Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (137988 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ebixy(m): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
umarwy:

Nice idea. I think more people should try this so that the thread would not remain a list of e-mails looking for dump.

Ebixy I don't think the materials are available for now, Cisco has only given the instructors of Cisco academy. But you can start by studying the previous material.

A quick search on Google can get you a lot. The best book I have come across is Todd lammle.

You can also get excellent tutorials from 9tut.com and the forum there is also very helpful all the best .

Thanks. I have actually searched the Internet for it but only found for the old 200-120 by Todd Lammle.

Actually am still studying the CompTIA Network books & videos since am new to networking but won't be taking the exams. When am done with CompTIA, i will start with the old material before the new books are released possibly 4th quarter of this year.

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Redfox(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2016
The World of analytics & Modeling as we know it....

Earthlings! a closer look.
Redfox Analytics-- redefining & standardizing the world of modeling, analytics and research with the use of solution engines: SAS, SPSS, Eviews, STATA, Python, R, XLSTAT, Epi-Info, MicroFit and Microsoft Excel forecasting with varying applications in General research, Econometrics, Development Finance, Real Estate Modeling & Financing, Global Markets (currency & fixed income derivative) analytic. Just maybe this is that golden opportunity to NOT only grow a skill set but to build, innovate and be a problem solver.
Statistical and Survey Analysis
Biostatistics
Quantitative Risk*
Panel Data*
Forecasting
Data Analytics Support*
Financial Regression and Back-testing*
Data Mining*
Advanced Excel Simulation*
Algorithm
Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research guide @the Tip*
Financial Markets*

Kingsley Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com

Hey! You can find me now.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Princepitbull(m): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2016
ebixy:
Please is there anyone here about to start studying for CCNA? I need someone we can make progress together and "challenge" ourselves. We won't be competing o, just as a form of encouraging each other. Also anyone with the latest CCNA 200-125 cert guide or book can share with me also. Thanks

Yes. I am starting CCNA with New horizon Ibadan branch next week Tuesday. Update on whatever needs to be done or followed up.....am always reading thru. Wonderful idea bro.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ebixy(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2016
Princepitbull:

Yes. I am starting CCNA with New horizon Ibadan branch next week Tuesday. Update on whatever needs to be done or followed up.....am always reading thru. Wonderful idea bro.

Am following the self-study route. Maybe we could communicate via WhatsApp, what do you think?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2016
Question house
You.work for a large firm employing thousands of employees.the network.conists of data,voice and video infrastructure.dhcp is configured obviously so also is vlan putting the pc, iPhones and video conferencing devices on seperate networks.
What else.must be.configured.to.make.sure that devices are allocated automatically ip addresses from their correct ip addresses/subnet.eg ip phones won't get ip address meant for either a pc or a video conferencing device.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2016
Snipesdam
I have tried accessing the files bt I keep getting no files available,is the link no longer active?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ogbevireo(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2016
myk2mic:
Question house
You.work for a large firm employing thousands of employees.the network.conists of data,voice and video infrastructure.dhcp is configured obviously so also is vlan putting the pc, iPhones and video conferencing devices on seperate networks.
What else.must be.configured.to.make.sure that devices are allocated automatically ip addresses from their correct ip addresses/subnet.eg ip phones won't get ip address meant for either a pc or a video conferencing device.

The bigger gurus will answer this better.

However, I think you need to configure Qos for voice and video traffic. Then using create a vlan for voice & video to which you will add all the devices that fall into that category.

Note that if you configure Qos, you can use a single port to carry data, voice & video without negative effects on the voice & video packets. Such that you can connect a pc to a phone and the phone to the wall jack.

My one cent.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
ogbevireo:

The bigger gurus will answer this better.
However, I think you need to configure Qos for voice and video traffic. Then using create a vlan for voice & video to which you will add all the devices that fall into that category.
Note that if you configure Qos, you can use a single port to carry data, voice & video without negative effects on the voice & video packets. Such that you can connect a pc to a phone and the phone to the wall jack.
My one cent.

Qos has nothing to do with this. Qos is used to prioritize packets making sure that packets u feel are important get delivered before other types of packet.for instance voice/ video packets are naturally considered before data packets becos of the nature of these packets, so Qos is configured and voice packets are marked for special treatment/ delivery before other packets(data).
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ogbeviro,
U are correct though in how u can pass both voice and data packets via a phone port,though in actual sense ,the paths are logically separeted . Then qos is applied to give preferential delivery to packets to deem fit. U have a ccnp? grin
The original question still remains though, how to make sure packets don't get assigned wrong ip addresses

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by peoray(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=ptoall1000 post=48348340]
I understand that gns3 and VIRL are good emulators for CCNP but if can afford it, the best is rackrentals. [/quote

Hi bro... I sent u a mail. I stay in Abuja and I need ur help on Ccna materials. please help a brother in need. can't afford to purchase any
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
myk2mic:
Snipesdam
I have tried accessing the files bt I keep getting no files available,is the link no longer active?

Reply on mail i sent.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ogbevireo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
myk2mic:
Ogbeviro,
U are correct though in how u can pass both voice and data packets via a phone port,though in actual sense ,the paths are logically separeted . Then qos is applied to give preferential delivery to packets to deem fit. U have a ccnp? grin
The original question still remains though, how to make sure packets don't get assigned wrong ip addresses

The ip addresses for your ip phones and video devices will be statically assigned. You will create a voice/vlan and assign addresses from this vlan to your voice & video devices.

No I'm currently reading for NP route. Got my NA in June.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Princepitbull(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2016
ebixy:

Am following the self-study route. Maybe we could communicate via WhatsApp, what do you think?

Cool bro. 08064192639
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2016
myk2mic:
Question house

u can do dhcp reservation. i hope am right
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2016
myk2mic:
Question house

ROAS
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
Safari29,
No u r wrong.far from it

Beratechnicians
What's roas,
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by umarwy(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
myk2mic:
Safari29,
No u r wrong.far from it

Beratechnicians
What's roas,

Router on a stick
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
myk2mic:
Safari29,
No u r wrong.far from it

Beratechnicians
What's roas,

you have to proof me wrong bro. with dhcp reservation, u can always assign the same IP to the devices (fone,printer,laptop,joystick) even if u move to another subnet. dhcp reservation works with mac address and ip address in the pool.

well i can say the above because i have tried it on window server 2012 r2 configured with dhcp roles
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
umarwy:

Router on a stick
u cant use router on a stick. the question says same IP to devices whenever connected to any of the subnet. ROAS is used to configure vlans
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Safari29:

u cant use router on a stick. the question says same IP to devices whenever connected to any of the subnet. ROAS is used to configure vlans

where did the question say same IP to devices?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Safari29:

you have to proof me wrong bro. with dhcp reservation, u can always assign the same IP to the devices (fone,printer,laptop,joystick) even if u move to another subnet. dhcp reservation works with mac address and ip address in the pool.

well i can say the above because i have tried it on window server 2012 r2 configured with dhcp roles

the question talks about automatically assigning IP addresses, so ur reservation can't work since it'll involve manual inputs
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
BetaTechnicians:

the question talks about automatically assigning IP addresses, so ur reservation can't work since it'll involve manual inputs

u are right.

hmmm, so what could be the answer?

na so people dey fail oh. god help me. I read the question wrongly. my view of the question was different subnet same IP to all devices.

the answer to the question is definitely ROAS Router on a stick
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=peoray post=48394734][/quote]

ca
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Safari29:

u are right.

na so people dey fail oh. god help me. I read the question wrongly. my view of the question was different subnet same IP to all devices.

no be me go talk answer na'...
make Mr. examiner come tell us.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
myk2mic:
Question house
The way we do it in my office is that :
i) all phone are on VOICE vlan
ii) all pc are on data vlans, which are like 7 different vlans based on depts

a) You connect the phones (LAN Port of the IP phone) to the wall jack.
b) connect the PC to PC port of the phone.
Set the phone primary vlan to voice vlan- this depend on what type of phone anyway
Set the phone secondary vlan to the data vlan you want for the PC.
It s a cool technology!!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
i have a challenge in my hand now. Connecting the IP phones via site to site VPN. The connections is established, the phones can call each other but no sound. that s what im working on now. Any help along this line?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where can I get the complete Cisco all-in-one vmware free
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Princepitbull:

Cool bro. 08064192639
interested. and we can also share materials ideas and videos.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 4:01am On Aug 13, 2016
ptoall1000:

Set the phone primary vlan to voice vlan- this depend on what type of phone anyway
It s a cool technology!!
MOst smb's connect this way, like u said different vlans are assigned but I ask are the phones and pc's using the same ip subnet ,if no how do both devices get the correct ip address from the right subnet assuming a central dhcp server is configured.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by myk2mic: 4:32am On Aug 13, 2016
Safari29:

u are right.
U are correct to a large extent router on a stick will be configured .
After all necessary configurations are done on the switch(vlans ,trunk ports and access ports).
The router will have to be configured with subinterfaces in different vlans with there respective ip addresses(default gateways).

Note that the dhcp server itself is located in a vlan and must be assigned a static ip address and it's default gateway ip will be the ip address of a particular subinterface on the router in the same vlan as the sever. Don't forget to create your dhcp pools of addresses for the different vlans on ur dhcp server.

The most important command that u will setup is the [b]ip helper address x.x.x.x [/b]on the subinterfaces that are not on the same vlan as the dhcp server.x.x..x.x is the ip address of ur dhcp server.so the router knows where the server is located and points dhcp requests to the right address.

I am typing on a phone it's kinda difficult to put all I want to say in words at the moment. I will explain it in a more detailed manner with examples very soon.

Bt understand that a router is needed to perform intervlan routing and the address of the dhcp server would also be required.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2016
ptoall1000:

It s a cool technology!!
the switchports are trunked right?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by BetaTechnicians: 6:29am On Aug 13, 2016
myk2mic:

U are correct to a large extent router on a stick will be configured .
After all necessary configurations are done on the switch(vlans ,trunk ports and access ports).
The router will have to be configured with subinterfaces in different vlans with there respective ip addresses(default gateways).

Note that the dhcp server itself is located in a vlan and must be assigned a static ip address and it's default gateway ip will be the ip address of a particular subinterface on the router in the same vlan as the sever. Don't forget to create your dhcp pools of addresses for the different vlans on ur dhcp server.

The most important command that u will setup is the [b]ip helper address x.x.x.x [/b]on the subinterfaces that are not on the same vlan as the dhcp server.x.x..x.x is the ip address of ur dhcp server.so the router knows where the server is located and points dhcp requests to the right address.

I am typing on a phone it's kinda difficult to put all I want to say in words at the moment. I will explain it in a more detailed manner with examples very soon.

Bt understand that a router is needed to perform intervlan routing and the address of the dhcp server would also be required.

You seem to be making the scenario unnecessarily complex, the same router in the roas configuration can serve as the dhcp server for all the sub-interfaces because there can be multiple dhcp pool on it, so why do u need to place the pool on another router which would now necessitate the ip helper address?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (57) (Reply)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.