Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137599 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by callydon(m): 11:52am On Mar 06, 2016
I am also interested in d study group
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Just wrote my 300-115 exam and passed 958, actuall wrote and failed this same exam on 2nd March, left like dying. Found my mistakes in the labs and fixed it this time. LACP STP sim very tricky. Thank God

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
snipesdam:
Just wrote my 300-115 exam and passed 958, actuall wrote and this same exam on 2nd March, left like dying. Found my mistakes in the labs and fixed it this time. LACP STP sim very tricky. Thank God
Big congratulations, bro!!

Pls wat was d exam cost,?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Johnpaul88:
Big congratulations, bro!!

Pls wat was d exam cost,?

N98k to N105k
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 8:08am On Mar 09, 2016
snipesdam:
Just wrote my 300-115 exam and passed 958, actuall wrote and failed this same exam on 2nd March, left like dying. Found my mistakes in the labs and fixed it this time. LACP STP sim very tricky. Thank God

Congrats bro.. Have you also done route exam?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2016
aylive123:

Congrats bro.. Have you also done route exam?

Yeah have done route. In for the last round Tshoot.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by forkinsonlolo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
snipesdam:

Congrat bro. How long did it take you to write the two? I just started studying for mine tho switch route and the tshoot
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
forkinsonlolo:

Congrat bro. How long did it take you to write the two? I just started studying for mine tho switch route and the tshoot

Did route in Sept 2015 and switch in march 2016
6 to 7 Months
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Congratulations to you, bro
snipesdam:

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hello guys,

Haven't been here in a while, nice to read up on all I've missed. @DanIndia bro, how's the CCNP hustle going? Haven't had the chance to contribute here cos I've been quite busy with work. @baba11 I'm proud of your hustle and enthusiasm bro, a couple of months back you were a rookie like me before I got certified, now you are running CCNP level preps, really nice.

You should understand that there are different strokes for different folks, getting a job boils down to your mentality. I wrote CCNA last year November and I currently work in one of the biggest multinationals in the world. There were guys who had CCNP and CCIE written at the interview but I was the only person HR picked for the job. Now I get to work with live gear everyday in a major enterprise network while learning other key aspects of server administration, mobility, and security.

It's not by your level of certs, it's by your passion to learn and improve. I would advice every network engineer to do at least a course in ITIL as it's fast becoming a must have regardless of which path you follow in IT. We use 5 ISPs where I work, some as main,, backup and voice and one common thing with all of them is whenever they have link outages or planned maintenance, they send us tickets so we can follow up (which is basically service operation and Incident/Request management under ITIL)

Writing my CCNP ROUTE next month, should get certified this year and hopefully get to ITIL intermediate level. Finally, if you intend to work in an enterprise Network (500+ computers), you can't escape learning server administration. My manager gave me 18 months to get MCSE certified so start learning that on the side now if you can. VERSATILITY AND PASSION IS THE KEY TO MAKING IT IN THIS FIELD.

Cheers guys, this thread has been a major contributing factor to giving me a platform to work where I work now. Keep the flag flying!

8 Likes

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
@Noriega, Good one. I also had MCSA and OCP before. Just got a job that put me on the front line of networking and voice. How are you preparing for ITIL? may be we can prepare together.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Congrats NoriegaQ.

Am scheduled for ccnp route next month. Anyone in the same shoe? Maybe we can do some brainstorming together. Am in Lagos.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 7:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
ptoall1000:
@Noriega, Good one. I also had MCSA and OCP before. Just got a job that put me on the front line of networking and voice. How are you preparing for ITIL? may be we can prepare together.

I also need to write MCSA soon though I learnt I could write MCSE directly, just don't think I'd like to take that risk. How long did it take you to prepare to sit for your MCSA?

Look for a book on Google about ITILv3 Foundation, just type Tauruu ITIL in the search bar. I also watch free videos on Cybrary besides using my company library. Would also advice you learn about CMDBs such as Remedy or ServiceNow, these are applications that are used to administer ITIL services at the Service Operation level. We just migrated to ServiceNow at work from Remedy last month because Service now is more functional and flexible.

You'd find ITIL very interesting and easy since you already have IT experience/background. Let me know when you get access to the needed study materials so we can work out a knowledge-share plan. Cheers!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
aylive123:
Congrats NoriegaQ.

Am scheduled for ccnp route next month. Anyone in the same shoe? Maybe we can do some brainstorming together. Am in Lagos.

I should write next month too though I haven't scheduled it. Waiting to see how the exchange rate plays out over the rest of this month. grin grin grin

How long have you prepared for and which study materials did you use? I'm stylishly waiting to get approval from HR at work to get CBT Nuggets access so I can see their perspective on ROUTE.

Wish you all the best as you write bro, success is definitely yours. Cheers!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
snipesdam:

Congratulations smiley You will have your CCNP soon.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
NoriegaQ:

I should write next month too though I haven't scheduled it. Waiting to see how the exchange rate plays out over the rest of this month. grin grin grin

How long have you prepared for and which study materials did you use? I'm stylishly waiting to get approval from HR at work to get CBT Nuggets access so I can see their perspective on ROUTE.

I think you should skip CBT Nuggets all together and go for Kevin Wallace's CCNP route videos. They are far better.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
NoriegaQ:

I also need to write MCSA soon though I learnt I could write MCSE directly, just don't think I'd like to take that risk. How long did it take you to prepare to sit for your MCSA?
Look for a book on Google about ITILv3 Foundation, just type Tauruu ITIL in the search bar. I also watch free videos on Cybrary besides using my company library. Would also advice you learn about CMDBs such as Remedy or ServiceNow, these are applications that are used to administer ITIL services at the Service Operation level. We just migrated to ServiceNow at work from Remedy last month because Service now is more functional and flexible.
You'd find ITIL very interesting and easy since you already have IT experience/background. Let me know when you get access to the needed study materials so we can work out a knowledge-share plan. Cheers!
I'll check the materials out tomorw and get back you.
Thank you.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 9:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulaman198:

I think you should skip CBT Nuggets all together and go for Kevin Wallace's CCNP route videos. They are far better.

Really? Thanks bro, will definitely check them out. I've read his book on ROUTE though, quite good but he doesn't have Todd Lammle's famous playful approach to Network engineering.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
NoriegaQ:

Really? Thanks bro, will definitely check them out. I've read his book on ROUTE though, quite good but he doesn't have Todd Lammle's famous playful approach to Network engineering.

I find his videos more educational with real-life examples than CBT Nuggets where Jeremy Cioara or w/e his name is doesn't really teach but tries to keep you entertained. Kevin Wallace takes a more serious approach, still fun, but you actually learn.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:53am On Mar 14, 2016
NoriegaQ:
Hello guys,

Haven't been here in a while, nice to read up on all I've missed. @DanIndia bro, how's the CCNP hustle going? Haven't had the chance to contribute here cos I've been quite busy with work. @baba11 I'm proud of your hustle and enthusiasm bro, a couple of months back you were a rookie like me before I got certified, now you are running CCNP level preps, really nice.

You should understand that there are different strokes for different folks, getting a job boils down to your mentality. I wrote CCNA last year November and I currently work in one of the biggest multinationals in the world. There were guys who had CCNP and CCIE written at the interview but I was the only person HR picked for the job. Now I get to work with live gear everyday in a major enterprise network while learning other key aspects of server administration, mobility, and security.

It's not by your level of certs, it's by your passion to learn and improve. I would advice every network engineer to do at least a course in ITIL as it's fast becoming a must have regardless of which path you follow in IT. We use 5 ISPs where I work, some as main,, backup and voice and one common thing with all of them is whenever they have link outages or planned maintenance, they send us tickets so we can follow up (which is basically service operation and Incident/Request management under ITIL)

Writing my CCNP ROUTE next month, should get certified this year and hopefully get to ITIL intermediate level. Finally, if you intend to work in an enterprise Network (500+ computers), you can't escape learning server administration. My manager gave me 18 months to get MCSE certified so start learning that on the side now if you can. VERSATILITY AND PASSION IS THE KEY TO MAKING IT IN THIS FIELD.

Cheers guys, this thread has been a major contributing factor to giving me a platform to work where I work now. Keep the flag flying!

Congrats NoriegaQ...you inspire me..I've to apply more force on the pedal now to be really successful like you..I'm happy for you oo cool
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2016
NoriegaQ:
Hello guys,

NoriegaQ Congrats on your new role.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
baba11:

Congrats NoriegaQ...you inspire me..I've to apply more force on the pedal now to be really successful like you..I'm happy for you oo cool

Thanks bro, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you put your mind to it. There's so much to learn, the hack is to try and learn something new everyday regardless of the field. I've come to understand that no knowledge is wasted. Wish you great success bro.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fulaman198:
Watch one of his example videos here from the Route portion of the exam:

http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/store/ccnp-routing-and-switching-route-300-101-complete-video-9780789753731

Wow, quite straightforward. Thanks for sharing bro, regards.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Congratulations, bro. I'm happy for you man. And I totally agree with you on the server administration part. You're a Network Engineer: you should already know what your job is - connect one or more devices together. And in a productive environment, you definitely will be connecting one client to another server or vice versa. And take it from me, you'll also find that workmate who needs help with installing/troubleshooting their PC for network printer issues.

Good job once again bro
NoriegaQ:

Wow, quite straightforward. Thanks for sharing bro, regards.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by subsidycoco: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
am intrested,pls leme knw how to go abt it
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2016
I use Kevin Wallace Cisco press.. His videos, INE Videos, workbook and also some other videos.. Over 100 of them anyway.. One can't limit himself to CBT Nuggets oo.

NoriegaQ:

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2016
I use Kevin Wallace Cisco press.. His videos, INE Videos, workbook and also some other videos.. Over 100 of them anyway.. One can't limit himself to CBT Nuggets oo.

Am considering the exchange rate too anyway

NoriegaQ:

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
NoriegaQ:

Thanks bro, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you put your mind to it. There's so much to learn, the hack is to try and learn something new everyday regardless of the field. I've come to understand that no knowledge is wasted. Wish you great success bro.
Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by luwins(m): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2016
NoriegaQ:
Hello guys,

Please I sent you a mail but no response. please do respond as I have some questions for you. thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Lobolintin(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2016
DanIndia:
If you're planning to attend CCNA training and are thinking of paying an Institute then hold on on that thought.
For CCNA, you really wouldn't have to pay to pass it. You can self study online and can watch videos on CCNA online. Tons of them on youtube.
If you have a good and reliable internet connection, then please join us. Trust me, you never know until you try.

How can I join you guys am an amateur
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by kart042000(m): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Wow! its good to see how this thread Is progressing. I am happy to see people advancing and encouraging each other on what to do.
I would advice its not just about been certified that counts but continous study and practice.
Its quite unfortunate the best way to learn cisco is to be engaged as soon as you complete your certifications.
I first obtained my CCNA in 2007 and I wrote the exam for 25k only, it has skyrocketed now. WOW.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (57) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.