the security circle,she doesn't need wireless rather rns and security is enough because she may still need to do ccnp,ceh,msce which will be somewhat like repetition or mere waste of time.

* ***don't take offence * * **

We are all learning here... OKAY cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
Yes, it is outdated. Been 2 years now. The new composite is 200-120. Sorry I wrote 200-101 earlier.
And somehow I don't totally get your initial post. You asked for books on CCNA RnS 200-120 and then talked about 640-802. The 200-120 now replaces the old 640. Cisco retired the terms with 640 2 years ago and not it's CCNA - 200 and CCNP - 300.
I'm referring to the composite 200-120 type...Can I count on you for preparatory materials cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'm sorry, but, wasn't this your question ?
baba11:

I've given the answer to the second question twice now. IT HAS BEEN RETIRED AND REPLACED WITH 200-120. 200-120 is new the composite and 640-802 is old. In fact, the last time I heard that was in 2013.
The 640-802 has been now replaced with the following exams:
200-120 CCNA Composite
100-101 ICND1
200-101 ICND2

And for prepatory materials, get the Todd Lammle book. It's not that expensive and it's good enough to study, understand and nail the exam.

All the best.

baba11:

I'm referring to the composite 200-120 type...Can I count on you for preparatory materials cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Kelechi2020(m): 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Greetings to my people in the house
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
I greet you! Welcome to the thread.
Kelechi2020:
Greetings to my people in the house
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
I just don't understand if you expect to make sense out of your comment. Noone is doing skill knowledge competition. It's thread where if people know something, they share. I just stated I wasn't a big fan so I didn't know what to say about security. So which one be this your no be you ask question. If you don't have anything to say, why not refrain from using your keyboard ? Na must make you comment?

Bros why u dey hot like that na,I wasn't even talking to you oh twas baba11, I quoted you in error and I think baba11 got our jerk we're good bro
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oh that was a mistake ? AH I was surprised. I responded since it was me you mentioned and not baba11. I actually made my initial post as a joke because believe me that security no be my thing at all. To go the security route, you must know everything. From Wireless to Voice to Data, everything, you're securing all forms of data flow so you've gotta be a jack of all trade plus a little ethical hacking too. Eh that thing e get as e be.
kode12:

Bros why u dey hot like that na,I wasn't even talking to you oh twas baba11, I quoted you in error and I think baba11 got our jerk we're good bro
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
@Danindia and kode12:One love pls....let's sheathe our sword... cool@Danindia and kode12:One love pls....let's sheathe our sword...
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kode12: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
Oh that was a mistake ? AH I was surprised. I responded since it was me you mentioned and not baba11. I actually made my initial post as a joke because believe me that security no be my thing at all. To go the security route, you must know everything. From Wireless to Voice to Data, everything, you're securing all forms of data flow so you've gotta be a jack of all trade plus a little ethical hacking too. Eh that thing e get as e be.

Yes oh,thats why I said don't just bother with security if you're not going all the way. CCNP RnS security is tough enough,anyone with good grounding can implement adequate security protocols
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
kode12:

Yes oh,thats why I said don't just bother with security if you're not going all the way. CCNP RnS security is tough enough,anyone with good grounding can implement adequate security protocols
I'm going into security o bro... cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
DanIndia:
This is already a study group. The most you can do is contribute and not asking people to follow your group. If you read the thread properly, it's a study group on where people share stuffs. If you've got anything to share, you can go ahead and share.

That being said, I don't really think you can lab CCNA collab effectively (I'm not saying it's impossible) but you'll have to configure a lot. Kudos on having set that up. How's it working for you ?
And the INE All Access Pass - how much did you get that for ?
I think it is better to have a Skype study group or any other video conferencing app. So we can demonstrate and learn better. This platform is just a forum, it can't replace study group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (57) (Reply)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.